Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

LadyPictureShow posted:

Since the convo before Carol dropped the match was basically
'this stuff you have belonged to people that went out and never came back'
'C'mon lady, we just found it.'

I'm wondering if the 'big twist' would be the missing people were offed by the 'zombies' and the supplies were later found by the Saviors.

No, that's definitely it... :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

which makes no sense cause why wouldn't the whisperers take their poo poo but this is more thought than the writers have ever had in their lives so :shrug:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Since they get by from blending in with zombies, I'm guessing they might leave stuff they don't need behind, like flashlights or sleeping bags.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

can't wait to see how TWD explains The Whisperers, when fuckin Gabriel lost his sight from just getting a drop of zombie goo in his eyes

:allears:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
even if the saviors weren't robbing people this whole time they still loving sucked in the past and immediately right now

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Johnny Truant posted:

can't wait to see how TWD explains The Whisperers, when fuckin Gabriel lost his sight from just getting a drop of zombie goo in his eyes

:allears:

They really need to just forget that whole thing because it still doesn't make sense in the context of all the rest of the show.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Taear posted:

They really need to just forget that whole thing because it still doesn't make sense in the context of all the rest of the show.

That specific zombie had like glaucoma or something.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

They cut big enough eye holes, duh!

Real answer: the skin is probably tanned like leather or something.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

even if the saviors weren't robbing people this whole time they still loving sucked in the past and immediately right now
Yep

Which is why the whole "on no I shouldn't have killed them" thing is going to be so lame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wasn't kidding, Carol did nothing wrong. Those guys were assholes and by mad max rules it is always okay to kill assholes because they're a net detriment to rebuilding society. Same reason Negan should be killed, doubly so since he actually wanted to be killed.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Who even were the saviours who got killed? I can only recognize pompadour lady and the bearded hobo from moist turtleneck's gif. Did these guys even have names in the show?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I maintain that Negan's system resulted in far fewer deaths than the Rick crew's. Carol alone has probably racked up a bigger body count than everyone Negan killed.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gortarius posted:

Who even were the saviours who got killed? I can only recognize pompadour lady and the bearded hobo from moist turtleneck's gif. Did these guys even have names in the show?

They were beloved fan-favorites unnamed savior 15-23.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There's some tough competition for the top fragger of the show.

On one hand you have Carol who likes to burn people alive, has a mega man buster cannon and very quickly recovers from the "killing good? killing bad?" mood swings. Then you have Rick who is no stranger to murder but also who's lovely plans have gotten people killed by the hundreds at this point.

Darl and Michonne are masters of dual wielding and ninja tricks but rarely use their anime powers to rack up their killcounts, rather they only use it to deus ex machina people out of trouble and mostly against zombies.

Morgan is a serial killer but I think he still loses to everyone mentioned before because the pacifism brainwashing by cheese sensei.

By the way, what do Georgia winters look like? They've conveniently always skipped any and all winter periods, like they don't even mention them, ever.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gortarius posted:

On one hand you have Carol who likes to burn people alive, has a mega man buster cannon and very quickly recovers from the "killing good? killing bad?" mood swings. Then you have Rick who is no stranger to murder but also who's lovely plans have gotten people killed by the hundreds at this point.

Darl and Michonne are masters of dual wielding and ninja tricks but rarely use their anime powers to rack up their killcounts, rather they only use it to deus ex machina people out of trouble and mostly against zombies.

Morgan is a serial killer but I think he still loses to everyone mentioned before because the pacifism brainwashing by cheese sensei.

By the way, what do Georgia winters look like? They've conveniently always skipped any and all winter periods, like they don't even mention them, ever.

Snow is irregular but it certainly drops below freezing sometimes, which would affect zombies (and survival)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rick would grow beards and wear a denim coat sometimes in the winter, like when he Claimed that dude's jugular

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/onl6kyK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/FiFzMq1.gifv

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

Well she could have had Henry watch her burn alive a group of sleeping people who had let them go.
It would be a fine lesson for the young man.

What I meant was, Carol is supposedly training and teaching Henry. She tried to tell him not to fight, and let it go when confronted by overwhelming numbers. But then she doesn't include him in the real lesson of how to be a ninja with a gas can.
That's what he needs to know, not just stick fighting.

Taear posted:

The concept of the Whisperers doesn't bother me; it's not even close to the strange happenings on Z Nation. But my confidence in the TWD writers is pretty much shattered.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but z Nation males sense

Zombie grrm is peak tv

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

On one hand you have Carol who likes to burn people alive, has a mega man buster cannon and very quickly recovers from the "killing good? killing bad?" mood swings.

She spent like two seasons holed in a cabin trying to be a pacifist that nobody at all wanted.

The funny thing is you are still right because that measured in 'real time' to about a week and a half.

