Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the list been so far, I haven't been listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

What a lovely top 15 this year. Kid detectives 2 seriously?

Well next time don't vote for loving Jill Stein.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Unmerciful posted:

What a lovely top 15 this year. Kid detectives 2 seriously?

Wow, I thought that was a serious case of diminishing returns after loving the first one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's my fault. I didn't vote.

Who the hell remembers which episodes out of, like, 100 over the past year are the best?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really like the countdowns because I tend to miss the ends of episodes as I fall asleep, or just don't get around to some. Haven't listened to part 4 yet, but have enjoyed the previous 3 enough. The Xmas episode recently being so good better be high up next year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I can't believe the very time keeper missed out on the top 15.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

I can't believe the very time keeper missed out on the top 15.

I thought he was in one, nay, two! episodes?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Thee shall not, Stripe!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Absolutely can't believe the 2nd Boston show with Time Keeper wasn't #1 tour episode. Weird people.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Can't wait till they finally get to the bottom of this mr microphone thing.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
We should really make sure that they know that they're thinking of The Simpsons Mr. Microphone.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

StalkofWheat posted:

We should really make sure that they know that they're thinking of The Simpsons Mr. Microphone.

I guess people have been spamming their twitters with this?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Lmao at Scott and Paul chastising George Michael in today's ep for Last Christmas, obviously recorded before his death. Am I imagining something or did a similar thing happen in the Best Of from a previous year?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I definitely went back to Pow Pow Power Wheels after Leonard Cohen died to see if the date they said he would die was right. (It wasn't)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Lmao at Scott and Paul chastising George Michael in today's ep for Last Christmas, obviously recorded before his death. Am I imagining something or did a similar thing happen in the Best Of from a previous year?

The Brendon Small Apple Tree ep was crazy coincidental for coming out days after Prince's death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVyHWi6vZd0&t=108s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkLsYepPHo&t=106s

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Absolutely can't believe the 2nd Boston show with Time Keeper wasn't #1 tour episode. Weird people.

I was stunned. I only voted for one episode this year, and it didn't even make the list! No bonus clip for it either, even though the Time Keeper was the best segment of the year.

I'm steamed.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Was also disappointed as I was there. And they didn't even play the part where he says "he was a watchdog!" on the tour best of episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i didn't care for kid detectives 2 but every claudia o'doherty episode made the countdown so i am okay with it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

cams posted:

i didn't care for kid detectives 2 but every claudia o'doherty episode made the countdown so i am okay with it.

Agreed. Also I could listen to that Apple Tree episode forever, Victor and Tiny are my favorite because I miss Home Movies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thick my top CBB moment might be Victor and Tiny's podcast with the dentist.

Though y'all could probably bring up a dozen more that would bump it from the top spot.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I thought Rich Mind Vain was a good episode. Real Sean starting out, then his character, and the rest of the guests later on worked well together. But I didn't vote so I cant complain.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorite moment of all time is probably harris' first foam corner on the thanksgiving episode with michael cera and huel howser and others. the way jimmy pardo enjoyed harris' stuff was beautiful.

my top 5 are probably 4 foam corners and a bob ducca list.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I thought Rich Mind Vain was a good episode. Real Sean starting out, then his character, and the rest of the guests later on worked well together. But I didn't vote so I cant complain.
i voted for this episode and the second hollywood handbook episode but i was let down. i understand why people do not love hollywood handbook, but they're wrong.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

cams posted:

i understand why people do not love hollywood handbook, but they're wrong.

I love that a fan told them to their faces that it took dozens of episodes to finally start enjoying the show.

I mean, same thing happened with me. And probably a lot of other people. But I'd never say that to them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Thick my top CBB moment might be Victor and Tiny's podcast with the dentist.

Though y'all could probably bring up a dozen more that would bump it from the top spot.

This and horse boxing are my top two.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

FCKGW posted:

This and horse boxing are my top two.

"In order to get those 10 thousand horses you had to be at... uh 70 million horse births, in 20 years!?"

"Is that all?"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm surprised Al A. Peterson the Smooth Criminal story didn't get put up in the countdown. Each story telling of that clumsy portmanteau was the funniest thing of 2016.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Probably not what you were thinking of but there's a really unfortunate coincidental bit in Mike Detective episode 6:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/ace-ventura-mike-detective/

quote:

The following episode of Mike Detective was recorded prior to the untimely death this week of Gary Moore, guitarist for Thin Lizzy. We regret any references that may come across as slightly insensitive as that was not our intention.

"It feels good to breathe the sweet, sweet air- the same air that Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore breathes in every morning of every day. I had a feeling that death was quite a ways off for me, just as it assuredly must be for Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore, who will never, ever die of drug related causes. But enough about Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore and the wonderful life that he has ahead of him!"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

anotherone posted:

Probably not what you were thinking of but there's a really unfortunate coincidental bit in Mike Detective episode 6:

Uh, I don't think that was coincidental.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Why would they apologize if it wasnt a coincidence. Think.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anotherone posted:

wow what bad luck

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

feedmyleg posted:

So do you think that Rob Huebel murdered Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

anotherone posted:

feedmyleg posted:

Someone here is missing a joke

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Still not a fan of Solo Bolos, but Benny & Horatio is OK with me.
e: that was re: the coming episode.

Also Rob Huebel almost definitely murdered Gary Moore.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 1, 2017

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Shoot a load in Annie!

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Still not a fan of Solo Bolos, but Benny & Horatio is OK with me.
e: that was re: the coming episode.

Also Rob Huebel almost definitely murdered Gary Moore.

How did you know?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wonder when this one was recorded... Best Of part 4 had a George Michael reference which was obviously before he passed, pretty sure they would've said something after singing one of his tracks in today if it was after Xmas but didn't hear it.

They say that video killed the radio star, but I'm starting to think podcasts have a hand in it too.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure they record all of the best ofs in one day. So the 18th the latest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ate at the Candlelight Inn once. It was ok.