Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

You could just call that character Seven like everyone else and not worry about someone accidentally mousing over it, especially when saying something that is otherwise of mostly no consequence like "drat Seven owns."

Also Seven owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

K fine. Seven does own and pretty much gets a permanent spot on my party unless I need a specific layout.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Seven does completely own and is my favorite party member but I hate the vast majority of their equipment

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Story of Seasons is Xseed's fastest selling game at 100k+ since the end of March, and Rune Factory 4 sold over 160k since 2013.

Really puts into perspective how small the benchmark is for a successful game on the 3D.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Awesome! posted:

its cool to have both a 3ds and a vita!

i bought the 3ds first

Are there enough worthwhile games on Vita to buy a Playstation TV? They're on Amazon for $40 and I've wanted to play those Ys games for the longest time that are PSP/Vita exclusive for who knows what reason.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ys Memories of Celceta doesn't work on the PSTV. Dunno about the PSP ones.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
How does streetpassing work in a Nintendo Zone, does the Zone just take your Mii and send it to a random different NZ somewhere on the planet? The way i thought it would work was that you street-pass at a NZ point and the next time someone else enters that specific point, he gets encounters with all the other people who streetpassed in that point, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

raditts posted:

Are there enough worthwhile games on Vita to buy a Playstation TV? They're on Amazon for $40 and I've wanted to play those Ys games for the longest time that are PSP/Vita exclusive for who knows what reason.

i dont know the vita tv is weird with what you can play on it. univbee keeps a list if you ask in the vita thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

raditts posted:

how do you feel about anime babes

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Tae posted:

Story of Seasons is Xseed's fastest selling game at 100k+ since the end of March, and Rune Factory 4 sold over 160k since 2013.

Really puts into perspective how small the benchmark is for a successful game on the 3D.

I'm glad they're doing well, but I don't care about harvest moon I just want more rune factory...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do the Ambassador games transfer?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

like via a system transfer? yes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chill Penguin posted:

Do the Ambassador games transfer?

Yes.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've Got To Run: Complete Edition is apparently 10 cents in honor of Iwata. It's apparently also not a good game.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Fritzler posted:

I've Got To Run: Complete Edition is apparently 10 cents in honor of Iwata. It's apparently also not a good game.

I clicked on the link thinking, "I knew *somebody* would try to profit from it" but then read their statement and, if they're being honest then I get it.

But that comments section. One person acknowledging that this was done in honor of a man passing. All the rest are people glossing over that fact or asking for it to be free...

The best is, "I'm not paying $10 for a game where I run"

I know, comments etc. Etc.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Overemotional Robot posted:

The best is, "I'm not paying $10 for a game where I run"

I know, comments etc. Etc.

But it fulfills a fantasy of your average gamer actually getting up off their rear end and using their now atrophied legs :confused:

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Is there a New 3DS XL charging cradle? I can't seem to find one that explicitly stated it works with the XL.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Overemotional Robot posted:

Is there a New 3DS XL charging cradle? I can't seem to find one that explicitly stated it works with the XL.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560458

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

raditts posted:

I grabbed it for Persona 3 and 4, Tactics Ogre, and various PSOne classics. I've been fairly happy all things considered.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I grabbed it for Persona 3 and 4, Tactics Ogre, and various PSOne classics. I've been fairly happy all things considered.

I grabbed one for this same reason. I have been enjoying it for just that. It helps if you have a controller already though since they are more than the PSTV itself.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I did it guys.

Today, I got all 1502 puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap

I'm free

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I did it guys.

I'm free

🙇 I hope to Streetpass you soon

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sorry for the retarded questions. For Xenoblade, which stuff am I good to sell at the store?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Comrade Flynn posted:

Sorry for the retarded questions. For Xenoblade, which stuff am I good to sell at the store?

Sell old equipment if it doesn't have good slots or gems. Sell old lovely gems. Sell really low-leveled ether crystals if you can get higher ones regularly. Avoid selling collectables unless you have several dozen of one or they're really common

Also remember to put collectables into the Collectapedia. You have to do this manually, and it takes one of them away. The rewards are generally pretty good for completing things in there though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Comrade Flynn posted:

Sell weapons and gems, keep Collectapaedia stuff. You can give it between party members to raise Affinity for Heart-to-Hearts.

edit: Dammit, majormonotone! :argh:

Also, when you reach Colony 6 do the first round of buildings when the sidequests open. It'll net a portable reactor. Take it to the Gem Furnace guy to get a portable Gem Furnace.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 16, 2015

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Oh yeah, almost forgot you can have party members give each other poo poo. Every party member has stuff they like. Shulk likes machines, Dunban hates fruit, etc. I think Seven is the one who likes bugs? I don't even remember.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I have no idea what these lovely little gems even do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Comrade Flynn posted:

I have no idea what these lovely little gems even do.

Stat buffs. You'll make much better ones as you go, and don't sell off Cylinders - you need those to make better gems. (Use them to try and get the number up over 200 to get the Gem up a grade)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some footage from the English build of Popolocrois x Story of Seasons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_t0P5Jg24

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

HenryEx posted:

How does streetpassing work in a Nintendo Zone, does the Zone just take your Mii and send it to a random different NZ somewhere on the planet? The way i thought it would work was that you street-pass at a NZ point and the next time someone else enters that specific point, he gets encounters with all the other people who streetpassed in that point, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
That is how it works, and how I got at least half of the 1502 puzzle pieces the other goon mentioned. Only need about 20 more, better start hitting up all the McDonald's and Home Depots around here...

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I have an original 3DS, planning on buying a new 3DS XL for playing portable multiplayer stuff with my 3 year old son. Should I make a new NNID for the second system? Since I'll have to rebuy a bunch of games anyway.

Also can't decide whether to system transfer or not. Normally I know the answer is yes, but in this case I was thinking that I'd be the one using the XL when multiplayering due to hand size differences but he'd be doing the bulk of the 3DS'ing in total so I'm not sure.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Is the crazy expensive Bikini set worth it early on?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Comrade Flynn posted:

Is the crazy expensive Bikini set worth it early on?

Reyn looks great in it.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Thanks. Was right under my nose.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I did it guys.

I'm free

Time to ascend to a higher plane :smithicide:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I did it guys.

I'm free

But do you have all the hats?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Holy cow. The new Yokai Watch sold 700,000 units in Japan in its first week. The third highest-selling game that week sold 46,000 units.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quest For Glory II posted:

Holy cow. The new Yokai Watch sold 700,000 units in Japan in its first week. The third highest-selling game that week sold 46,000 units.

And it's a spin-off, not even the "real" thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's the real thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fix posted:

What's the real thing?

A monstrous thing that rivals Pokemon on its heyday and is turning Level-5 into a huge, Disney-like corporation.