Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's weird readong a Tezzor post because you get a glimpse into the brain of someone without any reading comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

euphronius posted:

I'll think you'll find be is surrounded by fan girls and yes women as well, sexist.

Yeah, this is a fair point. Looking at the Clone Wars series, most of the Asajj Ventress episodes were written by his adoptive daughter Katie. Man, did that kid win the lottery on making your deviantart character canon or what

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He seems to be upset that a man whose business is entertainment media tried to make entertainment media.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

Post the loving steampunk wedding pictures Tezzor

Oh poo poo, can it be...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tezzor posted:

George Lucas is in fact a severely overrated hack and a soulless toy-hocking businessman surrounded by useless fanboys and yes-men, which is a relevant consideration when considering the likelihood of the apologetic headcanons of pretentious halfwits as to why he's actually a brilliant intellect operating on a higher level than we see. I did not think this was all that complicated

You seem really mad about people thinking some movies are good.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Tezzor posted:

Those skits are made by third parties, short, and often funny. This pile of poo poo was made by the content creator, of extended length, and going by the sizzle reel is not even remotely funny. The first factor is actually the more relevant, because if a Mad TV sketch on Jurassic Park sucks, who cares? If Spielberg makes talking-dinosaurs Jurassic Park comedy cartoon, you've got to wonder what the gently caress he is thinking even if it isn't terrible. Disney comprehends this. Why don't you?

I thought parts of the trailer were funny, but many parts not. I'm not the intended audience, though. In any case, if you were as enthusiastic about facts as you are about waving around your Lucasrage boner in every post, you'd have maybe seen that George Lucas has nothing to do with that series beyond telling people "go make this thing, and make it funny." He's not the producer, and he's definitely not one of the writers, whose job it is to make it funny.

I mean, George Lucas made Howard the Duck. Steven Spielberg made 1941. Not everyone's every effort is successful, let alone the best thing they've done to date.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh poo poo, can it be...

There's been rumors around GBS for years that Tezzor is Goatstein.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Raxivace posted:

You seem really mad about people thinking some movies are good.

I am actually rather annoyed at how stupid and baseless their arguments are and how they treat their blithering fan theories like the holy koran. Like, if you said: "I think the prequels are good because as someone with severe autism I cannot comprehend human emotions anyway and just like seeing colors and shapes on a screen" I think that would be a fair subjective argument. TimeCube theories about secret moral depth are not.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

homullus posted:

I mean, George Lucas made Howard the Duck. Steven Spielberg made 1941. Not everyone's every effort is successful, let alone the best thing they've done to date.

Those are fun movies, though. :colbert:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Corek posted:

Post the loving steampunk wedding pictures Tezzor

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

I am actually rather annoyed at how stupid and baseless their arguments are and how they treat their blithering fan theories like the holy koran. Like, if you said: "I think the prequels are good because as someone with severe autism I cannot comprehend human emotions anyway and just like seeing colors and shapes on a screen" I think that would be a fair subjective argument. TimeCube theories about secret moral depth are not.

Secret moral depth such as "slavery is bad"

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I will defend the Vader comic to the death purely because of this:

Oh and this:

Like, holy poo poo, they actually get visual storytelling. Well that and the inherent hilarity in defenestration.

Those are pretty good, but even that second one is kind of ruined in context when you see he calls the Emperor and just says "I know what our relationship is" like he just found out his girlfriend is cheating on him or something.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

homullus posted:

I thought parts of the trailer were funny, but many parts not. I'm not the intended audience, though. In any case, if you were as enthusiastic about facts as you are about waving around your Lucasrage boner in every post, you'd have maybe seen that George Lucas has nothing to do with that series beyond telling people "go make this thing, and make it funny." He's not the producer, and he's definitely not one of the writers, whose job it is to make it funny.

He created and financed it and gave the green light on it after seeing spec scripts and episodes and planned to release it on the unsuspecting public apparently thinking it was good until somebody objective and sane took a look at it and said "what the gently caress." I recognize he was not a writer of the "jokes."

