Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Xtanstic posted:

So I've been living under a rock for the past few months (I think around when Pocket Mine 2 came out?). What are the new hotnesses? I finally got a new phone and I don't have to uninstall 5 apps to install a single new game.

Lineage 2 Revolution. If it's your cup of tea, then everything else is irrelevant. You just have to find out if you have The Gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Knowlue posted:

This isn't the collab banner right Alchemist goons? also do we have a thread for this?

Nope and nope.

Vettel is part of this banner though, and he's pretty much the best character in the game for a while.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

overseer07 posted:

Nope and nope.

Vettel is part of this banner though, and he's pretty much the best character in the game for a while.

I pulled a Vettel randomly last banner. I'm debating if I should pop step 2 and see if I get Vettel souls or shards or whatever. I also pulled a curious doll on this most recent banner. I keep getting good things from the wrong banners. Not that I'm complaining.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Got a trash 4 star and that's it. Almost rage pulled step two

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I got a second Yomi so now I have ninja Yomi.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of PC painter simulator Passpartout: The Starving Artist is out on the Play Store.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Knowlue posted:

This isn't the collab banner right Alchemist goons? also do we have a thread for this?

I can make a thread tonight unless someone is planning one.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Beekeeping and You posted:

Anyone in here playing Million Onion Hotel? If so, can you give me some advice, I have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Best piece of advice I can give you on this is slow down. The only time that you need to be quick is on your first or second levels when you first start the game. Shoot for a double when you first start, use that fever time to build up some time by clicking on anything and everything during the fever. The more lines you make during fever, the more time you'll get. I can usually get to level 10 having about 3-4 minutes banked.

Once you get some time banked, only focus on doing triple and quad lines. You get much bigger bonuses, and more importantly, knights for the bosses. I usually get to both the first and second bosses with 20-25 knights or so.

On bosses, pay attention to when they have the barrier up and don't send you knights then, you'll just waste them. When the barrier is up, focus on making lines to earn more knights, then go crazy when the barrier is down.

I still haven't finished it yet, but I think I should have it in my next few runs. I got the final boss down to about 10% health before I died.

Basically, slow down, you have more time than you think, focus on doubles/triples/quads, go crazy during fever time.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
I'm wrestling now, 337825. Anyone have any tips for beginners? I have two or three guys that have full xp but I can't locate the gear to lvl them? Also, I starting winning pvp battles after I upgraded my abilities. Spend some time and get your guys lvld a little first.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Wait I'm dumb that's what I meant. I was last in this thread when PM3 dropped.

Happy Birthday Shwqa

You remembered :unsmith:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

pappawurm posted:

I'm wrestling now, 337825. Anyone have any tips for beginners? I have two or three guys that have full xp but I can't locate the gear to lvl them? Also, I starting winning pvp battles after I upgraded my abilities. Spend some time and get your guys lvld a little first.

If you click on the gear you need it should take you to a list of what fights will drop it.

Im having fun with a team of heavyweights featuring snorri who wrecks everything, and another team of fighters who all have that tag option where they jump from the corner. Doesn't do a huge amount of straight up damage, but nearly every time, 1 or 2 of them will assist and that damage adds up quickly.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Aramoro posted:

This might be obvious, but in Muscle Hustle what are the contracts for? I got one for beating an area but no idea what it's for or where to find it.

I believe they are used to get more tickets for special fights. You get 3 tickets per day, and once they are used up, you can spend a contract to refill the tickets, and do 3 more specials.

Also, a reminder for players to go into settings and change your name. It defaults to your user number. There are a few people from here that I have added that are still showing up in the list as userblahblahnumberwhatever

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 2, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

B33rChiller posted:

Also, a reminder for players to go into settings and change your name. It defaults to your user number. There are a few people from here that I have added that are still showing up in the list as userblahblahnumberwhatever

And don't forget to set/update your shared wrestler.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
What's everyone's current favorite toilet/brainless zone-out game?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

desert golfing

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Thanks for the advice on games to check out. Does anyone have any advice on transferring save files from my old phone to my new one? It hurts to lose my Hungry Cat Picross and my Desert Golfing progress. :smith: Helium is super buggy on me.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

mrkillboy posted:

A port of PC painter simulator Passpartout: The Starving Artist is out on the Play Store.

