Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul: I told Josh he needs to make them self evict and he was like "done", put on his glasses, and left.

Matt: I'm starting to love him.
Raven: I love him.

Fish is gone and they're all studying pictures they were shown for a memory comp. Cody and Jess go to HOH to study. Cody doesn't remember anything and thinks he'll remember it when he sees it. Jess is kinda manic and trying to go over everything.

Cody: I dunno. Something like that.

Christmas, Paul, Jason, Alex, and Kevin studying together. Josh tries to join but Paul kicks him out and tells him to go gently caress with "them." Ramses joins them. Now Elena. Elena isn't talking and has a very forlorn look on her face. Paul seems to be trying to shut down the study session now and eventually leaves.

I have no idea where Mark is. Or Maven, but that's no real surprise that they're not playing.

Cody and Jess get distracted because Jess thinks she may have said something bad about Elena when she was in the room because she didn't know she was there. Cody doesn't believe Mark is innocent. Now Jess starts talking about the Curse and randomly thinks Alex had the second Temptation. They're done studying. It was about five minutes.

Mark is studying alone in the kitchen. Jody and Paul all convene there and Mark and Paul exchange notes. Paul might be feeding Mark BS.

Mark joins the study group and Jason and Kevin leave. Its mostly Elena and Ramses talking with Alex and Christmas kind of stuck.

Paul joins Maven in the parlor to study.

Cody's talking about his dad to Jess. Jess is sore that this comp is one "anyone can take." You know, except probably her dumb rear end boyfriend (it will be multiple choice so watch him win).

Alex and Christmas have escaped the Rose Room Study Group and joined Jason and Kevin in the bathroom. Alex is telling Jason and Kevin not to let the other side hear the answers. Christmas and Alex say Mark was giving wrong answers intentionally. Josh joins in a little.

The anti-Jody people are all kind of bouncing in and out of rooms together comparing notes. Paul is with Mark, Elena, and Ramses in the Rose Room. He's probably feeding them lies and seeing what they know. Cody and Jess are HOH with no cameras, and probably not studying anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rameses leaves the Rose Room and Mark and Paul start studying saying they won't share anything with Ramses. Paul is disagreeing with Mark about things and probably trying to screw him up.

Josh pokes his head into the Apple Room and Matt, Raven, Christmas, and Alex all yell "No!" in unison.

Jason's tired of studying and wants to go to bed. Paul and Alex yell at him.

Kevin's deflecting it when people say memory comps are his. He's throwing.

Josh says he's going to go gently caress with Mark's bed and cry to Elena to gently caress with them.

All the anti-Jody crew still bouncing around rooms and study groups. They all complain about Ramses and say not to say anything when he pops in. Mark and Elena are left alone in the Rose Room in incredibly awkward silence.

Its gonna be a lot of studying that keeps all the other stuff from blowing up. And Jody have given up. So I'm probably going to get that sleep. Or just wait until I see something happen on Jokers or Twitter.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Is Cody wearing taped dog tags? Has he explained if they are his or someone close to him?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Is Cody wearing taped dog tags? Has he explained if they are his or someone close to him?

They're someone else's, I think. I believe there are SSNs on tags, hence the tape.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spoke too soon.

Elena approaching Paul about the vibe of the house and Paul is subtlety clueing her into the fact that the house is against Jody and Mark and they're associating her with them. They whisper and its not clear but I don't think Paul said anything specific, but I think Elena was smart enough to get it all. I actually think she's been pretty aware of what was happening for a few hours.

Josh tossed Mark's bed. Mark snaps at Josh. Kevin immediately darts up to stop it. Josh denies doing anything. Mark is fuming. Kevin advises him to stay cool and not get thrown out.

Paul tells Christmas, Matt, and Raven that Elena told her "I don't like what Mark is doing with Jessica and Cody." Paul says he doesn't trust Elena but she knows the memory stuff and they need to pull her in. Especially now that Mark is flipping out and she's keeping her distance. Paul doesn't want to tell her about the vote but wants to start to pull her in and plants seeds. He thinks she'll separate from Jody after the vote. Christmas says Elena said she's "sick of it" when Mark freaked out. Paul says Elena said "Cody doesn't give a gently caress" when he wasn't studying. Paul says he said "Cody won't know anything unless someone tells him it" and Elena said she won't but Mark didn't say anything. Christmas says Mark went to HOH. Matt's sketchy about trusting Elena but Paul and Christmas are trying to make the point that they know she floated to the power, but now she sees the power is shifting. Raven wants to try and convince Cody to throw HOH to her by promising she won't put him up, and then do it anyway. Matt doesn't think he's that stupid but they point out the whole Ramses thing.

The memory stuff were playing cards of the evicted HGs. Cameron's had BB18 Glenn and "some black lady" who is probably BB14 Jodi, the other 1st night evictee, but no one knows who she is. They didn't know Glenn either but Paul did.

Paul's Apple crew have switched back to studying and Mark joins them. I'm pretty sure Christmas and Paul are just feeding him BS. Mark is asking a bunch of questions and they're acting dumb and tell him to ask Elena but he says she won't help him. He leaves and Christmas says "he can't be that dumb" and they start studying again.

Kevin's been studying with Elena and Ramses but Alex pulls him aside and tells him Elena's lying to him and feeding him fake stuff.

Paul commends Josh on him loving with Mark. "loving awesome." Says he's gotta do that stuff all next week. Josh is in his head again about how he looks and getting targeted. Paul assures him viewers love "pots and pans" and everyone has his back.

The rest of the anti-Jody crew are all studying together. Christmas informs them of the Elena situation.

Cody and Mark are playing checkers on the chess board again. They just figured out what "OTEV" means.

This is going to go all night and I want to see Paul/Elena and any Mark/Josh stuff, but I have a headache so I'm bowing out for now.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 27, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm always back.

Elena tells Paul she's hinted at Mark that she doesn't like Jody thing multiple times. Paul says its not subtle and she's spent a lot of time up there. Paul says everyone knows Cody and Mark had a "ride or die". He says Elena's not in trouble but she could be soon. Elena says Mark wants a "fresh start" with Cody, Paul says Cody wants to make a "big move." Paul says Cody's "bullying" people for votes and that Jess is dropping his name as trying to flip it. Elena denies hearing it and asks if he's voting out Josh. Paul says he is unless the house flips. Elena says she's trying to keep her distance from Cody. Paul basically says it doesn't look that way. Elena says Mark keeps blowing up and she's been avoiding him today. Paul says you can only help someone so much. Elena doesn't know how to navigate away from Mark as Mark navigates to Cody. Paul asks if she wants to win HOH and she doesn't say anything.

Christmas breaks it up and Elena goes. Paul says the "deal is done." Paul embellishes.

Elena still doesn't know Josh is staying but Paul laid the groundwork for it and I don't think she'll be surprised. She might not like it but her survival instincts are already kicking in and she doesn't want to be on the wrong side of a house war.

Jason complaining to Alex again about her being an rear end in a top hat to him. Alex says its part of their thing and they can't change it now or it will look weird. Jason reveals it was Mark who put the idea in his head that she was doing "stirring up poo poo". Alex says Mark is targeting her and was trying to drive a wedge between them. She says Mark is working for Jody. She asks when did Mark talk to them between their HOH and now? Alex says Jason slips up and lets stuff go. Something about Christmas slipping up too. They get interrupted by Ramses.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

Is Matt...pouring ranch dressing...on Raven? Is this a regular thing?

Edit: Not an avid feed watcher but oof. I got tired real quick of watching them just play fight/stare at each other in the eyes for like 10 minutes straight

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Thanks as always for your recaps STAC, I get much enjoyment out of it.

I will say that this is probably my least liked group of guests, I am enjoying the chaos. It's nice to not have every vote be a unanimous formality with actual legit blindsides. Not to mention this casts complete disregard for undressing for the camera. ::d:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jody is obnoxious as gently caress, but I still really like this cast on the whole. It just reminds me why I hate the big brother format so much.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dingleberry2 posted:

Thanks as always for your recaps STAC, I get much enjoyment out of it.