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bongo Bill posted:

Secret moral depth such as "slavery is bad"

This is not a productive area of discussion because you seem incapable of realizing that what matters as to the quality of the movies is what's in the movies, not what exists many years later in literary shovelware, a cartoon for children, or your headcanon.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tezzor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3nDgnC7M8

A film by Stahn Brakhage, clearly only liked by people with autism that don't understand humans.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
This reminds me of

Seanbaby posted:

GTA V criticizes American culture with all the elegance of a grumpy pastor watching his first reality show. Missions have you acting as a paparazzo to catch a wholesome actress with a dong up her rear end, massacring hallucinations after too much marijuana, and terrorizing immigrants. Most media outlets praise the game for outrageously mocking every aspect of Los Angeles, but it mocks them without any understanding or tact. If you held a gun to the head of the most secluded Eskimo seal farmer and said, "List California stereotypes," you would not be able to distinguish his list from a GTA V Mission FAQ.

J--Jar Jar sucks! It's a trap! Darth Vader has asthma! Padme's makeup! Please! This is no way to write a comedy series!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

There's been rumors around GBS for years that Tezzor is Goatstein.

It's suddenly very clear as both get run out of everywhere they post for flipping out at regular intervals over nothing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

This is not a productive area of discussion because you seem incapable of realizing that what matters as to the quality of the movies is what's in the movies, not what exists many years later in literary shovelware, a cartoon for children, or your headcanon.

The main character of the original Star Wars is introduced at a slave auction. The main character of the prequels is a slave. The series is just crawling with slaves. Low quality would be including this motif incoherently.

Evil people treat slaves as disposable objects, torture them, forbid them from entering drinking establishments, and send them to die by the million in absurd pointless wars. Good people respect them as people. This is not a secret. It's actually extremely obvious.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
And he was a good friend...that I left limbless and burning to death instead of helping or putting out of his misery.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bongo Bill posted:

The main character of the original Star Wars is introduced at a slave auction. The main character of the prequels is a slave. The series is just crawling with slaves. Low quality would be including this motif incoherently.

Evil people treat slaves as disposable objects, torture them, forbid them from entering drinking establishments, and send them to die by the million in absurd pointless wars. Good people respect them as people. This is not a secret. It's actually extremely obvious.

Mmm, no. You're looking too much into this crap. It's not your fault, it's actually very common. Take a step back and look again: It's childish, GI Joe level morality and you're merely attaching a headcanon to it. I'm sorry.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

And he was a good friend...that I left limbless and burning to death instead of helping or putting out of his misery.

It's a deliberate contrast with how Luke acts after he's defeated (sparing and trying to save him). Obi Wan failed him in every respect, even after he admits as much

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tezzor posted:

Mmm, no. You're looking too much into this crap. It's not your fault, it's actually very common. Take a step back and look again: It's childish, GI Joe level morality and you're merely attaching a headcanon to it. I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspVCc0_R3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7iIyAfWg_w

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Two points:

1: I am specifically talking about the prequels and the claims that there are Deep Motifs and Morality Therein
2. Lmfao oh my god

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tezzor posted:

Two points:

1: I am specifically talking about the prequels and the claims that there are Deep Motifs and Morality Therein
2. Lmfao oh my god

You were not specifically talking about the prequels. The post you were responding to by Bill was arguing that the prequels continue a theme set up in the OT- namely the dichotomy between one protagonist being introduced as helping purchase slaves, and another protagonist being introduced as a slave.

It's a pretty basic parallel.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

GI Joe level morality is also obvious and not a secret. A reading of GI Joe that recognizes moral elements in it is not necessarily "deep," unless by "deep" you mean something unusual.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The ethics of Star Wars are 'on the surface' for everyone to see.

