Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oh, man.

Did she mind control her friend to become a rapper?

Jesus. I might have to watch this movie.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Fartbox posted:

The new She-Hulk trailer is pretty drat amazing though. They're really going in a bold new direction;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gG-Zfl16Y

I wish it was my head between her thighs instead of those watermelons.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

I have a friend that kind of looks like Jay and went through a transformation like Jay did.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

bring back old gbs posted:

hahahaha rich burns josh around 21:20

Cool. In a grease fire and to death I hope

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Please don't post Yug, Wampa and I's highschool years.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Fartbox posted:

I got this 22 year old girl at work who talks about the Harry Potter movies like they were her Star Wars

Those movies were all so bad

Prisoner of Azkaban was awesome because Alfonso Cuarón

The rest, yeah, meh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
R1 was poop

TFA was deja vu the movie

I'd say The Last Jedi will be great for pissing everyone off, but gently caress all of the movies are doing that right now. Just keep crapping em out, Disney.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

R1 was poop

TFA was deja vu the movie

I'd say The Last Jedi will be great for pissing everyone off, but gently caress all of the movies are doing that right now. Just keep crapping em out, Disney.

They're gonna end it by freezing Finn in carbonite to save his life and nerds are gonna claaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
IM GONNA CUMMMMMMMM

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Randarkman posted:

Oh, man.

Did she mind control her friend to become a rapper?

Jesus. I might have to watch this movie.

lol yep

It was real good.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

What's that juggling video Mike's watching in the beginning of the Resident Evil HitB? Is that Rich Evans dressed as a viking woman?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

powerful sex moves posted:

Holy poo poo, Teen Witch is on TV and it's amazing. I'm gonna end up staying up until 5 am to watch this poo poo.

Clarissa the Teen-Aged Witch marathon? Why?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

monster on a stick posted:

Clarissa the Teen-Aged Witch marathon? Why?

Different teen witch

I'm hot
and you're not

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Teen Witch has the whole plot being based around the virginity of the main character, right?

Weird choice for a kids movie.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That was a funny commentary. Mike's talk about what sort of movies could be set in a Star Wars setting made me think that there is an untapped market for Top Gun ripoffs with X-Wings. Then Disney could put all the homoeroticism they wanted into the movie and let people take it or leave it.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
After Rogue One's commercial success, a Rogue Squadron movie is pretty much guaranteed.

I want to see them remake Starship Troopers from the Imperial perspective.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Rich:

"Make Star Wars gritty so it can be taken seriously!" x20

(Jay+Mike)

"Yeah...."

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Disney's Star Wars' Gold Squadron's Gold Leader: A Gold Squadron's Star Wars story by Disney

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Teen Witch has the whole plot being based around the virginity of the main character, right?

Weird choice for a kids movie.

No, the plot was just one of those basic teen movie plots where the unpopular girl has the hots for the most popular boy in school (even though he has even less personality than that type of character normally has and WHY DO YOU EVEN LIKE HIM, GIRL?) and becomes popular (via magic in this case) so she can get him, leaving her unpopular friend behind until she realizes (kinda) that being popular isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Now add white rappers, song and dance numbers with scantily clad girls in a locker room singing about how they like boys, that weird little old lady from Poltergeist (who turns a frog into a man so she can gently caress him), the term "love slave" being used and no one being like, "uh, that's rape, wtf" and a teacher slut-shaming a student by holding up her birth control pills in front of the class and then being like "lol like you're ever gonna need these, nerd."

tl;dr:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

How much?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

No, the plot was just one of those basic teen movie plots where the unpopular girl has the hots for the most popular boy in school (even though he has even less personality than that type of character normally has and WHY DO YOU EVEN LIKE HIM, GIRL?) and becomes popular (via magic in this case) so she can get him, leaving her unpopular friend behind until she realizes (kinda) that being popular isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Now add white rappers, song and dance numbers with scantily clad girls in a locker room singing about how they like boys, that weird little old lady from Poltergeist (who turns a frog into a man so she can gently caress him), the term "love slave" being used and no one being like, "uh, that's rape, wtf" and a teacher slut-shaming a student by holding up her birth control pills in front of the class and then being like "lol like you're ever gonna need these, nerd."

