Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

counterfeitsaint posted:

Whoever invented mid credit scenes should be put in jail. Six is loving ridiculous.
They aren't that long and make you see who made the movie; plus its not like I had anything else to do at 11:00 pm when the movie ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The people hanging out waiting for the extra scenes are not reading the names in the credits.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

There was one with Stan Lee and the Watchers again, and then one where Starlord tries to get teenage Groot to clean his room. I don't remember the other ones.

These are things I know! :downs:

actually I don't know any of this poo poo, the only Marvel comic I've ever read was Marvels which could make a good movie

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
PRE REC TIP COMMENT OF THE DAY:

How do I get lady friend to touch ding dong? Please help.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Space Taxi posted:

You can't :smith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

The people hanging out waiting for the extra scenes are not reading the names in the credits.

poo poo, even if I read them, am I going to remember any non-cast member's name? There's loving 20,000 names.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

they actually trick you into doing that by having some names replaced by I AM GROOT as they scroll down until they turn into the actual job title and name.

naem
May 29, 2011

Has anyone watched "American gods" yet? I'm a big fan of the book and I can't figure out how to navigate fuckin' STARZ©™®™© to buy an episode

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

china is ruining goddamn movies. i think terminator genesys almost broke even thanks to that godforsaken hellscape.

To remind everybody, Hollywood makes much less per ticket sale in China than America or Europe, so a film that flops stateside would have to absolutely and totally tear things up in the box office in China to overcome poor domestic figures and be deemed a success. The only film that might have done that was that lousy Warcraft movie.

In Hollywood's weird world GiTS making 164 million dollars on 110 million dollar budget is a painful flop and I guarantee that will kill the Franchise right there, apparently its under-performing what they predicted in China anyway. To put things in perspective Fury Road and Star Trek Into Darkness both earned more than double their 150+ million doller budgets and were considered disappointments by their studios.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
This guy doesn't really talk movies but his channel is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

naem posted:

Has anyone watched "American gods" yet? I'm a big fan of the book and I can't figure out how to navigate fuckin' STARZ©™®™© to buy an episode

First episode was a strong start, captures the Kafka-esque nature of Shadow's world very well.

Kafka-esque

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

naem posted:

Really good the casting is perfect and the stuff they updated (ie Technical Boy's look) was smart.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Space Taxi posted:

Play it off as a joke. "Haha, you know what would be hilarious?"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

vermin posted:

Play it off as a joke. "Haha, you know what would be hilarious?"

This isn't funny I've been tricked into touching a ton of dicks this way and its never been hilarious in fact people called me a ladyboy for six years and threw things at me when I walked on the sidewalk.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
New HitB up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTYjD606cWM

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They liked it. The hack frauds liked it!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Well I have egg on my face since Mike actually enjoyed it; he's been slowly getting burned out on these marvel movies and seemingly hopes that the Disney machine/bubble bursts.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Wow, that Ghost in the Shell adaptation was easily forgotten, these hack frauds didn't even take notice.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I loving hate the Marvel Movies but I liked this movie a lot for the reasons they mentioned in the video. Characters get arcs, the villain is interesting, etc.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Guardians 2 was okay, honestly prefer first one.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Sometimes I feel like I am missing a cultural movement because the only Marvel movies I've seen are Iron Man (because I was on a plane and bored) and Captain America 1 and The Avengers 1 (because my employer booked the theater as a morale event.) I barely remember anything about them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

monster on a stick posted:

Sometimes I feel like I am missing a cultural movement because the only Marvel movies I've seen are Iron Man (because I was on a plane and bored) and Captain America 1 and The Avengers 1 (because my employer booked the theater as a morale event.) I barely remember anything about them.

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the two best Marvel movies.

Everybody said Captain America 2 was the best one, but I don't remember much about it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is very fun, could have used a tighter script. But it was super colorful which was really enjoyable compared how badly colored so many movies are these days.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Shove it down her face
Shove it down her face
Shove it down her face

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the two best Marvel movies.

Everybody said Captain America 2 was the best one, but I don't remember much about it.

A lot of people said CA2 was like a '70s conspiracy movie which sounded good as a big fan of The Conversation but then I could re-watch Capricorn One or something instead.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Cap 2 definitely gave me a bond movie vibe that I liked, and I consider that and GotG 1 the best marvel movies, I haven't seen 2 yet though

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

HIJK posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is very fun, could have used a tighter script. But it was super colorful which was really enjoyable compared how badly colored so many movies are these days.

Saw it this morning in ~*XD*~ and yeah, very vibrant. I had a good time, I agree that both of these movies are the best Marvel movies (by a wide margin).

naem
May 29, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Really good the casting is perfect and the stuff they updated (ie Technical Boy's look) was smart.

It's REALLY good. Wow

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Speaking of American Gods, Neil Gaiman is a hack fraud who hasn't written anything good since Anansi Boys.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Mike continues with the Palpatine voice whining. Still jealous.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 7, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

Shove it down her face
Shove it down her face
Shove it down her face

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Fartbox posted:

I still don't understand the end credits Stallone scene. Was that team a comic book thing or something

its a pile of ugly meat, with veins of tangy mayo, and a thin skin of sweaty, pinkish cheese

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

Speaking of American Gods, Neil Gaiman is a hack fraud who hasn't written anything good since Anansi Boys.

Truth

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, maybe I'll watch the stupid space movie. I didn't like the first one all that much, but if this one is better, then sure, why not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Okay, maybe I'll watch the stupid space movie. I didn't like the first one all that much, but if this one is better, then sure, why not.

I didn't like the first one very much at all. I thought it was just a slightly better Avengers, which was absolute poo poo.

If you treat this one as just a standalone sci fi movie it's good.

Michael Rooker is amazing.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Michael Rooker is amazing.

He sure proved himself to me by being one of the good parts of Walking Dead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pro Tip: don't go see GOTG2 during the day unless you want kids shouting "Baby groot!!!" Every ten minutes

dont emptyquote me and cross out everything after GOTG2 👿

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

khwarezm posted:

In Hollywood's weird world GiTS making 164 million dollars on 110 million dollar budget is a painful flop and I guarantee that will kill the Franchise right there, apparently its under-performing what they predicted in China anyway. To put things in perspective Fury Road and Star Trek Into Darkness both earned more than double their 150+ million doller budgets and were considered disappointments by their studios.

What a shame. I was looking forward to 10 more years of think pieces and internet outrage over some lovely anime's casting. Gosh I hope twitter can find something else to get upset over to fill this hole.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't remember a single thing that happened in Guardians of the Galaxy, other than Chris Pratt listening to old music and that tree saying he's Groot. Like I can remember enjoying it while I watched it, but I retained nothing that I watched.

I still like James Gunn, it just felt like his writing and directing took a back seat to crazy, mind-numbing action and special effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they make a good point that these flicks are the only ones with a writer-director. that's probably why they're far and away the best marvel flicks.

it's probably why thor 3 seems to be trying to ape them too.

• Locked thread