Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

we are all friends and all enemies; leftists as it were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Leandros posted:

When I worked in IT there was a yearly employee satisfaction survey among all the major multinationals on which company was the best place to work and despite everyone being miserable we won it repeatedly. Feels similar.

a company I worked at ranked well on those surveys and one year things just got too bad and we fell off the list and we had a company all hands where they berated us for not realizing how good we had it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

incorrect, we are all friends, and we hug and kiss and say DTI together

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

punishedkissinger posted:

we are all friends and all enemies; leftists as it were

not me
im gay

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I would like the nation of Israel to cease to exist. Please, thank you.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ikanreed posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

WoodrowSkillson posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DesertIslandHermit posted:

A friend of mine talked about sniper rifle stuff and how focused you have to be to hit a target and hearing the stories about IDF intentionally shooting limbs and even the heads of children that are being carried by their parents broke something in me because the dedication to precision like that is from an absolute evil and dta dti

that really is disgusting
people can only do things like that if they've drilled feeling absolutely nothing at all into themselves while they're doing what they're doing while retaining total control of their faculties, the way surgeons do for surgeries
utterly reptilian

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ikanreed posted:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

WoodrowSkillson posted:

we are all friends, and we hug and kiss and say DTI together

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

in here perhaps, but outside...

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Neoliberalism produced a very peculiar condition of "morality of conflict" that makes actual strategy in the great sense of the word impossible. As in: establishing clear terms of political-economic outcomes, what is required to do so, alternatives to consider etc. But also very importantly, terms of defeat. The concept of strategic loss seem to have vanished in the minds of neoliberal elites (thankfully so).

imo, this is inseparable from the American moral attitude, which craves and seeks the mythologized high of WW2. Everything has become a struggle for civilization itself. The American state seem to never have actually realized, as a whole, that they became imperial. There's this constant rhetoric of the plucky republic against the crown that got amped up back during the tail-end of the 20th century and definitely this one, but it is clearly ridiculous to anyone who knows a bit of History.

Then a Palestine uprising happens. Civilizational struggle, democracy, etc. But one side has an air force and the other doesn't. So doing an Operation Linebacker in 2024 seems a pretty good idea, until it succeeds only in breaking the entire strategic arrangement of the region and making the international order show its own rear end in uselessness, showing to everyone that can see its farcical nature for what it is. Heroic resistance against all odds inspire defiance elsewhere, like the brave Yemeni challenging control of the Red Sea and causes a hell of a scramble. And things keep escalating and people keep resisting and the plucky republic simply is having continuous blue-screens and tries to keep doing the same thing.

It's been interesting following along the US being kicked out of Niger and Chad to see this attitude hit real world conditions. You have American generals and the US literatari and professional commenters and bigwigs all talking about "Russian misinformation", when the US is being kicked out for, from what I gather, not listening to their home countries, doing whatever they want, and basically being big dipshits. Like these are what the protestors in Niger were saying:

quote:

One hand-written sign in English read “USA rush out of Niger”, in a show of support for the military government and its decision in mid-March to revoke an accord that had allowed around 1,000 US military personnel to operate on its territory out of two bases.

“We’re here to say no to the American base, we don’t want Americans on our soil,” protester Maria Saley told the Reuters news agency on the sidelines of the march.

The crowd was also heard chanting “Down with American imperialism” and “The people’s liberation is on the march.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/13/hundreds-protest-in-niger-demanding-departure-of-us-troops

At this point its unclear if American leaders are buying their own poo poo regarding "freedom", but its clear that everyone else in the world is tired of their poo poo and can finally do something about it. The U.S. abetting the Palestinian genocide will only accelerate its inability to be effective abroad, which, good.

e: to further my point

quote:

Niger’s alliance with Russia goes back years: Niger bought military helicopters from Russia in 2016, and the two countries signed an agreement on military cooperation and training two years later. But at the same time, governments in the Sahel region, the arid strip of land south of the Sahara that includes Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso, had begun to rely on the United States and European countries to train their troops and collect intelligence on armed groups.

That era is over, Western diplomats and analysts say. A delegation from Washington and the top U.S. commander for Africa, Gen. Michael E. Langley, that visited Niger last month left without being able to meet with General Tchiani, the country’s leader.

Niger later criticized the delegation’s “condescending attitude” and blamed U.S. officials for threatening reprisals if Niger was to partner with American rivals like Russia and Iran.

“The United States asked Niger to pick a side,” a Western diplomat based in a country of the Sahel said on the condition of anonymity to discuss ongoing diplomatic tensions. “Well, now they have.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/13/...&smid=url-share

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Apr 25, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DesertIslandHermit posted:

A friend of mine talked about sniper rifle stuff and how focused you have to be to hit a target and hearing the stories about IDF intentionally shooting limbs and even the heads of children that are being carried by their parents broke something in me because the dedication to precision like that is from an absolute evil and dta dti

IDF, being overfunded and a tech testing ground, have smart optics that calculate distance and dropoff for them.
The kind of thing you can only really dial in from a guard tower, safe from harm, knowing that no one will shoot back at you if you mess up.

