Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheswick
Sep 7, 2005

Magmarashi posted:

So, these admin commands...there any sort of infor on the information they need? Because /spawnmonster just gives me some sass about that not being a type of monster. What's the syntax for the options?

You can get some information using the /help command. You can find the various monster types in the assets, but 'quadruped' is the one that's currently being used to test new changes. Tiy posted a reddit thread the other day with recommendations for testing: http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/28ancu/for_the_people_messing_with_nightly_how_do_you/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

dragon_pamcake posted:

^ God hates Nags?

...I'll show myself out.

The person that mentioned finding new AIs in treasure chests is a genius.

Swappable AIs would be perfect. I want my little florian scientist to have a horsie ai to chill with

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I like game lore and generally read all of it when it relates to a game I like. It's perfectly possible for a somewhat silly game to still have some serious bits in it and I think Chucklefish did a neat science fiction thing with the Glitch.

One bit of serious game lore does not stop me from building a gigantic penis out of pink dirt, now does it?

A lot of people seem to have trouble making the distinction between a story which has serious parts and a serious story. Like yeah, technically Bucky O'Hare and Galaxy Rangers tackled serious subject matter...but they were also (not very quality) kids cartoons from the late 80s/early 90s, and were not anywhere near serious most of the time.

edit: I could even see criticizing it as being sexist...sorta', but that cleavage is barely even there. It's tame by Disney standards.

Serious talk though, the horse should have some kinda' goofy ancient rich lady bonnet to complete the look.

Ernie Muppari fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 19, 2014

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Joan of Arc horse or go home.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

(not very quality)

I'll fight you

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

Serious talk though, the horse should have some kinda' goofy ancient rich lady bonnet to complete the look.

:eng101:
Those headpieces tend to have different names for different styles, but common ones are hennins (usually cones, but can be cylinders too), fillets (like a small cloth crown) and wimples (still seen today with traditional nuns). A barbette is the cloth running under the chin from temple to temple for each of these.

There's also the coif, which is a lot like a bonnet. And the caul (don't google willy nilly unless you want to see the miracle of birth!) which is a hair net formed into a particular shape, but usually in that heart-like/bug-like shape.

Kinda depends on which you're referring too!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bel Monte posted:

Those headpieces tend to have different names for different styles, but common ones are hennins (usually cones, but can be cylinders too), fillets (like a small cloth crown) and wimples (still seen today with traditional nuns). A barbette is the cloth running under the chin from temple to temple for each of these.

There's also the coif, which is a lot like a bonnet. And the caul (don't google willy nilly unless you want to see the miracle of birth!) which is a hair net formed into a particular shape, but usually in that heart-like/bug-like shape.

Looking forward to your bonnet mod.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Actually, telling the forums that "due to fan input, we're altering the horse AI portrait" only to have it show up in the next nightly unchanged save for now sporting a fancy Victorian hat would be amazing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yes that sounds amazing, Chucklefish go with that. I'll even make the animation sprite for you.

E: Today's update:

Thank you come again

E2: lol horsetits in the center

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 19, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
6 posts in and someone's already mad about it.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Adds simple few 148 different styles of bonnet and medieval hattery for you to click through one at a time. Lore friendly, 800mb for the HD pixel art. No I won't downgrade it for slower systems, it compromises my artistic integrity.

Blhue posted:

Actually, telling the forums that "due to fan input, we're altering the horse AI portrait" only to have it show up in the next nightly unchanged save for now sporting a fancy Victorian hat would be amazing.

I would be happy and amused if they covered up the cleavage or pushed down the horse a tiny bit and added those ridiculously pointy side cauls. No one would complain about cleavage anymore in their "only serious medieval horses" space game then! :v:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Leadthumb posted:

This and abso-fuckin'-loutely unironically

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Party Alarm posted:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/glitch-ship-ai-feedback.80652/

Please vote in this goddamn thread so Chucklefish knows we love the horse

It looks like I actually have a forum account. Thread's locked already though. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eonwe, your new avatar over there is delightful.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ernie Muppari posted:

And very serious, grim, and gritty lore, from a very serious and gritty game at that!
I saw this a lot when the poo monsters were unveiled, and now I'm seeing it again, in huge quantities: People demanding that Starbound is a super-straightfaced, gritty, serious space opera that has no room for this silliness which "devalues it" and undermines the hardboiled narrative. Which, as we all know, was firmly established among the broken-English happy plantmurderers, medieval robots, and adorable teddybears roaming the land ready to eviscerate you.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Fired up the nightly build and got a planet with every kind of benign weather, but no beasts at all. Found a glitch king, but food might be an issue.

At the same time, the nightly build seems to have god mode enabled as I've taken no damage from poison and have infinite energy for my techs which I was able to make for free from a tech station i could craft out of thin air.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

None of the hazards, not even damage or energy drain, tick yet in nightly (I guess to keep people from getting too frustrated over losing characters, because everybody gods) and also if you MUST have food you can still grow it. Hell, deducting crafting inputs doesn't work yet. Gee, I GUESS I'll make ten thousand bricks from these 30 stone blocks.

