Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

MononcQc posted:

how do you even get rid of such a mistake outside of generating new keys and not checking these in?

filter-branch, push --force and hope nobody noticed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
removed AWS keys, and you know, did some other stuff, who cares

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

OBAMA BIN LinkedIn posted:

how!! is a funny guy

how!! consistently has the best username/post consistency

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
I want to employ that guy purely for comic value

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
he even got the punctuation right on his name lol

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
if he's a troll he's a master one, better than shaggar and tbc combined. but if that's seriously how he thinks and he considers /that/ to be the trolling, then he's just a terrible lost little homunculus of a man

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WHOIS John Galt posted:

if he's a troll he's a master one, better than shaggar and tbc combined. but if that's seriously how he thinks and he considers /that/ to be the trolling, then he's just a terrible lost little homunculus of a man

Shaggar is a troll? :doh:

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

prefect posted:

Shaggar is a troll? :doh:

only sometimes, that is part of the mystique

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

b0lt posted:

code:
//asm("int $0x3");
goddamn best poster right here

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
how!! is the first person i've seen who is more smug than i am while having fewer reasons to be smug

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

console.log() > any debugger

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

polpotpi posted:

alert() > any debugger

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

gas -> this thread

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i ordered effective javascript last night and it will be arriving today because i'm bad at js. it's hard to understand how i am somewhat capable of using haskell to solve various euler problems after loving around with it for a few hours at most, and yet actually using js effectively without relying upon jquery continues to boggle my mind. i know i'm a bad programmer but come on.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
VBScript has gotten me so skittish about languages that are named a compound word with -script on the end that I dont think I could ever take JS seriously

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
i got half way through Crockford's javascript book and gave up. I don't do enough web front-end stuff to make it worthwhile. my html skills are also limited to 1995 table sites, or a bootstrap template

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

why would you avoid using jquery unless youre building your own general use library? It handles a lot of garbage DOM stuff nicely and everyone has jquery locally cached so it shouldn't add much to page load.

theres not really any downside to it?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

yah the only thing more irritating than the jquery fan club is the 'pure javascript' fan club

it's the same not-invented-here syndrome that fucks up everything else

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

otoh jqueryui is pretty awful and i dont think has been used for anything good ever.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

gucci void main posted:

i ordered effective javascript last night and it will be arriving today because i'm bad at js. it's hard to understand how i am somewhat capable of using haskell to solve various euler problems after loving around with it for a few hours at most, and yet actually using js effectively without relying upon jquery continues to boggle my mind. i know i'm a bad programmer but come on.

people pick up languages differently, i wouldn't worry about it. js is a bad language designed differently than a lot of other languages and has a bunch of weird gotchas.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
jquery + underscore.js are what make javascript palatable

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

polpotpi posted:

why would you avoid using jquery unless youre building your own general use library? It handles a lot of garbage DOM stuff nicely and everyone has jquery locally cached so it shouldn't add much to page load.

theres not really any downside to it?

WHOIS John Galt posted:

yah the only thing more irritating than the jquery fan club is the 'pure javascript' fan club

i don't think it's a bad idea to play with pure js for a bit and build something with it for the sake of understanding and appreciating what a good library does. after that though? jquery all the way.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

good javascript libraries:
jquery
underscore
flot
d3
slickgrid
bootstrap/zurb js libs i guess

bad javascript libraries:
everything else

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
i'm not a pure js nerd, but when I'm playing with it I often skip the libraries because i'm playing around.

if i had to do it for danger money, i'd jquery the gently caress out of it.

i need an excuse to play with three.js or d3

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

WHOIS John Galt posted:

he's real

how!! posted:

I admit I'm probably the biggest sperg the world has ever seen. I don't have any friends, and I rarely ever talk to anyone. I write code 7 days a week and I will without batting an eyelash spend a whole workweek of doing nothing but reading code and reading blogs to fix a problem.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

whats the point of being a sperg if you can't at least be a half way decent programmer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

polpotpi posted:

whats the point of being a sperg if you can't at least be a half way decent programmer

the "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" fallacy

i used to ascribe to this

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

the point is that's bullshit. he doesn't know how to read or write code or find solutions. he doesn't know how to do any of that. he's bloviating probably because he wasn't loved enough as a child

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

WHOIS John Galt posted:

I don't really like jquery. :shobon:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

rotor posted:

I don't really like jquery. :shobon:

okay?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
javascript is bad dont use it.

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

Shaggar posted:

javascript is bad dont use it.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

if its so bad how come microsoft lets me make apps for the win 8 app store in javascript?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
b/c metro/win8 store is a giant gently caress rear end fail.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

b/c metro/win8 is a giant gently caress rear end fail.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
please respond and shaggar are the same person

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
50% of the posts in yospos are shaggar alt posts, hth

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

its me, im shaggar

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
my boss thinks js is easier to learn and use than jquery because js is a language and jquery is a library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wolffenstein posted:

my boss thinks js is easier to learn and use than jquery because js is a language and jquery is a library.

Well, you kinda have to learn Javascript before you can use Jquery.