Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Legs Benedict posted:

why are some people so hot on Better Devils, compared to Nameless Midnight

Slightly more damage per shot, much more accurate hip fire. Depends on what you want to use it for, really; each is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I miss Thorn to be honest. I haven't liked a hand cannon since. A lot just feel klunky. SMGs feel squirrely as gently caress though.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

FishBulb posted:

I don't think I "get" the wardcliff coil

Clear groups of ads really quickly. Also good for destroying the jars in the bath in the raid.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Or alternatively what i do. Jump and fire, sending first part of volley swirling into sky and the second part of the volley directly into the cover I just landed behind killing myself in the process.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 19, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ZeusCannon posted:

Or alternatively what i do. Jump, send first part of volley swirling into sky and second part of volley directly into the cover i just landed behind killing myself in the process.

I've killed myself with grenades an embarrassing number of times because it's got a slower wind-up than most games I'm used to, and the arc that it gets thrown at is really fuckin' weird to me.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

Use it as a close range rocket launcher. It'll vaporize mobs and take care of most yellow bars, just be careful not to get too close. Also jumping over a group/enemy and carpet bombing them works well.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Soulex posted:

I miss Thorn to be honest. I haven't liked a hand cannon since. A lot just feel klunky. SMGs feel squirrely as gently caress though.

Don't worry I'm sure Thorn and Last Word and Gally will all be back in whatever expansion Bungie and Activision's analysts have decided is most likely to sell the least

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.

Floppychop posted:

The Titan cosmonaut set from Titan is also all mobility gear. Not sure if you care.

Damnit. I knew there had to be a catch. Struggling to find a hodge podge of armor that adds up to a decent-looking titan resiliance set.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Blakkout posted:

Damnit. I knew there had to be a catch. Struggling to find a hodge podge of armor that adds up to a decent-looking titan resiliance set.

I'm rocking 3 pieces of the Crucible Titan gear with the Dunemarchers legendary boots and it both looks and performs great. Sitting at 4 MOB 7 RES 3 REC and it feels like a healthy spread and the sprint speed boost from Dunemarchers is helpful as all hell on a clunky Titan.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

QuasiQuack posted:

Wow it's taking a long time to find a guided nightfall game. This doesn't seem worth it, think I'll just find a group manually instead
18 minutes average wait :haw:

Basically the problem is you need two people in your fireteam to be a Guide, and it's the third who gets carried.

This is stupid because lets face it, if you can get two guildies online at the same time, you can usually get a competent third easier than waiting 15 minutes for a squeaker who keeps loving it up.

Basically the feature is bad and I feel bad for getting excited about it.

e: also what happened to the companion app LFG being able to add you to fireteams in game?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There are rewards for the Guides though, right? I thought that was the whole point. Obviously it's gonna be easier to have 3 Goods than 2 Goods and a Bad.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
I have never had to wait that long as a sherpa, 2-3 mins max and even if the third ends up being a bad both nightfalls up to this point have been breezy

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

18 minutes average wait :haw:

Basically the problem is you need two people in your fireteam to be a Guide, and it's the third who gets carried.

This is stupid because lets face it, if you can get two guildies online at the same time, you can usually get a competent third easier than waiting 15 minutes for a squeaker who keeps loving it up.

Basically the feature is bad and I feel bad for getting excited about it.

e: also what happened to the companion app LFG being able to add you to fireteams in game?

Seekers have the wait, not guilds.

Of the 5 tokens I used last week, 4 were Rat King runs, it works fine.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

FishBulb posted:

Don't worry I'm sure Thorn and Last Word and Gally will all be back in whatever expansion Bungie and Activision's analysts have decided is most likely to sell the least

I ahte that you are probably right with this.

Also vigilante wing is hilarious in the crucible.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

tqilamknbrd posted:

I have never had to wait that long as a sherpa, 2-3 mins max and even if the third ends up being a bad both nightfalls up to this point have been breezy

Waited some 10 minutes as a Seeker. Get going, one dude sucks super bad and drops. I push forward while another clanmate arrived and the remaining one remains motionless from dealing with all that. I shoot a bunch more time oracles than either of them, get to the end, run out of time with the boss at half health. I have more kills than maybe both dudes combined and they leave.

That's my story, thanks for reading.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Why is my glimmer all gone

come back glimmer I miss you

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Soulex posted:

I ahte that you are probably right with this.

Also vigilante wing is hilarious in the crucible.

Vigilance Wing is insanely dope but stfu about it bro I don't wanna see my #1 kinetic everywhere.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I got a grenade launcher energy weapon :stare:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what are cayde stashes even for? near i can tell it's just an opportunity for me to spend a lot of glimmer on some lovely blues and maybe an emblem

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I keep seeing them talked up a bunch but half of mine get hosed from the chest lockout and the other half is garbage

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrYvvUg2xAw

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/6GZAXaU.gifv

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

cvnvcnv posted:

Vigilance Wing is insanely dope but stfu about it bro I don't wanna see my #1 kinetic everywhere.

I started using it because it was my only exotic kinetic and that 5 round burst is fuckin :discourse:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what are cayde stashes even for? near i can tell it's just an opportunity for me to spend a lot of glimmer on some lovely blues and maybe an emblem

Random stuff. I got an exotic from one last week. :shrug:

Bunch of people reporting early faction weapons from them too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Random stuff. I got an exotic from one last week. :shrug:

Bunch of people reporting early faction weapons from them too.

