Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had heard stuff about how the Vikings might be able to keep Hunter in the offseason but lmao not after that contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Yeah with a contract like that, I see why the Lions didn't try to pursue him.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

Well the lions were not going to offer a first. That's for sure.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Danny LaFever posted:

God we better not. We are better than in a long time but there are still big holes, especially at WR, and thos banked first rounders could be huge.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I don't particularly believe in Poles and definitely don't believe in Flus.

I keep going back and forth on Poles. I think he handled this right, but there are a lot of things that have me scratching my head. If JJ gets extended I'll feel a lot better about the whole thing.

Bring in MJH and Bowers next draft and this team could be really interesting with a new, competent coaching staff.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Bears are going to pass on Bowers because they love Kmet

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Danny LaFever posted:

Yeah contract aside, I figured if they wanted to really talk to them about Sweat they could've offered a 2 and a 4, or a 2 and a 3 since we have 2. Now, I'm not as butthurt over it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Comfortador posted:

Fine with me to not get a player who wanted or was able to negotiate that much money and especially that much guaranteed money. Basically the only current Lions player I'd be comfortable giving numbers at all similar to that is Goff.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

trevorreznik posted:

Bears are going to pass on Bowers because they love Kmet

They are both tight ends, but they play different positions within that role.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

I had heard stuff about how the Vikings might be able to keep Hunter in the offseason but lmao not after that contract

What Vikings can't give Hunter $25M/yr and Jefferson $30K/yr and Kirk $35M/yr? Oh Darrisaw needs money too soon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirPablo posted:

What Vikings can't give Hunter $25M/yr and Jefferson $30K/yr and Kirk $35M/yr? Oh Darrisaw needs money too soon.

is 30K/yr even a livable wage

serious response: coming off the injury I think if Kirk comes back it's for like half of what you suggested

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
One Packer Td in the first half would be nice. Hell, they couldn’t manage a first down last week. Mlf can’t cut it without Rodgers it seems.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Erainor posted:

One Packer Td in the first half would be nice. Hell, they couldn’t manage a first down last week. Mlf can’t cut it without Rodgers it seems.

Sorry, but I've been reviewing the contract you made with Satan for two back to back HoF quarterbacks and it clearly states you are only allowed to score field goals intermittently in the first half for the next ten years.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I don't think Kirk is coming back at all. When a qb tears their acl around this time next year will be the next time you seriously hear his name in a conversation again.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

By then Hall is going to be really good or the team will be drafting someone who has the promise of being really good. Either way Kirk would be in the way of future progress. It's too bad, Kirk was playing well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Russini says many there want him back and they'll try to extend him

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1720861086616809552

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That's basically what every other source I've been hearing has said, as well. By the sound of things, the locker room loves Cousins, which would certainly be worth bringing him back. Even if you think you've got your new prospect of the future, Cousins would be a heck of a veteran to learn behind.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
There may be other teams out there, given how bad QB plays is, that will overpay for a 36 year old coming off the ACL injury. Can MN afford to be that team? Kirk will still get $25M AAV but it'll be way more incentives.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Someone will give Cousins a $20-30 million dollar deal. I assume it will be the Vikings since they are completely incapable of thinking longterm at QB. They haven’t drafted a viable replacement and they seem against bottoming out for a high pick.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/status/1721014746781294667?t=M8ndLBMxjMjXYJ6osbn_zg&s=19

34 years ago

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Cousins needs to leave the Vikings so they can sign Rodgers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rodgers isn't signing with the Vikings even if Cousins vacated. The Jets are like half former Green Bay players/coaches at this point, all hand-picked by him.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sataere posted:

Sorry, but I've been reviewing the contract you made with Satan for two back to back HoF quarterbacks and it clearly states you are only allowed to score field goals intermittently in the first half for the next ten years.

The Fall of the House of Packers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Rodgers isn't signing with the Vikings even if Cousins vacated. The Jets are like half former Green Bay players/coaches at this point, all hand-picked by him.

:lol:

Imagine striving to be like the Packers of the last 5-10 years. :lmao:

Aiming for a ceiling of getting bounced from the playoffs in an embarrassing fashion, coming up short of a Super Bowl appearance again and again and again! :roflolmao:

:sigh:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Packer tickets are like 35 dollars today lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SKULL.GIF posted:

The farvening must be completed

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

PneumonicBook posted:

Might as well go, that’s cheap as hell

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PneumonicBook posted:

Ugh. The weather hasn’t even gotten bad yet. Barring a miraculous turnaround, Matt LaFleur is getting fired after the season just because the money’s going to start drying up.

I think Gutekunst stays around until Mark Murphy retires though, which totally sucks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Ugh. The weather hasn’t even gotten bad yet.

It's not bad yet, but it's pretty cool outside and it's supposed to start raining a bit into the afternoon.

The biggest thing is so far there's just no reason or excitement to watch the team. Nothing is on an upwards trajectory right now.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not bad yet, but it's pretty cool outside and it's supposed to start raining a bit into the afternoon.

The biggest thing is so far there's just no reason or excitement to watch the team. Nothing is on an upwards trajectory right now.

You guys really wouldn’t survive being a lions fan.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr. Lunchables posted:

You guys really wouldn’t survive being a lions fan.

Lambeau made it through the 70s and 80s, I think we'll be fine. I'm just providing a hypothesis for why tickets are cheap right now. Hype is at decades low.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1721200147936297454

This one's kinda win-win for me.

If the Packers win, the Rams get a better pick, hooray.
If the Rams win, lmao, the Packers lost to Brett Rypien.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

Everybody apologize to Dexo.

Sorry Dexo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers inactives

LB Quay Walker
DB Rudy Ford
LB Brenton Cox Jr.
OL Caleb Jones
WR Samori Toure

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looking a little bit into the future, it would be funny if the Packers decided the Love experiment wasn't working out after the 2024 season and decided to draft a QB in the 2025 NFL draft.

Why's that, you ask?

Green Bay is hosting the 2025 draft.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KRoseSharkey/status/1721205695943467183

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

If the Rams win, lmao, the Packers lost to Brett Rypien.

It's very possible!

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1721206802715439574

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Finally got my trainer set up - gonna bike a bunch of miles during bad football. It's gonna own.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

Finally got my trainer set up - gonna bike a bunch of miles during bad football. It's gonna own.

This is what I do with my rower. Throw on redzone and just churn away at distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

None of those DBs are on the Rams tho???