Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

WampaLord posted:

Carrot Top's commentary for The Rules of Engagement.

Legit it's great. He's never seen the movie before, they just saw him walking by and went "Hey, come record a commentary for this!" and he agreed and it's funny as gently caress.

The Rules of Attraction.

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The commentary tracks to Cannibal the Musical and Orgazmo (movies Matt Stone and Trey Parker made before South Park) are pretty funny. They must be one of the earliest drunk commentaries out there. At the end of the commentary track to Cannibal the Musical a fight nearly breaks out and everybody just goes to the strip club.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The competing commentary tracks made by Jeremy Piven and the director for the film PCU might be some of the funniest blame-shifting I've ever heard. Seriously, watch PCU, then the director track, then the Piven track.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Someone just posted a clip from the Armageddon commentary and if the rest of Affleck's commentary on it is like that it would definitely be worth a watch:

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/858451109844836352

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

priznat posted:

Someone just posted a clip from the Armageddon commentary and if the rest of Affleck's commentary on it is like that it would definitely be worth a watch:

lol That owns

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not fond of Affleck but that was gold.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marvel/ DC fanboys are the worst thing to happen to film since Brett Ratner

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why are The Critic and The Blonde Joker hanging out in Mr. Plinkett's house?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

What are the best commentary tracks? I need something new to watch.

Johnathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis commentating Star Trek Insurrection is pretty good. Sirtis doesnt remember jack poo poo about the utterly forgettable film but is just super happy to be chatting to her old friend Johnny and the fun she had just being in Star Trek and Frakes is constantly bemoaning the restrictions and studio fuckery he had to put up with to create such a boring film.

It is far more entertaining then Insurrection ever was.

priznat posted:

This is also gold.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Commentary Challenge: Get through The Two Towers without wanting to drain Sean Astin of all his blood.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Ok so I saw GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY yesterday and it was ok

It had a lot of fun scenes but as a whole, it was lacking a bit of cohesion just like the first one

BUT

After the credits you get a scene with Syvlester Stallone and some aliens and it seems like it's referencing something? But I had no idea who those dudes were

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Commentary Challenge: Get through The Two Towers without wanting to drain Sean Astin of all his blood.

Haha, what does he do to merit this? Never listened to any of the LOTR commentary tracks and I don't know nothing about Sean Astin.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Haha, what does he do to merit this? Never listened to any of the LOTR commentary tracks and I don't know nothing about Sean Astin.

Imagine someone rapidly disappearing up their own rear end, eliciting frustrated sighs from Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
My favourite commentary track moment ever is on an episode of Babylon 5, where Claudia Christian is talking about being harnessed into the Starfury cockpit set when an earthquake hit, and the rest of the cast just ran away and abandoned her.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Wet Hot American Summer used its commentary track to add a bunch of farts to the movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Spinal Tap commentary track where they're all in character is godly.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Is that on the DVD?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The UHF commentary where it becomes obvious that Weird Al rewatched the film and went through call sheets so he knew where every shot was done. Jay Levey the director is stunned by this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Is that on the DVD?

Yeah, the 2-disc special edition. Great DVD, it has almost a whole movie of additional footage

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Spinal Tap commentary track where they're all in character is godly.

Seconding this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Imagine someone rapidly disappearing up their own rear end, eliciting frustrated sighs from Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis.

Well Serkis and Wood actually went on to do other things after LOTR. Astin's biggest roles post LOTR were supporting parts in bad Adam Sandler movies and straight to DVD horror schlock. Goddammit Sam.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's been probably 14 years since I've seen it but there's a Stargate SG-1 commentary where the show creator sings the lyrics to the theme song

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay you convinced me. I want to listen to all these commentary tracks. Blockbuster no longer exists and I don't want to bump netflix up to the atavistic physical media delivery option. What the heck do I even do now? Heck!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Okay you convinced me. I want to listen to all these commentary tracks. Blockbuster no longer exists and I don't want to bump netflix up to the atavistic physical media delivery option. What the heck do I even do now? Heck!

Do you have a MegaReplay near you?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well Serkis and Wood actually went on to do other things after LOTR. Astin's biggest roles post LOTR were supporting parts in bad Adam Sandler movies and straight to DVD horror schlock. Goddammit Sam.

You're being pretty generous to Elijah Wood here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

He's going to be in season 2 of Stranger Things.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

General Dog posted:

You're being pretty generous to Elijah Wood here

You're right. He had a supporting role as The Guy in Spy Kids 3D. But he also got his cameo in the hobbit trilogy and the dirk gently series by Max Landis.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Paladinus posted:

He's going to be in season 2 of Stranger Things.

Is he going to be taking over the role of the lead kid?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Elijah Wood went on to a fine career of being confused for Daniel Radcliffe (and vice versa)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

You're right. He had a supporting role as The Guy in Spy Kids 3D. But he also got his cameo in the hobbit trilogy and the dirk gently series by Max Landis.

He also starred in Wilfred. Leading role in two TV shows and a bunch of smaller movie work is a lot better than Sean Astin's biggest role after LoTR, "the fat guy who dies in The Strain"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Guy Goodbody posted:

He also starred in Wilfred. Leading role in two TV shows and a bunch of smaller movie work is a lot better than Sean Astin's biggest role after LoTR, "the fat guy who dies in The Strain"

Wasn't he on a season of 24?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Krinkle posted:

First you gotta leave your house, then you gotta find the nearest flea market and look around for the people selling $1 DVDs. Or just go on Amazon and pay like a couple of bucks more plus shipping. If you have Amazon Prime shipping is even free!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305311463/ref=tmm_dvd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1493655128&sr=8-1 Buck 35 and you can get the Armageddon Criterion Edition DVD.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
God help anyone that hasn't seen Spinal Tap with the commentary.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

FuturePastNow posted:

It's been probably 14 years since I've seen it but there's a Stargate SG-1 commentary where the show creator sings the lyrics to the theme song

All the Peter Deluise commentaries for SG-1 are funny. Particularly the ones with Gary Jones where he wasn't even in the episode but is just there to bullshit with his friend.

MikeCrotch posted:

My favourite commentary track moment ever is on an episode of Babylon 5, where Claudia Christian is talking about being harnessed into the Starfury cockpit set when an earthquake hit, and the rest of the cast just ran away and abandoned her.

Similarly, all the commentaries involving the main three B5 cast members (Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian and Jerry Doyle) are good even though (or maybe because) only Boxleitner seems to know anything about the show. The other two are like "hmm, this is actually a pretty good show. Maybe I should watch it."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

arnold's total recall commentary is incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKsBrgGH84

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God help anyone that hasn't seen Spinal Tap with the commentary.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rob Pattinson Twilight commentary is GOAT

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Groovelord Neato posted:

arnold's total recall commentary is incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKsBrgGH84

pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
All of Arnie's commentary's are basically 'THIS IS THE THING ON THE SCREEN I'M DOING' and it's great every time, especially the conan one where the other guy is weird pervo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBhE8JOcLE

Edit: Bonus this reminded me of fave commentary ever, on the bitches leave scene from Robocop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rrZeTH9HI

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread