Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Well yeah it was just The Giver and A Separate Peace

Like, look at the Newbery winners up until the 70s and all the "YA" level books are historical fiction. Oh look, another book about a pioneer boy. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

Where The Red Fern Grows: Go home and hug your dog.

:cry:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Let's do one sentence summations of public school books. A Separate Peace: "Ambiguously gay and probably going to die in Europe whoops my broken leg killed me first."

Ender's Game: Does he want to bang his sister?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Some filthy piss smelling bum on a bicycle ran into the side of my dad-van and mildly dented and scratched it.

loving Portland.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Catch-22: The reason I never enlisted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I found my nuts guys.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Let's do one sentence summations of public school books. A Separate Peace: "Ambiguously gay and probably going to die in Europe whoops my broken leg killed me first."

A catcher in the rye: Entitled jackass musings, gently caress you this book sucks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

A catcher in the rye: Entitled jackass musings, gently caress you this book sucks.

I think it's good as long as you don't read it thinking you're supposed to identify with or even like the narrator.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Let's do one sentence summations of public school books.
The Great Gatsby: Managing to make being a bootlegging millionaire in the Roaring 20s surrounded by drama, intrigue, and murder-suicides sound like a complete drag.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

All Quiet on the Western Front: You and all of your friends are going to die in war.

A Farewell to Arms: You are going to wish you had died with all of your friends in the war.

The Sound and The Fury: The South will never rise again because the one decent soul in rural Mississippi is the castrated retard.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The Ballad of the Sad Café: Never trust a hunchback.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Equus: a dude was really REALLY in love with horses then ripped out his eyes for the lulz.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Do schools really have Equus in the English curriculum?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The Bible: Nobody fucks with the Jesus

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

Do schools really have Equus in the English curriculum?

The place where I went to school had 10+ horse farms in the area/there was students REALLY into horses.
So yes. Precautionary tale of not touching horses or else you'll rip out your eyes were deemed necessary by the school system.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

suboptimal posted:

The Bible: Nobody fucks with the Jesus

I mean, except for the romans

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Red Storm Rising: Weather wet dreams

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

Red Storm Rising: Weather wet dreams

If we're going to be retarded like Godholio, well then I get to summarize something from his Special Education classes.

The Super Dictionary: Lex Luthor stole 40 cakes, and Lois Lane worked all night long.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

My trip to Mt. Washington this weekend:

At first, the weather was good:

Then, it became less good:

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 2, 2017

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Vasudus posted:

welp lads i've become everything i hate

kids from the local high school football team were outside my coffee shop asking for donations

i say no thanks

kid being a smartass says 'yeah, no cash right?' and i tell him that i work in traumatic brain injury research and there's no way i would support football

kid looks at me like i'm from mars

i say 'google CTE in the NFL' and go inside to get my breakfast

come outside and the kid is sitting down buried in his phone looking distressed

it's me, i'm the latte sipping liberal that ruins everything

That's frikken awesome. I brainwashed my son against foobble and he turned out to be the strongest kid in the weight room. They used to beg him to suit up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LostCosmonaut posted:

My trip to Mt. Washington this weekend:

At first, the weather was good:

Then, it became less good:

I'd loving kill for a snow shower right now.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'd take the snow. Can keep the wind, though, yeesh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, those horizontal icicles are making my balls shrink up just looking at it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Been two days since I've ran the AC. Summer is pretty much over here in Chicago.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Since it's so nice out (college town outside of Chicago, topped at maybe 75F today) I went out in the garage and buttoned the interior in my RX-4 back up from when I was pulling the radio and doing some rewiring. I decided that the $400-odd that would go to getting the original radio rebuilt is instead better suited to going towards a street port when I get the rotary rebuilt.

:getin:

Still have to sort out registration issues from California and get it registered in IL, but this'll be the winter I get it back to road-ready status. I've still got a laundry list of poo poo I need to replace before that happens, though.

Definitely want a new exhaust without the thermal reactor so I can spit flames on deceleration, but that's probably a project for next year with all the money issues that California back reg is going to give me.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Watched most of the amazon prime Tick episodes. It's not bad.
Static electricity lady & roboninja punisher are pretty much Lady Liberty 2.0 & Bat Manuel 2.0, but killey.
Dangerboat the sidekick of robotninja punisher feels like Sewer Urchin: machine intelligence.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Professor Bling posted:

Since it's so nice out (college town outside of Chicago, topped at maybe 75F today) I went out in the garage and buttoned the interior in my RX-4 back up from when I was pulling the radio and doing some rewiring. I decided that the $400-odd that would go to getting the original radio rebuilt is instead better suited to going towards a street port when I get the rotary rebuilt.

:getin:

Still have to sort out registration issues from California and get it registered in IL, but this'll be the winter I get it back to road-ready status. I've still got a laundry list of poo poo I need to replace before that happens, though.

Definitely want a new exhaust without the thermal reactor so I can spit flames on deceleration, but that's probably a project for next year with all the money issues that California back reg is going to give me.

Those RX4s always reminded me of a baby challenger. And oddly they've only ever been that nice blue from the factory or rattlecan black.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've spent the first day of the long weekend with a runny nose and hacking up phlegm. gently caress allergies.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

not caring here posted:

Those RX4s always reminded me of a baby challenger. And oddly they've only ever been that nice blue from the factory or rattlecan black.

Yeah, I've always loved how '70s Japanese imports looked like mini muscle cars. I feel like I hit the lottery finding mine, because it's forest green with a matching sage/forest interior.

I miss when interiors were more than just gray, black, or beige.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm going drinking with two sisters. One I met at grad school orientation. She's hot. Let's hope those genes were shared.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just don't go for both at the same time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

Just don't go for both at the same time.

yolo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

In the same night...

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LingcodKilla posted:

In the same night...

yolo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHkhIjG0DKc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Auralnauts did it better

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My balls are swampy.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

tomorrow it's gonna be 102 in Central oregon. Plan is to get 80 miles of cycling in before it reaches 100.... at 11 A.M...

:(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

My balls are swampy.

Its only 26% humidity your balls will dry out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Related: it was 65 and drizzly here in DC

• Locked thread