Yeah, if you collect all of them, you should be guaranteed a nice reward. Each individual crate is kinda boring though.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

FishBulb posted:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
also they're a cool and fun adventure, and sometimes you get a bit of backstory on Cayde, or little fun things

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've found 3 Cayde stashes and gotten 2 Legendaries and an Exotic so I think they're fine

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I got a grenade launcher energy weapon :stare:

It's not quite as good as it seems. It looks real dope tho if you get the Jade skin (which I got before I even had the gun)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

ElNarez posted:

also they're a cool and fun adventure, and sometimes you get a bit of backstory on Cayde, or little fun things

It's something fun to do in a game.
Doesn't have to have a guaranteed tangible reward.
Maybe the journey itself is a reward, man.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Are the Cayde treasure maps worth doing? I'm light 275 and after nightfall I'll have done my milestones. It doesn't have to drop amazing gear (I'll be doing them for fun and to have a look at the pretty game mostly) but I'm wondering if I should persevere in doing all of them or just do a couple to roll around and see some poo poo.

e: thread is already talking about this, I'm a moron.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ElNarez posted:

Fun things, in MY destiny? Unless you're rolling 3 of the same character balls deep in maxed time vs reward ratios you're just a loving pleb.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ElNarez posted:

No I want to look at the ground until I've collected 500 helium coils again

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

acumen posted:

Yeah I keep seeing them talked up a bunch but half of mine get hosed from the chest lockout and the other half is garbage

:negative:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Argh I keep getting hosed by the chest lockout on these cayde stashes!!!

Uh, maybe wait then guy?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just got a 298 sunshot from the flashpoint milestone :feelsgood:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The manufacturer of your mini and multi-tools is the:

Martian Interplanetary Defense Alliance

http://halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=48318357&postRepeater1-p=1#48354991

quote:

In 2395, the Martian moon Deimos was (will be? Brother, -blam!- the verb tense!) purchased from free holders for the construction of the United Earth Space Government's interstellar colony ship U.E.S.C. Marathon. The ambitious project of hollowing out a moon was started between 2472 11/16 and 2408. Meanwhile, the martians (human colonists on Mars), sick of being ignored by Earth and with their economy shattered by a series of failed transport vessels (the C.R.I.S.T. ships), start a rebellion with the political organization of the MIDA (Martian Interplanetary Defense Alliance?) as their leaders.

In 2442, three MIDA terrorists at the Misriah food line inadvertently start the Misriah massacre, in which U.E.S.C. Marines incinerate three hundred starving martians. Though it was never proven, it is believed that the MIDA incited the riot to generate sympathy for Mars on Earth. They even went so far as to place hidden munitions on the Marathon, though a takeover of the ship was never attempted. In 2466, MIDA staged a coup, and took control of the martian government for a brief period, but the coup failed, its leaders executed, and Marathon project was completed on schedule and launched in 2472.

One of the Artifical Intelligences from the Mars colony, Durandal, was installed aboard the Marathon, to control doors, food processors, elevators, and the like (Durandal is believed to be of the Traxus-class of AI's, though his late administrator, Bernhard Strauss, is the only person who knew for sure). The other two main AI's were Tycho, the science and engineering controller, and Leela, the crew-relations AI. Ten Mjolnir Mk9 military cyborgs, possibly left over from the 2194 war between the asteroids of Icarus and Thermopylae, were placed on the Marathon and assimilated into the human crew.

The[se] "battleroids" were humans killed in previous battles reanimated and outfitted with heavily-enhanced bodies.

The Mini-Tool's lore tab is written from the perspective of (the last?) someone involved with the MIDA rebellion, and on Martian soil as the UESC Marathon launches towards Tau Ceti, and thus on to the events of the Marathon series.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 20, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah I just do one stash first thing every time I log in now, just to be safe. I had a few lockouts the first week and didn't realize that wasn't supposed to happen, probably missed some good poo poo. Second week was a big spread of stuff, one stash had a piece of blue gear, one had a random emblem, one had the ramen emote (which is all the reason you need to do them every week imo), one was a legendary engram, and one was exotic.

It seems like you can basically get anything in the game from them, including stuff from bright engrams, but it's totally random. Doing them all seems to have a pretty good shot at getting *something* worthwhile, though.

Also the legendary and exotic gear they drop can roll higher than faction turn-in rewards, so it's essentially another shot at "powerful" gear, even if it's a small chance.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

The manufacturer of your mini and multi-tools is the:

Martian Interplanetary Defense Alliance

http://halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=48318357&postRepeater1-p=1#48354991

There's some reference in game that the MIDA is from another timeline, yeah? Guess it's from the Marathon universe... neat!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Argh I keep getting hosed by the chest lockout on these cayde stashes!!!

Uh, maybe wait then guy?

First Cayde chest, first chest of the day, nothing in it. Go to Director, nothing at Postmaster. Go to Tower anyway, a blue armor is waiting.

The loot lockout is asinine. I get that since exotics are in the mix, it stops abuse of public events and such but it's not working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's some reference in game that the MIDA is from another timeline, yeah? Guess it's from the Marathon universe... neat!

Yeah I edited the post. I don't recall a weapon similar to the Mini-Tool or the Multi-Tool in any of the Marathon titles, but what a nod, it's slaps me on knee