Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I’m playing junk and posting rubbish, you’d better come stop me

this was actually good too. but i don't know what anybody is talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anyway i need a new switch game and i can't decide between splatoon 2 and buying BOTW again, a game i have already put 300+ hours into on the wii u.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2 kicks rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/995831060826030080

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2 kicks rear end.

:hai:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Nice.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna buy one if the SNK games that's on the Switch. Which one should I get? Samurai Showdown looks sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I wanna buy one if the SNK games that's on the Switch. Which one should I get? Samurai Showdown looks sick

samsho pwns, metal slug 3 is great, but the right answer is neo turf masters

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

samsho pwns, metal slug 3 is great, but the right answer is neo turf masters

I agree

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Magical Drop 3

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GameCube posted:

anyway i need a new switch game and i can't decide between splatoon 2 and buying BOTW again, a game i have already put 300+ hours into on the wii u.

Splatoon 2 is incredible. You also have Hyrule Warriors coming soon if you didn't already play that on Wii U and then Mario Tennis Aces which is maybe my most anticipated Switch game right now

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

The rarest and most prestigious of Nintendo Switch accessories are the black joycons. Aside from the color, they're no different from any other joycons, but the device they're attached to is special. These beauties are not available at retail, but are only distributed as part of a Switch devkit. Thus they can only be acquired by the most formidable of Nintendo likers, who swear a sacred vow to use their powers to give games back to the system.

:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wild Arms 3 didn't grab me like I thought it would so I finally picked up Breath of the Wild

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Wild Arms 3 didn't grab me like I thought it would so I finally picked up Breath of the Wild

You're in for a colossal adventure. Enjoy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I managed to make it this far without seeing more than like 5 minutes of this game and I'm already loving it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cursed image

https://twitter.com/november17/status/995513267375177730

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get all this stuff up here and then realized I could just grab the chest

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get all this stuff up here and then realized I could just grab the chest

I love breath of the wild. The puzzles have so many solutions because of the game's physics. I always learn something new

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh man lol I can't believe you haven't played this yet. Have fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I bought Mario Rabbids in the sale today..... it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/996205658105040896

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

John Wick : Yeah...... I'm thinkin I'm back

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

goferchan posted:

I bought Mario Rabbids in the sale today..... it's good

yeah I need to finish that. I think I finished world 2 and put it down

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also playing BotW for the first time. Everything suddenly got dark, and I thought maybe it was a storm or something. It was a cloud passing in front of the sun. The clouds are rendered, and they can realistically block the sun. This is insane to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first shrine I found off the plateau was this interlocking web of boulder puzzles that required every rune and I found a sword 5x stronger than anything I had encountered before so I tried to fight a guardian and got obliterated. This game is incredible, I love that that tutorial section ended and I still feel like there's so many systems and layers to uncover every few feet. And I think I've seen like one other person so far

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have one very small guideline which, if you wish to read it sooner rather than later, will probably enhance your enjoyment: I recommend that you focus on following the main questline until you get the camera power.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also playing BotW for the first time. Everything suddenly got dark, and I thought maybe it was a storm or something. It was a cloud passing in front of the sun. The clouds are rendered, and they can realistically block the sun. This is insane to me.

lol my dude you can wear metal armor, wait for a thunderstorm, and then go in the water and if lightning hits the water all the fish come bubbling up

they thought of everything in this loving game

people will be discovering more poo poo like that a decade from now

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

botw is epic.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

please stop spoiling botw for me :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry. Is there a botw thread that didn't slip into archives

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GameCube posted:

one time i wandered a building at my college for nearly an hour because i could faintly hear somebody listening to the cowboy bebop soundtrack and i thought i was about to make a new friend. long story short my ipod's play button got pressed in my pocket, and i did not make any friends in college

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Sorry. Is there a botw thread that didn't slip into archives

Post one, i kinda want to start a NG on hero mode and i'll play through again. Also my big basically spoiler free tip is its really ttempting to just climb the mountains and go to a linear path towards whatever your destination is, but don't neglect checking out the roads even if they're less direct/efficient. Lots of NPCs hang out there that you'll miss otherwise

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also if you don't own the DLC it's all totally worth it. A lot of the big content is later/endgame stuff but there are also some cool treasure hunts included for items and outfits with sick unique effects that you can basically acquire as soon as you're able to hun them down

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hahahahah

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I should really finish BotW. I might need to buy the DLC so I can see where I haven't been on the map yet since I stalled out at ~100 shrines. Hard to imagine where else to check but I'll still pick it up for an hour or so every so often and find a shrine. Little victories.

goferchan posted:

Post one, i kinda want to start a NG on hero mode and i'll play through again. Also my big basically spoiler free tip is its really ttempting to just climb the mountains and go to a linear path towards whatever your destination is, but don't neglect checking out the roads even if they're less direct/efficient. Lots of NPCs hang out there that you'll miss otherwise

I spoiled myself on exactly one thing in the game so far and it was Hetsu's location. I climbed over the mountains to get to Kakariko at the beginning of the game instead of taking the road and was nearly 70 hours in before I realized I still hadn't found him... It's kind of incredible that the game even lets you do that however.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my dudes. he made it a full year without spoilers, stop throwing them at him now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fungah! posted:

my dudes. he made it a full year without spoilers, stop throwing them at him now

This.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao