Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

precision posted:

Warlocks have the best melee and Devour lets you actually survive close enough to use it.

Titans have Reversal, which triggers health regen on every melee kill. Not quite as awesome as Devour, but it's not a charged ability and is awesome enough for strikes. Dive swinging into a group of dregs+vandals and they are incapable of killing you.

The real advantage though is you don't have to be a warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

RCarr posted:

So all my friends have had this game since it came out. Is there any way for me to catch up quickly? Just play the game normally?

Yeah. Do the Dad approach. Play when you can. The content and people will be there when you have time.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rng was shining upon me today as it dropped a Skyburners, that double fusion grenade Warlock chest, those voidlock gloves, and a bunch of shiny engrams making GBS threads out pretty sparrows and two new dope rear end ships so my space Barbie can stunt in style now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

xzzy posted:

Titans have Reversal, which triggers health regen on every melee kill. Not quite as awesome as Devour, but it's not a charged ability and is awesome enough for strikes. Dive swinging into a group of dregs+vandals and they are incapable of killing you.

The real advantage though is you don't have to be a warlock.

Yeah and Warlocks can eat their grenade to get full hp and trigger devour. AND if you use that warlock helmet, you get your grenade back in a few kills. It's stupid how much you can survive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Soulex posted:

Yeah. Do the Dad approach. Play when you can. The content and people will be there when you have time.

Can confirm. I'm up to 284 and I don't play anywhere near as hard as my friends that are around 290 Plus. I also haven't done the raid yet

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

xzzy posted:

I need a kinetic Foggy Notion so I can do synthoceps+foggy notion+fighting lion in strikes. It's such a stupid way to play but I've been loving it.

How do you make Fighting Lion good? It's so rad but so terrible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Norns posted:

Can confirm. I'm up to 284 and I don't play anywhere near as hard as my friends that are around 290 Plus. I also haven't done the raid yet

Same. Plus I just like to let other people figure it out. I did progression level stuff in WoW and it was bullshit. I don't have that time or dedication anymore.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

strangemusic posted:

What is this? The prospector is way worse btw.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Soulex posted:

What is this? The prospector is way worse btw.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

strangemusic posted:

See a group of vandals, hit one of them with a grenade, then run in and punch them all to death because now they're low enough health to die from a single melee. If they die within a few seconds it reloads the grenade launcher which makes you ready for the next group.

Its primary bonus is against shielded enemies though. It fucks them up real good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Go away Darci, no one wants you around.

Also, swords rule if you know how to flank and hack down three people trying to shoot your teammate.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it necessary to have one of every class in the raid? I have 5 friends, 3 of whom are playing Hunter, the other 2 Warlock. I didn't really want to play Titan, but if we are going to need one to raid, I'll bite the bullet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Soulex posted:

That floaty loving dawnbreaker gimmick is fun ban man do you need to practice. You can float around blasting people left and right and they typically don't know what the hell.

It's really fun in PvP but I usually switch to Arc for that because those little Arc Souls are really handy as early-warning detection systems and can sometimes finish off someone that tries to run.

strangemusic posted:

Just think of it as an extra power weapon basically. Also the skin that makes it a Jade Dragon is sick.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

RCarr posted:

Is it necessary to have one of every class in the raid? I have 5 friends, 3 of whom are playing Hunter, the other 2 Warlock. I didn't really want to play Titan, but if we are going to need one to raid, I'll bite the bullet.

I would recommend at least one or two warlocks for the final encounter because of their healing/empowering rift. other than that go hog wild.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wow it's taking a long time to find a guided nightfall game. This doesn't seem worth it, think I'll just find a group manually instead

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

precision posted:

Just think of it as an extra power weapon basically. Also the skin that makes it a Jade Dragon is sick.

No, if you treat it like a normal grenade launcher it is a really REALLY bad gun.

You have to either take down shields with it, or kill tagged enemies via some other mechanism. Only then are you using it properly.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

super macho dude posted:

that double fusion grenade Warlock chest

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Soulex posted:

Yeah and Warlocks can eat their grenade to get full hp and trigger devour. AND if you use that warlock helmet, you get your grenade back in a few kills. It's stupid how much you can survive.

And hunters get... a dodge that i try to use but usually forget to.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That dodge works really well with Merciless!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I just saw that Young Ahamkara's Grasp is in D2 but then I saw it sucks and got real sad. I miss having fast grenade recharge and multiple charges.

:negative:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

I just saw that Young Ahamkara's Grasp is in D2 but then I saw it sucks and got real sad. I miss having fast grenade recharge and multiple charges.

:negative:

Yeah but I just got pair at 303 and fed them to my purp arms sooooo they actually rule.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The warlock dodge in air is nice and you can chain between jumping/gliding and shooting and juke. It's going to be nuts. Watch.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
gently caress that nightfall hard.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
What's the deal with the guided games beta key? Am I basically entitled to one free carry? :shrug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Linx posted:

What's the deal with the guided games beta key? Am I basically entitled to one free carry? :shrug:

Yes, it's a precursor for the in game auction house. You'll be able to put those tokens up for sale. Other people will be able to buy their trials carries with dust, and Bungie takes a cut of the transaction.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Linx posted:

You're entitled to one playthrough of the nightfall with a fireteam from a random clan. Who's carrying and who's being carried will become clear when the strike starts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The game told me I had a Guided Games Beta token but when I tried to play Nightfall as a Seeker it said I have no tokens. :confused:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Someone posted an awesome set of Titan armor upthread that looked like a cosmonaut spacesuit. Is it a planetary reward? Please say it is, I wanna grind for a set.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Father Wendigo posted:

Someone posted an awesome set of Titan armor upthread that looked like a cosmonaut spacesuit. Is it a planetary reward? Please say it is, I wanna grind for a set.

It is the Titan set I believe.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
as in, the titan set you also get from the planet titan

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is Skyburners oath viable still in pvp?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Titan cosmonaut set from Titan is also all mobility gear. Not sure if you care.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Is Skyburners oath viable still in pvp?

I heard it fires hella slow, so you'll get eaten up by just about everything if that's true.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Floppychop posted:

The Titan cosmonaut set from Titan is also all mobility gear. Not sure if you care.

Nope! :haw:

Also thanks, all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna start either a Hunter or Titan alt if anyone else wants to blast through the campaign with me.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The only thing that matters is fashion anyway

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

precision posted:

Gonna start either a Hunter or Titan alt if anyone else wants to blast through the campaign with me.

I have a warlock I need to do the campaign with if you'll be on PS4 in like an hour and a half

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Emron posted:

That dodge works really well with Merciless!

I don't think I've ever remembered to use it while merciless is out... i will do this asap.

precision posted:

My goon. You on ps4 or the bone?
Can't get on tonight, but will tomorrow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Darth Windu posted:

I have a warlock I need to do the campaign with if you'll be on PS4 in like an hour and a half

Yeah PS4, I should still be on then. PSN's zerodrone

I've been watching Griffin and Pat fail horribly at the Nightfall which makes me feel not as bad at failing it hard earlier (plus I didn't know what I was doing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't think I "get" the wardcliff coil