Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pesticide20 posted:

Watching Baby Driver right now. It's basically Hotline Miami: The Movie

Okay, that sounds dope as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm pretty sure Baby doesn't beat anyone to death with the butt of a shotgun, rescue a hooker, or go ultraviolence on a police station, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm pretty sure Baby doesn't beat anyone to death with the butt of a shotgun, rescue a hooker, or go ultraviolence on a police station, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

I assumed it was similar in pace, atmosphere, action, sound/soundtrack and such, not a literal movie adaption of Hotline Miami :shrug:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I assumed it was similar in pace, atmosphere, action, sound/soundtrack and such, not a literal movie adaption of Hotline Miami :shrug:

That's essentially what it is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jon Hamm is cool. He does good work in Baby Driver.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Got my first interview with an accounting firm in an hour. Nervous as poo poo. Hoping to use it as a way to get familiar with the interview process but I also really like this company so...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Got my first interview with an accounting firm in an hour. Nervous as poo poo. Hoping to use it as a way to get familiar with the interview process but I also really like this company so...

Confidence is a major part, be confident but not arrogant.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

Confidence is a major part, be confident but not arrogant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rgzsO-AMM

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Knock three times loudly before you enter.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

And then look them all in the eye and say EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE ACCOUNTANT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CHRISTIAN WOLFE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME 50BMG OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TALKING TO WOMEN. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY WENT THROUGH 15 GENERAL LEDGERS IN ONE NIGHT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE CPAS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL WHILE RACKING MY BARRETT. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Rat posted:

And then look them all in the eye and say EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE ACCOUNTANT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CHRISTIAN WOLFE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME 50BMG OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TALKING TO WOMEN. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY WENT THROUGH 15 GENERAL LEDGERS IN ONE NIGHT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE CPAS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL WHILE RACKING MY BARRETT. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

amen

that movie was like GBS wet dream. Aloof spergy loner who's a stone-cold killer

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i think the interview went great. they said 2-3 weeks (possibly sooner) and they will get in contact with me.

not sure how to gauge these things though since it's my first big boy interview.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

been out of the market a while but is 2-3 weeks a normal turn around?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do accounting firms move pretty slowly? Most private sector companies give you feedback in a few days, if not the next business day.

e: I imagine all accounting firms are like the one in Parks and Rec. Probably not fair, but I like it that way.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

That's essentially what it is.

I guess, but the tone of the movie is wildly different from Hotline Miami, to say the least.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They're hiring a year out so maybe, idk

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I just got picked up for a IT on a navy base after interviewing in March.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

They're hiring a year out so maybe, idk

Oh is this like a new grad position? Then yeah, probably safe.

LingcodKilla posted:

I just got picked up for a IT on a navy base after interviewing in March.

If it's a GS position that sounds about right. That, or a contractor who hadn't gotten the award yet but was submitting a bid and needed to have people ready.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Walk in , piss on a desk, and say "this is mine now"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This firm is basically an independent contractor for the state dept.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

psydude posted:

Oh is this like a new grad position? Then yeah, probably safe.

If it's a GS position that sounds about right. That, or a contractor who hadn't gotten the award yet but was submitting a bid and needed to have people ready.

I wish it was GS. Still waiting on my interview from the accepted application turned in right after the freeze lifted.

Just an NMCI bitchboy but the pay is decent for me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
There are two companies I would prefer over this one. What's an appropriate time to wait before I call them back to ask if they have considered me?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If you have the contact info of the people that interviewed you, send them a thank you email today or tomorrow. Otherwise, circle back with the recruiter in two weeks. But if you get an offer for another position that you'd prefer anyway, call them and tell them you're withdrawing your candidacy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ&feature=youtu.be

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

One of the guys i work with just quit and is going to work at Tesla in their injection molding division

Part of me is jealous because that's gonna be some cool poo poo. Part of me is laughing because working for Elon Musk is a higher level of hell from what I've heard.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If any of you have a Nexus 6P that you bought from the Google store and you have battery issues, try getting it replaced right now. Just went through the process (including nearly three hours on hold with Google) and am getting my 64 GB 6P replaced with a 128 GB Pixel XL.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

Just an NMCI bitchboy but the pay is decent for me.

Ah, so YOU'LL be the one I can blame for the consistently worst loving internet I've had since dialup AOL.

Edit: So who's gonna shell out $1150 for an iphone next month? :lol: I want to

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm still paying for my 7 :shepspends:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a 6.

I probably should upgrade.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i think the interview went great. they said 2-3 weeks (possibly sooner) and they will get in contact with me.

not sure how to gauge these things though since it's my first big boy interview.

I just went through this. Buckle up. They're interviewing other people for those 2-3 weeks. This is not an issue of them taking that long to consider you. That would only take a few days -- those weeks are being used to interview other people. In other words, don't follow up early, except for a thank you note, and/or if you have another offer -- if they really like you, they may be willing to make a decision earlier than planned. Start applying elsewhere. Worst case, you have two offers competing against each other. Do not stop interviewing and applying until you have accepted an offer.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 15, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I have a note 4

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The speed in which a company moves depends on how close you are to other offers. When you tell them "I'm actively looking at other companies" they speed things up. If you tell them "I expect (or have) an offer from another company" then miraculously you get an in-person interview/offer at light speed. Assuming of course that the company actually wants you and isn't fishing, or that they're even capable of moving quickly in the first place.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I got a Galaxy S8+, it is p loving huge

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Pesticide20 posted:

If any of you have a Nexus 6P that you bought from the Google store and you have battery issues, try getting it replaced right now. Just went through the process (including nearly three hours on hold with Google) and am getting my 64 GB 6P replaced with a 128 GB Pixel XL.

I just got mine in March, so no battery issues yet. I just hope they're still doing that if/when mine goes to crap.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Galaxy S4 Mini.

It's going on four years old.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

Ah, so YOU'LL be the one I can blame for the consistently worst loving internet I've had since dialup AOL.

They already sent me my frustration converter. No more coffee for me, I'll be powered by pure rage.

"Have you tried turning your internet on and off?"

I'm actually kinda grateful JPAS hosed up my place of birth now. If they hadn't I would have already been on assignment for a travel job making less money in Lemoore. Better pay and close to home woo!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Syrian Lannister posted:

I have a note 4

I have an S4. It works.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You skipping the 9 nomenclature makes sense from an advertising point of view. In a few months it's going to be "Ew, you still have a 7? That's ancient. Why don't you get the 8 with the extra camera and faster processor" and "Ew, you have an 8? Are you cheap or something? Get the X so you're not two generations behind." It's like Jeremy Clarkson explaining the classes on his car-train. Why ride Scum Class when you could pay a few dollars more to be in Second Class?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I upgrade it would be to the 8. I can't spend $1000 on a cell phone that had an operational failure in its showcase and not feel like a jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Next phone will be the 9 and the Xtreme.

• Locked thread