Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Chris James 2 posted:

@JohnCena
Call up the interweb machine, tell em' it's time to hate us again #thechampishere
4:18 PM - 30 Jun 2014

Love that he's making drat near the exact same face as the promo shot in the top right. Smug Cena sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...cement-upcoming

quote:

--WWE has announced a big return tonight of a former WWE champion who is a cross-platform entertainer. I would expect it to be The Miz, who has been at TV's the last two weeks but not used, and the gimmick he's been doing at the house shows is as a heel who thinks he's a movie star.

At least it doesn't look like they're dumb enough to try to make him a face again as many feared.

Also of note, happy 70th birthday to Terry Funk

quote:

--Terry Funk, one of the greatest performers in the history of the business, turned 70 today. Happy birthday Terry, who continued to be ahead of the curve in selling all his WWE stock right before the network announcement number was made. Also celebrating birthdays today are two wrestlers who may be on Raw tonight, Cody Rhodes (29) and Alicia Fox (28).

Good on him for being smart enough to sell.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 30, 2014

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
The Miz? That'll put bums on seats.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cena loving owns, heres to another 9 months of posting

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Well, is Seth Rollins gonna start losing every week now?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Miz? That'll put bums on seats.

Maryse: Mike? Valeyard is on the phone and he sounds so sad :ohdear:

Contingency Plan posted:

Well, is Seth Rollins gonna start losing every week now?

If Dean Ambrose has anything to say about it... yes!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

Cena loving owns, heres to another 9 months of posting

This is the reason I'm most upset about it :negative:

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

@JohnCena
Call up the interweb machine, tell em' it's time to hate us again #thechampishere
4:18 PM - 30 Jun 2014

Cena will probably wear the WHC and use the WWE Championship for chucking into the ring/pose but I like the concept of fusion belts.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is the reason I'm most upset about it :negative:

I'm not. The Champ (Valeyard) is here! Let's hope that this Cena run beats out CM Punk's reign of terror!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

WWE app just binged that whoever is showing up tonight is a former champion. Could be getting Lesnar in early?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sex Robot posted:

WWE app just binged that whoever is showing up tonight is a former champion. Could be getting Lesnar in early?

He's The Miz and he's awesome!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Shima Honnou posted:

He's The Miz and he's awesome!

If The Miz shows up I'm going to bed early.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VEZdw0ZlE

Stardust is the best thing to happen to wrestling. :allears:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sex Robot posted:

If The Miz shows up I'm going to bed early.

Fluff your pillows.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PW Insider says the champ is Jericho

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

I'm interested to see what they'll do with Cesaro whenever Brock turns up because I don't see him coming out of it looking great at all. Heyman will talk about Brock to death so Cesaro plays second fiddle to a part timer (even more so) and while Brock is away we'll probably get Cesaro being fed to Cena.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Uhhh it's Jericho.

PWInsider posted:

The former WWE champion returning tonight on Raw is Chris Jericho. The nature of his role, I have not confirmed.
Jericho is also tentatively slated to appear on tomorrow's Smackdown taping in Newark, NJ.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vertical Lime posted:

I hope he is here for a while then so I can finally have my Devitt Jericho feud

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Maryse: Mike? Valeyard is on the phone and he sounds so sad :ohdear:

I love heel Miz so much, I would be happy if face Miz would keep away doing movies though

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm not. The Champ (Valeyard) is here! Let's hope that this Cena run beats out CM Punk's reign of terror!

agreed

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Vertical Lime posted:

who even cares about this guy anymore

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Agreed. How many movies has he even done?

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 1, 2014

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meat Recital posted:

Agreed. How many movies has even done?

oh no, but there are definitely some videos he can plug

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Jericho? Who'd he ever beat

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Huh that would be a welcome suprise, and Dave was just guessing Miz so you never know.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Rusev and his tiny feet. I really enjoyed his match with Big E because it was like the first time Rusev has had a real competitive match, and it was just two bruisers going at it. I don't know what the general consensus was on that match, but I really, really liked it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Baby Babbeh posted:

Paige/Naomi was great, and its pretty clear that from a talent perspective the women's division is, surprisingly, one of the stronger areas on the card right now. You've got a handful of really great workers and the women waiting in the wings in NXT are par good and occasionally excellent. A shame about that Summer/Layla feud. That was easily the most stupid, sexist and plain embarrassing women's angle they've run this year.

If you count the Vickie/Stephanie sewer match, it wasn't even the worst angle this week.

Fandangoo is hot, women fight over him, he's a jerk. Simple story, easy to tell in the ring. It may not set the world on fire but it's hardly embarassing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Raw is Jericho. Jericho is boring. Therefore Raw is boring. Transitive property, bitch.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Jericho hooks up with Summer Rae and gets he's win back (again) from Fandango!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
jericho's last run was so bland and unmemorable, i'm having a hard time thinking of what he actually did

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Omally posted:

jericho's last run was so bland and unmemorable, i'm having a hard time thinking of what he actually did

It was memorable in that he started doing his dumb schtick from early in his career, c'mon baybees and all. All the poo poo people wished he still did. It stank!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jobbed to Fandango and that was about all i remembered

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He had a buildup that would by all indications say that he should have won the Royal Rumble, then Sheamus won it, his character had no point and he did nothing until eventually he went away.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio are out. It is past 2003. Thus, Jericho will be boring and bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio are out. It is past 2003. Thus, Jericho will be boring and bad.

Still more welcome than Miz.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DeathChicken posted:

He had a buildup that would by all indications say that he should have won the Royal Rumble, then Sheamus won it, his character had no point and he did nothing until eventually he went away.

All rumors pointed to him winning the Royal Rumble but they swerved and made it Sheamus just cuz apparently.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I, uh, like Chris Jericho. :shobon:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

His 2013 run was really lame, but the 2012 one was decent.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VEZdw0ZlE

Stardust is the best thing to happen to wrestling. :allears:

ET? no. WHY?

I like Jericho more after watching his first comeback reign against Michaels. His feud against Orton and Fandango sucked. Went too hammy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Landstander posted:

How could you?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Landstander posted: