Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Trabisnikof posted:

Off duty officer comes to help with stolen car crash outside his house. Ordered to the ground, per usual, but was recognized and told to stand up. He was then shot by another officer who saw a dude getting off the ground so knew he needed to get shot.

Good job STL! That's what it means to be the gateway to the west: make sure all know that there is no such thing as safety :unsmigghh:

I welcome the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Off duty officer comes to help with stolen car crash outside his house. Ordered to the ground, per usual, but was recognized and told to stand up. He was then shot by another officer who saw a dude getting off the ground so knew he needed to get shot.
lmao. you know that guy. that guy who has no grasp on the concept of perspective and ability to understand that if the other cops are watching a man walk toward them then they are probably fully aware that the man is walking toward them and are already acting accordingly with no need for intervention
yeah that guy meets every qualification for getting to carry a gun and shoot at people according to his own judgement

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I find it highly disturbing that Kill-Engine Yanez failed to reload and continue neutralizing all targets in his sector. Is this what passes for imperial conditioning these days?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dk2m posted:

maybe we should make every pansy liberal art student be cops and make the cops take feminist theory classes and see what happens

i mean it sounds like a dumb joke but no lie if you put "four year college degree" on the job requirements for police officers we'd probably get a smarter, more effective, and at the same time less violent police force. no need to force sensitivity class training or whatever, you get plenty of mandatory courses like that in college due to state graduation standards anyway.

don't cops in the eu need a college degree? iirc to even enter the police academy in japan you need a four-year degree plus you have to have a high certification in at least one martial art.

idk maybe i just wanna see the stem students who didn't get a job out of the gate in blue lol

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

The White Dragon posted:

i mean it sounds like a dumb joke but no lie if you put "four year college degree" on the job requirements for police officers we'd probably get a smarter, more effective, and at the same time less violent police force. no need to force sensitivity class training or whatever, you get plenty of mandatory courses like that in college due to state graduation standards anyway

idk maybe i just wanna see the stem students who didn't get a job out of the gate in blue lol

You do not want a police force comprised of engineers holy poo poo

And I say this as an engineer

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

i mean it sounds like a dumb joke but no lie if you put "four year college degree" on the job requirements for police officers we'd probably get a smarter, more effective, and at the same time less violent police force. no need to force sensitivity class training or whatever, you get plenty of mandatory courses like that in college due to state graduation standards anyway
The fucknugget who ran my D.A.R.E class in elementary school said something that has stuck with me for over a decade:

"Don't go to college to be a cop. College teaches you how to read books. Cops read people."

quote:

This is legitimately scarier than what we have now.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah the way to solve the problem of stupid cowards wetting their pants and unloading a clip into a civilian for no reason is to get giant nerds that have been bullied their entire lives and give them guns

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Space Crabs posted:

Yeah the way to solve the problem of stupid cowards wetting their pants and unloading a clip into a civilian for no reason is to get giant nerds that have been bullied their entire lives and give them guns

Fixes the bully problem we apparently have in the US.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324 posted:

Fixes the bully problem we apparently have in the US.

alright i'm okay with giving stem graduates a gun and a badge then, lets clean up the streets

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm yes let me reach into a mysterious area of my car that a juiced up cop can't see and is contiously yelling at me to stop while he has his gun drawn what is the worst that could happen.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Clearly you've never read his opinions on poor people lol

Poor minorities are better than poor white people cause they have to be actively oppressed into slavery rather than willingly signing up for it

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
Why is the murder of this obviously innocent guy getting so much less outrage than the shooting of Michael Brown, who had just robbed a convenience store and assaulted a clerk?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zorodius posted:

Why is the murder of this obviously innocent guy getting so much less outrage than the shooting of Michael Brown, who had just robbed a convenience store and assaulted a clerk?

because people are tired and nothing matters anymore

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

RFC2324 posted:

This feels lime the premise of a tv show

Or a webcomic

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Zorodius posted:

It's been crowded out by stuff that people are more interested in.

When it happened the primaries for both parties had not long finished and so the focus was on the presidential race, people's attention was elsewhere and they didn't get invested in it after the initial incident, and presumably that's led to less interest in covering the results of the trial as heavily as other more current things people are interested in like the Jeremy Christian stuff.

People's attention is finite and eventually people get tired of the same sort of stories being pushed, and I think that what's made that fatigue about these stories worse is people having previously gone in so hard on the Brown and also the Martin cases which turned out to be reasonable shoots(even if in the latter case zimmerman shouldn't have been there and then turned out to be a garbage person). It's analogous to crying wolf, people went nuts about those cases and it turned out the person who shot the black guy was right to do so, and now a case where it seems like cop should have ended up with a manslaughter conviction flew under most people's radars when it happened
and now can't generate enough interest in the wake of an actual injustice in Yanez going free to get people as riled up as they should be.

Also Brown/Ferguson was an even bigger deal to people because of the weeks of protests and rioting that followed both the shooting and the trial.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
People just need to realize whenever there's a cop around, you have to act the same way as if it was an active shooter situation. Distance yourself from the situation as calmly as possible, realizing that you are dangerously close to a mouth-breathing government thug. He has no common sense or sense of duty, and he solves his problems by shooting them. There's no reason to debate if a situation is justified because the fact that these people stay in proximity to police puts the burden on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Thanks for saying the stuff I was thinking :)

I think we all learned a valuable lesson here: If a cop wants to get away with daylight murder, he just needs to wait until the right time in the political news cycle.

• Locked thread