Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not stop your sister. She is a violent whirlwind of madness but she is going to make two other womens lives much better and you will have a front row seat as she causes a drama vortex powerful enough to sink ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Some UK based juiciness from /r/legaladvice. Also, play guess the ages!

My husband cheated on me with a 16 year old

quote:

I originally posted this in a different place but was told I should come here

I've been with my husband, who is 45, for 17 years now. We've got 2 children who are 7 and 11. Recently our relationship has been struggling, bit deep down I thought we both loved each other and my husband had never spoken about or showed any signs of wanting it to end.

However, last weekend I took the kids away with me while my husband stayed at home. We got back home and everything seemed normal, until my husband's phone went off while he was in the bathroom. When I looked at it, it was a message from a girl saying 'I hope I didn't leave it at yours'. This immediately made me suspicious and I confronted my husband, who eventually admitted he had met with a girl who was just 16 and said they had kissed, but nothing more. But I later found 2 condoms, one in the house and one in the car, that I knew had not been used with me as they were flavoured and we had never used flavoured ones. So I'm pretty sure my husband had sex with a 16 year old. But even worse, he loves her and wants to end it with me to be with her.

I just don't really understand it, she's 16 and I've searched her up on Facebook. She's a model and gets hundreds of likes on her pics and loads of comments from boys. My husband is not rich or anything like that, so what could she possibly want from a 45 year old man?

But they both swear they love each other and he wants her to start looking after our kids.

I just don't know what went wrong or what to do anymore

I'm from the UK, so the sex wasn't illegal

I DO NOT want her or him to be allowed to look after my kids. Is there any way I could stop that?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
r/relationships: I'm from the UK, so the sex wasn't illegal

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jesus, the kid shipped off to grandpa... I'd go loving nuts.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The flavo(u)red condoms really just make it all the more gross, it's not enough that he had sex with a 16 year old he had to buy her the raspberry flavored condoms too.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

dudeness posted:

The flavo(u)red condoms really just make it all the more gross, it's not enough that he had sex with a 16 year old he had to buy her the raspberry flavored condoms too.

:goofy:The OP didn't mention the specific flavor...

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dudeness posted:

He had to lure the kid (totes not illegal!) to his donger with candy.

That guy's super gross. I don't know how custody headings work in the UK. I would hope that she could some sort of limits put on his visitation due to what looks like poor decision making skills on his part (because he is loving a child) or maybe due to the Instagram model's very public life.

Bored fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 7, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Please do not stop your sister. She is a violent whirlwind of madness but she is going to make two other womens lives much better and you will have a front row seat as she causes a drama vortex powerful enough to sink ships

I was gonna say even if the sis has some wrong delusional reasons it's still better for the wife to know what's been going on. I don't really see why the OP wants to stop her so much, like even from the 'looking out from my sister' viewpoint it'd still prolly be better closure for her to nuke everything rather than spending the rest of her life knowing she got used as a cum dumpster and the dude was just chilling happily with his wife and an endless stream of mistresses.

Kuros posted:

My husband cheated on me with a 16 year old

not much to comment on with the problem itself, husband bad the end. I do think this choice bit from the OP was kind of funny:

quote:

She's a model and gets hundreds of likes on her pics and loads of comments from boys. My husband is not rich or anything like that, so what could she possibly want from a 45 year old man?

"She could do better" says grown women about the teenager banging her husband.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I was gonna say even if the sis has some wrong delusional reasons it's still better for the wife to know what's been going on. I don't really see why the OP wants to stop her so much, like even from the 'looking out from my sister' viewpoint it'd still prolly be better closure for her to nuke everything rather than spending the rest of her life knowing she got used as a cum dumpster and the dude was just chilling happily with his wife and an endless stream of mistresses.

I'm just relieved to see that unlike the last one of these, where the woman wanted to out the dude just cause gently caress him instead of cause she thinks it'll make him gently caress her, Reddit isn't all ganging up to tell the OP if her sister outs a cheater he will murder her and it'll be the OP's fault.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ArbitraryC posted:

not much to comment on with the problem itself, husband bad the end. I do think this choice bit from the OP was kind of funny:

Yeah. I actually kind of like the OP because of that. She seems pretty sane. Like, I thought it was pretty common to blame the other woman so that the wife doesn't have to wonder why they chose to marry someone who would cheat on them. By OP's just like,"Shes young and gorgeous. She could do so much better than the rear end in a top hat I married."

