Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Baconroll posted:

16 days until Luclin on Coirnav ! I'm actually looking forward to it as it will be first time most of the people in my guild will have done exp groups as 'mains' in months.

Theres plenty of raiders who started after everyone else had already hit 60 so have never grouped with anyone other than alts.

It will be interesting to see what 6 decent geared mains can actually do.

what guild are you rolling in?

my guild has some high raiding expectations for a casual guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Luclin will be my first time doing an expansion launch with a raiding guild. You experienced folks have any advice for all this VT shard bullshit?

Solarin fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 20, 2018

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I keep hearing conflicting information between "you can do it in one day" and "it'll take 2-3 weeks".

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

suuma posted:

I keep hearing conflicting information between "you can do it in one day" and "it'll take 2-3 weeks".

So, with a lot of heart ache, training, and bullshit, you can get all your shards day 1 IF it's for a single toon and you get lucky with spawns... However, Realistically if you're not in RI or the other big OW guilds on coirnav, you're not getting into VT until week 3 anyway, and you might as well, go farm your poo poo for your emp key/Ssra bane, your AAs and your seru bane poo poo in the mean time, and then come back after week 1-2 and not worry about getting trained out of fungus grove/maiden's eye when a shard mob pops.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Theoretically you could finish a key. In practice unless you get absurdly lucky, are in a top guild that can put a force out to avoid getting trained, or want to tolerate the gently caress pile of people squatting on the bottleneck camps you probably won't and your play time is probably better spent elsewhere improving your character.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
I'm going to assume Mabbu and his crew are going to lock down Emperor, which means at the VERY LEAST you'll have to wait two lockouts to realistically raid VT (yes, you can do it with less people. It's about as fun as nailing your dick to the wall).

My opinion is wander around, look at the bottle neck camps (Dawnshroud, Maiden's Eye, The Grey, and Fungus Grove) and see if there's something you can get in on. If not, go work on the easier ones and your Emperor key, Ssra picks can support enough groups that you can pretty continuously farm for your Emp key while getting decent xp. Otherwise, basically let the sockers get their poo poo done and then start after them. If that's the case, go do something like Grieg or Akehva or something and just get xp.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Solarin posted:

Luclin will be my first time doing an expansion launch with a raiding guild. You experienced folks have any advice for all this VT shard bullshit?

Grab a few friends that need the same shards, and just do like 1 zone a day as a goal. Emp Key is more important early on, because VT requires an emp piece.

It really depends on your guild's goal. If they are blitzing to VT asap, then you need emp and vt shards done. But most casual-esque guilds wont be in VT until week 3 or 4. So make sure you done burn out and keep it steady pushing.

Also, expect to get trained, charm gated, literally anything'd at shard/key camps. Plan accordingly. If you are contesting poo poo, expect charm pets to get dispelled. Expect clerics and tanks and dps to get bestow divine aura'd. You have you have a plan for these things.

Rajaah
Oct 7, 2018

xZAOx posted:

I can't believe CoC hasn't cleared Crystallos yet.

We downed Kerafyrm yesterday on our first serious night of trying. We actually got to him two weeks before that, but for a variety of reasons we just didn't push it on those two weeks and fell in the standings. It is what it is, we'll course-correct for SoD. People really brought the thunder yesterday though, took out Ice 1, Ice 2, and BM within I think an hour and a half of raid start which is pretty good for it being the time-consuming ice wing and left us plenty of time for Kera (which took 2 or 3 tries I believe).

Solarin posted:

Maiden's Eye and Fungus Grove were the two most difficult shards for me to get (too contested and too rare of spawns, respectively) so may want to leave those for last. Work on your Emp key first since Ssra won't be as overcrowded with everyone out doing shards, then start picking off the easier shards like Acrylia and The Grey. My advice for those is to form a raid and split up, then roll shard drops until everyone's got one. It's the only way to not get a huge headache in places like Dawnshroud, where any level 25 mob in the cave can drop a shard. I'll say this, I did the shard farm once and I'm never doing it again on any server.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Boognasty still in CoC?

