Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

I find that the PS4 downloads faster in rest mode. When you're using the console, it throttles the hell out of the download speed if you're doing anything involving the internet, which is like 99% of games nowadays since everything has to connect to the internet for no good reason. There's no way of manually throttling downloads on the console though, no, unless you have a router that can do such a thing.

With sharing games, you can set a PS4 to be your primary console for your PSN account. If a console is your primary console, then you can play any games you have purchased through the store even when you're offline. On any other console, you have to log into the account that purchased them to play. So you can play your games on your console, and he can play your games on his console provided he logs in to your account. If you set HIS console to be your primary, he can play your games without logging in as you, but you'd have to be online to play your own games. (I think. It's been a while since I tried this).

Lambert posted:

PS4 downloads slow down significantly as soon as any application is open (even media applications). The system doesn't make it obvious when an application is running. That's why, generally, going into rest mode ensures your PS downloads at the fastest speeds.

If you want to share games with your brother, setup up both of your accounts on both systems and set your own account as "Primary" on the other's PS. That way, the secondary account can play all games purchased with the primary account.

The only disadvantage is that you'll need an active internet connection to play your own games on your own system, so you'll only be able to launch your brother's games during an outage, but not our own.

Ok, thanks for the input on the downloads. It's more or less what I'd assumed.

Regarding the account stuff, from what I've gathered it actually sounds like I should make his console the primary on my account? Because I had done the opposite, and it apparently kicked him out of Netflix of all things with an error message about having no license for that application, which is especially ridiculous considering it's a free application that he already had on his own account.

I think he may have been signed in to my account to play one of my games, though, but he should've been able to play it from his own account, based on what you guys appear to be saying. I would have no problem requiring a network connection on my PS4 to play my own games (both are always connected anyway) as long as that lets him use his console however he wants without having to worry about either person being kicked off due to my account being signed in on the other system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Apparently Bethesda is scorched-earthing the PS3 ports of Doom 1/2, like if you delete them you can't even redownload them just like PT

1.why?
2how is that even legal?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There should be some kind of award for unprecedented, groundbreaking video game publishing moves like making it unappealing to buy Doom 1 and 2

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

1.why?
2how is that even legal?
I assume the first one is just because they're a bunch of jerks. As for the second one, I don't know if that kind of thing has been tested in courts yet. Sometimes I wonder, if Sony just suddenly went under and the PS store went down forever, would they have any legal responsibility towards the thousands of dollars of games I've bought there?

Has that kind of thing happened before?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda as a publisher are generally very good. They throw money at single player games that sell absolutely gently caress all. But this...

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

1.why?
2how is that even legal?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I assume the first one is just because they're a bunch of jerks. As for the second one, I don't know if that kind of thing has been tested in courts yet. Sometimes I wonder, if Sony just suddenly went under and the PSN store went down forever, would they have any legal responsibility towards the thousands of dollars of games I've bought there?

You're looking at ip laws all wrong, how it works is they get to take digital games away any time they want and if you download a torrent or whatever they get to fine you

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Samurai Sanders posted:

How do you mess up a Doom port? Not just in 2019, but anytime in the last 20 years?
Because Bethesda

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Got a unique "Playstation Hits" question if anyone owns Until Dawn in that version: does the disc require a large patch (i.e. it's version 1.00 on the disc), or is it a more recent version?

I googled your question and got a lot of people complaining about how playstation hits are not prepatched but none specifically about until dawn. Namaste

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Samurai Sanders posted:

How do you mess up a Doom port? Not just in 2019, but anytime in the last 20 years?

idk they somehow hosed up Tetris of all games for PS4

I think they eventually patched it, or did they?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're thinoing about getting Doom 1 and 2 do it on gog.com for around $5 total and gzdoom so you can play with online multiplayer, surround sound, lighting effects and cool mods like Sigil, Avactor, and Eviternity. Not supporting half assed ports with messed up music and "sign in to your bethesda account" horse poo poo is just the cherry on top

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

puve posted:

Get Doom 1 and 2 on gog.com for $5 and gzdoom so you can play with online multiplayer, surround sound, lighting effects and cool mods like Sigil, Avactor, and Eviternity. Not supporting half assed ports with messed up music and "sign in to your bethesda account" horse poo poo is just the cherry on top

Okay but are the PS4 versions like this too? Or is it just switch

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no idea and I say with full confidence that it's the exact same

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Lobok posted:

So just like, pouring molasses directly into one's mouth?