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Milotic posted:

I (m44) don’t know the women I married (f38) any more and I think she’s planning to leave me

LOL I thought this was going to be a "I haven't spoken to my wife in 17 years and had no idea that her interests/personality may have evolved" kind of deal, but boy, that took a turn.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

JaneError posted:

LOL I thought this was going to be a "I haven't spoken to my wife in 17 years and had no idea that her interests/personality may have evolved" kind of deal, but boy, that took a turn.

The funny part is she'd prolly be entitled to all that money she squirreled away in a divorce anyways. I doubt the courts actually care if they had staff taking care of all their children's needs regardless of what she was doing she'll get the same cut and potential alimony as someone who spent nearly 2 decades being a stay at home parent while their spouse worked.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Milotic posted:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. And don’t roll on PvP servers in the first place if you can’t stand being ganked.

I (m44) don’t know the women I married (f38) any more and I think she’s planning to leave me

Lawyer up as secretively and soon as possible with the best firm you can. See if theres any way to go after the bank itself.

When I was 19, my father came down for a weekend to visit after he found out my mother was cheating with the resort manager we hired through our LLP. My sole advice to him was lawyer up, lawyer up immediately, and lawyer up well. He wanted to work things out, and 3 years later found out that my mother had a live in boyfriend at the resort and wanted a divorce.

$100k in attorney fees for both sides combined and 4 years later, their divorce was finalized. To this day my old man tells me he wishes he'd listened to me back then.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Am idiot.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 8, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Lockback posted:

Cross post from relationships thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/95c289/ma_late_brothers_partner_suing_family_for_money

Family is also racist. Dude does realize how screwed he is though.

solid cross post

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ArbitraryC posted:

solid cross post

I was surprised it wasn't already posted.

I know the original poster was entitled to the accolades but I decided I deserved to post it because I read the bad with money thread.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lockback posted:

I was surprised it wasn't already posted.

it was

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Motronic posted:

Also, a 16 year old has no business driving pretty much any sports car, never mind one in that price range. I know this because I scraped together the money/parts to have an older 911 when I was 16. It was a really, really bad idea. And yes, of course I crashed it.

This. My wife thought it would be cool to give my Evo X to my son on his 16th. Nowhere near $300k, but no reason a teenager needs a 300+ hp car. No reason. At all.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Stuff with wills gets so hosed up. My aunt was a terrible person who stole from my grand parents all their life. A couple years before they passed, they changed their will so that instead of her getting 50%, she only got 10%. She took my mother to court and kept this legal battle dragging out for almost two years. At the end, the lawyer basically said "you need to give her 50% or else there will be no money left over at the end." There was not a lot of money to begin with and over 1/3 of it was already spent in legal fees in this two year court battle. So yeah, people are loving lovely and it's fascinating how much they can get away with when fighting wills.

This is why my mom changed her own will, leaving my brother initially nothing, then giving him at least some of the funds from her parents.

And why he isn't listed as the beneficiary if we both die at once. That goes to my friend he's never met, so good luck, fucker!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

This is why my mom changed her own will, leaving my brother initially nothing, then giving him at least some of the funds from her parents.

And why he isn't listed as the beneficiary if we both die at once. That goes to my friend he's never met, so good luck, fucker!

Think you misread that post cause they clearly did change their will but the person sued anyways and lawyers threw their hands up and went "it's not really financially advisable to fight it regardless of your legal claim"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
That post made it to Best of Legal Advice and apparently OP's been getting death threats so he responded there:

quote:

Original OP here: I dont know why my post was locked but someone messaged me to come here. I am replying here because am getting death threats. Reflecting I see where my family went wrong. I had a family meeting and we are rounding up and putting together everything we have to pay my brothers friend back all the money he was left. We made a terrible mistake and are trying to fix it. And please, we may not all have supported his relationship but we loved him and are not homophobic like everyone is writing. I take full responsibility because I am the one who convinced my little sister to listen to the family, but I now realize i was wrong.

:allears:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That post made it to Best of Legal Advice and apparently OP's been getting death threats so he responded there:

I like how he continues to refer to him as "my brother's friend" while insisting he is in fact not homophobic.

It's almost too good.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It’s beautiful.

I feel kind of bad for the sister he keeps referencing though, since he mentioned she was the Executrix of the brother’s estate; he mentions she wanted to dole out the will as it was written but the homophobic and racist members of the family all ganged up on her.

