Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum do you think Kasich will be dropping out before Michigan? Is there a possibility he'll strike some deal to drop out and endorse Rubio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jeb Bush ran a campaign like he was in the Republican primary of 1992

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rocks posted:

Joementum do you think Kasich will be dropping out before Michigan? Is there a possibility he'll strike some deal to drop out and endorse Rubio?

Personally, I'm willing to bet Kasich hates Michigan and their lovely rear end stadium.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

I doubt he'll cut a deal. He's going to run out of cash sometime this week and has no way to raise more of it. The idea that he'll be actively campaigning when we get to MI seems like a stretch.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
But... I buckled my seat belt...

CalvinCoolidge
Dec 27, 2008

The Saurus posted:

The same number of votes black people will have under his presidency

Woah man, Trump isn't a "Bernie Bro". He respects the plight of African Americans and believes in their ability to think for themselves.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Makes me think that Ted Cruz is a colossal rear end in a top hat who fires his staff on TV without talking to them first.

Yeah, I mean, amid all the questions of "why fire this guy now," we must not lose track of the fact that everybody, left and right, hates Cruz for a reason

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Do It Once Right posted:

He was never, ever running for President. He was only ever running for office of high priest of America Religiosity. It's just that nobody ever told him that that office doesn't exist and has never actually existed.

It would under a Kasich presidency...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CubsWoo posted:

Trump gets 43% of Cruz's voters compared to 36% Rubio if Cruz drops, so basically yes.

The better column is Bush's voters almost equally going to Rubio and Trump

This was expected given the way Cruz managed to convince his party that he's not a politician and not from a family of immigrants. His support comes from some evangelicals but mainly just angry whites who hate the fact that other people vote, really hate faceless immigrants, and want to elect someone who would build the Berlin wall along the US/MX border while interning or deporting anyone suspected of being a Muslim. Cruz got like 70% of the way there on a plume of high-pressure bullshit but Trump showed up with a bullshit-powered Saturn V rocket. Cruz might retain a core of televangelist adherents and whoever hangs on out of spite but Trump is delivering retail-grade fucko populism with a dash of Algerite vicarious wealth to really sell it. Cruz has no chance, he doesn't even have a helicopter with his name on it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The Saurus posted:

Joementum, how much does being an establishment shill who desperately denies reality pay?

What's the point of attacking Joementum now? He's already said he'll admit Trump has a chance if he wins Super Tuesday, and if you're a true believer in the Trumpenreich you'd consider that a certainty.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I did not realize the GOP is doing a debate on CNN/Telemundo Thursday

:munch:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
LOL Master Shake starting off his show bashing Rubio and calling him "Alinskyite." Rubio, Cruz and their supporters are going to tear eachother apart while Trump sits back and laughs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I did not realize the GOP is doing a debate on CNN/Telemundo Thursday

:munch:

Oh an isometric endurance competition, neat.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xenophon posted:

Yeah, I mean, amid all the questions of "why fire this guy now," we must not lose track of the fact that everybody, left and right, hates Cruz for a reason

Cruz is Eli Sunday from There Will Be Blood and Donald Trump is going to beat him to death with a loving bowling pin

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I doubt he'll cut a deal. He's going to run out of cash sometime this week and has no way to raise more of it. The idea that he'll be actively campaigning when we get to MI seems like a stretch.

How to raise more $: "Donate or I'll endorse Trump. I swear to god I'll do it."

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
One: Rubio
Big: Trump
rear end: Cruz
Mistake: Kasich
America: Jeb
! : Carson

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MaxxBot posted:

LOL Master Shake starting off his show bashing Rubio and calling him "Alinskyite." Rubio, Cruz and their supporters are going to tear eachother apart while Trump sits back and laughs.

It's really impressive how he's came in and just flipped all the poo poo on it's head with relative ease.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

What's the point of attacking Joementum now? He's already said he'll admit Trump has a chance if he wins Super Tuesday, and if you're a true believer in the Trumpenreich you'd consider that a certainty.

because this thread will be perfect when we've run off everyone adding content/analysis to the thread, of course

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cruz comm guy should have bent the knee and endorsed Trump instead of leaving the interview like a low energy loser, just my humble opinion.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Cruz is Eli Sunday from There Will Be Blood and Donald Trump is going to beat him to death with a loving bowling pin

Marco Rubio: Ryan Gosling
Ted Cruz: Kristin Scott Thomas
John Kasich: Tom Burke
Dr. Ben Carson: Yayaying Rhatha Phongam
Donald Trump: Vithaya Pansringarm

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

Makes me think that Ted Cruz is a colossal rear end in a top hat who fires his staff on TV without talking to them first.

Telling people they're fired is an important step. So par for the course this election

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My Imaginary GF posted:

How to raise more $: "Donate or I'll endorse Trump. I swear to god I'll do it."

Pretty sure they would welcome that. A Kasich endorsement would lose Trump some support. Neutral at best.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/701908247796645888

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lote posted:

One: Rubio
Big: Trump
rear end: Cruz
Mistake: Kasich
America: Jeb
! : Carson

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Rubio: Tarantino
Cruz: Polanski
Kasich: Scorsese
Carson: Malick
Trump: Refn

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Joementum posted:

Is there a source or is this based on his burn rate? I know he spent >2 million in January and only had about 1.5 left at the end of January.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Saurus posted:

Every single Marbo Rubio headline I've glanced since South Carolina has been "How Marco Rubio turned things around", "Why Rubio is the real winner in South Carolina" and so on. It's such a joke, reminds me of the desperate coverage of Jeremy Corbyn last year. I love how the establishment just says what the desperately want to be true in the media as if it will make it so.

It's always worked for Fox until Trump happened

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nachos posted:

Is there a source or is this based on his burn rate? I know he spent >2 million in January and only had about 1.5 left at the end of January.

Yeah, just my assumption based on his last filing and rate of spending. I'm guessing he's stopped advertising so he can just pay staff and travel costs.

Also, the Herald just endorsed Rubio.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Obviously these are good results if Rubio wants a VP or cabinet position.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Cool crosspost:

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Times does an analysis of how Jeb! blew through $130 million conservabucks. It's a fun read.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Yeah, just my assumption based on his last filing and rate of spending. I'm guessing he's stopped advertising so he can just pay staff and travel costs.

Also, the Herald just endorsed Rubio.

I would think that Kasich would get some more money now that the options are Trump, Cruz, a robot and friend bear?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

MaxxBot posted:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/stop-the-lies-marco

:getin:

Oh he's just getting started. His show is going full gently caress RUBIO, and will be full gently caress RUBIO until the convention.

E: Levin feels personally burned by Rubio. Levin helped Rubio win his senate seat(at least in his mind) so this is a betrayal, especially after Rubio blew off the CR event Levin hosted last week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

Obviously these are good results if Rubio wants a VP or cabinet position.

If the front runner was someone who would actually give him one, then yeah that would be a good plan. Donald Trump isn't going to make any of his opponents members of his cabinet or staff and he has no reason to do so.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hobbesmaster posted:

I would think that Kasich would get some more money now that the options are Trump, Cruz, a robot and friend bear?

I doubt it, since we're seeing every Republican with a pulse endorsing Rubio today.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
No. Don't. Quit attacking Republicans, Ted and Marco. Stop. Please.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I doubt it, since we're seeing every Republican with a pulse endorsing Rubio today.

That's not true: Trump has yet to endorse anyone other than Trump.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

keep em coming plz

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

In retrospect I have come out loving Jeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Joementum posted:

Not completely true, Kasich got a key endorsement from a pro-choice former governer!

• Locked thread