Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

orange juche posted:

The biggest :stare: in that thread was the realization that my car has an arrow on the gas gauge indicating the filler cap side, I've been driving for 12 years and never noticed that.

OH MY loving CHILD OF CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

orange juche posted:

The biggest :stare: in that thread was the realization that my car has an arrow on the gas gauge indicating the filler cap side, I've been driving for 12 years and never noticed that.

Are you loving kidding me

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Did you all not know that, or are you marveling at the fact that he didn't? It's pretty damned useful if you use a lot of rental cars, but yeah, it's not too widely known.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I used to drive commercial trucks (only up to 3.5tons, not "American" commercial trucks) and I did knot know this.

My colleagues did not know this, instead relying on ye olde walkarounde.

I haven't talked to my boss from that time and I'm about to ring him the gently caress up to either utterly implode his mind or accuse him of not telling me with a stream of profanity.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Did you know the sound of snapping your fingers comes from the finger hitting the palm of your hand and not from the fingers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Did you all not know that, or are you marveling at the fact that he didn't? It's pretty damned useful if you use a lot of rental cars, but yeah, it's not too widely known.

I thought it was pretty widely known but I also rent a lot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I thought it was pretty widely known

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

guys you drive on a parkway and park in the driveway

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

redneck nazgul posted:

guys you drive on a parkway and park in the driveway

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

My fiancee and most of her family didn't know about this either. I blew her mind the first time I told her about it.

Her dad ran an autobody shop for years. He knew about it but neglected to tell everyone else because he figured it was just common sense.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKX2tE5Luk

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm super excited for that movie

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
FedEx arrow!!!1!! Holy crap...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stoked. I bought a copy of the book and it's next on my list.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bonus shakespeare rolling in his grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Handsome Ralph posted:

...he figured it was just common sense.

Yeah, chalk me up to thinking everyone realized this pretty quickly.

Like, did y'all not wonder what the arrow meant? And then, I dunno, look?

Maybe it's because my mom's van and the farm truck had opposite side gas doors but I figured that poo poo out before I could legally drive on the street

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Gas tanks on the passenger side should knock $5000 off the MSRP

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Payment for that rifle cleaning I bitched about before was 2 pounds of ultra-thin cut breaded venison cutlets.
A good payoff.

Gun fever 1 & gun fever 2 it's always sunny episodes should be watched side by side.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

orange juche posted:

:psyboom:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I appreciate this thread making me feel like Sherlock loving Holmes for figuring out the arrow pointed at the gas tank when I was 15.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm craving vanilla Pepsi but I can't find it anywhere near me or online. The struggle is real.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just use Mexican vanilla on it

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I went to a Perkins in Canada and they had cherry Coke on the menu, but it wasn't real cherry Coke. They just poured 50% Coke and 50% grenadine into a pitcher.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I never knew about the arrow gas thing until a few months ago. Probably because my first truck's gas gauge was broken so I never looked at it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
By virtue of being from Florida I got put in charge of coordinating transport of a shitload of donated items from Virginia to Naples/Miami.

What the gently caress :stare:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

By virtue of being from Florida I got put in charge of coordinating transport of a shitload of donated items from Virginia to Naples/Miami.

What the gently caress :stare:

When did you reenlist?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Woof Blitzer posted:

FedEx arrow!!!1!! Holy crap...

cant unsee

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Mine doesn't.

So there's that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hey guys I just found out about the FedEx arrow did y'all know about that omg

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My Subaru had it, my Ford doesn't.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
And then this Ford comes right out and spills the secret, like Santa to a six year old.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have to go to Oman for work in a couple of weeks. Still waiting to hear back from the customer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in Muscat. Anyone been there before that can recommend some stuff to see/do?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm craving vanilla Pepsi but I can't find it anywhere near me or online. The struggle is real.

Do you not have vanilla extract in your pantry? The gently caress kind of 'I live with my girlfriend' guy are you???

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

psydude posted:

I have to go to Oman for work in a couple of weeks. Still waiting to hear back from the customer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in Muscat. Anyone been there before that can recommend some stuff to see/do?

We just went in on a taxi driver to play tour guide for us for a day. Some cool things to see, but not much. Have fun spending $10 minimum on a beer. Everything is stupid expensive and unfun. You'll end up in the posh hotels that serve booze and one of the two I think Port bars for sailors and merchant marines.

We cannot be having alcohol in this here country but damnit we'll definitely take your money

The beaches are nice but they don't seem to like anyone to actually like, go in the water

Also camel is gross

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 13, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm going with my scottish coworker, so I think we'll be able to expensive most of the booze. Hiring a tour guide might not be a bad way to go; I'm thinking about spending an extra day or two there on either end to make the 20 hours of travel time worth it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's really not much there in the port area and I'm baffled as to why any tourist would voluntarily go there. Again, it wasn't cheap. I think we paid the dude like $150 or thereabouts but he was born/raised and it was nice to have our own tour guide and such, checking out some of the more rural mountain areas, farms, etc

Walking just simply wasn't an option. They had busses for us and such of course. But you just simply couldn't walk from one place to another. That's fine though because there's about 50 taxis for every 1 foreigner

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://gfycat.com/ImaginaryHandyBrocketdeer

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So in the near future I might be getting an instant on hot water heater. Are there any brands/makes I should avoid? I think I'll get a gas one since the regular water heater I have now is already hooked up to that.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

psydude posted:

If you've got a car and a GPS, go check out Wadi Shab. My buddy who spent time in country and I hiked it when I was there a few years ago. It's beautiful and there's no better way to beat the heat of the Omani desert. Despite the fact that it's, "world famous," we didn't see another soul while we were there until we were on the way out. It was awesome. Make sure you bring a dry bag, water shoes, and plenty of water though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Ok seriously?

I showed that to someone in his 30s a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it's not that common knowledge somehow.

Pesticide20 posted:

For some reason Crystal Pepsi is still on shelves.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 13, 2017

• Locked thread