I will say that this is probably my least liked group of guests, I am enjoying the chaos. It's nice to not have every vote be a unanimous formality with actual legit blindsides. Not to mention this casts complete disregard for undressing for the camera. ::d:

Yeah I'd agree with this. Every year there's a few HGs that I'm like "I genuinely like this person and would want to be friends with them" and I'm not feeling it this year.

HOWEVER, this is a MUCH more interesting season early on with less "you gotta vote with the house" bullshit. I wonder how much is the cast and how much is the lack of Battle of the Block or whatever that had everyone walking on eggshells every week since nobody wanted to rock the boat and be one of the 4 people every week going on the block.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of like Christmas. And Kevin, Alex, and Jason, I guess. And truthfully, probably Josh. I've got the same soft spot for him that most of the HGs do.

But while I love it when there are people I genuinely like and want to root for, I prefer it when I don't hate the cast and aside from Cody, Jess, and Mark I don't hate these people. I could see myself hating Paul and some others but right now the foil is so sever its keeping me from hating them.

In the end I rather a cast that's interesting who I don't hate to a cast I love but are boring. I enjoyed players like Vanessa and Derrick less because I liked them personally and more because I had fun watching their games. These folks aren't exactly great game players but they're keeping the game interesting and moving.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like pretty much everyone other than Cody, Jessica and Mark.

I could take or leave Paul but I will say that without him in there this season would be dogshit because nobody would have a clue what was going on or what to do.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This cast has been pretty dominated in personality by Jody and Paul. Without them we could have a house divided between Alex and Christmas and going to war, which would be fun. We may still get some people stepping up in gameplay once a couple of those 3 are evicted.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Why do people hate Paul? He said some pretty lovely stuff last year iirc, but otherwise he seems cool.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

Why do people hate Paul? He said some pretty lovely stuff last year iirc, but otherwise he seems cool.

He's loud, obnoxious, thinks he's way smarter than he is, thinks he's way funnier than he is, among other things. Any one or two of those qualities could describe almost any HG, but he's got 'em all going for him. The crazy thing is that he definitely is the smartest player in the house, but his ego and confidence still out-pace his actual skill.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul is arrogant, loud, and obnoxious and lashes out at anyone who goes against him. We saw that with Dom. Dom was acting crazy and arrogant so it didn't play too badly but Paul literally dragged her out of bed in the middle of the night and woke people up to scream at her and berate her. He did that kind of poo poo a bunch of times in BB18 and he'll do it again in BB19. It makes for lively feeds but it makes him look like an rear end in a top hat bully. And its why he lost a Jury vote.

Eltoasto posted:

This cast has been pretty dominated in personality by Jody and Paul. Without them we could have a house divided between Alex and Christmas and going to war, which would be fun. We may still get some people stepping up in gameplay once a couple of those 3 are evicted.

Yeah, right now we have a problem where Jody have made themselves into such big villains that Paul's been able to easily set himself up as the savior who will slay them. It's part of what makes Paul more tolerable as a foil to the bigger assholes but it also ends up making it easy for the rest of the cast to buy into Paul's "savior" routine and back him to take down the immediate threat of Jody. We're not seeing the game open up and we don't know if it will or if they'll still back Paul when he's not so "necessary" to them. Its possible he's basically being treated the same way Josh is. A shield to combat the bigger threats. But we'll never know until Jody are gone.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Paul is really the reason I haven't watched really any feeds this week. Not necessarily Paul as a person but more the Paul is God attitude from his crew aka the whole house minus Jody. It's boring.

Although I have been keeping up with our boy Stac and it sounds like the past 24 hours have gotten interesting even if it means Paul is going to be the winner in the end.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Paul is going to win in the end" is basically the fan sentiment I don't get wound up about. Because like... Paul ain't guaranteed poo poo. There's 13 people in the house. Paul is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way from winning and very few people who are running poo poo and flying safe in Week 4 end up making it the end of the game. Like, this time last year I was a little demoralized about Paulie running the game, but that was basically because it was no fun to watch him bully and ostracize people. But like most pre-jury "puppet masters" he fell hard and I see no reason Paul can't do the same.