Rajaah
Oct 7, 2018
I think he retired a while ago or otherwise got the boot, unfortunately. Not sure what happened, never really saw him raid aside from a Solteris run. Not an officer and don't play much outside of raids so I'm not too up on current events most of the time.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
25th expansion next month, 20th anniversary next year. Can anything finally kill this stupid game?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Rajaah posted:

I think he retired a while ago or otherwise got the boot, unfortunately. Not sure what happened, never really saw him raid aside from a Solteris run. Not an officer and don't play much outside of raids so I'm not too up on current events most of the time.

Shame. Maybe he quit due to CoC not being ''hardcore'' enough. This isn't a knock on your guild. He just likes to raid everything as soon as lockouts are up and split raid it as much as possible. He'd get cranky if we could split something but didn't.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Popping by because this totally made me think of goon glory days on Test:

https://old.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/9tgfnc/mmo_roleplaying_how_a_roleplayer_got_banned_in/

I swear that has to be Gnonotmybutt. HAS to be.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

Popping by because this totally made me think of goon glory days on Test:

https://old.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/9tgfnc/mmo_roleplaying_how_a_roleplayer_got_banned_in/

I swear that has to be Gnonotmybutt. HAS to be.

oh man, i miss test, I haven't seen you in a long time man, are you still playing in any capacity?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I had some good nostalgia flashbacks for our time on Test while on Phinny - specifically doing CoA (Trees got me my 2.0 orb with his box crew), and Vergalid Mines (a group of us exp'd there and explored a lot).

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed the VT key on Coirnav earlier today - No particular drama with shards or emp key.

Oddly the hardest one to get was Scarlet Desert - took over 2 hours of clearing for the shard to drop.

But I don't play during peak American hours so I likely miss most of the grief and tears. I did get a few threats to be 'put on the list' for refusing to give up camps to 'leading guild' special snowflakes but thats whats shadowplay is for.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Maiden's Eye has been a shitshow. (during EST primetime anyway)

I've been slacking real hard and should probably work on VT key. Doing Emp key today probably.

suuma fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 28, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Didn't they fix VT so you now have to clear all the trash to do the bosses? If so loving hahhahahahhahhhhhahaha.....ahhahahhhahahhahahha

hahahhahahahahahahha

hahahhahahha

ahahahh

ahah

h

a

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah. I was in BDA during that time, and we cleared trash anyways :(. Was a huge slog.

We actually never cleared it. Didn't have time, so we'd just go to the end boss, meaning we skipped 1 or 2 of the bosses on the way there.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah our movement through VT was pretty special, I had 5 gnome mages that i stopped playing in classic that got resurrected as VT coth bots, and our pullers did some crazy stuff to get all the things to where we needed them to breeze through the quickest.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah the idea of spending 5 hours clearing VT trash when our raids are 4 hours long has made me question why we're bothering with VT at all.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

iNteg posted:

oh man, i miss test, I haven't seen you in a long time man, are you still playing in any capacity?

Hahah no I'm not, but i miss the good ol days. I tried prog servers a few times, but it never stuck.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Baconroll posted:

But I don't play during peak American hours so I likely miss most of the grief and tears. I did get a few threats to be 'put on the list' for refusing to give up camps to 'leading guild' special snowflakes but thats whats shadowplay is for.

This was great on Agnarr. Myself (paladin) w/ bard box and my buddy (necro), w/ clr box would roll up to all the undead camps. We showed up to The Grey and there were 3 monks, a bard, a mage and a druid or something. We just dps raced and they got super buttmad and sent me tells like "wtf do you need shards for, you aren't going to see VT for like 2 months anyway". We had other almost every other guild at some point try to remove us with trains or bringing more dudes. It was all fine and dandy until I proc 1-2 slay undeads and the mob dies and we just leave (regardless of if we get a shard).

