Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Who doesn't want to cultivate one's morality?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32916203237.html

Edit: spoilered for semi-naked mannequins.

There is no play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
Why mess around with little spoons when you can get rid of ear wax the adult way

[url]AU $9.15 29%OFF | Ear Wax Removal Tool Useful Earwax Cleaning Kit For Adult Children Ear Wax Cleaner Ears Washing Syringe Squeeze
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bI3bB5WY[/url]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beardcrumb posted:

Why mess around with little spoons when you can get rid of ear wax the adult way

[url]AU $9.15 29%OFF | Ear Wax Removal Tool Useful Earwax Cleaning Kit For Adult Children Ear Wax Cleaner Ears Washing Syringe Squeeze

:barf:

I have the Arnold reflex where if something is touching deep enough inside my ear canal, I can feel it in the back of my throat. Like there's no connection, it's just nerves misfiring, but it makes me cough & gag.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

I have the Arnold reflex where if something is touching deep enough inside my ear canal, I can feel it in the back of my throat. Like there's no connection, it's just nerves misfiring, but it makes me cough & gag.

This has a name?! Noone ever knew what I was talking about so I thought I was just crazy

Thank you, aliexpress thread

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ante posted:

Actually starting to suspect that the sustained earwax scooper chat is not ironic

:emptyquote:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ante posted:

Actually starting to suspect that the sustained earwax scooper chat is not ironic

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Welcome to the world of grooming, goons

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I've been enjoying the ear wax discussion. I have chronic wax build up from having tons of ear infections as a kid. If I don't clean gigantic globs out of my ears every 2 weeks I wake up with a clogged ear deaf and dizzy.
Thanks thread!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I just get really itchy ears from wearing earplugs at night so the idea of having a soft little scooper is nice.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Snowy posted:

Welcome to the world of grooming, goons

I say this without shaming anyone, but it sounds more like a "medical condition" situation, either as abnormal wax buildup (see eSporks' post) or a kind of OCD.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Your earbugs don't eat all the wax :confused:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

eSporks posted:

I've been enjoying the ear wax discussion. I have chronic wax build up from having tons of ear infections as a kid. If I don't clean gigantic globs out of my ears every 2 weeks I wake up with a clogged ear deaf and dizzy.
Thanks thread!

Yes, exactly the same. Also those kits with the carbamide peroxide and flush always hurt my eardrum more than they help, so I've moved on to picks and being very careful.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i wipe my rear end with a damp paper towel 3 times a day. welcome to the world of grooming :agesilaus:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Trabant posted:

I say this without shaming anyone, but it sounds more like a "medical condition" situation, either as abnormal wax buildup (see eSporks' post) or a kind of OCD.

I meant that more to the people getting their minds blown by ear cleaning

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's very common in SEA.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Snowy posted:

I meant that more to the people getting their minds blown by ear cleaning

They shouldn't be using compressed air.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dep...sAbTest=ae803_4

it appears to be a fake security camera that just maces people instead. i believe this is what busta rhymes was talking about with 'going flip mode on em'

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Beardcrumb posted:

I've had doctors in America use this on me. It literally permanently damaged my ears.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ear wax clears itself out naturally, only try to remove it manually if you have a medical condition effecting your ear canal, or you want to have one.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

How else are you going to make ear candles?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RandomFerret posted:

Ear wax clears itself out naturally, only try to remove it manually if you have a medical condition effecting your ear canal, or you want to have one.

Not always, I've had moments where I go practically deaf, and then low and behold there's a shitload of earwax in said ear.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't put your finger up your nose. Don't put clay shaping tools in your ear. Don't shove 50 neodymium magnets up your urethra.

Stop telling people how to live their lives!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RandomFerret posted:

Love to naturally degunk my earbuds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eSporks posted:

Thanks thread!

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but wouldn't this buildup be less gigantic if you cleaned it out more often?