And Paul in particular is playing REALLY hard and setting up a lot of things that could come back to bite him. And we all know he's a control freak with an anger problem who thinks it benefits him to berate people, so I'm not that worried right now.

What's keeping the feeds alive right now is that Jody are just such complete villains that watching people clown them and make them freak out is a lot of fun. And they're SO removed from the game in the penthouse that there's actually a fair bit of low key gaming happening downstairs from the likes of Paul, Alex, Christmas, and Elena.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think the dynamic of large groups of people fondling a returning BB player's balls is a little played out by now. It's something they keep telling me I need to see and I don't know why, I guess for the TV show. I'm sure a lot of people do like Paul and that's fine, it's not really about him, it's about this weird dynamic that no one ever asks for. They had to rig Jessie Godderz out of the game and he's a moron!

It creates power relations that are just total bullshit, of course other HGs are going to ask him for advice all the time when he's been there before and he has three free weeks.

This is still a pretty solid cast, and I can't complain at all about losing Cameron, Jillian, Dominique and Ramses in the first four weeks, it's just hard to watch feeds when it's only ever "Cody and Jess being morons" or "the Poochie Show."

Like every game move everyone makes is filtered through how much it helps Paul. This is great for him, it gets rid of his immediate targets, it makes sure that there are literally zero alliances formed without him somehow. It's just so stifling, and I can't be confident the end result is "Paul wins, playing an all-time great game" and not "Paul gets bounced at like F6 and that's the only thing that ever actually happens."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Eh, I don't think Paul being there really changes that dynamic too much. Time and time again we see people fall in line behind stronger players for questionable reasons, and either that person wins or gets bounced with a knife in the back. If it weren't Paul, it would have been someone else, unless the cast ended up being so terrible that no one had any game.

I blame this less on having a vet and more on just poo poo casting in general. Every season seems to be 50% floaters or more. The fact that 19 seasons in people like Jillian and Ramses, and hell, even Raven and Matt, can make it onto the show is just silly. They should have figured out how to filter out floater types in casting by now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think the thing to remember is:

Paul didn't make Cody backdoor Christmas.
Paul didn't make Cody deceive his entire alliance.
Paul didn't make Cody act like a psycho and have to be warned by production not to be violent.
Paul didn't make Jessica rewrite history to make herself the victim.
Paul didn't make Cody and Jessica totally ostracize themselves from the house.
Paul didn't make Mark an rear end in a top hat who has spent weeks rubbing people wrong.
Paul didn't make Elena and Mark sketch everyone out by crawling up Jody's rear end and ostracizing themselves.
Paul didn't make Jessica clueless to house dynamics and basic BB logic.

Paul's had a hand in a lot of stuff including painting Ramses as an easy target and stewing up the rebellion against Jody. But like the Mark/Elena thing is actually a really clear sign of how Paul isn't really "puppet mastering" stuff because they were two of his closest allies and he really just couldn't stop them from loving up their own games. And he tried REALLY hard with Mark and even warned Elena to separate herself from Mark last week.

Its actually a weird dynamic of this season that for as much as Paul is an arrogant douche walking around telling everyone all his precious BB veteran advice... he's actually told them a lot of good advice and a lot of their mistakes are because they didn't listen (or in some cases just couldn't change). It reminds me a lot of Frank last season.

But in the end, as much as we want to see everyone make crazy moves and keep things chaotic and interesting, its not actually something that's in their best interests. Players tend to "vote with the house" and fall behind a dominant personality like Paul because its just kind of the smarter play in Week 4. Where they usually screw up is in not having a plan for when it gets to like Week 8 or 10. That's why I'm critical of players like Matt, Raven, and Kevin who seem to be "floating" while I'm much more sympathetic to players like Christmas, Alex, and Elena who seem like they're trying to work their own game that just includes Paul right now for good reason.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 27, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Eh, I don't think Paul being there really changes that dynamic too much. Time and time again we see people fall in line behind stronger players for questionable reasons, and either that person wins or gets bounced with a knife in the back. If it weren't Paul, it would have been someone else, unless the cast ended up being so terrible that no one had any game.

