Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Sounds boring. Stop frittering your life away and try some social activities.

Oooohhh sorry I stepped on your board game toes! Those first three activities are social ones though, like you can't collect taxidermy without going to Safari Club meetings. And then those people are actually interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Something about disdain for board games while collecting dead animals is hilarious.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
♪ Tale as old as time ♪

quote:

Me [34 M] with my girlfriend [33 F Kate] 2.5 years, Thinking about ending things over open relationship

Kate and I have been dating for 2.5 years. We met on tinder. Probably not the best place to meet someone for a ltr, but oh well. I'm pretty busy and having just finished my residency 3 years ago; I was pretty busy looking to establish my practice. Kate and I have/had a pretty good relationship. She's funny in a quirky way and very attractive. We both enjoying travelling and have several hobbies in common.

As I said I am pretty busy because I am still early on in my career. Kate never really liked the number hours I worked and felt like we did not have enough time together. So a little over a year ago she suggested an open relationship. I had never really considered such an idea before, but I have never been the jealous type so I thought why not. She was able to find other partners easily. I however am pretty busy and really do not have the time to do so. The past few months she has been talking about marriage. So I really sat down and thought and essentially meditated over our relationship. I now feel a certain level of disgust about the whole thing not in a jealous or angry way, but in a detatched way. I know she has no idea about how I feel; my bad for not communicating earlier. I am not sure how to even approach this topic with her or if there's even a chance of the relationship surviving.

tldr; Girlfriend and i are in an open relationship, upon reflection i feel disgusted thinking about ending things not sure what to do

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pick posted:

Oooohhh sorry I stepped on your board game toes! Those first three activities are social ones though, like you can't collect taxidermy without going to Safari Club meetings. And then those people are actually interesting.

Yeah I bet. I love going out for a beer and talking about my collection of dead animals with my friends.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I sculpt art from carcasses, I have a few good friends who enjoy chatting about my creations, and when they inevitably try to get away from my socialization, well, more material

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Coworker (40sF) discovered I (]35F) don't like a band, now won't stop harassing me about it.

This is petty and stupid. Pretty much just the title. The Beatles came up and I said something like, "Oh, I don't care for them." which a coworker heard, and now she won't let it go. She grilled me for about 30 minutes on it (Why don't you like them? That song isn't their best....have you heard all of their albums? Don't you understand the important role they played in music? etc.) and then spent about 20 minutes castigating me for possibly being so ignorant as to not like The Beatles. She even sent me emails about how I should like them. I finally responded with "Fine, I understand their musical significance, and what a great contribution they've made to music in general, but just like you're not required to like old films that made huge advances in cinematography, I don't have to like the Beatles."

Since then, she's brought it up at least once a week (like, "It's okay, I'm still your friend even though you don't like The Beatles"). I've stopped accepting rides from her and started bussing just to avoid this topic. Today she got the entire department to start attacking me about not liking the stupid Beatles. What can I say to make her shut up? I don't even care that much - I don't hate them (well at least I didn't until now), I just don't like them. I want to stay friendly with her, but I want her to drop this stupid thing.

I've asked her why she cares so much, and she insists she doesn't, but then follows up with, "It's just....how can you not like The Beatles?" which starts the entire rant about how great they are over again.

TL;DR Coworker discovered I don't like The Beatles and won't stop trying to convince me I'm wrong. How do I get her to stop in a friendlier way than stabbing her in the face the next time she brings it up?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The entire point of a board or card game is an excuse to sit down and socialize while having an activity to bind the whole thing together. If you ain't chatting while scooting your plastic mans around or forming a good hand, it's better to not play.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah I bet. I love going out for a beer and talking about my collection of dead animals with my friends.

That actually sounds rad as gently caress.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

We met on tinder.
redflag.gif

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gaunab posted:

♪ Tale as old as time ♪

"We don't spend enough time together. What if I split my free time even more by adding a few side pieces?"

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I sympathize with this cause the Beatles do in fact suck dick

Just play all the really embarrassing metal covers of Beatles songs over and over again going "Oh yeah, I totally see the appeal, now!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pvt.Scott posted:

The entire point of a board or card game is an excuse to sit down and socialize while having an activity to bind the whole thing together. If you ain't chatting while scooting your plastic mans around or forming a good hand, it's better to not play.

Wisdom. Tabletop games are inherently social activities. Anyone who ignores either aspect sucks. This goes for both the trubo sperg who smells bad and just wants to WIN as well as the socialite who chats non-stop and obviously doesn't care about the actual game.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
It also depends on the game. I'm pretty competitive, and some games with a group of other competitive players are an unfun activity, or become one after too many plays. Other games are fine, though. Question of picking the right game.