VT is a bit of a clusterfuck, but honestly it's kinda fun. Everyone has to be engaged the entire time to make it through in a timely manner. Pretty much all classes have roles. Warriors and especially Knights are super useful because you have to pull giant packs. Wizards/Mages for aoe. Bards for aoe + aoe slow, shaman slowing/healing, rogues/rangers dpsing the higher hp mobs. etc etc

Going back after PoP though, it feels like a drag.

Edit: There is a way to get cothbots in position. But its kinda complicated. You need a Bard + Clr + Mage.

Bard Selos then DAs and others run with him. When DA drops, Clr bestow DAs himself (because insta cast) and corpse drags mage to safe area then divine res and the mage takes it after the mobs leave.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 29, 2018

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Does EoE accept casual babby goons who just want somewhere to hang out while leveling on Phinny?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Nur_Neerg posted:

Does EoE accept casual babby goons who just want somewhere to hang out while leveling on Phinny?

If you want it for guildchat and maybe eventual raider status, then yes. Raider status is subject to needs/application as normal though.

If you want guild tag for getting groups, you're going to be very disappointed, especially with both the holidays coming up and SoF winding down. Posting this on a Friday night and like 7 people are on right now. Things will pick up again in SoD, but for the most part no one is going to be doing low levels (fortunately, you can tank merc to 65 w/o even remotely running into issues, and 65 can group with 85 for the rest).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
And fwiw, that's not like, an EOE problem. Every raid guild is going to be that way

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Hoohah posted:

If you want it for guildchat and maybe eventual raider status, then yes. Raider status is subject to needs/application as normal though.

If you want guild tag for getting groups, you're going to be very disappointed, especially with both the holidays coming up and SoF winding down. Posting this on a Friday night and like 7 people are on right now. Things will pick up again in SoD, but for the most part no one is going to be doing low levels (fortunately, you can tank merc to 65 w/o even remotely running into issues, and 65 can group with 85 for the rest).

The former :) Mostly want somewhere to chill and chat/ask questions that isn't general population. Who should I bug for an invite? Monk named Kokayeena.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Corinav Question:

Trying to max LockPick on a Bard, I am at 42 Skill right now:

*Went to Befallen, 1st and 3rd doors are just unlocked permanently; I clicked door 2 a bunch of times and never got a skill-up

*Went to Najena, all the doors there gave me "Not sufficient skill to pick this lock."

*Guild nerds are telling me to go to Paineel and click rocks?

*Some other guild guy said he got to 200 in Befallen but if it takes 20+ clicks for 1 skill-up then count me out

Any lockpick TLP advice?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Elephunk posted:

Corinav Question:

*Went to Befallen, 1st and 3rd doors are just unlocked permanently; I clicked door 2 a bunch of times and never got a skill-up

*Went to Najena, all the doors there gave me "Not sufficient skill to pick this lock."

*Some other guild guy said he got to 200 in Befallen but if it takes 20+ clicks for 1 skill-up then count me out

Any lockpick TLP advice?

AutoHotkey is the part they didn't mention in /gu i'm guessing, look up click macros but properly time them to not fire every ms.

You'll gain lockpick on any door you can unlock, so find a locked door you can pop open, Befallen door 2 but

Elephunk posted:

if it takes 20+ clicks for 1 skill-up then count me out
way higher, seriously AHK is your friend. Not saying run it overnight, but watch netflix / play anything else while you skill it.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 4, 2018

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
(also run it overnight)

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thanks to everyone that gave advice for Luclin keying on a TLP. I tagged along with a group that went straight for the Maiden's Eye and Fungus Grove shards and spent hours grinding that garbage. It sucked but at least it was uncontested since the top guild was grinding the poo poo out of Ssra at the time.