Oh right I think I'm thinking of Hocus Pocus for the weird kids movie virginity plot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

No, the plot was just one of those basic teen movie plots where [awful poo poo]

This movie sounds incredible and I must watch it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No, the plot was just one of those basic teen movie plots...

Also she banishes her awful prom date. Just makes him disappear. He never comes back. You have to assume she killed him.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Also she banishes her awful prom date. Just makes him disappear. He never comes back. You have to assume she killed him.

And he's a nerd but the kind of nerd no one has ever heard of. He's got a pompadour, smokes weed and is sexually aggressive. He's a real party nerd.

Basically this is a movie that I have to assume was written by a 70 year-old foreign man who thinks he knows how American teens talk and act. If it was made later it might have had a character named Candy Girl who says "true dat" a lot.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Listen to WeHateMovies Teen Witch episode it is genius.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

thoughts and prayers posted:

Prisoner of Azkaban was awesome because Alfonso Cuarón

The rest, yeah, meh

lol if you think this is good movie making

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've tried WeHateMovies several times but they just aren't good. No idea why they seem to be the goon bad movie podcast of choice. They're dead last out of like four or five movie review podcasts I've tried.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

Listen to WeHateMovies Teen Witch episode it is genius.

Yeah, that's why I watched it to begin with. I've heard that episode a couple times so when the movie popped up on the channel guide I was like "oh hell yeah, I'm definitely going to start watching Teen Witch at 3 in the morning."

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

parallelodad posted:

I've tried WeHateMovies several times but they just aren't good. No idea why they seem to be the goon bad movie podcast of choice. They're dead last out of like four or five movie review podcasts I've tried.

I like how did this get made, what is your favorite?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's about even between hdtgm and the flophouse, but recently I've been very amused by Walk Out Boys, which is a couple New Zealand guys who walk out of every film halfway through and then take a guess at what happened after they left.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Only movie podcast worth a drat is Mark Kemode's Film Reviews

Everything else is uncultured yanks talking about the latest transformers movie "ironically"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've been watching that Tim Heidecker movie show on youtube even though it has nothing to do with movies most of the time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Only movie podcast worth a drat is Mark Kemode's Film Reviews

Everything else is uncultured yanks talking about the latest transformers movie "ironically"

You calling New Zealand Yanks? I'll yank a shank!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

a bone to pick posted:

I've been watching that Tim Heidecker movie show on youtube even though it has nothing to do with movies most of the time

I rate this post 5 popcorns and 3 1/2 sodas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"star destroyers...i'm gonna cuuuum" is the funnies tthing ever.

was rlm the only nerd folks that were right about rogue one? felt like i was taking crazy pills when everyone said it was good.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Groovelord Neato posted:

was rlm the only nerd folks that were right about rogue one? felt like i was taking crazy pills when everyone said it was good.

part of the lampooning RLM does about Rogue One is the obviously-paid-shill angle of it so yeah they are going to be one of the only things that call it out vs. everyone else that wants to suck it's dick because of exclusive screenings and merch and all that

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nerd Podcasts/youtube channels are unironically the worst garbage that I assume are sustained the same way 24 hour news channels are. By people just leaving them on and not watching them/doing something else while they are on in the background. All them are 100% positive about everything they think their target market might like. Its about as critical as a talk show host is to the person they've got on their show. They are all completely positive. I mean I like the movie but goddamn do they pretend its a completely flawless movie. The broke new ground poo poo is completely real.

Also to other new, I finally watched the The Mist thanks to Re:View and it is absolutely a fantastic movie and makes me more upset Thomas Jane didn't go on to more success. At least we get him in the Expanse.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
What are the best commentary tracks? I need something new to watch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Guillermo Del Toro's commentary on Blade 2.

e: and any commentary featuring John Carpenter and Kurt Russell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Carrot Top's commentary for The Rules of Attraction.

Legit it's great. He's never seen the movie before, they just saw him walking by and went "Hey, come record a commentary for this!" and he agreed and it's funny as gently caress.

E: Attraction, not Engagement, d'oh.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread