Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The guy loving stabs a goddess just for getting in his way and has Athena's backing so he gets off scott free. Aphrodite deserved it though for siding with that ponce Paris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

khwarezm posted:

Question for everyone in the thread, how will the following elements be inevitably worked into the movie:

1. Han shot first.

2. Kessel Run, less than 12 parsecs.

3. loving Jedi and force bullshit even though its completely unnecessary but this is Star Wars.

1. At some point in the movie, Greedo will get the drop on Han, put him in cuffs, and drag him to Jabba to answer for some screwup. While being cuffed, Han will say something like "watch out Greedo, because next time I'm gonna shoot first :smug: "

2. The movie will start with the Kessel Run, showing us what exactly that is and answering the 40 year old question that's been on everyone's* mind

3. A terrible CGI Alec Guinness will Jedi mind trick someone on Tattooine

*no one's

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the old EU Han's iconic black vest was stolen off Greedo.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Did he steal Greedo's vest before or after he punched the giant space ferret?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Arcsquad12 posted:

The guy loving stabs a goddess just for getting in his way and has Athena's backing so he gets off scott free. Aphrodite deserved it though for siding with that ponce Paris.
Which leads to her telling her lover Ares what happened causing him to come hurtling to the battlefield and Diomedes (with Athena's help) is able to pierce Ares with his spear and make him experience actual pain for the first time, causing him to flee back to Olympus screaming.

Then there is also that book which is basically Odysseus and Diomedes going on a sneaking mission.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

The early reviews of Alien: Covenant don't seem very enthusiastic.

I want to see if Mike and Jay do a weird review of it like they did with Prometheus, where they pointed out a dozen major things wrong with the movie yet still recommended it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trabandiumium posted:

Red Cliff is dece

Yeah there's a bunch of good China made Romance of the Three Kingdoms movies and TV shows and cell phone games. It's just a numbers game, when half of everything they make is Romance of the Three Kingdoms based, some of it is bound to be good

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Andro Dunos posted:

The early reviews of Alien: Covenant don't seem very enthusiastic.

I want to see if Mike and Jay do a weird review of it like they did with Prometheus, where they pointed out a dozen major things wrong with the movie yet still recommended it.

It always seemed that since it was a sci fi movie it would have naturally had Mike's interest by that alone regardless of the franchise. I don't know for sure if they'll do a bit like they did before, but I think he's probably going to critique the sciencey poo poo fairly indepth since Mike is really a big rear end nerd.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baronjutter posted:

I could see how someone might think blade runner was "boring" but me personally, I love it. I also unrionically love it for the vistas. Blade runner has some amazing vistas.

Okay: to sum up how I feel about Blade Runner. I think it was a goddamn gorgeous movie, especially for its time. I loved the setting, and there are some awesome shots of the world as the story progresses. The problem for me mostly stemmed from not really caring about the story. To be fair, I think I watched it in 2005 and by that point the hype machine had put the drat film on a ridiculous pedestal. Was the movie bad? No, absolutely not. But when it was done I shrugged and moved on to greener pastures.

I think if anything, I appreciate Blade Runner more for what kind of films/tv shows/books/etc it inspired than anything else.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oohhboy posted:

In the old EU Han's iconic black vest was stolen off Greedo.

I thought EU Greedo was just some scrub punk who was trying to act tough and got shot, then got his corpse ground up into beer by the cantina owner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No actually Greedo was like the biggest coolest most evil badman since Boba Fett, and when Han Solo and him meet for the first time there WILL be some goddamn opera singers making that poo poo EPICCCCC

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Shinjobi posted:

No actually Greedo was like the biggest coolest most evil badman since Boba Fett, and when Han Solo and him meet for the first time there WILL be some goddamn opera singers making that poo poo EPICCCCC

Greedo is totally gonna spill kid Han's blue milk.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any of yall see alien covenant yet??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Any of yall see alien covenant yet??

No was it any good?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm going today but a lot of people I know said the start is good and then half an hour in it gets mega boring.

I tried rewatching Alien 3 last night and turned it off after 90 minutes, there's no way in hell that movie should have been 2 and a half hours long

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oohhboy posted:

ID4:R was a pretty fun movie, far more entertaining than TFA.

can you insane people just not post in this thread anymore.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

I thought EU Greedo was just some scrub punk who was trying to act tough and got shot, then got his corpse ground up into beer by the cantina owner.

This too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

khwarezm posted:

3. loving Jedi and force bullshit even though its completely unnecessary but this is Star Wars.

OMG you're right. Obi Wan was literally the first Jedi he met but they're going to work in like 800 lightsaber duels because STAR WARS.

This movie is going to eat turds so hard.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
No it'll be like he always just missed it. There'll be constant jedis fighting just at the back of frame and they'll force jump out of shot just as kid han turns around all "huh?" and misses it. Because you absolutely cannot have a star wars film without lightsabers.

Or he'll have a mysterious mentor figure who's a secret jedi in hiding and always uses the force when Han is distracted or not looking.

It's gonna be good it's gonna be great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

OMG you're right. Obi Wan was literally the first Jedi he met but they're going to work in like 800 lightsaber duels because STAR WARS.

This movie is going to eat turds so hard.

