Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Do you guys think it's Uber/Shaper viable?

Absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That build's single target is probably total rear end. I'm sure it's a blast for clearing yellow maps, but any situation with a high HP mob and nothing to explode around him your damage will drop off a cliff. Plus things that are immune to freeze.

They're patching right now and it's migrating characters from Essence to Standard. I'm probably gonna retool my ED Trickster as LL and see where I can go with it.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Nah he was relying on worm flasks to kill rares and bosses which means there's no way you can reasonably do Shaper with it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

That build's single target is probably total rear end. I'm sure it's a blast for clearing yellow maps, but any situation with a high HP mob and nothing to explode around him your damage will drop off a cliff. Plus things that are immune to freeze.

They're patching right now and it's migrating characters from Essence to Standard. I'm probably gonna retool my ED Trickster as LL and see where I can go with it.

Gotta do cospri discharge while i can.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
New map mods and some changes:

-%Max Res values reduced (yay)
Blood Magic gone
Power/Endurance/Frenzy charges gone
Smothering no longer affects mana

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

New map mods and some changes:

-%Max Res values reduced (yay)
Blood Magic gone
Power/Endurance/Frenzy charges gone
Smothering no longer affects mana

While no blood magic and hexproof maps are good things, :lol: at the the block/dodge chance, AOE, and chance to poison/bleed mods.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ahahaha, they added -flask, -curse, -movespeed reduction to mobs, poison avoidance chance, added mandatory point blank mod, and -area effect

Delicious.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
we're making it easier to level masters up in 2.5.0. It is now 30% easier to reach level 8 from 7, 20% easier to reach level 7 from 6 and 10% easier to reach level 6 from 5

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not a fan of keeping elemental status immunity maps and curse immune and having map mods weaken armor and evasion.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Vasudus posted:

You're effectively trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Contagion isn't hard to cast nor keep up, once per pack is all you need. I have mine in a 4L, with increased AoE, increased duration, and faster casting. Putting a curse on your channel is largely a bad idea since 1) just use blasphemy since you'll have the spare mana, and 2) contagion/ED spreads like wildfire and will quickly get out of your channel area anyway. Finally you would be standing still channeling an ability for not much return at all, when one of ED's greatest defensive boosts is the ability to fire and forget.

The idea with using Wither is that you actually have the ability to do something to increase DPS when fighting bosses other than casting ED once every 10 seconds. Linking Wither to Contagion actually casts Contagion faster too, it casts in 0.55s of channeling at gem level 20 rather than the normal 0.85s cast time.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I791dJZ96_Q

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

The idea with using Wither is that you actually have the ability to do something to increase DPS when fighting bosses other than casting ED once every 10 seconds. Linking Wither to Contagion actually casts Contagion faster too, it casts in 0.55s of channeling at gem level 20 rather than the normal 0.85s cast time.

Contagion doesn't stack, you cast it once every however many seconds on bosses and you're done. Wither is best left to a totem.

Blight is your only real damage booster option as ED and it's apparently laffo damage so maybe in 2.5.0 they'll boost the damage?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So did they just throw something blindly at a dartboard when figuring out what the base damage values for these mechanics should be? I could see starting them all conservatively then buffing them semi-quickly if they don't work out but it seems like they didn't do anything of the sort at all.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

J posted:

Someone in the reddit thread replies posted this, don't know where he got it though and could well be fake.

What it actually is

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Contagion doesn't stack, you cast it once every however many seconds on bosses and you're done. Wither is best left to a totem.

Blight is your only real damage booster option as ED and it's apparently laffo damage so maybe in 2.5.0 they'll boost the damage?

I know Contagion doesn't stack, but you just said you linked Contagion to Faster Casting to cast it faster. Well, the Cast While Channeling gem triggers Contagion after 0.55 sec of channeling. That casts Contagion faster than just casting it normally with Faster Casting linked to it. You basically get the Faster Casting gem for free.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jusupov posted:

What it actually is

Ugh, the unupgraded version is better. I hate losing charge mechanics.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 29, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jusupov posted:

What it actually is

Two of these, volls devotion barrage coc discharge.

Bleh.

e: wait no, incinerate, cast while channeling discharge. Volls devotion and romira's ring. Even that is just better using a void battery in place of this wand i think.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 29, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I'm probably gonna retool my ED Trickster as LL and see where I can go with it.

update: I spent 1350 chromatics and didn't get GGGRBB and quit in disgust

vorici calculator is full of lies

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If I want to do an ignite-spreading Elementalist, what's my best skill option? Flame Blast?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Ugh, the unupgraded version is better. I hate losing charge mechanics.