ED: Also it's not even close. Carol is uncontested top fragger. She can solo entire settlements. Carol is the destroyer of worlds and is one of the only characters left I actively would be annoyed if they killed because she's way more unique than the others.

precision posted:

I wasn't kidding, Carol did nothing wrong. Those guys were assholes and by mad max rules it is always okay to kill assholes because they're a net detriment to rebuilding society. Same reason Negan should be killed, doubly so since he actually wanted to be killed.

If Carol pulled a Sasha in that episode, she'd killed every single person in Negan's compound and brought Rick his head.

ED: Ugh. I'll have to admit Gimpleless TWD is still infinitely better than Gimple TWD. People somewhat act like people now. Too bad they had to ruin Fear for this.

Gortarius posted:

Did anyone find one piece of continuity absolutely hilarious when Maggie commented they 'don't have a blacksmith right now'?

Because that random Hilltop dude Simon shot was the blacksmith. It seemed like this thread was the only place that noticed this, and even then, thanks to a wiki. I just laughed, "Someone on the show actually paid attention to that?"

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 17, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Binary Logic posted:

The concept of the Whisperers doesn't bother me; it's not even close to the strange happenings on Z Nation. But my confidence in the TWD writers is pretty much shattered.

That's not what I was replying about.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Blazing Ownager posted:

She spent like two seasons holed in a cabin trying to be a pacifist that nobody at all wanted.

The funny thing is you are still right because that measured in 'real time' to about a week and a half.

ED: Also it's not even close. Carol is uncontested top fragger. She can solo entire settlements. Carol is the destroyer of worlds.

Friendly reminder that the cannon timeline has less than 24 days between Glen's death at the end of season 5 and Carl's death at the end of season 8 and the entire ~ALL OUT WAR~ and three season's worth of :turianass: content :turianass: happens within those three weeks.

Like, Negan really took a liking to Rick and Carl for knowing them less than a month.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This show sucks but wow there are a lot.of people finding flaws with like 6 seconds of screentime

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Khablam posted:

I try to remember it's the same basic cable audience that have watched 16 seasons of NCIS.
Perhaps we're the idiots here for expecting more.

EXCUSE ME

NCIS produced the best scene in TV history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

Gortarius posted:

The last cheesy good thing I remember from TWD before I stopped watching is Carol shooting the little creepy girl who was obsessed with zombies and then Carol loving ramboing the whole cannibal place with a firework rocket after all the other major badasses got duped.

Then every now and then I keep hearing good things like Carol threatening a kid to tie him to a tree outside and let the zombies eat him, and now the immolation thing.

It almost makes me want to watch the show again.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 17, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Best lol still was the car chase where a 50 cal ricocheted off the grill and windshield of a jeep without so much as nicking the paint

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SocketWrench posted:

Best lol still was the car chase where a 50 cal ricocheted off the grill and windshield of a jeep without so much as nicking the paint

I watched an episode of Magnum the other day and he was getting shot at by two guys with AR's and he was driving a bulletproof fibreglass ferrari

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

TWD's bullet CGI is legitimately the most confusing thing I've seen in a major TV show.
They don't even mock up local illumination, so in any dusky scene its just these little yellow triangles appearing over the top of the scene.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Who's ready for some dumb rear end Whisperers poo poo tonight :woop:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

galagazombie posted:

How do they sleep? You can't just sit down and start snoring in the middle of a zombie horde.

They slowly fall back from the herd and go to a camp with tents and campfires. It does make a little sense; because they can control the direction of the herd, they can circle back to it. The only unexplained issue is what they do with the herd once they leave it, as in how would they find it again in the morning, or do they tie them up overnight

Johnny Truant posted:

which makes no sense cause why wouldn't the whisperers take their poo poo but this is more thought than the writers have ever had in their lives so :shrug:

Raiding the communities they demolish for supplies was one of their things in the comics, at least

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 19, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can snakes climb trees?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I don't know who managed to drop a shipping crate on some zombies but props to them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aw hell yeah they’re starting to telegraph the season finale it’s going to own how bad it will be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They get mail from maggie lmao

Carol shaving Daryl lmao

Jesus and one arm man fighting lmao

This fukken show

At least they used a really good song on the record player

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god the new goon and his collection of instruments lmao

This owns in how bad it is

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Dog!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenzarin posted:

Can snakes climb trees?

Very quickly. But not all snakes are good at it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I'm glad Daryl took the Dog perk in his skill tree

Also him and Carol totally banged

Though I feel like him being so happy to see Aaron was blatantly baiting the Gay Daryl Theory

And lmao slingshots

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Oh man I just remembered the music teacher guy was the main character in Balls of Fury and I feel like a splinter has been taken out of my brain.
:sweatdrop:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Neanderthals were definitely not smarter than humans. They didn't have better tools either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I haven't watched since the time skip. What's the general consensus so far?