Definitely done that so I hope that qualifies me for using the simile.

That or cooking with it. It’s just such a cliche when talking about games. Around 4200 posts that mention walking through molasses in the games forum.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bethesda as a publisher are generally very good.

They popularized microtransaction DLC and I will forever curse them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's like inventing credit default swaps, no matter how much good you do after that you ain't ever getting "Generally good" attached to your rep ever again

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They popularized microtransaction DLC and I will forever curse them

Counterpoint: That time they put all the Oblivion DLC on sale except for the horse armor, which temporarily doubled in price, was pretty drat funny.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
This Tekken 7 love has confused me. As a single player guy who does not play fighting games, should I get Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur 6 (both are heavily on sale)?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably not. Unless you want to start playing fighting games multiplayer then go for it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SlyFrog posted:

This Tekken 7 love has confused me. As a single player guy who does not play fighting games, should I get Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur 6 (both are heavily on sale)?

Mortal Kombat 11

Saying this as someone who genuinely likes playing fighting games single player. It kicks the poo poo out of every other fighting game single player experience.

Between those two though, I would go with Soul Calibur VI if you’re looking purely for single player.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tekken 7 is mechanically the better fighting game but has little single player content of interest.

Soulcalibur has two single-player story modes, one of which could easily take you 10+ hours to finish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken 7 also has two story modes that are plenty long though? Also its a better game with more characters

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you want to play fighting games and don't care about online then spend the money on a Dreamcast instead and burn copies of Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, King of Fighters 2002, and Soul Calibur. If you want a good single player beat em up then hold out for Ninjawarriors or River City Girls which are coming out around the beginning of September

edit: You can play Beats of Rage on the Dreamcast too

pieuvre armement fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 27, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I just want MVC2 on PS4, now that Disney owns Fox they can make it happen, right?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Steve Yun posted:

I just want MVC2 on PS4, now that Disney owns Fox they can make it happen, right?

You can still download it on PS3 so I think it's just Capcom being dumb.

Like I know MvC1 is broken or whatever but it's crazy to me that Capcom releases compilations and ports of stuff all the time but stuff like X-Men vs. SF was just totally forgotten and will now never happen as Disney wants to focus on the new stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why did none of you fuckers mention that Wolfenstein Youngblood is out??? and super cheap???

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Hmmm. This is making me remember that I have Injustice 2. Maybe I should just play that?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Why did none of you fuckers mention that Wolfenstein Youngblood is out??? and super cheap???

i read an article that called Bethesda out for releasing it with like no publicity

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Escobarbarian posted:

They really screwed up everything they possibly could, by simultaneously rereleasing a botched port of an ancient game so good that interest in it overshadowed their new game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even the people I know who like new Wolfenstien have told me Youngblood is no bueno fwiw.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its got asscreed level gating on enemies so imma wait to bum a buddy pass rather that spend money on it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Escobarbarian posted:

Its hot garbage, check the news

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Unless it’s an open world game I don’t see why the level gating matters

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

A game about killing Nazis where you frequently encounter "this Nazi is too strong for you to kill" is bad design

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Its open worldish yes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How would you even level gate in a linear game? lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well I’m drunk enough and have fast enough internet that I just started playing it so we’ll see

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

Youngblood might as well be called Borderlands: Nazi Edition because this is pretty much a looter shooter with heavy RPG mechanics.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SlyFrog posted:

Hmmm. This is making me remember that I have Injustice 2. Maybe I should just play that?

Yeah Injustice 2 has good single player modes and the multiverse gives you a lot to do playing pretty pretty princess with your superheroes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s hard to drink when you’re playing a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

it’s hard to drink when you’re playing a video game
Practice makes perfet