That deal with the mom & dad sounds perfectly fine to sit through for a 30-60 minute game of Hearts, but a 5 hour long Star Trek game? gently caress that. Actually, gently caress that with any group of players.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm kind of competitive to a fault and one time we were playing risk with someone who instead of saying where he was attacking would tap his index finger hard on where he was intending and I swear I just about loving lost it on him

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Griefor posted:

That deal with the mom & dad sounds perfectly fine to sit through for a 30-60 minute game of Hearts, but a 5 hour long Star Trek game? gently caress that. Actually, gently caress that with any group of players.

Cmon you know mom is gonna feed him the jack of hearts when he's trying to shoot the moon.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

poopnanners posted:

deviantart/playdough, masturbation, necrophelia, hentai

:same:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I love how that guy is disgusted, BUT NOT JEALOUS. Jealousy is only for weak people.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Please don't go on these pages long derails

quote:

Can I [20 M] get some advice after I accidentally got diarreah on my friend's [20 M] couch?

Long story short, I was sitting on a friend's couch and I got the strong urge to "go". I ran out the door and went home as fast as I could (about 5 mins away). After I had finished , I went back over to his house and noticed that I had accidentally left a spot on his couch. It's not much, but it's a wet spot of about 3×1 inches.

I didn't know what to do or say, so I thought that if I could do something to draw attention away from it that I may be able to cover it up and him be none the wiser. So I acted like I accidentally spilled about 1/2 a liter of Dr. Pepper on the spot, and then I got a towel to clean it up. I don't think the stench was all that strong, and tbh I think the stuff that seeped through my pants was sort of light, so it wasn't as bad as you may be thinking. But in my small amount of experimentation I realized you can definitely smell it if you get really close to it (which would mean people would for sure smell it on their hands, but I'm not so sure about just smelling it sitting there.) After I poured the Dr pepper on it and it was still moist I ran my nose over the area and couldn't smell anything. But I don't know if it'll linger after the Dr pepper scent goes away. My friend doesn't use that couch himself, so I'm hoping the smell, with help/distraction from the Dr pepper, will be gone in the next couple of days before anyone would notice.

If it had been worse I would have told him. But it was pretty light (more water than anything) and it only got on the couch through my pants, so it wasn't direct contact. And since you basically had to have your nose a couple of inches away ti smell anything, and I couldn't smell anything after spilling the Dr pepper, the only fear I have is that someone will put their hand on that area and will smell it on their hands. I think that's the only way I'll be caught. Sure, one might could smell it if they put their nose directly against it and breathed deeply, but who would do that?

I feel awful for doing it, but I really do think that it will be best for both parties involved if those things I did can make the smell go away and hide it. I just don't know how long it'll take for the smell to go away to the point where it wouldn't rub off on peoples' hands. If it's 24 hours or so then I think I'm in the clear, because, again, it wasn't much at all and it wasn't as, well, "strong" as it coukd have been. But what do you guys think? Will my precautions be enough, or should I do something else? An again, please keep in mind that the smell wasn't very strong. You coukd only smell it if you got close, and I couldn't smell it through the Dr pepper.

tl;dr: I accidentally got some light diarreah on my friends couch, spilled dr pepper over it to covet my tracks, and am wondering if that's enough or if there's more I should try to do.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I have so many questions

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

"The Beatles, though I'm not massive on them, did have a massive impact on its genre at the time. Much like Gangnam Style did 3/4 years ago, but you don't hear me harping on about that crap do you?"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, the friend is cool with a giant Dr. Pepper stain. Why not just loving clean it?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

quote:

I don't think the stench was all that strong, and tbh I think the stuff that seeped through my pants was sort of light, so it wasn't as bad as you may be thinking. But in my small amount of experimentation I realized you can definitely smell it if you get really close to it
lmao

the image of this guy in shitstained pants fumbling with a bottle of Dr. Pepper is beautiful

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I felt a strong urge to go means you poo poo your pants? wtf

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

why didn't he just use his friends bathroom

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
My [20M] best friend keeps rubbing his fingers on my [20M] couch and sniffing them and I don't know what to do.

I hope that one is up next.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Couch Pooper posted:

I don't have any money to pay him. And while I am aware if health hazards, the fact is that feces is minimally toxic, and so as long as it was cleaned up, and it was certainly wiped up to the point where all that's left has been soaked in, there shouldn't be any health hazard left in regards to causing bodily harm.

