Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

Conversely to the opinion above, I thought this event was pretty well designed and mostly fun. The variety of 40AP quests dropping over time helped keep the grinding somewhat interesting. It actually takes some effort to clear out the good stuff from the shop, so you should be a little selective. Plus, there was nothing as terribly unfun as trying to get a Halloween Princess drop.

I'm with you on this. I flatly don't believe you could have bought out the entire shop without a lot of apples/quartz spent or getting obscenely lucky but it's been fairly fun overall and, as long as you know what you want, fairly easy to focus and get what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm really glad that I have the knowledge that future events are less bad then this because if I didn't I think this event would have made me quit.

I was so unlucky with blue pot drops that I literally had to give up; it was caster day and I was still short on blue pots because I would almost always get more Honnoji points and other random stuff then drops. That was with Three After-Party Orders, it still didn't matter. I had to go farm on Black Pots just to try and get the rest of the ingredients, but I'm going to be spending a ton of apples on it because of how far behind I got due to how long it took me to farm the blue and brown pots. All the CEs being Gatcha Exclusive just made it even more painful. I think I'm going to get the full Nobu, and maybe a little past that, but I"m gonna miss the Lore, there's no way I'll manage to get all of the Claws or Hearts, and I'm leaving the babies, the Gears, and probably some of the Shoes.

It's incredibly frustrating.

The event gives you about 10 apples, which is more than enough to put a big dent in the shop.

e: the Thanksgiving event will also give you 8 Apples for just 16 Mana Prisms. Go hog wild.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gilles just dropped GUDAO twice in a row.

gently caress you, I didn't need any more :argh:

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Please share the GUDAO CEs with the rest of the class. I've not gotten a single one to drop this whole time for some reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally, rider exp cards. I can level up my drake and george and not pray that Gil hits my support too much now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only CE drops I've gotten have been Nobbus. Which is fine, I have not needed the extra point boosts.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

Their name is uh *checks friend requests*
Hoeslayer_XX

Of the Sheffield Hoeslayers?

Now that I'm over 1 million points and well on track to 1.5 I've just been using my real team frontline for the 40ap and so archers are getting appropriately toasted by level 90 vlad/kiyo. Funny how much easier the game is when I'm not stuck using underleveled servants I don't have synergy set up with :v:

Also, some reddit dude posted some grind math if you wanna try to prioritise.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Holy crap I can't believe I almost forgot to do the daily 1AP quest lol. Good thing I checked this thread, otherwise I would have gone to bed happy go lucky.

JP players, is it true that every lottery box gives you 40 4* ALL Exp Cards? Because that seems kind of too nuts, but that's what I've heard from browsing through reddit looking for Christmas shop material info.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
You are going to need every last one of those cards, and you're going to want more no matter how many boxes you grind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yup, the 1st Christmas event is absurdly generous with it's lottery.

Hence the common refrain of 'save apples for Christmas'

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's going to be hard to fight the urge to not level up most of my ascensions from GUDAGUDA and, well, I don't want to say because I know that just assures my failure.

So maybe a good idea to spend the 1/2 AP dailies going after pieces/monuments/mats rather than gold XP cards? I know I need like two Phoenix Plumes so I might as well set up shop in the Saber 30AP for a day.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm not going to have time to get the last 400k points to get the Lore AND also get 900 Nasus am I? :(

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

LornMarkus posted:

I'm with you on this. I flatly don't believe you could have bought out the entire shop without a lot of apples/quartz spent or getting obscenely lucky but it's been fairly fun overall and, as long as you know what you want, fairly easy to focus and get what you want.

Yeah, this event has been a definite help for me. I need loads of Claws and Hearts for my characters, so this was just what the doctor ordered. I'm not close to clearing out the other upgrade materials, but every one I get here is one less I have to grind for later on. And as a bonus the 40AP Caster fight gave me enough Snake Jewels to finally evolve Carmilla.

That said, I'm more or less at the point where I'm ready for this event to be over with so I can do other things.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm not going to have time to get the last 400k points to get the Lore AND also get 900 Nasus am I? :(

We've got three 1AP Heaven dailies left. They give 24k, 30k, and 40k Honnoji points respectively before bonuses, that is 94k, if you've got a +300% Bonus (easily done with support Okita, your own Nobu, and a few event servants/Gudao CEs) that is 94k*4=376k. You'll be fine. If you're really worried about points/bonus I've got my level 50 Okita equipped with an MLB'd Gudao for a +160% bonus by herself. I think you're already one my friend list, if not, list your friend code and I'll send an invite.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Hooray, the things I most wanted to clear out (hearts claws and shoes) I've finished with. Now I can focus on a few less important things like crystals and fous.