Would she be in more hot water than all the rear end in a top hat family members?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My understanding is that she’s the only one who broke the law.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Subjunctive posted:

My understanding is that she’s the only one who broke the law.

Hey, they conspired and accepted illegal gains! :haw:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

It’s beautiful.

I feel kind of bad for the sister he keeps referencing though, since he mentioned she was the Executrix of the brother’s estate; he mentions she wanted to dole out the will as it was written but the homophobic and racist members of the family all ganged up on her.

Would she be in more hot water than all the rear end in a top hat family members?

Yes

Her brother named her as executor cause he thought she was the one family member he could trust to actually treat his estate with some respect instead of like a winning lotto ticket. That was a fuckin mistake. Shoulda just hired a lawyer to do it dude.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Yes

Her brother named her as executor cause he thought she was the one family member he could trust to actually treat his estate with some respect instead of like a winning lotto ticket. That was a fuckin mistake. Shoulda just hired a lawyer to do it dude.

This will be a costly mistake... for them!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yes

That’s what I figured. Are all the family members that received the ill-gotten will money on the hook too? Like ‘accepting stolen property’?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

That’s what I figured. Are all the family members that received the ill-gotten will money on the hook too? Like ‘accepting stolen property’?

It sounds like they all knew that money was stolen and pushed her to do it so I'm guessing there'll be some fun conspiracy charges.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I hope that homophobic family gets taken to court and the boyfriend ends up being the biggest gay stereotype ever. Like, a guy who looks like Charles from Guess Who? who inexplicably wears a burgundy bathrobe everywhere shouting, "You thtole from uth! I wath with him until very end and loved him more than you ever could and you jutht thought you could break the LAW like thome kinda Thue Me Thallieth!"

Judge: I concur with the plaintiff, case dismissed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cumshitter posted:

I hope that homophobic family gets taken to court and the boyfriend ends up being the biggest gay stereotype ever. Like, a guy who looks like Charles from Guess Who? who inexplicably wears a burgundy bathrobe everywhere shouting, "You thtole from uth! I wath with him until very end and loved him more than you ever could and you jutht thought you could break the LAW like thome kinda Thue Me Thallieth!"

Judge: I concur with the plaintiff, case dismissed.

:chloe:

I will say that I hope he gets doxxed, not so he can get further harassed but so we can get some closure on how much jail time these assholes get.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

It sounds like they all knew that money was stolen and pushed her to do it so I'm guessing there'll be some fun conspiracy charges.

If the sister gets a good lawyer, probably separately from the rest of her hosed up family, she just might get off the easiest. If nothing else, you can't in good conscience punish her when the OP admits that he persuaded her to ignore the will when she was initially going to honor it. If anything, OP must be punished more severely than the sister.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They're all shitheads and deserve to be punished. When you become executor of the estate it becomes pretty clear what you have to do: follow whatever the trust and will documents say. I don't know about wills, but I have to deal with trusts on a consistent basis and even if it's in legalese it's not difficult to figure out exactly how the money is supposed to be distributed.

She bought into the same line of thinking as the rest of the family: "Our brother was a great guy, but it's too bad he died before he got over being gay. The saddest part of his death is that he never had the chance to heal. At least we can make that right in his death."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol you very definitely can punish someone who knew what they did was wrong and went ahead and did it anyway. "Your honor, I would like to submit before the court that I considered not robbing my dead brother's estate, before I did it" ain't gonna get you brownie points.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 8, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, no, sister deserves extra jail time, even if all of them should face conspiracy charges.

Again, have a lawyer be your executor people because they may be a greased up weasel shoved into a three piece suit but they have good odds on being able to follow the directions of their job unlike whatever detritus you came from or left behind.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
The only thing that's going to save any of these assholes is remorse, which it sounds like they will fake well enough, unfortunately, for a conservative judge.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
My possessions will be left with my family, who will be interred with me, and who will ultimately find no comfort in their inheritance.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
When I die I'm going to have every check for every family member stored in my corpse's rear end and make them dig it out if they want the money. You will have to fully accept me as the gay man that I was if you want a single penny of my estate. No rubber gloves.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ArbitraryC posted:

She would know. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

When I die I'm going to have every check for every family member stored in my corpse's rear end and make them dig it out if they want the money. You will have to fully accept me as the gay man that I was if you want a single penny of my estate. No rubber gloves.

how does the cumshittin work when you die

do you poo poo more cum or stop making GBS threads cum or is there a particularly large bolus of cum