Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

CODChimera posted:

I haven't watched since the time skip. What's the general consensus so far?

:shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that Dog has a pet Daryl

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

Neanderthals were definitely not smarter than humans. They didn't have better tools either.

yeah when he went into that spiel I was like uh this is completely incorrect though?

that was one of the worst episodes I've seen in a little while though, phreow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re worried about the show being bad, you can rest assured: the 2nd half of this season is going to be much worse. Much, much worse. And if the actual season finale is what I think it is, then the series is fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think there was one scientist that found neanderthals were better at honing and perfecting tools but cromags were the ones that created them

But yeah it was probably the writers' dumbness bleeding through

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you’re worried about the show being bad, you can rest assured: the 2nd half of this season is going to be much worse. Much, much worse. And if the actual season finale is what I think it is, then the series is fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

:justpost:

With spoiler tags I guess

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

:justpost:

With spoiler tags I guess

Mostly speculation from what they’ve shown + what few spoilers I read + been an on-going comic book reader:

Next week will be the proper introduction of the whisperers. They’re going to kill someone at the end (preview showing the sweet looking fight) by having a zombie suddenly block an attack and stabbing someone back, just like they did in the comics. If I recall from spoilers I read forever ago, I think it’s Jesus that will die.

However, the finale (given the pace so far) is probably going to be the fair Jesus mentioned. In the comics there’s two things occurring at once. The first is the leader of Whisperers, Alpha (who’s already been cast), meeting with Rick. The meeting serves two purposes, one to acknowledge their existence and to warn Rick that they can no longer go past their boundary. To back up this threat Alpha shows Rick a giant (and I mean giant) herd the Whisperers have. The preview for next week already show how the Whisperers are guiding herds and this is the culmination of their work. Mess with the whisperers and they point the giant herd to you. The second thing that’s occurring is the fair. Except what we see of the fair is a bunch of conversations of people asking if they’ve seen X and Y. A bunch of people are seemingly missing but no one is connecting the dots since the fair has everyone gathered after a long time. So the issue comes to a close with Rick leaving the Whisperers and running into the previously mentioned boundary: a fence of spikes with the severed heads of everyone missing. Rosita and Ezekiel are two of the big ones that bite it in the the comic.

Carl and Rick play big parts in the comics so obviously poo poo’s going to change but them mentioning the fair tells me they’re 100% going for the fence finale. Henry is already taking over Carl’s storyline by becoming an apprentice smithy. I expect him to be even more prominent once they introduce Alpha’s daughter. Aaron now looks like Rick post savior war (beard, one arm) so maybe he’s going to step up as leader and help fight the Whisperers?

In the comics the communities were never as divided / antagonistic towards one another. Either way the fence is what unites everyone against the Whisperers and what ultimately leads to Negan “escaping” and starting his redemption. JDM is still on-board the show so they’re probably going to rush into this (maybe even this 2nd half of the season) since they keep killing their biggest character for no loving reason

EDIT: If for any reason you’re curious about where we are in the comics: Issues #132-#133 should be what next week covers. And the finale will most likely be #144

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 19, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

whole lotta jazz

Oh dang it's been a minute since I recalled all that

Can't wait to see how bad it turns out :allears:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

At least Rick lives on in beard form.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

At least Rick lives on in beard form.

Walking Dead Highlander rules apply.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It really is as lame as I hoped :allears:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

precision posted:

I'm glad Daryl took the Dog perk in his skill tree

TWD get's a point for using a Belgian Malliois for Dog. I have one and they are objectively the best dog. Very smart, fiercely loyal, and super athletic.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wow, they got the wrong hand. Whatta buncha noobs.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Walking dead forgot to turn on their monitor and got the sides mixed up

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

hahaha that's amazing

the choreography for Aaron and Jesus's fight was sooooo bad. just, so bad!

also, getting tackled off of a horse is not a trivial loving injury, but i definitely thought it was funny as gently caress

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Carl and Rick play big parts in the comics so obviously poo poo’s going to change but them mentioning the fair tells me they’re 100% going for the fence finale.

There is no way it will be as effective, because the way the comic framed it was starting with the nobodies no one cared about and then moving up the hierarchy of reveals to Rosita and then Ezekiel. It's like a loving blueprint of how to shoot it for TV, but since people have contracts and no one dies unless they are Carl or they want to leave the show, it'll be people no one gives a poo poo about.

I legit had to put the book down after the fence for a bit.