Still though, the sheer glee they go about their work is disgusting. I still remember the one video from an IDF bodycam as they went to clear a house, the squad rookie finds an old man who clearly surrenders and shoots him.
Then the squad leader congratulates him like he just passed initiation.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Apr 25, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ikanreed posted:

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So the doctors and medical staff who unearthed the mass grave infront of Nasser had a press conference explaining in depth how they have evidence that people were buried alive, apart from other atrocities. (Won’t link it, as it has blurred bodies, but it’s on Aljazeera English)

Like thinking about what they endured in their final hours, can you imagine?
They likely were in pitch darkness, screaming and writhing under the ground, in a claustrophobic state
…and every scream causes them to inhale dirt, while painstakingly gasping for air, leading to a slow suffocation or being squished to death…(from the bull dozers)

And this glorified brown puppet of the White House that they keep throwing at the media, has the nerve…the audacity to keep pulling the “we’re discussing that with our Israeli counterparts” bull poo poo.

https://x.com/assalrad/status/1783554457500111194?s=46

If a serial killer was on trial for murder, you likely wouldn’t ask him, “hey, da ya do it?” And take his word. Jesus Christ

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Apr 25, 2024

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

ikanreed posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:hai:

\/\/\/:haibrow:\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Apr 25, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dont recognize Israel as a state with a right to defend itself.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I said come in! posted:

More people are saying this

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

idf cosplaying waffen-ss bullshit is on point: including of course making GBS threads themselves and being utterly incompetent against a proper revolutionary force

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

I said come in! posted:

^^^^^^
The people of occupied territories have no responsibilities toward their occupiers, therefore nothing they do can be considered terrorism.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

im freidns with anyone who hates israel. becasue the enemey of my enemey is my friend. simple as

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

luv2shit posted:

im freidns with anyone who hates israel. becasue the enemey of my enemey is my friend. simple as

yep

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Leandros posted:

Doesn't Lithuania have one of the highest suicide rates

So the phenomenon behind this is that when everyone is happy your failures feel spotlighted, and you become super depressed when everyone is not.

In America if I lose my job I'll be bummed out, but at least my neighbors are miserable, too.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

iran? friend.
hamas? friend.
hezbollah? friend.
ansar allah? freinds.
God? friend.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

bedpan posted:

after saying the graves don't exist they are going to say hamas killed the people

Then they'll say the people were Hamas

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

PhilippAchtel posted:

Then they'll say the people were Hamas

lot of toddlers joining Hamas these days.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
There were no mass graves and anyways, Hamas did it and everyone in the grave was Hamas.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The mass grave was the crater from the Hamas rocket and everyone who died from it fell down into the crater and the rocket blew up the hospital and the hospital debris filled the crater up -idf investigators

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I saw two mass graves making a hamas and the hamas looked at me.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

paul_soccer12 posted:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

egypt hasnt done poo poo, and isnt going to do poo poo, hth

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

Israel is number two

💩

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

paul_soccer12 posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Al Jazeera has been reporting some specifics about the buildup around Rafah for the past two days.

quote:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/23/satellite-images-show-israeli-forces-gathered-for-gaza-escalation

More than 700 military vehicles are distributed within the Tze'elim military base, approximately 29km (18 miles) from Khan Younis city and 30km (18.6 miles) from Rafah - on February 17

The analysis indicates that Israel has deployed more than 800 military vehicles to two bases. At least 120 vehicles are stationed at the northern border of the Gaza Strip and 700 are in the Negev desert, to the south.

The satellite imagery also reveals that Israel has established nine military outposts just outside the enclave. Three were erected in November and December 2023 and six were set up between January and March of this year. The outposts house soldiers, operational command centres and military vehicles

A two minute video on the bases Israel has constructed surrounding Gaza since October 7.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/4/24/satellite-images-show-new-israeli-military-outposts-near-gaza

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Hey now that’s not fair I’m sure they’re going to be hard at work grinding the Palestinians that actually made it across the boarder into dirt

Approximately 100,000 Palestinians have crossed into Egypt and there has been no dirt grinding afaik

The Ibrahimi Mosque is located in an area where settlers are expanding. On this map it is west of Kiryat Arba, just north of the rightmost of those three scattered red dots. Red marks territory occupied by Israel.

The full map of Israeli settlement in the West Bank I have used is here.
https://peacenow.org.il/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/settlements_map_En_2023_Printing_Version-1-1433x2048.jpg

You can read more about the settlements in Hebron here, they're some of the most hosed up examples of the phenomenon

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/5/like-a-prison-the-palestinians-in-hebron-living-under-israeli-lockdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict_in_Hebron

Weka has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Apr 25, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Shageletic posted:

“The United States asked Niger to pick a side,” a Western diplomat based in a country of the Sahel said on the condition of anonymity to discuss ongoing diplomatic tensions. “Well, now they have.”

This quote right here is what is and will define the 21st century

Most countries around the world are disinterested in this coming 2nd Cold War that's brewing between the western bloc and the alternative nominally lead by China. Hell, China itself is largely disinterested in it; only the US seeks this confrontation because China is a direct threat to its hegemony. And all of these countries are going to be pressured by the US to pick a side, little by little.

Some of them will acquiesce; many more will not, and will thus invariably pick the alternative bloc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Israel lost.

Hamas just convinced the fashion girlies.
https://x.com/democracynow/status/1783567479773573120?s=46