Remember how dismissive Han was of the Force, calling it magic tricks and hocus pocus or whatever? That's because when Han was young he worked with a guy who said he was a Jedi put was actually just a con artist, and used holograms and slight of hand and poo poo to make people think he had Force powers. The con artist taught young Han all about the grift, at one point saying "these backwater rubes will believe anything you tell them. I once told them I made the Kessel Run in under 15 parsecs, and they believed me!" "What's the Kessel Run?" "I just made it up! How would they know any better?"

At the end they get separated and it turns out the conman actually was Force sensitive all along and didn't even know it, and he'll do something heroic with his Force abilities, but Han will never know.

DISNEY HIRE ME RIGHT NOW

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Han will be transporting Death Star parts. One of them will be the pipe he later tried to use to brace open the trash compactor.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Han is going to build R2-D2.

Does that make sense in the timeline?

[Mike voice] NOPE!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that was one of the worst bits of the prequels "lore" wise. there were like a bagillion jedi and they fought in a massive galaxy spanning conflict often as generals and yet han thinks it's a hokey religion and an imperial officer scoffs about vader's ancient religion right to his face. lucas hosed up the jedi massively.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Remember how dismissive Han was of the Force, calling it magic tricks and hocus pocus or whatever? That's because when Han was young he worked with a guy who said he was a Jedi put was actually just a con artist, and used holograms and slight of hand and poo poo to make people think he had Force powers. The con artist taught young Han all about the grift, at one point saying "these backwater rubes will believe anything you tell them. I once told them I made the Kessel Run in under 15 parsecs, and they believed me!" "What's the Kessel Run?" "I just made it up! How would they know any better?"

At the end they get separated and it turns out the conman actually was Force sensitive all along and didn't even know it, and he'll do something heroic with his Force abilities, but Han will never know.

DISNEY HIRE ME RIGHT NOW

Just keep the first paragraph and make it a David Mamet film. Cast Ricky Jay as the grifter "Jedi", I'd buy a ticket right drat now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Han Solo was nonced by a teacher when he attended a Jedi school.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Looking for quick cash, Han and Lando get a job as wheelmen for Boba Fett's merc group who are hunting down a group of wookie dissidents. They fall in with the wookie Chewbacca who joins them as they go on the lam. Lando gets a job mining cloud stuff with his uncle in Cloud City:

Han: But who's gonna be my co-pilot?
Lando: Looks like you just found one
Chewie: *barking and howling*
Han: Oh boy...

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 14, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i thought han saved chewbacca from slavery or something and that's why chewbacca follows him around. i guess this is all just eu stuff so the new backstory could be anything.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the han solo story will open up with han trying to get chewbacca home to KASHYYYK in the MILLENNIUM FALCON in time for LIFE DAY and from there it will be a series of flashbacks complete with song and dance numbers set to jizz music.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That would be so amazing if they referenced the Christmas Special. The ultimate gently caress you to Lucas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the han solo prequel is gonna be so bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I had hopes for it at first, with the Lego movie duo announced to direct and them saying it was not an Origin movie, just a Han solo adventure. Then a year passes and we find out that it will In fact be an origin movie centered around how he got his loving name.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can take solace with the Han solo movie wit the fact its guaranteed to piss of George Lucas.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I can take solace with the Han solo movie wit the fact its guaranteed to piss of George Lucas.

If it follows the formula then it will also be a lot better than episode 8 which looks absolutely horrendous. Han Solo movie at least has potential to be fun.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

Let's see what the wookiepedia says

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wuher/Legends

quote:

Before these events, Wuher had been working below the cantina on Jabba's perfect drink. Wuher knew he had almost perfected the beverage, but it was slightly lacking. Relying on his exceptional sense of smell, he realized the pheromones Greedo exuded were the final flavor the drink required. Employing his newly found droid C2-R4, he obtained Greedo's corpse and had C2-R4 brew Greedo into the liqueur. Upon tasting, Wuher believed he had finally created Jabba's perfect drink and at the same time, discovered a new-found sense of appreciation for droids.

the EU deserved its fate

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow now i'm glad Britain vote to get out of the EU that seems awful.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

that was one of the worst bits of the prequels "lore" wise. there were like a bagillion jedi and they fought in a massive galaxy spanning conflict often as generals and yet han thinks it's a hokey religion and an imperial officer scoffs about vader's ancient religion right to his face. lucas hosed up the jedi massively.

Much like how Leia said she knew her real mother when she was a child, while in Episode 3 Lucas killed her off in child birth. The guy couldn't even bother to sit down and rewatch the original trilogy before writing the prequels.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Andro Dunos posted:

Much like how Leia said she knew her real mother when she was a child, while in Episode 3 Lucas killed her off in child birth. The guy couldn't even bother to sit down and rewatch the original trilogy before writing the prequels.

She only knew who her mother was.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Paladinus posted:

quote:

Princess Leia: Luke, what's wrong?
Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
Princess Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
Luke: What do you remember?
Princess Leia: Just... images really. Feelings.
Luke: Tell me.
Princess Leia: She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad. Why are you asking me this?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Huh? The dialogue in Return of the Jedi is very clear that Leia knew her, not knew about her.

Plus there's the context of the scene, where Luke knows that Leia is his sister and Vader is their father, so Luke wants to learn about their mother.

Then in Sith Lucas goes lol woops the queen died of a broken heart. It's such awful writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

loving owned him with this star wars knowledge dude

• Locked thread