Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

unlawfulsoup posted:

Did I hear Type 59, the best tank in WoT being mentioned?
You did. :c00l::respek::clint: Type 59 owning buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jack_tripper posted:

you get 250 gold per extra key that you purchased through the store. you get nothing for any extras earned in-game

That's cheep, wargaming. Real cheep.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Bort Bortles posted:

You did. :c00l::respek::clint: Type 59 owning buddy!

High five, keep being awesome with the tank of Agrajag's dreams!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
bitch nerds

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

I still cant believe I didnt listen to you and got myself that one hour ban :cripes: I as having a pretty lovely night and was getting whiney so it was probably for the best. Now I am blue in the garage and in game again. I wonder how long it will take it to wear off this time...

Yeah, I guess I should've clarified ahead of time that I'm the expert on TKing (and avoiding bans.)

JohnGalt posted:

So on the JT codes. I got the first one to work but the other 3 read as invalid. Did WG just gently caress me or should I contact kinguin to get new codes?

Definitely contact Kinguin, WG isn't involved here. "Invalid code" sounds like a transcription problem (rather than someone trying to resell a used code) but I still hope you opted for the buyer protection option.

Control Volume posted:

a45 status: ammo racked in two shots in the first game i played

The E-50 gets racked almost every game, sometimes more than once, with Safe Stowage and a Wet Rack.

MariusLecter posted:

Not gonna lie, I like to think every cop is a mouth breathing wot pubby

The best part about the Payday games is that you can pretend you're exacting [virtual] revenge on cops who have just murdered unarmed black people! I wish I was exaggerating here, but.... :smith:

Edit: http://www.somethingawful.com/news/cop-terrors-haunted/

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

NotWearingPants posted:

I've been getting tired of Tanks so I've been trying to find a game I like better and so far I'm coming up empty.

When I get bored of tanks I play Unturned, its a free and dumb zombie game.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The T-43 is a T-34-85 with minor upsides and slight downgrades. The VK3002D is an unstoppable killing machine capable of turning thousands of credits into scores of dead enemy tanks. I would rather have the VK3002D when fighting against other non-light tier sevens. It's the perfect balance between mobility, armor, HP, alpha, gun handling and DPM.

The t-43 is a capable chai sniper capable of +60% solo win rates.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when will the japanese fatsoes hit the game?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hey so the crew retraining discount is active and I need to retrain a bunch of crews:
My T-54 crew is 90% of their third skill. Should I go BIA, <spot specific skill>, then 90% Repair or Camo?
My E-50 crew is 90% on their third skill. For the Commander I am going BIA, Sixth Sense; should I bother with Recon or should I do repairs?
My Bat-Chat crew is only at 85% on their second skill :gonk: Should I BIA and then have other skills or skip it and reset later so I can have sixth sense at 100% right now?

I own a vehicle called "T1E6" - should I....keep it? Melt it down for scrap?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

Hey so the crew retraining discount is active and I need to retrain a bunch of crews:
My T-54 crew is 90% of their third skill. Should I go BIA, <spot specific skill>, then 90% Repair or Camo?
My E-50 crew is 90% on their third skill. For the Commander I am going BIA, Sixth Sense; should I bother with Recon or should I do repairs?
My Bat-Chat crew is only at 85% on their second skill :gonk: Should I BIA and then have other skills or skip it and reset later so I can have sixth sense at 100% right now?

I own a vehicle called "T1E6" - should I....keep it? Melt it down for scrap?

T-54: Repair + Camo + individual skills (e.g. 6th sense)
E-50: BIA + Repair + individual skills
BC: Ignore BIA until you're at least on your 3rd skill; camo is important, so you should have that + individual skills

T1E6 is kind of crappy, but kind of collectible if you're into that sort of thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Don't sell gift tanks, keep them and get free gold the next time they're given out for missions or whatever.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The T1E6 is a tier 2 that's worse than tier 1 tanks. Don't even bother keeping it for gold, I don't think they gave it away again after the first time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They gave the T1E6 away for completing the A45 mission and for another mission that I didn't even bother attempting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

The T1E6 is a tier 2 that's worse than tier 1 tanks. Don't even bother keeping it for gold, I don't think they gave it away again after the first time.

They've given it away four times.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

loving FINALLY.

Now to hemorrhage gold rounds from my T-54 to get the 3k damage mission that I've constantly been "completing" while not having gotten past the incinerator mission.

And I love this 3x crew XP modifier. Almost 9k XP for my dudes on their way to the third skill? Why, yes please.

HA!
The very next loving mission:

Two arty dudes on the other team constantly mocked me since I was basically capping for 6 straight minutes while constantly getting reset, slowly losing crew members and getting whittled down to 11 hp. Sat there with 2840 damage dealt and 25 seconds left to cap, thinking "Well, guess I won't get the mission, but at least I'll carry this match.". Full health SU-14-2 rolls over the hill, dooming all my hopes.

I shoot the guy down to 100hp and make peace with my god. He, for pubbie reasons, doesn't aim while I reload and instead snapshots past me. I can't believe my luck, kill him, collect my mission primary, mission secondary and the win.

:)

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Aug 1, 2015

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently it's Wargaming's 5th anniversary this month, because the premium shop has a whole bunch of previously unavailable tanks in it. Cost inflated by being packaged with a buncha gold.

In reverse order:

LTP
T7 Combat Car
Tetrarch
Type-97 Te-Ke
Light Mk. VIC
M3 Light
T1E6
Pz.Kpfw. B2 740
KV-220
105 LeFH18B2
T-34-85M
KV-5

May not have reached NA server yet.

I kinda want that arty, but it's packaged with 15000 gold because why the gently caress not.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Is the M3 Light worth getting?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mans posted:

when will the japanese fatsoes hit the game?

racist

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The 105 is a relentless machine rapidly vomiting out shells over a wide area. I love it.

Our team had me, a bishop and a st.pz II. Towards the end the last 5 enemy tanks were concentrated in the neutral base to capture it. Don't think I've ever seen such a constant bombardment. Couldn't see the last tank in there so we were just reducing the base to dust, a shell every few seconds.

More than two arty on a team is kinda overkill.

(I didn't resist buying it for very long.)

EDIT: SPG-10 kill 2 enemy SPG's done. Bottom tiered, second most damage, most exp. I WONDER WHY THIS WAS REMOVED FROM THE STORE. If you like arty, get this thing. Or if you're just sadistic.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 1, 2015

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I got a Radley-Walters in the LeFH18B2 the other day. Thing's completely ridiculous.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

is-6 status:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Finally got the AMX 30b, have not had a chance to give it a shot yet.

Day real life :argh:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

My Clownshoe found a new purpose as a tank that was custom built to counter IS-6s. It is beautiful to shut down entire platoons of statpadding IS-6s :allears:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mesadoram posted:

Finally got the AMX 30b, have not had a chance to give it a shot yet.

Day real life :argh:

Tier 10 pub battles are still horrendously poo poo.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Agrajag posted:

Play type 59 so you don't have to see battle tier 10, friend :)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Salean posted:

Play type 59 so you don't have to see battle tier 10, friend :)

Exactly, also make a ton of credits while dominating people.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Salean posted:

Im a turbo nerd and I envy you so much Agrajag, friend :)

unlawfulsoup posted:

Agrajag you're dominating people.

Yup I know.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Can we make a team battle team of 6 t59s tonight? I feel like it would make pubbies cry.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Agrajag posted:

Yup I know.

Since you don't have a Type 59, it is literally impossible for you to dominate anyone.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
What's the verdict on the AMX CDC? I kind of want one. I like medium tanks (even though it's gigantic), and I feel like it would really force me to improve my medium play because every single shot penetrates it.

The gun, gun depression and mobility are really appealing to me, and I want another tier 8 premium anyway.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

M.C. McMic posted:

What's the verdict on the AMX CDC? I kind of want one. I like medium tanks (even though it's gigantic), and I feel like it would really force me to improve my medium play because every single shot penetrates it.

The gun, gun depression and mobility are really appealing to me, and I want another tier 8 premium anyway.

I know good players can get solid results out of CDCs and have seen the tank get sporadic stronghold use. I also know it is a tinfoil 'medium' that gets tier 10 battles because of non-pref MM. If you are good at playing Leopard-esque tanks, I think you may enjoy it. Otherwise, I would probably pass. Either way, the WG Anniversary is coming up soon so I would wait for that before jumping on a premium tank.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

unlawfulsoup posted:

Either way, the WG Anniversary is coming up soon so I would wait for that before jumping on a premium tank.