Oh my goddd

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The concept of the dude playing Diarrhea James Bond with his loving bottle of Dr. Pepper is just destroying me. Where was the friend in all this? And does his friend, like... not have a bathroom? Or is he one of those people who have crippling anxiety about using someone else's bathroom?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
And even if you spill pop, being such a buffoon to spill an entire half litre is an impressive feat

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

The concept of the dude playing Diarrhea James Bond with his loving bottle of Dr. Pepper is just destroying me. Where was the friend in all this? And does his friend, like... not have a bathroom? Or is he one of those people who have crippling anxiety about using someone else's bathroom?

quote:

I don't think it would have been a good idea to do what I did in another person's bathroom. Going home wasn't better for me, but it was better for him I'm sure. And I don't have any money to pay him, so I'm afraid that isn't an option.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also where was the friend during this whole process of the dude making GBS threads, running away, coming back in, spilling doctor pepper on the couch and then sitting there holding his nose to the couch at varying distances wouldnt that sort of raise some questions?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gaunab posted:

I don't think it would have been a good idea to do what I did in another person's bathroom. Going home wasn't better for me, but it was better for him I'm sure. And I don't have any money to pay him, so I'm afraid that isn't an option.

Does this dude have acidic hell shits, or what? Why do people think that having an unpleasant/urgent bowel movement in someone else's bathroom is somehow a heinous crime? Then again, this dude seems vague on "clean up your mess instead of creating a camouflage mess," so...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

also where was the friend during this whole process of the dude making GBS threads, running away, coming back in, spilling doctor pepper on the couch and then sitting there holding his nose to the couch at varying distances wouldnt that sort of raise some questions?

Look we ain't exactly dealing with the world's savviest right here

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

quote:

I [28F] got dog poop bags for Xmas from my [31M] BF. Should I talk to him about it, or am I just an ungrateful snob?

So gift giving is one of the ways I think people show how much they care about one another. I've been with my BF for a little over a year. I get my BF some pretty thoughtful stuff because I don't care much at all about monetary value. I actually usually make him some cool stuff, ie. crocheted blanket, tree branch coasters.... among other things he actually asks for.

So for a little background, he got me a coffee maker for my birthday (I didn't drink coffee at that time but started afterwards) and then a couple months later for our anniversary he got me steak spice (I don't eat steak).

Now for Christmas I thought it was pretty obvious I'd have to tell him something specific that I wanted, so I did on three separate occasions, even told him where he could get it and specific colour and price (it's a necklace under $40). And a few other things so he could have options. Christmas morning came and I gave him stuff he loved and then I got to his present and I open it to see dog poop bags in a carrying case that hooks onto a leash... these are useful because I do have a dog. But I feel like I'm a huge jerk for being disappointed. Maybe I'm even more disappointed because I saw what he got for his sister and his mom, and he got them things I asked for, like really really nice things.

I know gifts shouldn't be super important, but really all I wanted was a simple cheap necklace just so that I could wear it everyday and be reminded of him and feel like he loves me, but I'm not so sure about that. He has a good job and makes good money so it's not like he can't afford it.

Should I bring this up to him? I don't want to seem like a selfish monster (maybe I am), and I don't want to make him feel bad.

tl;dr: my bf got me poop bags for Xmas and it makes me feel like he doesn't love/care about me. Should I tell him?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm kind of competitive to a fault and one time we were playing risk with someone who instead of saying where he was attacking would tap his index finger hard on where he was intending and I swear I just about loving lost it on him

I don't really relate to this. I'm "competitive" in the sense that I'd like to win and I try to win instead of just bullshitting, but I don't care if I lose. I play board games with friends that I get along with, so there's really no tension to boil over in the first place.

I don't think it's "being competitive" that's the problem as much as it is putting your desire to win over decency

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He probably sharted

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pick's social circle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777vJrssQL8&t=10s

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

When I think of what makes my SO happy, it usually involves her picking up a dogs warm poo poo from the ground

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

When I think of what makes my SO happy, it usually involves her picking up a dogs warm poo poo from the ground

just like the classic beatles track "happiness is a warm turd"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

doesn't have to be warm. could be someone elses' dog.

he's got a scavenger hunt planned, how romantic!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

doesn't have to be warm. could be someone elses' dog.

he's got a scavenger hunt planned, how romantic!

Inside a dog turd is an engagement ring, and there can only be one Turd of the Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Coffee maker, steak spice, dog poop bags
A true romantic