Also third ascended Boudica. No regrets.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks Avici :toot:

(I could probably lower that a turn or two if I put Atalante before support Okita, but I didn't expect things to break that easily.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What's the enemy comp for that stage?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

What's the enemy comp for that stage?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ugh. I guess I can burn some command skills

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

40 AP boss rush thing is up and i have 34 AP right now.

Any tips? Just bring my best Servants and...i dunno Jeanne? Waver? Just wing that sucker?

I was thinking Tamamo, Vlad, +(friend's)Waver.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Main thing is that drake will gladly double kill waver and Tama if you let her. I recommend bringing george and Leonidas - even if they're low level, they can tank a round.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also completely clearing out the shop is for ultra whales, you aren't expected to do that in most events

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I got lucky and drake just spammed NP power up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

Main thing is that drake will gladly double kill waver and Tama if you let her. I recommend bringing george and Leonidas - even if they're low level, they can tank a round.

Ah! Good plan, my Leonidas is level 1, but George sounds like a very good pick to bring.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So what's a good support if my plan is to tank hard and probably blow my command seals? A berserker of some sort?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

2 Zerkers + George, with priority on removing Mata Hari 1st.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

So what's a good support if my plan is to tank hard and probably blow my command seals? A berserker of some sort?

Either a strong ST damage dealer or a good wave-clearer would be ideal; I've been running Waver/Tamacat/Mash in my frontline and getting by pretty well by spamming Tamacat's NP as much as possible and tanking damage. The key targets to focus down in the wave phase are Mata Hari and Nobu, and then just making sure to keep the mega Nobbus alive as long as possible to prevent Okita from going wild with multiple actions per turn.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

remember that poster girl gives a 3 turn taunt, so if you grab someone like jeanne she acts like a free george for the beginning.

Of course this only matters if you have the damage to take advantage of the three free turns

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yeah my best berserker is a level 40 Kiyohime, but I can bring a 90 Herc for my support. Just buster chains for days.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

George did great with Poster Girl and then his own taunt after it wore off, then Jeanne (also with pg) stepped in once he finally fell. :toot:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Okita/Saber Alter/Waver did the trick, with Jeanne/Vlad/Gil as backup (though the first team lasted until Okita). Had to use a seal to charge Saber Alter's NP at one point and Nobu was pretty scary since I had two Sabers in my team at that point, but luckily Waver was able to stun/drain that particular wave.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Trip Report: Kiyo, George, Herc, Emiya, Benkei, and Nobunaga made it all the way to Okita before I had to blow my command seals. Then Kiyo and Herc unleashed a buster NP chain and Okita loving melted. Actually she survived with ~10k and used her dodge, so George got to pop Ascalon on a Nobu to prove what a good, indestructible boy he is.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Drake got pretty heavily trashed early on due to poster girl, I should've used Evade on her the first round or so to try to reduce the damage she'd take. Still I weathered through and Drake obliterated Gilles and Benkei and a Big Nobu with a Buster NP Brave Chain and then Nobu just hoovered up the stars next turn with Demonic King (level 8!) and obliterated Okita with her NP and Crits. Backup Robin was never even needed. No enemy got a NP off, in part thanks to Tamamo's Curse.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 21, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I accidentally brought my point farming team to the boss rush, whoops.

Still, they got me to Okita without having to burn seals. And then people started dying. :negative:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Avici isn’t too difficult to farm with a couple of good multi target NP servants and Waver. I’ve cleared it 5 times now with Drake + Waver + Support Salter/Emiya/Hercules. Only had once close call that came down to Benkei vs Waver.

With 3 Poster girls you pull in 62 tea things per run.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Herc + Lancelot + Waver + George + Support Archer can pretty reliably clear this. Guess this will do for finishing up Gumo farming.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Depending on what you have access to, Tamamo/Jeanne/whatever can mostly just zombie its way through Avici. Maybe toss a Berserker/Archer at the end of your back line to clean up Okita if needed.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?

"I can't die yet, I've got more doujins to acquire! LOL"

I love when the savior of the run is someone I throw in just because he was all that would fit in the Cost provided and fit my teamcomp.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Vive la France!