The rest of the shards were okay, the worst for me were Dawnshroud and Scarlet Desert. Overall the quest was mostly annoying because of the terrible drop rate. I didn't hate the concept of it and liked visiting all these new (to me) zones. It would have been really super gross to do before they added pick zones to the game.

Our first VT clear was on Sunday. We had like 65+ mains there and were flying through it (should have finished at like 4.5 hours) until the server starts desynching. About 30 seconds after we kill a boss the whole server goes down and boots everyone. It comes back up after 5 minutes and our instance is gone and the raid is over.

By far the worst experience I've had on the progression servers with the game. After putting up with the massive bullshit of keying so many people.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Elephunk posted:

Corinav Question:

Any lockpick TLP advice?

Paineel's entrance rock is the way I leveled my bard's lock pick on Agnarr. I can't tell you exactly what the minimum skill is, I trained mine to about 100 at the GM. That was enough for Paineel at least, and a nice thing about that spot was there's two pickable rocks if one is already in use.

Absolutely use Auto Hotkey or some automation software. Just stay near your PC if you're uneasy about using it unattended. It will take hours and hours (I think INT helps). I left mine running over night without issue, just try to set yourself up so people can't easily screw with your character.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
https://massivelyop.com/2018/12/07/daybreak-has-suffered-another-round-of-layoffs-between-60-and-70-people/

"Daybreak has suffered another round of layoffs, between 60 and 70 people"

"It sounds as if the core MMORPGs are safe."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:stonk: i didnt think daybreak had 60-70 people left

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh poo poo patch notes

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-12-04-2018-patch-notes-and-discussions.253075/

Highlights:
- Melody now skips to the next song if a recast timer hasn't elapsed, instead of interrupting the melody.

- Added a MOTHER loving Faction Window that allows you to check your reaction and standing with every group in EverQuest.
- - This new window can be accessed by clicking the EQ Button and selecting Character -> Faction Standings or by typing /faction.
- - Hovering over a faction name or reaction entry will display your current reaction value with a group as well as the number of points needed to reach the next reaction rank.
- - Hovering over the standing progress bar will display your current standing (how much you have done to help or hurt this group) as well as the minimum and maximum possible standing with the group.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

xZAOx posted:

- Added a MOTHER loving Faction Window that allows you to check your reaction and standing with every group in EverQuest.
- - This new window can be accessed by clicking the EQ Button and selecting Character -> Faction Standings or by typing /faction.
- - Hovering over a faction name or reaction entry will display your current reaction value with a group as well as the number of points needed to reach the next reaction rank.
- - Hovering over the standing progress bar will display your current standing (how much you have done to help or hurt this group) as well as the minimum and maximum possible standing with the group.

HOLY loving SHITBALLS

Whelp, it only took 19 years for them to give in.

poolside toaster fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 10, 2018

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I never thought they'd put the effort into a faction window, wow.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Node posted:

I never thought they'd put the effort into a faction window, wow.

Hey Bob, I can't figure out how to troubleshoot my faction standing to check it for the quest I'm building. The last guy who knew how to do it got fired 2 years ago

Uh, poo poo, I guess I'll add a debugging window for you to use to look at your standing. But the guy who knew how to limit permissions to use the debugger window got fired last year

gently caress it, just let everyone use it and call it a feature

~fini~

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Devor posted:

Hey Bob, I can't figure out how to troubleshoot my faction standing to check it for the quest I'm building. The last guy who knew how to do it got fired 2 years ago

Uh, poo poo, I guess I'll add a debugging window for you to use to look at your standing. But the guy who knew how to limit permissions to use the debugger window got fired last year

gently caress it, just let everyone use it and call it a feature

~fini~

Sad, but true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

xZAOx posted:

https://massivelyop.com/2018/12/07/daybreak-has-suffered-another-round-of-layoffs-between-60-and-70-people/

"Daybreak has suffered another round of layoffs, between 60 and 70 people"

"It sounds as if the core MMORPGs are safe."

Huh, apparently they're gonna show off a new game they're working on this morning too.