Star Wars fans ignore the surface and search for the 'deep', hidden, personal motivations of fantasized jew-figure George Lucas.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bongo Bill posted:

GI Joe level morality is also obvious and not a secret. A reading of GI Joe that recognizes moral elements in it is not necessarily "deep," unless by "deep" you mean something unusual.

Moral elements like "well a lot of those Cobra guys had families and I bet some of them suffered permanent debilitating brain damage after being punched and knocked out;" that is to say, things that might make sense according to real-world logic, but not in evidence in the story itself.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

Moral elements like "well a lot of those Cobra guys had families and I bet some of them suffered permanent debilitating brain damage after being punched and knocked out;" that is to say, things that might make sense according to real-world logic, but not in evidence in the story itself.

Slavery is also a bad thing "in-universe."

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Tezzor posted:

Here's the last Star Wars thing Lucas created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q

It is shockingly, bafflingly terrible. I had never heard of this series, because:

I mean I wouldn't seek it out, but there were enough decent jokes in that reel that I'd probably watch it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Bongo Bill posted:

Slavery is also a bad thing "in-universe."

I'm going to need to hear what the Disney Story Group has to say on the issue before I can accept that slavery is bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A New Hope makes it clear in the first 20 minutes that droid slavery is accepted by royalty, the military, and the peasantry.

Slavery is only OK when it's not People Like Me

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I hate to be the guy who brings up Hidden Fortress, because its common knowledge at this point, but this is something Lucas has been very up-front about for a long time. It was important to Lucas that Star Wars be told from the perspective of the lowest characters, was that just a mini-stroke or something that he was having at that moment, or was there actual thought behind that decision?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Baronash posted:

I mean I wouldn't seek it out, but there were enough decent jokes in that reel that I'd probably watch it.

Yeah, it feels like a toned-down-for-kids version of Robot Chicken: Star Wars. Which is exactly what it seems like it was supposed to be. Parts of it made me laugh. Especially the part where Dex is going on about all of Padme's poor life decisions.

What am I supposed to be up-in-arms about again?

Jack Gladney posted:

Also, how else do you make machines? Pretty sure that Lucas is a fan of automated production since his billions depend on it.

Threepio is reacting to the idea of a future where human beings have been completely cut out of the process of existence and replaced by self-replicating machines. Automated production has long been considered symbolic of that future, even if by itself there's nothing apocalyptically bad about it.

Vader/Anakin clearly still wanted to live, even if just to enact his revenge on Obi-Wan. He didn't want to be put out of his misery. But at the same time, Obi-Wan knew he couldn't be saved. So he left it up to fate.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 1, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We have entered a realm where words and images have no peaning and only eandom hyperbole holds sway.

The Tezzor zone.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Tezzor posted:

You have strange views on morality.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah, it feels like a toned-down-for-kids version of Robot Chicken: Star Wars. Which is exactly what it seems like it was supposed to be. Parts of it made me laugh. Especially the part where Dex is going on about all of Padme's poor life decisions.

What am I supposed to be up-in-arms about again?

Threepio is reacting to the idea of a future where human beings have been completely cut out of the process of existence and replaced by self-replicating machines. Automated production has long been considered symbolic of that future, even if by itself there's nothing apocalyptically bad about it.

Vader/Anakin clearly still wanted to live, even if just to enact his revenge on Obi-Wan. He didn't want to be put out of his misery. But at the same time, Obi-Wan knew he couldn't be saved. So he left it up to fate.

Cool but you don't do that to someone and still call them a good friend.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

He said "was" a good friend. They were no longer good friends by the time he left him on Mustafar.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Obi-Wan is pretty clearly lying to Luke throughout all of ANH.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Obi-wan was never able to reconcile Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. By his rationalization, the man who was his friend and the man who he hacked to pieces are two different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Serf posted:

Obi-Wan is pretty clearly lying to Luke throughout all of ANH.

In the cantina, where does Kenobi drift off to that Luke is able to be accosted by two criminals on the run?

• Locked thread