Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ask me what the secret is to a good joke.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/904041787345575936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Bullfrog posted:

what the gently caress

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
By the time Mueller finishes, Trump won't be mentally competent enough to stand trial. :v:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

every now and then i have to remind myself that this man is the president of the united states of america

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

FizFashizzle posted:

If it's one of Trump's jokes, the secret is probably to glance around before telling it, making sure there's no black people in the room who will say things like "Hey! That's OUR word!"

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I know this happened 400 years ago when our ancestors were laying the very first tubes for what would become the internet, but unsurprisingly the DOJ confirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump tower.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/904041394205057026

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Have the Trump people ever given indication yet of defunding Obama's big neuroscience initiative?

The one thing that Dr. Token convinces Donnie to save. during the 1 hour a day he isn't sleeping.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

farraday posted:

I know this happened 400 years ago when our ancestors were laying the very first tubes for what would become the internet, but unsurprisingly the DOJ confirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump tower.

Maybe Trump will fire Sessions over this.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

farraday posted:

Are you saying...the president lied to america? :saddowns:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also do the trade deals with S. Korea include/affect hardware prices?

Again I'm going to love how nerds on Reddite say they love paying 2000$ for ram and video cards.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Ventana posted:

Are you saying...the president lied to america? :saddowns:

It was a long time ago and records from that era are spotty, anyone could have been President at the time.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

farraday posted:

I know this is a running joke around here but holy poo poo that really feels like an eternity ago.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Nothus posted:

By the time Mueller finishes, Trump won't be mentally competent enough to stand trial. :v:

You think he is now?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

PhazonLink posted:

Also do the trade deals with S. Korea include/affect hardware prices?

Again I'm going to love how nerds on Reddite say they love paying 2000$ for ram and video cards.
Trump really wants those Samsung tariffs

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Hey thread, I've got a joke for you.
What did the head of staff say to the president? Good morning, President Trump.

I still can't really believe that this guy managed to get into the highest office.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Can Trump ever look like he's showing another human empathy in a photo?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bobjr posted:

Why would he? He doesnt' grasp the concept.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Why would he? He doesnt' grasp the concept.

Geddit grab em by the pussy and all that. You'd think he the narcissist would take advantage of the situation. Nah he's a bigoted moron.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

bobjr posted:

No. Even when he is trying to pose in a pensive or thoughtful or other humanoid manner, he looks mostly like a bored and disgruntled 4 year-old who was put in a chair in the corner as punishment, and that he'll secretly poo poo on your pillow for it when you're not watching him.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

Ahem...

Pages late but since I missed grandpa chat too, here's a suggestion. Except it'll only be worth $19.99 not $20:

why do we put pictures of people on money anyway? I assume to combat counterfeiting?

Money has value because we agree it does. If you want to make a coin worth more than the gold in it, you have to put the name and reputation of the king or caesar behind it to make up for all that tin you're mixing into your money.

Nowadays it's mostly tradition, as everyone has plenty of faith in money anyway.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

gently caress it.

Xae fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 2, 2017

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhh has yes, let's learn nothing from the last election. Even though America has a hard on for populism, we should definitely go with the nerdy corporate overlord.

Honestly, if the election is superficial, my vote is for Gavin Newsom. He is hot and charismatic. If we are talking about qualifications though, I'm on board with AL Franken, Duckworth or Harris.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

This speech airing right now is disgusting. He could have just put out a press release saying "Look how amazing we think we are!" and let Texas rebuild without dealing with his visit.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Mystic Mongol posted:

Money has value because we agree it does. If you want to make a coin worth more than the gold in it, you have to put the name and reputation of the king or caesar behind it to make up for all that tin you're mixing into your money.
By that logic, does it suggest that advocates of cryptocurrency have more faith in Math than they do in Kings or Presidents?

... If so, I think I accidentally talked myself into respecting Bitcoin. poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

hanales posted:

Catholicism is the largest religion by numbers in the US. something like 70m+ identify as catholic.

I know I'm super late here but I thought Protestants were the largest religious group still?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

farraday posted:

I actually genuinely forgot about this until I saw it mentioned in an article yesterday. The President of the United States accused his predecessor of illegally wiretapping him. And he completely made it up. And I forgot about it, even though it was only a few months ago. Because that's just what every loving day is like now.

Hope those Stein and Johnson voters are feeling reeeeal happy with their choice not to vote for the crook.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

:v: "What's the secret to a goo-"

:smug: "TIMING!"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Robot Hobo posted:

By that logic, does it suggest that advocates of cryptocurrency have more faith in Math than they do in Kings or Presidents?

... If so, I think I accidentally talked myself into respecting Bitcoin. poo poo.

Advocates of Bitcoin have more faith in the usd & narco/gun market than anything else

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Is this some hosed up way to get the two countries to unite, or is this some right wing isolationist ploy?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I know I'm super late here but I thought Protestants were the largest religious group still?

Keep in mind 90 percent of us don't go to church and we're drunk all the time.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FizFashizzle posted:

Keep in mind 90 percent of us don't go to church and we're drunk all the time.

True dat. *opens second drink*

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Protestants aren't counted as a single denomination.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Xae posted:

Just count them in with all the other religious sheep

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Speaking of religious sheeple...

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/01/tyler-perry-donates-250k-to-joel-osteen/

quote:

“I know that there’s been some controversy about Joel Osteen and him not opening doors of the church. Let me tell you something: Joel and Victoria are amazing people. There is no way they would lock people out of the church and not let people in for shelter,” he continued. “There were some safety concerns. I spoke to them on the phone, and it all made perfect sense to me so before you just run and judge somebody really quick, you need to know the whole circumstances …

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Fred Slacktivist Clark has been beating this drum for probably more than a decade now

He does a drat good job of it too.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Xae posted:

So... Not to be taken at face value, then? :v:

e: I mean, sound advice, certainly for the televangelist crowd.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Regardless of denomination etc, if you believe in prosperity gospel you are a class A shithead.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ToluseO/status/904034508307140608

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
So, are we currently 9 days away from President Donald Trump giving some kind of speech/rally in memory of 9/11? It feels like a thing he'd want to do. In his mind, he's got to be thinking it's a great way to get people to rally behind him (hey, he saw it work for Bush) and also a great platform for stirring up a fresh batch of the anti-muslim sentiment he loves.

Ammanas posted:

Advocates of Bitcoin have more faith in the usd & narco/gun market than anything else
Oh good. Thanks for saving me from myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rinkles posted:

I think he no longer owns it.
Just for the record, Jared Kushner doesn't own the New York Observer anymore in the sense that he put the ownership of the Observer into a family trust earlier this year, and his brother-in-law is now the publisher/CEO. The editor in chief since 2013 when Kushner installed him has been the guy who ran Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012. So he doesn't own/run the Observer in the same way that Bannon had nothing to do with Breitbart and Trump has nothing to do with his golf clubs/hotels.

• Locked thread