I don't mind them when they're good but 'lose all your X charges for one Y charge' seems real bad. Real bad OP.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So what happens if you have 0 max power charges? I'm guessing nothing by itself since it specifies on reaching, not while at.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

boho posted:

If I want to do an ignite-spreading Elementalist, what's my best skill option? Flame Blast?
Flameblast is excellent. I'm planning on doing another Vortex character for Breach, using Pyre instead of Hrimburn this time. Flameblast does more raw damage with the hit, but my experience with Vortex igniting had it clearing yellow map bosses in a single ignite, so I'm gonna run that again. It'll be especially nice to not have to use the prolif gem for clearing packs and switching for bosses (though I might just use Inc AoE and Conc Effect as switches anyway).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

boho posted:

Flameblast, Vortex, Explosive Arrow are the usual suspects.

Insurrectionist posted:

I don't mind them when they're good but 'lose all your X charges for one Y charge' seems real bad. Real bad OP.

This is at least the second time they've made such a unique (there's a shield as well that I cant remember the name of). It makes me think there's some kind of snowflake build we haven't thought of.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was looking at that new unique bow: Xoph's Inception. Built-in ignite proliferation and damage conversion so you can go pure fire damage with just a Burning Arrow gem (or go Avatar of Fire and use a different skill like Frenzy or Tornado Shot).

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TheRat posted:

Flameblast, Vortex, Explosive Arrow are the usual suspects.

This is at least the second time they've made such a unique (there's a shield as well that I cant remember the name of). It makes me think there's some kind of snowflake build we haven't thought of.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Loop

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Breach challenges ahoy

Also updated the UI to show more progress bars on challenges.

Glad to see the Divination Card challenge is less stupid, even if I probably won't finish it.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Hey, whaddaya know, the two have a lot of synergy.
If you had 11 power charges, the long-term and wildly inconsistent effect of the two is:
+30% spell damage
+33% cold damage (minimum, at 3 frenzy charges)
+75-125 cold damage to spells
Average of 5 power charges
Constant maxed Frenzy charges

Which... Isn't worth both hands at all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Breach challenges ahoy

Glad to see the Divination Card challenge is less stupid, even if I probably won't finish it.

I can see myself doing 37 of these pretty easily. Endgame grind, Shaper, and corrupt jewels will probably be a motherfucker.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I've had some major build apathy, or maybe just build overload, going into the new league this week. I am thinking a flame totem build because I've never done a totem build before and it looks fun and cheap. I would end up adapting this to something similar but without dumping ex into insanely high end gear. Most builds I usually gently caress up bandits and just keep going anyway.

Or I was thinking I would do a tornado shot/barrage archer because I've never really done a bow build. And it seems cheapish.

Anyone have experience or input on builds like this? I am sure I could make either work. But if someone actually know what the gently caress they're doing I would appreciate any feedback.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 29, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

Breach challenges ahoy

10,000 tiers of maps is the equivalent of 666 T15 maps.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bugsy posted:

10,000 tiers of maps is the equivalent of 666 T15 maps.

Act 5 boss Satan confirmed

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Act 5 boss Satan confirmed

That girl I don't trust her could she be Diablo?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Perandus for zana again

Vasudus posted:

I can see myself doing 37 of these pretty easily. Endgame grind, Shaper, and corrupt jewels will probably be a motherfucker.

Unique chests, double tormented will be fun

For the divination cards one the 10 cards one has 5 choices with the immortal and last one standing being two of them. Not as fun as 11 though with level 4 enhance, level 4 empower, level 4 enlighten, 6L body armour and headhunter being in the cards. Cheapest one of them will cost quite a bit to complete. Wish they'd add 13 stack cards and make the total be 10 or 11

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 29, 2016

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Anyone else sad we aren't getting the demon gloves? I don't need more footprints...

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Is there a list somewhere of the super-expensive divination cards that you should pick up?

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

peak debt posted:

Is there a list somewhere of the super-expensive divination cards that you should pick up?

http://poe.ninja/standard/divinationcards

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Jusupov posted:

Perandus for zana again
Yaaas. :rip: all my chaos.

modernlifeisadam
Dec 29, 2006

theshim posted:

Flameblast is excellent. I'm planning on doing another Vortex character for Breach, using Pyre instead of Hrimburn this time. Flameblast does more raw damage with the hit, but my experience with Vortex igniting had it clearing yellow map bosses in a single ignite, so I'm gonna run that again. It'll be especially nice to not have to use the prolif gem for clearing packs and switching for bosses (though I might just use Inc AoE and Conc Effect as switches anyway).

Yeah Vortex pyre is insanity, I one hit every pack levelling, period. I'd say it's way better than Flameblast, you literally don't need more damage than Vortex in my experience, the ignites get to like 20-30k pretty easily.

I got a Cospris Malice in Week 2 last league don't think this league will be so lucky, probably going to do a WoE slayer or something this league, I haven't done melee phys in years.

modernlifeisadam fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
melee EleGiggle phys LUL in 2016 4Head

• Locked thread