I blame this less on having a vet and more on just poo poo casting in general. Every season seems to be 50% floaters or more. The fact that 19 seasons in people like Jillian and Ramses, and hell, even Raven and Matt, can make it onto the show is just silly. They should have figured out how to filter out floater types in casting by now.

Ehhh, floaters have to be super convenient for production because its a bunch of people they can basically ignore when editing the episodes. Like Matt or Ramses. Hell, if Ramses had just thrown that veto comp like he was supposed to, he would barely have been on the show at all until this week.

If you have like 16 spitfire personalities or super hard gamers, it makes deciding what to air a lot more difficult.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Yeah, I'd like to think there are personality test-type items (Do you tend to follow authority? Do you consider yourself "risk-averse?") that could filter out Matts. In reality most Matts, maybe not this one but the majority are kind of made by game circumstances. I bet most of the time when they get a real coasting kind of player, it's not someone they would predict before the season. Here you have Paul giving good advice (just having access to the veteran' player's knowledge is a huge asset - it even was last year, when Da'Vonne and Frank were horrendous players), Cody and Jessica being toxic, and Paul's natural playing style being to stir up most of the house against a couple people.

Matt himself is "with it" enough to throw comps - he knows he's in a good spot, he knows he's being rewarded for playing this way, so why change in week 4 or whatever this is? He's not wrong. You win BB by being personally inoffensive, being good at ~F7+ carnival games and being in the majority alliance - you can't overemphasize entertainment (maybe they try with America votes, but there's no reason for those to overwhelmingly go against, like, Andy, Nicole and Steve), de-emphasize comps or de-emphasize coalition building without really ruining the format.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ToastyPotato posted:

Raven and Matt are there for eye candy. Matt more than Raven, probably. Raven when Julie is talking to her is so weirdly different that I can see how she made it, but I like her bitchy feed personality a lot better than her "quirky" girl act.

Cody is the by far the worst cast member, but hey conflict is interesting so there you go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not even mad at Maven. There's nothing really wrong about wanting to float in Week 4. Its boring and they're boring, but its sound logic.

My main problem is that Matt's such a baby about HAVING to play when floating was no longer an option. Which it isn't this week.

That and Matt's kind of an arrogant douche who really adopted that "cool kid" elitism early on. I think he might be getting past it now though as he seems to actually engage with everyone now and hates most of the other cool kids.

And he's kind of sarcastically hilarious when he wants to be.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh hey... Josh is literally going "pots and pans."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Cody seems like a genuinely terrible human being from some of the things he has said, but he is actually competing. His game management is probably the worst, but at the very least he is competing.

I can believe Matt is laying low on purpose, but he feels invisible to the game as a viewer. Playing the sneaky game is great, but when the average viewer can't even tell, then it is not so great. I have no idea what Matt's plans even are.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ToastyPotato posted:

Cody seems like a genuinely terrible human being from some of the things he has said, but he is actually competing. His game management is probably the worst, but at the very least he is competing.
Cody furiously jacking off over killing people makes me not care that he's competing. I just want every episode to be about him getting owned until he's bounced from the house pre-jury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh: Mark! Did you not hear the alarm! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Its 7 hours of hell, buddy! I leave at 8! We need to spend time together!

Josh: I want to bond! Why you not waking up and bonding with me? Its my last day!

He does it to Elena too but then he apologize to her and tells her he loves her, and she's cool with it.

Elena: Mark might kill you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh: MARK! We are bonding like white on rice! We are bonding like a tick on a dog! We are bonding like pita chips and hummus! We are bonding ALL. DAY. LONG! I just want to bond with Mark! Listen, you're not going to Do the Dominique on me! I'm walking out but we're bonding!

Mark has literally barricaded himself in the Apple Room.

Most everyone besides Mark is laughing their asses off.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Josh just terrorizing Mark makes my day.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

Josh: MARK! We are bonding like white on rice! We are bonding like a tick on a dog! We are bonding like pita chips and hummus! We are bonding ALL. DAY. LONG! I just want to bond with Mark! Listen, you're not going to Do the Dominique on me! I'm walking out but we're bonding!

Mark has literally barricaded himself in the Apple Room.

