Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Like they'd ever alter the perfection that is Dust2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
All people care about is the general layout. If it flows similarly it'll be praised

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Audax posted:

All people care about is the general layout. If it flows similarly it'll be praised

Bullshit. Changing the slightest most insignificant thing about nay part of CS sends out waves out autistic moaning.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
there isn't one single pixel of dust2 thats wrong

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Up Circle posted:

If heaven was a map

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

If there isn't anything to change balance wise, I hope they don't touch it. Nuke seems to have been somewhat optimized since it's been out a few months, but now Inferno is crashing me multiple times every game and my frames are consistently lower. Those maps sorta needed the balance, but a pure graphical update fucks over tons of people for no reason.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Bullshit. Changing the slightest most insignificant thing about nay part of CS sends out waves out autistic moaning.

because...

Up Circle posted:

mcvey posted:

If heaven was a map

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I don't know if they can really do much to dust2 without causing nuclear fallout. Maybe take out all the remaining fog, change the textures to be higher res and clearer or something. Generally speaking it is the definitive CS map. Whereas other maps have a fair amount of wiggle room in terms of changes while keeping a general layout, d2 is already whittled down to barebones, not much can reasonably be changed.

Maybe re-instate loving wooden doors though. gently caress the metal doors. Valve probably too proud to backtrack though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dust2 is good because when you kill someone crossing mid, they get really mad.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

I don't know if they can really do much to dust2 without causing nuclear fallout. Maybe take out all the remaining fog, change the textures to be higher res and clearer or something. Generally speaking it is the definitive CS map. Whereas other maps have a fair amount of wiggle room in terms of changes while keeping a general layout, d2 is already whittled down to barebones, not much can reasonably be changed.

Maybe re-instate loving wooden doors though. gently caress the metal doors. Valve probably too proud to backtrack though.

Open up the skybox over B from t spawn

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tent or no tent on A?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

If heaven was a map

Ooooooh we'll make heaven de_dust on earth

e: I laughed a lot

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 14, 2016

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

e: I laughed a lot

:lol:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
There's something special about playing on a sandbagging account and the game tells you that "You are now in a higher skill group!" "Silver I"

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Bring back the game helper ad on dust2, tia valve

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Put Orange Box ads everywhere like it used to be

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
On Dust 2, and only Dust 2, bring back the ability to shoot through basically every single wall.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:catstare: GOD Rain

Next map is Overpass, starting soon https://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im completely dumbfounded that someone put up 175 adr in a game

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

im completely dumbfounded that someone put up 175 adr in a game
Worldedit from Flipside, of all people, did it during Eleague

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any Goons going to the Eleague events in Atlanta?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pretty entertaining poo poo in the optic/tsm game right now. And a lot of the spectating is so bad you don't get to see it :allears:

\/ My frames have been lower than normal on infernew. But not anything nutso.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 16, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Are people having trouble with fps drops on infernew B site/banana?

Today during the goon games I hit extreme lag that I have never experienced, even with nuke.

Running a 970 @ 960 res so nothing should be below 250 fps

Edit: uninstalled Razer synapse and ditched my chroma for my old ec2-a, problems stopped. Thanks Razer!

Audax fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 17, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm helping :unsmith:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Open up the skybox over B from t spawn

If they did this I would actually want to come back and brave my lovely connection just to see what kind of crazy options this would open up.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Quoting this just for other people's entertainment. I'm almost all the way through.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nothing feels better than beating a guy dropping a 40 bomb while you have a bot.

\/ I feel like CT aggression is a bit easier though. It's really hard to post up on banana as T because they just rain in grenades on your feet.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 16, 2016

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I feel like the changes to b on infernew have made it too easy to take relative to retaking it. I feel like it's harder to play a retreating defense before holding the site itself meaning you have less time to rotate and CT is still easy to smoke off preventing easy support.

It's not any easier to retake through CT and construction and the changes to banana make it easier to watch for that while still supporting people watching CT.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

henne posted:

I feel like the changes to b on infernew have made it too easy to take relative to retaking it. I feel like it's harder to play a retreating defense before holding the site itself meaning you have less time to rotate and CT is still easy to smoke off preventing easy support.

It's not any easier to retake through CT and construction and the changes to banana make it easier to watch for that while still supporting people watching CT.

Banana is definitely a bit too wide now. The only holds that I've see work are really passive 3 stacks.

Which makes A super vulnerable as well .

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I really don't like the jump for info or boost someone wall cts have on bannana. Like I'm sure the pros will just molotov it every round but its really strong in pick up groups. You can basically know everything and have a decent chance to not be spotted if the timing is right because the ts will go in looking at the car more and its super easy to popflash yourself in if you know there's like one dude holding somewhere.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/AllanBaden/status/787707620085862400

:3:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

do they know he is a traitor?

https://twitter.com/AllanBaden/status/787625282245169152

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

I really don't like the jump for info or boost someone wall cts have on bannana. Like I'm sure the pros will just molotov it every round but its really strong in pick up groups. You can basically know everything and have a decent chance to not be spotted if the timing is right because the ts will go in looking at the car more and its super easy to popflash yourself in if you know there's like one dude holding somewhere.

:agreed: I think the wall should be either two stories tall or there should be a little awning (but no pillars) like there was before.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Considering they're set to pilfer gla1ve as soon as possible, I don't think they care.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Considering they're set to pilfer gla1ve as soon as possible, I don't think they care.

has this been confirmed yet? I keep hearing analysts talk it up, and that's a super exciting prospect.

although, I was digging the chemistry Heroic was building.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

has this been confirmed yet? I keep hearing analysts talk it up, and that's a super exciting prospect.

although, I was digging the chemistry Heroic was building.
It's not confirmed, but if they don't do that, there's a good chance they'll lose their Legends spot unless they do something drastic.

This article explains a lot better than I can:

http://www.hltv.org/news/18929-examining-astralis-major-spot

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

HATTAM posted:

Quoting this just for other people's entertainment. I'm almost all the way through.

:lol: the old AK already sounds retarded

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

HATTAM posted:

Oh wow, not often someone quotes a month old post. Which match did you like the most?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Oh wow, not often someone quotes a month old post. Which match did you like the most?

Hope that dude watched LG/SK on overpass, because it's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Imagine if Dignitas drop MSL and pick up karrigan. :allears: