Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can I get a non-spoiler answer for these?

1) If I kill Ganon, can I keep playing or should that be my absolute final stop?

2) Under the castle I have seen enormous diamonds that don't seem to interact with anything. Are they just decoration?

3) I intend to fully upgrade every single bit of armor. Will I die on my couch from malnutrition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

I am bad at parrying and it's hurting my attempts to finish off Calamity Ganon. Does anybody want to give me the rundown on correctly parrying the Guardian laser?

Here is my extremely pro strategy. Warning, life hack inside!! Buy an ancient shield.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

1) If I kill Ganon, can I keep playing or should that be my absolute final stop?

2) Under the castle I have seen enormous diamonds that don't seem to interact with anything. Are they just decoration?

3) I intend to fully upgrade every single bit of armor. Will I die on my couch from malnutrition?

1) You can keep playing
2) Dunno I'm not sure I remember those
3) Probably, but you'll only die a little bit, unlike the people who go for 900 Korok seeds

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

1) Beating the game lets you reload outside of the castle with the boss alive again. It saves anything you did during the battle, such as taking the last 3 compendium photos so you can turn them in.

2) I don't think they do anything.

3) God have mercy on your soul

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Inzombiac posted:

1. The game does an automatic "final autosave" for you before you initiate the fight.

2. If it's what I think you're talking about, it's ice, not diamonds.

3. Death by snu snu

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the only Zeldas I haven't played, and I'm recovering from wisdom teeth removal so I have nothing else to do :negative:

also i liked phantom hourglass

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I will say that puzzles involving octo balloons are criminally underutilized and that should have been a rune

There's a shrine where you NEED arrows... well, I thought fire arrows. gently caress. Now that I'm talking about it I remembered that I learned in another shrine (which was after I needed to learn it!!) that you can light normal arrows on fire by nocking one and walking to a fire.

Anyway, I needed to burn some leaves and couldn't. I threw a torch and missed and really, really wanted my ace in the hole to work: an octo balloon attached to fire jelly.

I ran out of balloons before I got the physics right :qq:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Music Theory posted:

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the only Zeldas I haven't played, and I'm recovering from wisdom teeth removal so I have nothing else to do :negative:

They're good games, they're just in the bottom half of the franchise. Twilight Princess probably has the best aesthetics in dungeons, and the most likeable annoying companion. Skyward Sword has really good music and the best story in the series imo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

There's a shrine where you NEED arrows... well, I thought fire arrows. gently caress. Now that I'm talking about it I remembered that I learned in another shrine (which was after I needed to learn it!!) that you can light normal arrows on fire by nocking one and walking to a fire.

Anyway, I needed to burn some leaves and couldn't. I threw a torch and missed and really, really wanted my ace in the hole to work: an octo balloon attached to fire jelly.

I ran out of balloons before I got the physics right :qq:

Not going to lie I've used the "nock a normal arrow, light it on a torch, walk to a bunch of leaves to set it on fire and then put everything away" trick multiple times to avoid having to waste a weapon slot on a torch.

Music Theory posted:

I seem to recall phantom hourglass having a couple cute things but the way that implemented the control scheme for that game did it no favors. Imagine playing ALBW but having to swipe with the stylus to attack.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Music Theory posted:

I was very glad to see Lineback get his own piece of land named after him, among all the other landmass/bridge/body of water references.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Reminder that the best shrine you might miss is here:

Inside the crab, Blue Flame.

Either propel yourself in a mine car with bombs or just fly and climb in.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's one shrine in a cave that extends right to the explorable edge of the map. The Sheikah Sensor will point you to a little ledge just above the death barrier in the bottomless pit surrounding Hyrule. I was extremely disappointed the solution to that shrine wasn't finding a bombable wall on a small ledge at the literal edge of the world

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

There's one shrine in a cave that extends right to the explorable edge of the map. The Sheikah Sensor will point you to a little ledge just above the death barrier in the bottomless pit surrounding Hyrule. I was extremely disappointed the solution to that shrine wasn't finding a bombable wall on a small ledge at the literal edge of the world

I spent longer than I'd like to admit searching that wall.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nephzinho posted:

Reminder that the best shrine you might miss is here:

Inside the crab, Blue Flame.

I found that one an interesting throwback in terms of not being able to just cheese everything with one of the 30 ways you have to light things on fire in this game. It was actually pretty refreshing, every time I thought "heh I bet they didn't expect me to do THIS" it turns out that yes actually that was the intended solution.

I realize 120 shrines means maybe not as high a level of quality per shrine, but I feel like there are a lot of them where the people who designed the puzzles just hadn't really played the game at all at that point.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

i walked along the track because i hadn't figured out how to use minecarts yet

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Speaking of which, how many of you just straight swam/stuffed your face for the Lanno Kooh shrine in Hebra instead of riding a log

Figuring out the "actual" solution for that one felt good af

Son of a bitch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pondo totally gets off on watching snowballing young twinks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Speaking of which, how many of you just straight swam/stuffed your face for the Lanno Kooh shrine in Hebra instead of riding a log

Figuring out the "actual" solution for that one felt good af

I did this one, just completely accidentally because I came at it from the wrong direction

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alright lets just max out the ancient leggings-28 DEFENSE?! i am unstoppable. you can not kill me! you can't. just try it fuckers

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Someone spoil me where the four great fairies are. I have three and I didn't even know that you could get upgrades past level 2.

Do you get better set bonuses? also is there a run speed set?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dizz posted:

Someone spoil me where the four great fairies are. I have three and I didn't even know that you could get upgrades past level 2.

which ones have you found?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dizz posted:

One is in Kakariko, near the shrine. Another is in Akkala, visible from the tower. A third is visible from the Tabantha tower. The fourth is in the absolute southwest corner of the map, hidden behind a sandstorm.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Am I able to steal the orb/ball off the Hinox's neck at Shrouded Shrine?

I tried like twice.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

At 881 korok seeds. I know the general idea of where like 4 are, even though I haven't been able to find them there yet, but I haven't the slightest clue where the other 15 are.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mine carts: wait you're supposed to use bombs??? I used stasis and just smacked the cart a few times to get it rollin

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kashuno posted:

Mine carts: wait you're supposed to use bombs??? I used stasis and just smacked the cart a few times to get it rollin

Yeah me too. God drat

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I tested and both options work about as well as each other as far as I could tell. Mine carts own.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is there anything on those huge cliff walls on the edge of the map? I figured it might be sort of entertaining to bring a bunch of stam potions and try to climb one but if there's nothing up there I might not bother.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kashuno posted:

You kinda learn how they work when You also feed bombs into the cannons to gently caress up bokoblin bases and to fire that goron dude into the divine beast.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

Same, I figured it was intentional given that you can do that while sitting in it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

On the shrine puzzle with the ball you have to move through the maze did anyone else try turning the entire platform over? It gives you a completely flat surface which makes it so much easier, but you have to hold the controller upside-down.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PantsBandit posted:

Is there anything on those huge cliff walls on the edge of the map? I figured it might be sort of entertaining to bring a bunch of stam potions and try to climb one but if there's nothing up there I might not bother.

Yeah an invisible barrier that says "You cannot go any further". That's it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah an invisible barrier that says "You cannot go any further". That's it.

:/ Lame.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Should just let you climb eternally.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Runcible Cat posted:

Should just let you climb eternally.

while playing the OoT ganon stairway music

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Twilight Princess is better than Wind Waker.

Fight me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

snoremac posted:

Fight me.

wrong because twilight princess had midna

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's a negative?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

snoremac posted:

Fight me.

I pity you in your ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

snoremac posted:

Fight me.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.