On the other hand a lot of the scripts don't work either (see bosses) and I haven't tried cheating in raw alien meat to do the cooking quest in the past day or so (the other day I so much as grabbed the cooked meat and it killed the game so hard I had to delete the quest DB in Starbound/universe to fix it).

Also you get most of the recipes in the game in your basic crafting menu. I guess they haven't excluded printer-only stuff yet?

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 20, 2014

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

None of the hazards, not even damage or energy drain, tick yet in nightly (I guess to keep people from getting too frustrated over losing characters, because everybody gods) and also if you MUST have food you can still grow it. Hell, deducting crafting inputs doesn't work yet. Gee, I GUESS I'll make ten thousand bricks from these 30 stone blocks.

On the other hand a lot of the scripts don't work either (see bosses) and I haven't tried cheating in raw alien meat to do the cooking quest in the past day or so (the other day I so much as grabbed the cooked meat and it killed the game so hard I had to delete the quest DB in Starbound/universe to fix it).

Also you get most of the recipes in the game in your basic crafting menu. I guess they haven't excluded printer-only stuff yet?

I think the crafting stuff is just for ease of messing about with things, these are internal builds pretty much.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Babe Magnet posted:

I'll fight you

Go ahead mammal!

Bel Monte posted:

I was actually thinking a hennin or fillet because either would look hilarious on a horse's head.

Ernie Muppari fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 20, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

Eonwe, your new avatar over there is delightful.

I encourage everyone to use it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Nah you're in the cheat mode by default, type /spoilthefun in chat to toggle it.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Really early wip of a centipede. Gonna use some bits from the glitch spider that will allow it to walk on walls and ceilings, and make it move really fast.

Any sprite tips / criticism would be welcome, as this is the first thing I've sprited on my own. The stuff in my other mod was mostly kitbashed from existing sprites.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yucket's Buckets

"Hi, I'm Yucket, and these here are my buckets!"

Wooden Bucket

"This is your basic wooden bucket. It can be created with a few pieces of wood and a copper ingot at the crafting table. Placing it in a liquid will cause the liquid to be absorbed - a full bucket can be picked up by interacting with it. A full bucket can be placed to dump it on the ground."

Caution!

"A word to the wise - a wooden bucket will burn up if you try to gather lava or acid! Be careful!"

Iron Bucket

"An Iron bucket is made from an iron ingot and a copper ingot at the anvil. It operates identically to a wooden bucket with the notable exception that it can pick up lava or acid without concern!"

Pickin' up the Hot Stuff

"Be careful anyhow! This stuff is dangerous!"

Steel Sampler

"A Sampler is created from two steel ingots and a glass block at the robotic crafting table. Once placed it will wait until activated by hand or by signal, whereupon it will take a large sample of whatever liquid is nearby. Once it is full, it can be freely moved and replaced - it will not emit its contents until activated again."

Sample Light

"A full Sampler will glow faintly with the color of whatever liquid is inside."

----

Still missing Durasteel Samplers / Vaccuum Gun but good enough for release! Get it here!

Tiyuri
Jan 22, 2013

HORSETITS ARE HARAAM
Really cool stuff

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Tiyuri posted:

Really cool stuff

All impossible without your excellent modding platform/game!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tiyuri posted:

Really cool stuff

So's Starbound. gently caress all of the haters.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Horse tits are the glue that hold this community together.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I don't think that's how you make glue...

Orv
May 4, 2011

I Said No posted:

The Native Americans taught us to waste no part of an animal.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Hooters, Hooves, close enough.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I Said No posted:

Wait, wait...what if horse tits lactated glue instead of milk? That would explain why all the old horses went to the glue factory, at least.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Wait, wait...what if horse tits lactated glue instead of milk? That would explain why all the old horses went to the glue factory, at least.

Thanks for this. Now that you've written those words it will inevitably be a Starbound mod.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

"Oh, Horsulon, your spray has glued me in place! I can no longer resist your advances!"

"Alarmed Confusion. What are you talking about? I have done nothing of the sort. Your entrapment, as well as any advances, are entirely imagined."
________/

drat horse AI ruining my serious immersion and super serious gameplay

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Interrupting horsechat for a moment - someone suggested liquid grenades that suck liquid up then you can throw them. Tadah~

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dog kisser posted:

Interrupting horsechat for a moment - someone suggested liquid grenades that suck liquid up then you can throw them. Tadah~

Holy god drat that owns

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dog kisser posted:

That's so awesome!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I'm hype as poo poo for what people are going to come up with mod-wise if this is any clue, especially since the game isn't even remotely near full completion.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

I'm just happy that I'm actually releasing mods instead of doing that thing I do where I create a giant elaborate mod and finish it to 90% then burn myself out and never release it. Mini-mods are rad for that.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Lava grenades will be extremely deadly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Party Alarm posted:

Lava grenades will be extremely deadly!

From experience, equally/more deadly to the user!

• Locked thread