If I don't swab my ears every day I feel unclean

RandomFerret posted:

Same with turds and dandruff I imagine, but I don't want flakes of dried wax falling out of my ears while I'm talking to people no matter how "natural" it is

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but wouldn't this buildup be less gigantic if you cleaned it out more often?
I guess, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to do. If I dont do it I am pretty much garunteed to wake up deaf once a month.
I guess I could do it more often? But 2 weeks is a schedule that I have found works.

FWIW, I've never found the scoopers to be effective. Water flushing in the only method that works for me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

goatface posted:

Don't put your finger up your nose. Don't put clay shaping tools in your ear. Don't shove 50 neodymium magnets up your urethra.

Stop telling people how to live their lives!

but aren't you doing this too?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Bloop posted:

Same with turds and dandruff I imagine, but I don't want flakes of dried wax falling out of my ears while I'm talking to people no matter how "natural" it is

You also should not manually remove turds from your rear end unless you have a medical condition or a hot date planned tonight.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Well that's in my internet history now.. :stonklol:

You can't run away if you want to

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes, exactly the same. Also those kits with the carbamide peroxide and flush always hurt my eardrum more than they help, so I've moved on to picks and being very careful.

This is exactly me too! I use sticks to great effect, if I don't my ears become completely clogged every two or three months because of chronic ear infections as a baby/young child.

I also have extensive hearing damage from going to punk concerts as a teenager then getting into firearms as an adult. My ear protection once fell out right as I was standing near a guy attempting a mad minute on an Enfield. Now I wear two layers of ear protection when I go shooting but I'm still going to lose my hearing before the age of fifty I'm sure.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 14, 2019

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Lol get along grundies.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I have Enrique purge my auditory canals of cerumen, properly, with the cap to a Bic ballpoint pen.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Busy Bee posted:

Have you guys ever returned something on Aliexpress or is it not worth it? I'm assuming that the seller will ask you to ship it back to China but for an item I paid $12 USD it's not even worth it at that point?
LOL, no. You'll have to cover your own return shipping costs which is be more than $12. If it is broken or "not as described" you can dispute for a refund or partial refund. If you just changed your mind you're SOL.

Shut up Meg posted:

That's not how this game is played

(Plus, your return shipping costs are probably going to be more than you paid for the entire thing, including delivery to you)
Agreed. If you want the option to return things you can often find the same or similar products on Amazon for like 20% more.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

gently caress this poo poo !

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
FWIW as a white guy, the metal ear spoon does jack poo poo for me and cotton swabs are the only effective method.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm the proud winner of some AliExpress coins. WTF are they for?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Guy Axlerod posted:

I'm the proud winner of some AliExpress coins. WTF are they for?

Throwing at your (least-)favourite sportspeople.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Yeah I was going to ask too, I've been growing trees but no idea what for, the "shop with coins" offerings are pretty uninspiring and often not really a deal. And the $0.01 section is always sold out, maybe a time zone thing?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A small clock for above my home PC to cut down on 'oh poo poo its 3am' gaming moments.

Its OK, easy to set, three brightness levels, temperature and date cycle if you want it, alarm ditto:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32876094666.html

of course as soon as I go back to the page to post this I see this in the 'Also' section:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32898580496.html

a few more quid but all the same functions and you can set the colour. Fucks sake, someone might be getting a small white LED clock for xmas :p

I got my second digi clock in the post; the plain white one will dim at night but the colour one doesn’t. However, the colour one will totally switch off the display until you make a noise, and then switch on for 10 seconds, makes it ideal for folks like me who need it pitch black to sleep but might wake up and wonder the time.

White clock is staying in the office, colour one is set to a nice vaporware purple and is set up in the bedroom.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

gently caress you thread. The ear wax chat infected my phone and showed me Instagram ad for an earwax endoscope. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat, who cares, you know you'll be dying one day and go through horrible medical treatments, but you can't handle this minor reality now, get over it.