Most everyone besides Mark is laughing their asses off.

This is even funnier if Mark knows the jig is up and Josh is staying.

I like Show Cody though last night was freaky watching them flip back and forth between his big nascar grin at christmas and his deadeyed diary stare. I'll miss the drama when he goes but he's such a terrible person I hope it does happen soon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really didn't like Josh at all when the season started but now he's actually my favorite.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now Mark and Cody are commiserating. Mark thinks he's getting bullied. Cody says he guarantees people hate him and he's getting booed mercilessly tonight. And "anyone associated with him." Cody doesn't think this will even make air by tonight. HA! Idiot. They're vigorously re-editing things as we speak! Cody says Josh doesn't even deserve a goodbye message or air time. Mark and Cody talking about blacking out and getting violent. Blah blah blah, bullying, Jessica's a sweetheart he mistreated, scumbag. You know the act. Mark is hurt that everyone's laughing.

Josh has now pulled up a chair outside the Apple Room door and says he'll bond through the door if necessary because he's pretty sure its not soundproof. Cody invites Mark to hide out in HOH. Josh says he hopes he can go visit Mark in Buffalo and get some wings.

Jason and Paul mock that Mark complains about being bullied after all the poo poo he's done to Josh for weeks.

Cody saying Jess wants to be calm but he's not a pussy like everyone else. Mark revels at Cody's self control.

Christmas and Paul assuring Elena and Jessica that Josh isn't making a very good case for him to stay. They are of course lying and have been encouraging Josh all morning.

Josh tells Jessica he's not coming after her, only Mark because he threw the hot sauce in his face.

Cody tells Mark he has a daughter. Nice time to bond? Cody doesn't want to say anything so Josh doesn't use it against him and make him enraged. Sure, that's why he lied about it for a month. Jessica is there and they're just obsessing about Josh and talking about Cody's kid and Cody and Jessica's hypothetical children.

Meanwhile everyone else is studying downstairs for the HOH comp.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Cody is telling Mark he will fight Josh for him...then they run away to the HoH

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody has taught his daughter not to make "victim noises" when she cries. Cody... when an infant cries that's... God he's an rear end in a top hat.

You can just hear Josh screaming in the background.

Smarter players would see this as a problem.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Meanwhile everyone else is studying downstairs for the HOH comp.

Of all missteps that Cody and Jess are guilty of, this is probably their most consistent problem. Everyone else is doing something and they're holed up in their fantasy land in the HOH room not participating. It's a hell of their own making.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Faustian Bargain posted:

Cody furiously jacking off over killing people makes me not care that he's competing. I just want every episode to be about him getting owned until he's bounced from the house pre-jury.

Oh I agree with you. I am saying, at least he isn't a dud.

STAC Goat posted:

Cody has taught his daughter not to make "victim noises" when she cries. Cody... when an infant cries that's... God he's an rear end in a top hat.

You can just hear Josh screaming in the background.

Smarter players would see this as a problem.

But then stuff like this happens and I end up getting mad at casting again. I don't mind casting a complete rear end in a top hat if the show is going to be honest in their portrayal of said rear end in a top hat, but once again, he's been receiving a sugar coated edit, to the point that his GF won a viewer vote for a power. The 24/7 nature of the show is kind of defeated if the main broadcast is literally just going to cover up things that people say and do in order to build their own narrative.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I think the edit on Cody is pretty fair. Like, they haven't show his trannie comments or "pussies" or bad parenting stories but they never show that kind of stuff. They haven't sugar coated how he backstabbed anyone, they've aired the "alpha" stuff, and they generally present him as a shell shocked psycho who has betrayed everyone in the house.

People might still like him or be too amused by his silliness to see him as an rear end. But BB hasn't been kind. Jess winning the Temptation probably has more to do with her natural underdog position and the huge online push. It being active for 2 weeks gave the online fanbase a long time to get organized and rock the vote, ie spam it with bots and fake emails and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jess when Cody left actually played a social game and was interesting. Once Cody came back she instantly reverted to queen bee let's go gently caress all day in HoH and ignore everybody mode.

• Locked thread