Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

:whitewater:

Fake edit:
And even that POS wasn't evenly-armoured.

You'd have to look at Da Vinci's drug-induced bullshit pipe-dreams like this loving abomination:

That was the best part of Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Is Israel considered "NATO-linked"?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Good!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Deki posted:

sadly yes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

:nsa:

Deki posted:

Russia would never name it because Israel is one of countries they still engage somewhat diplomatically due to Syria

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

fatherboxx posted:

:nsa:

Russia would never name it because Israel is one of countries they still engage somewhat diplomatically due to Syria

Yeah they were pretty neutral, at least until Lavrov's 'Hitler was a jew' comment.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
it is 2023, how do they not have the technology to know where that attack came from?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it is 2023, how do they not have the technology to know where that attack came from?

90% of the time it is from a loved one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decrepus posted:

90% of the time it is from a loved one

that's kinda sad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Presidential Russian Heli has crashed

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Happened like 12+ hours ago, happened while landing when the prop hit the ground.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 29, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that's kinda sad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Telsa Cola posted:

Happened like 12+ hours ago, happened while landing when the prop hit the ground.

no it's the other thing, funny

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
And to clairify its not really THE presidential Helicopter. Its part of the fleet that goverment officals, including the president, use.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
putin crash a presidential chopper full of dudes to see who would celebrate

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

putin crash a presidential chopper full of dudes to see who would celebrate

I did. did I win or lose that one

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah, the wrong worms were killed.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

XYZAB posted:

angel number :angel:

It's like a thousand more than the entire WW2 if I'm not mistaken.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
In the pub tonight

Me: Lol loving russia. Dumb as gently caress
Random drinker: Yeah but loving USA invading Iraq
Me: Yeah USA foreign policy is dumb
Random drinker: 'Confused'
Me: Yea I think USA/West foreign policy is mostly poo poo
Me: Politics isn't binary buddy
Me: Have a good night

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tai posted:

In the pub tonight

random drinker did have a good point. gently caress the USA

Edit: Tell the truth, random drinker called it America

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

That drinkers name? Albert Einstein.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1619439502778564608

Slurp that Trump cock

I'm a Marxist and anything I can't explain, I explain through god :stare:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

In the pub tonight

I don't get it, what else did he expect you to say after he said Iraq? That US foreign policy is good?

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Der Kyhe posted:

They told us in the basic training to aim for the center of the joint where the turret meets the body, especially if you get a side shot; this obviously was against Russian tanks and other stuff with turrets. Then again, they also told that those un-upgraded M72 LAWs do more than just piss off the MBT coming at you, so they really weren't counting on us non-frontline guys to do the antitank operations for the brigade.

If you get a side shot, a M72 LAW will penetrate everywhere where it doesn't hit an ERA panel.

This really isn't appreciated enough, MBTs have no meaningful side armor. That's the difference between a MBT and a heavy tank, MBTs stack all their protection on frontal arcs and for this tradeoff they are really loving hard to kill from that direction while still being usefully fast. The M1 Abrams is one of the best-armored tanks in the world. The rear side hull of the M1 can be penetrated by a pre-WW2 AT rifle.

So if you have a lovely, 70's vintage AT weapon, you need to get side shots. But if you get those, yes, you absolutely can expect to kill the tank.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

I don't get it, what else did he expect you to say after he said Iraq? That US foreign policy is good?

Because a lot of idiots take sides and don't deviate from ''the side'' that they pick. Saying both sides suck blows their mind.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

Because a lot of idiots take sides and don't deviate from ''the side'' that they pick. Saying both sides suck blows their mind.

But like, he literally said that US foreign policy is dumb wrt Iraq.

quote:

How did your next statement confuse him!? I'm so confused by his confusion

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tai posted:

I don't get why he was talking about Iraq at all. GWB said we got that poo poo done in like 2003

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why the gently caress are you talking politics with randos at an alcohol markup zone

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

why the gently caress are you talking politics with randos at an alcohol markup zone

Brits talk politics when drunk

Toxic Mental posted:

But like, he literally said that US foreign policy is dumb wrt Iraq.

How did your next statement confuse him!? I'm so confused by his confusion

Because I think US/Iraq policy sucks, I should side with russia with regards to invading Ukraine

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

I am fairly sure that is the point of GBS

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tai posted:

Because I think US/Iraq policy sucks, I should side with russia with regards to invading Ukraine

Now I think I hate you

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Now I think I hate you

I don't actually think russia should invade Ukraine :p

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

But but

but

you JUST said gently caress russia!!?!?!?!?!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (head explodes like scanners)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I am fairly sure that is the point of GBS

time was you'd get banned for being drunk here

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

the popes toes posted:

Yeah, the wrong worms were killed.

It's not clear anyone was killed, or wounded for that matter. There's differing reports

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

time was you'd get banned for being drunk here

I exclusively post drunk and have only once been banned for posting drunk
Edit: I think it was Lowtax who did it

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

So this mobik guy did a selfie-video appeal about his lovely "prepared positions" and all the other Russian army fuckery and was

...thrown in a pit by his superiors and then taken out of Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1619441529600499712
The soldier says his unit is wracked by drunkenness, which he says is "thriving among the personnel". They are taking their lead from their commander, who is himself regularly drunk and beats his men.

"He constantly talks drunk on the radio, sends someone away, swears in foul language, threatens to shoot someone. Since the first day we arrived, he has been threatening to shoot people."

The commander has surrounded himself with guards to protect himself from his subordinates, who are drinking and "constantly stabbing each other and fighting with their rifle butts."

He says the tensions in the regiment led to a murder that took place before the New Year during "a drunken brawl in a wooded area". The victim "came at his assailants with someone else's gun and got a bullet in the head. What were they fighting about? Only a sleeping bag."

Everybody stabbing each other, and a few murders, was my boot camp experience too, I don't know what he's complaining about.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

the popes toes posted:

So this mobik guy did a selfie-video appeal about his lovely "prepared positions" and all the other Russian army fuckery and was

...thrown in a pit by his superiors and then taken out of Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1619441529600499712
The soldier says his unit is wracked by drunkenness, which he says is "thriving among the personnel". They are taking their lead from their commander, who is himself regularly drunk and beats his men.

"He constantly talks drunk on the radio, sends someone away, swears in foul language, threatens to shoot someone. Since the first day we arrived, he has been threatening to shoot people."

The commander has surrounded himself with guards to protect himself from his subordinates, who are drinking and "constantly stabbing each other and fighting with their rifle butts."

He says the tensions in the regiment led to a murder that took place before the New Year during "a drunken brawl in a wooded area". The victim "came at his assailants with someone else's gun and got a bullet in the head. What were they fighting about? Only a sleeping bag."

Everybody stabbing each other, and a few murders, was my boot camp experience too, I don't know what he's complaining about.

Apart from all that, morale is sky high and they're expecting to be on the outskirts of Lviv by Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tbf it’s a magical sleeping bag