This was fun but probably not worth $5, I'd try for $2 or $3.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

ZombieApostate posted:

I got a second Yomi so now I have ninja Yomi.

drat you I'm hurting for a second yomi

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Any decent asynchronous multiplayer games folks are playing these days? My job involves a lot of driving, so I need something where I can take my turn whenever I happen to be parked for a few minutes.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

FredMSloniker posted:

Any decent asynchronous multiplayer games folks are playing these days? My job involves a lot of driving, so I need something where I can take my turn whenever I happen to be parked for a few minutes.

The iOS version of Carcasonne just came out on Android, so maybe that?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

I just want Disc Drivin' god dammit.

:argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FredMSloniker posted:

I believe Galaxy Trucker is one. If you get into it, let me know, I'd love to play against anyone.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I've managed to stay away from gatcha games since I quit PAD but I got roped into trying out Alchemist by my brother. I just rolled Vettel, Magnus and Lucian and he got mad so I guess I'm not quitting this dumb game and gonna give it a shot?

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 3, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Patchwork is my board game of choice for this (and it's a very good game in its own right).

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Drunk Tomato posted:

The iOS version of Carcasonne just came out on Android, so maybe that?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I believe Galaxy Trucker is one. If you get into it, let me know, I'd love to play against anyone.

Dancer posted:

Patchwork is my board game of choice for this (and it's a very good game in its own right).

I'll look into these. Two followup questions, though: any suggestions that aren't adaptations of board games? And do any of these games (or future suggestions) have any sort of goon community, or would I have to hunt down opponents myself?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Knowlue posted:

drat you I'm hurting for a second yomi

My only decent ranged unit is Almira, and I have zero gunners/snipers, so :shrug:

Edit: Did the Alchemist Code thread ever happen? I can't find it.

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 3, 2017

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

ZombieApostate posted:

My only decent ranged unit is Almira, and I have zero gunners/snipers, so :shrug:

Edit: Did the Alchemist Code thread ever happen? I can't find it.

Same dude. All melee lineup. I have an Almira but I don't think I'll use her unless she's fully evolved. Her second job she's melee lmao

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If you live in Japan and can read the language, a port of 3DS game Monster Hunter Stories is out over there.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

baram. posted:

desert golfing
I got up to the Devil Hole then gave up. :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mrkillboy posted:

If you live in Japan and can read the language, a port of 3DS game Monster Hunter Stories is out over there.

Will this monster hunter be abandoned after 2 months?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got that for 3DS but haven't started it. I think it has more single player experiences, at least on 3DS. I've heard its very good but also babby's first Monster Hunter, which is kinda what I was looking for. Really surprised it's coming to mobile..

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I just got that for 3DS but haven't started it. I think it has more single player experiences, at least on 3DS. I've heard its very good but also babby's first Monster Hunter, which is kinda what I was looking for. Really surprised it's coming to mobile..

Is it on its way to North America? I'd like to check it out.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Touch Arcade suggests that it's unlikely because Nintendo did the localization for the 3DS English version but who knows?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The phone one or the 3DS one? Because the 3DS one is totally in NA. https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunt...%2Bstories&th=1

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I just joined the Al-goona guild in ClonEvolution. Don't kick me...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

The phone one or the 3DS one? Because the 3DS one is totally in NA. https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunt...%2Bstories&th=1

The phone one.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mr Hootington posted:

Will this monster hunter be abandoned after 2 months?

Its stand alone rpg. There's nothing to abandon.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I made an Alchemist Code thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842650

Together we can marvel at how lovely Dias is.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
In an unexpected bit of news, it looks like the Nvidia Shield is getting HD ports of Nintendo games like Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess. Before you get too excited it's a China only thing unfortunately.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mrkillboy posted:

In an unexpected bit of news, it looks like the Nvidia Shield is getting HD ports of Nintendo games like Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess. Before you get too excited it's a China only thing unfortunately.

So, in other words, the apk will be available online and able to be sideloaded day 1 of the games being in China, and then it's not much problem with a rooted device to 'trick' the app to believe you're running it on a nVidia shield. Of course if you have one, no problem.