Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

At least he's closer than anyone else has gotten in like 30 years.

Lol, why yes, yes he is.

Just loving take me now lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Robert.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Sorry toxx for beto guy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Even if that Cruz victory holds, Beto still brought a lot of house seats into play and probably pushed some over.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Skex posted:

gently caress it :toxx: Beto will be the next junior Senator from Texas.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What’s the Cruz win projection based on? Are there any areas with votes still out that might flip it?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

What’s the Cruz win projection based on? Are there any areas with votes still out that might flip it?

Honestly Houston has like 16% in so it's way early to call it imo. But we'll see.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49huz6mD_E

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Allred beat Sessions at least!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I'm wondering how they are calling it with 20% of voting reporting. Particularly given where those numbers are coming from.

But :10bux: is a small price to pay for a little hope.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

Honestly Houston has like 16% in so it's way early to call it imo. But we'll see.

Agree. We don't know where in Harris the votes are outstanding. Did they report in from like Katy or Kingwood or some poo poo first? If the inner city districts are still out, things could still shift substantially.

But I'm frequently wrong and hopeful.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

Basically all the cities except maybe Austin.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I seriously hope O'Rourke doesn't dump Texas and try to go national, Texas needs people like him or similar to him in the governor's seat and Lt Gov seat. And pretty much in the Education Council.......etc etc.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah I was gonna say. CNN.com hasn’t called it yet.

Their tracker says Dallas only has like 28% too.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 7, 2018

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah, just ABC and CBS so far. NYT and CNN and several others haven't called it yet.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm just gonna keep drinking while this comedy continues.

I. M. Gei posted:

Their tracker says Dallas only has like 6% too.

:thunk:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jiro posted:

I seriously hope O'Rourke doesn't dump Texas and try to go national, Texas needs people like him or similar to him in the governor's seat and Lt Gov seat. And pretty much in the Education Council.......etc etc.

If only Julian had decided he didn't have to stay mint in box anymore...

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Dallas county also with <30% reporting. The NYT is also pretty slow on its counting precincts.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

Lol. This is it for Beto. It’s win or go home in TX politics for Democrats. If he doesn’t win in this statewide election, then he’s done in TX and national politics.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
The Texas secretary of state website seems like it's mostly just reporting early voting (5.4 million!) at this point.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

radical meme posted:

Lol. This is it for Beto. It’s win or go home in TX politics for Democrats. If he doesn’t win in this statewide election, then he’s done in TX and national politics.

Idunno, he made Texas competitive. Granted, it was against the most repulsive human approximation someone could conceive, but still.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Signs point to yes.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1059286719017771008?s=21

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Beto did not lose because he didn't play to the middle in Texas.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

1stGear posted:

^^^^Hell loving yes. Austin DSA campaigned hard on this. Unfortunately, their city council candidate in Lewis Conway Jr. lost.

Someone get that tweet about the result in Texas being great for Texas Dems and disappointing for everyone else cause people in the main thread are acting like Beto was a shoe-in.

yeah they seem to not understand how huge it is that sessions and that whole area went blue

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I can't decide how much to appreciate the narrowness of Beto's (likey) loss since it seems like it will be another 20 years til there's another statewide candidate as vile as Rafael Cruz

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FBS posted:

I can't decide how much to appreciate the narrowness of Beto's (likey) loss since it seems like it will be another 20 years til there's another statewide candidate as vile as Rafael Cruz

Or in another light, it'll be another six years til there's another statewide candidate as vile as Ted

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
CNN calls it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well, that's it for me this evening. I honestly thought Beto had a shot...drat.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CNN called it Cruz

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Kirios posted:

Well, that's it for me this evening. I honestly thought Beto had a shot...drat.

2% is close enough to really wrench your guts out isn't it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

jaegerx posted:

CNN called it Cruz

Still a bunch of votes out though.

gently caress.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I said this earlier in the thread, but I am loving Abbott, Dan Patrick, Cruz etc. getting this extremely rude wake-up call. They are not good at handling it, no matter how much money they throw at social media handlers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CNN calling Allred. Sessions out. That's something.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Beto for Speaker of the House.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
NYT called it.

Good bye Skex.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Drone Jett posted:

Yes, close in Texas is worth more than some wins elsewhere.

"Abandon all hope elsewhere in hopes of courting the ohian kawasaki rider demographic" has been such a great winning strategy for the past 2 decades.

Captain Monkey posted:

Sorry toxx for beto guy.

F

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have respect for John Cornyn. Whether it was he or a page manager I interacted with on Facebook, he directly engaged me when I had questions about legislation, providing full documentation from the legislature's .gov site, along with the bill text.

It has been really hard for me to speak ill of him for that reason. He knows exactly how to not be a loving suck on the internet/to the public.

I'm sure his voting record is terrible or something though.

Ted Cruz on the other hand is an idiot greasy piece of poo poo who pays security firms that speak poor english and mostly in emojis to gently caress with commentors on his page.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah Beto blew it by not appealing to the center, just ask more successful conservative Democratic statewide candidates such as

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

disjoe posted:

Yeah Beto blew it by not appealing to the center, just ask more successful conservative Democratic statewide candidates such as

I dunno, Donnelly, Mcaskill, and Heitkamp did awesome by playing to the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There’s still a lot of votes not counted yet right?

RIGHT???