Also, did Siddiq have an accent last season that he dropped?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

[/spoiler]

There is no way it will be as effective, because the way the comic framed it was starting with the nobodies no one cared about and then moving up the hierarchy of reveals to Rosita and then Ezekiel. It's like a loving blueprint of how to shoot it for TV, but since people have contracts and no one dies unless they are Carl or they want to leave the show, it'll be people no one gives a poo poo about.

I legit had to put the book down after the fence for a bit.

Also, did Siddiq have an accent last season that he dropped?

i dunno, they kind of have been telegraphing either Zeke/Carol's demise pretty hard, don't you think? we might have at least one "main" character get piked :shrug:

i would not mind "i'm a main character but really not?" Rosita getting got

it better not be Eugene though :argh:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Eugene sucks and his character arc sucks and if he were a real person they would have merc'd his traitorous rear end 6 years ago.

Change my mind.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Eugene sucks and his character arc sucks and if he were a real person they would have merc'd his traitorous rear end 6 years ago.

Change my mind.

Now that Abraham is gone, Eugene is the only one that uses amusing words sometimes.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Change my mind.

He's probably the smartest person in all 3 settlements and has the actual ability to learn new things from books. In the comics at least, they make him out to be the most important person in the camps. Though of course he never has the traitorous streak there

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yeah, we are so far divorced from the source material that I don't think it can be relied upon for judgements about the show's characters. :shrug:

Show-gene is also a creepster, in addition to a traitor, and gleefully took to his new role as a supervisor in a death camp right up until the moment Daryl and Rosita found his rear end, Argentina-style, at which point he poo poo his pants like a little bitch and collapsed on the ground in abject terror.

"I left him behind?" His rear end should have been killed with Captain Vane, who was a far more interesting character because the actor hasn't been jaded into phoning it in by years on this show. I'm actually glad, in retrospect, that Stephen Ogg gtfo when he did...

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Eugene is the only good and consistent character on the show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Counterpoint: Eugene is the only character on this show that isn’t a permanently-scowling bore

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Okay, I laughed at Siddiq secretly pocketing the recorder.

Flying tackle off a horse, wtf.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The most absurd thing in that episode is the notion that Jesus would have been able to move his arms well enough to fight in that leather duster

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yeah, we are so far divorced from the source material that I don't think it can be relied upon for judgements about the show's characters. :shrug:

It's not even that it's far from source, but rather that it's executed so poorly on the show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Welp, out of Daryl, Aaron and Jesus, who's the most expendable? Because they'll probably be the obligatory 'shocking MSF death'

E: was that C. Thomas Howell at the Hilltop?!

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 19, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aaron is new Rick and Daryl is Daryl so nice knowing you, Jesus.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

LadyPictureShow posted:

Welp, out of Daryl, Aaron and Jesus, who's the most expendable? Because they'll probably be the obligatory 'shocking MSF death'

E: was that C. Thomas Howell at the Hilltop?!

Darl will never get killed and Aaron is the stock gay guy so they have no choice but to kill Enid.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They wouldn't bother giving Aaron that stupid fake arm only to kill him and Daryl is plot armored especially since we now have even more ambiguous flirting between him and Carol so yah RIP Jesus

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
LOL if you think they will kill Jesus. It'll just be Rosita and a bunch of nobodies

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus takes off the duster which is basically like heracles dropping the hide of the nemean lion

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

LOL if you think they will kill Jesus. It'll just be Rosita and a bunch of nobodies

yeah but if you noticed they put Rosita in a NEW skimpy outfit, so she's safe for the foreseeable future

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ezekiel must die so Carol can be with Daryl

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it's going to be ezekiel, rosita, enid, jesus

setting up the walking dead main characters in season 10 against the whisperers carol, gabriel, daryl, aron, negan, and siddiq :>

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Man, these TEASER BREAKDOWN HOTTEST TIPS HERE and EPISODE X PREDICTIONS and SPOOKY ZOMBIES EXPLAINED vids are like a plague on youtube.

They all suck and there is exponentially more of them clogging up the 'tube every week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish they would just kill Gabriel already

His character is stupid and the actor has a zero in charisma

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

precision posted:

I wish they would just kill Gabriel first

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"This preacher fucks"

If they just replaced Gabriel's actor with Dominic Cooper all would be forgiven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

precision posted:

I wish they would just kill Gabriel already

His character is stupid and the actor has a zero in charisma

Yeah, but he was in The Wire so he's better than anything this show deserves...