Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

Popete posted:

It's weird how every post you've made in this thread is like the exact opposite of what's cool and good.

He's right though.

Aside from bitching about streamers for days has anyone gotten to try the new gun? I have had the worst luck w loot crates lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hot take: It is currently not fun to play this game due to the lag.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Hot take: It is currently not fun to play this game due to the lag.

Is lag preventing you from honking?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Popete posted:

Is lag preventing you from honking?

By way of not being able to target a vehicle to use, yes.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Shima Honnou posted:

lol this update is so broken

duo first person just throws both people into first person solo matches

and if one person gets knocked it just ends for both

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

This is weird, but my Discord keybinds no longer work when I'm in PUBG after this update. Any ideas what is causing that?

Edit: Nvm, setting Discord to run as Admin fixed this. Maybe just a coincidence that it stopped working in the past 12 hours.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 4, 2017

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

because who likes falling damage???

I was downed on a 3 story roof and crawled off the edge to fight again, it was hilarious.

If you caught a series of fisticuffs from a one "Seamus Mcwhiskey" then :lol:
Had a ringside seat to that :munch:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I get the argument that it's early access and people buy in with the understanding it's a WIP, but releasing an update for a game that is significantly worse than the previous version is not a good look. They obviously don't have to delay patches but you should have some pride in the product you're putting out there. If they had just said "we're having some significant issues with the latest patch and will be delaying it for x days", would anyone have really cared?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If they had just said "we're having some significant issues with the latest patch and will be delaying it for x days", would anyone have really cared?

Literally, yes. People were already freaking out that PlayerUnknown was 'doing some travelling' and delayed the monthly patch by 1 week. The same people who are complaining about this patch breaking the game for less than 24 hours are the same ones who would complain about another delay.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I get the argument that it's early access and people buy in with the understanding it's a WIP, but releasing an update for a game that is significantly worse than the previous version is not a good look. They obviously don't have to delay patches but you should have some pride in the product you're putting out there. If they had just said "we're having some significant issues with the latest patch and will be delaying it for x days", would anyone have really cared?

There are very often times in software development where you push something out to production only for things to break horribly because your test environment only matched 99% and that 1% caused everything to go haywire.

The only solution in this case would be for them to pull the patch and rerelease it in a few days when they figure out why it blew up in production but even that can be a huge pain point.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

FZeroRacer posted:

There are very often times in software development where you push something out to production only for things to break horribly because your test environment only matched 99% and that 1% caused everything to go haywire.

The only solution in this case would be for them to pull the patch and rerelease it in a few days when they figure out why it blew up in production but even that can be a huge pain point.

From all accounts all these issues were present in the test server as well.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The whole point of having a test server is so you can say "oh crap, this patch is super rough. Good thing we were able to catch these issues before pushing it live!", and then you take a few more days to fix those issues and try again.

It's hella dumb to see that the patch is broken on the test server and then push it live anyway.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

PantsBandit posted:

From all accounts all these issues were present in the test server as well.

not at all. they pushed out an early patch on the test server that fixed a lot of it i think. i mean basically every streamer was playing on the test server for 1pp and it was fine. biggest complaint was the nerfed looting speed which they reverted. duos also worked fine.

this is probably another case of somebody making something up leading to mass hysteria.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jabor posted:

The whole point of having a test server is so you can say "oh crap, this patch is super rough. Good thing we were able to catch these issues before pushing it live!", and then you take a few more days to fix those issues and try again.

It's hella dumb to see that the patch is broken on the test server and then push it live anyway.

Exactly this.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fletcher confirmed spokeperson of the Streamers' Rights Union.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hockles posted:

Exactly this.

Yes but how could PU start collecting fat key monies if it doesn't go live asap?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Zo posted:

not at all. they pushed out an early patch on the test server that fixed a lot of it i think. i mean basically every streamer was playing on the test server for 1pp and it was fine. biggest complaint was the nerfed looting speed which they reverted. duos also worked fine.

this is probably another case of somebody making something up leading to mass hysteria.

Test server was unplayable laggy for me except for 1 match out of around 10 that I tried, so this stuff was still present yesterday.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Doubles FPP is one thing I think they need to fix asap. That was basically THE big thing for this patch and 50% of it is fundamentally broken. I don't know if that was broken in the test server so I'm not particularly upset about it, but it's really got to be a priority for them.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hawowanlawow posted:

The report button is pretty weird. The code of conduct says you can be banned for stream sniping, but doesn't explain what stream sniping is. lol

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

Doubles FPP is one thing I think they need to fix asap. That was basically THE big thing for this patch and 50% of it is fundamentally broken. I don't know if that was broken in the test server so I'm not particularly upset about it, but it's really got to be a priority for them.

Duos FPP was broken, but it got fixed. That's why it's so weird that it came back.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So if I hilt a dude with my motorcycle does he die?
I "thought" I hit a guy earlier today, but I didn't get credit for a kill. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't but he went flying. Also the lag was so bad I was basically teleporting.

Running dudes over never gets old.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticManlyWrenchThisIsSparta

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I guess locked crate holds the vaunted tracksuit, because I've started seeing them in the wild.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
5 kills with a car while honking, best patch of all time. Even though the last guy was technically a suicide since he killed me but the car kept rolling.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Jabor posted:

This is still a beta (alpha?) so rough patches are totally expected - you can't ever guarantee a release goes smoothly and sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. You see it a lot in IT, not just in development but all fields, where a change needs to be done but no one wants to accept the risk so it goes round and round forever until it's either forgotten or becomes critical.

The question is whether or not they can fix it in a timely manner. One day of extreme server lag is an acceptable trade-off for the performance improvements and the new content. 2 days? 3 days? More? Now you're in "hey we paid for this guys and the game aint working, what the gently caress" territory and it's rollback time

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I went to throw a grenade, the moment I let go of the LMB the server lagged. When it came back, the grenade had disappeared. Then 2 seconds later, it reappeared right infront of me. So that's fun.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CitizenKain posted:

I went to throw a grenade, the moment I let go of the LMB the server lagged. When it came back, the grenade had disappeared. Then 2 seconds later, it reappeared right infront of me. So that's fun.

I jumped out of the plane, then stopped dead in midair. Then teleported 2 inches above the ocean for like a minute. Then I rewound from the ground up to the sky where the plane was at that moment then back to where I originally jumped out of the plane.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary for prince of erangel: sands of time

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
wHY DO THEY USE THE TERM BUGS and BLOCKERS.
wHY is my capslock on.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
The bugged duo mode was some of the most fun I've had in this game so far. Not having markers over your teammate made communication a lot more important, and having people die (effectively) when their teammate died was an interesting change.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You all weren't kidding, tried playing a solo match and got stuck at a Network Lag Detected screen for a few minutes before giving up. Why don't they just roll back this patch until they have the issue resolved?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Popete posted:

You all weren't kidding, tried playing a solo match and got stuck at a Network Lag Detected screen for a few minutes before giving up. Why don't they just roll back this patch until they have the issue resolved?

Gotta get that sweet crate money.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Popete posted:

But my 600$ skirt

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hear that when you open a crate with a key their is a 1% chance the item will be unusual with same effect pool as tf2.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Whatever, I'm happy to sell my crates for $4.60 ($4.00 to me after steam gets their cut) all day. Easy money, drat.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

goodness this game is entirely unplayable now

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Zo posted:

Not at all.

The early patch they pushed out didn't make much of a difference to the desyncs and server lag present on the PTR.

People are right, based on the test server this patch shouldn't have been pushed. It would have been better to clearly communicate with the playerbase and push it back. Regardless of whether the crates being in this patch impacted Blueholes decision to push it is a poor choice in terms of optics. They open themselves up to being accused of pushing this mess of a patch purely for the gamescom crates.

Mass hysteria is a bit of an overstatement.

Discospawn posted:

Literally, yes. People were already freaking out that PlayerUnknown was 'doing some travelling' and delayed the monthly patch by 1 week. The same people who are complaining about this patch breaking the game for less than 24 hours are the same ones who would complain about another delay.

People were freaking out?

I'm pretty sure it was just a small group of the player base that was concerned about this; anyone that played Day-Z.

I'm happy to admit that I'm one of them.

The concern isn't really similar because it's not so much about a small delay to the game, as the game being incomplete due to the developer losing focus; especially if they're a driving force in the development cycle.

People weren't worried about the patch being delayed. They were worried he'll do what Dean Hall did and development will stall while he's away and potentially won't revert to this level.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 4, 2017

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I think I'm done getting my bluehole poz'd until this lag garbage is fixed with and/or bluehole pulls their head out of their rear end

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
now we know what true lag is, but man that i bought like 8 cases with my BP costing me 25k BP instead of selling them on the market :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I get like 30 FPS instead of 50-70 in First Person mode compared with third. I wonder if thats just the lovely patch or having the render the gun models and poo poo. Also playing right now is horrible and i hate it because i want to play this game every day after work.

• Locked thread