Awesome, thanks. I'm always oblivious to stuff like this and end up wasting money.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

They've given it away four times.

Well, shows how much attention I pay to this terrible game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

solo pubbing status:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

JohnGalt posted:

Can we make a team battle team of 6 t59s tonight? I feel like it would make pubbies cry.

Everyone worth a drat has one, so it should be easy.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Control Volume posted:

solo pubbing status:

That was me yesterday. 2100 WN8, 15/42 wins.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
How Japan bought a Tiger

The Japanese armed forces were typical for any island nation. The navy and air force came first. Land forces weren't left out entirely, but they lagged behind their European counterparts that were more adapted for fighting a land war.

This was very noticeable when it came to tanks. Even the best Japanese tank, the Shinhoto Chi-Ha, was no match for a Soviet T-34, German PzIV, or American Sherman. There were no heavy Japanese tanks at all.

The Motherland is in Danger

The inferior quality of Japanese tanks was not a consequence of a mistake. The Japanese mostly fought on Pacific islands, where everything had to be delivered by sea, which put a limit on the weight of their vehicles. Island landscapes also did not allow for the use of large and heavy tanks. Japan's only large continental enemy, China, was poorly armed. Japanese tanks were more than sufficient.

On December 7th, 1941, Japan attacked the United States. After that, the victorious march of the Imperial Army across Pacific islands began. The Japanese captured the Philippines, many Oceanic islands, parts of New Guinea. In order to change this situation, the Allies had to spend a lot of time and effort.

During their domination of the Pacific, the Japanese created a sort of defense perimeter where islands acted as strongholds. Bit by bit, the Americans started bending the odds in their favour. In June of 1942, the Japanese lost four aircraft carriers at Midway. The 6-month battle for Guadalcanal ended with an American victory and took away Japanese strategic initiative. The defense perimeter cracked under pressure and slowly, island by island, the Americans drew closer and closer to Japan.

Japanese military commanders had to think about the possibility of American soldiers landing on Japanese soil. The heavy tanks necessary to counter such an offensive were still in planning stages. However, Japan's ally already had a successful new heavy tank, the Pz.Kpfw VI Tiger.

Cargo with no Future

At first, Germany gladly offered assistance to its Axis allies. The Japanese ambassador Hiroshi Oshima was invited to Kummersdorf and to see the production process at the Henschel factory. The ambassador was pleased and began negotiations with the Ministry of Armament.

Two sets of documentation on microfilm were sent in 1943. The issue was the purchase of the tank itself. In 1943, the Tiger cost 300,000 Reichsmarks. The Ministry of Armament and Henschel asked for 645,000. The price was inflated, but it was not necessarily because the Germans decided to make a profit off their allies. First, the tank was fully equipped, including ammunition, optics, and a radio. Second, the Germans were willing to disassemble and pack the tank for shipment to Japan themselves. In addition, the cost of documentation was included in the price.

Why take it apart? The main difficulty was not the purchase itself, but the delivery. Taking it by transport ship was too dangerous, the Allies dominated the Mediterranean and Atlantic. The solution was to use a submarine, but what submarine could old a massive 30-ton hull? Underwater aircraft carriers capable of carrying such a weight were still being built, so the tank would not make it to Japan any time soon. The most optimistic estimates placed the date of delivery in December of 1944.

Nevertheless, the tank was sent to the French port of Bordeaux. In February of 1944, the Japanese paid for their order, and the tank belonged to them, while remaining a dead weight with a questionable future. In the summer of 1944, the Allies landed in Normandy and left Germany in a difficult situation.

On September 21st, 1944, OKH decided to rent (other sources say simply seize) the Tiger and transferred it to the German army. It was lost somewhere on the Western Front.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

OMFGWHYDIDIDOTHISTOMYSELFIREGRETEVERYTHING

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

2 fires! MT-12 complete. gently caress YOU WG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So the IS-8 is too good.

You're telling me that it used to be even better when it was the tier 9 IS-4?

Thanks snapshot meta! I sure enjoy a game where firing totally unaimed is straight up more accurate than being fully aimed!

WayAbvPar posted:

2 fires! MT-12 complete. gently caress YOU WG.

Most difficult mission completed, have fun farming the rest.