Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

whatis posted:

I have a similar story. It's not as much a grief, but it seems somewhat relevant.

There is a popular multiplayer mod for StarCraft II called Squadron Tower Defense. It's name is more or less what it is -- a team game of tower defense. There's a lot of little nuances and other small details that separate it from your traditional tower defense games, but it's all superfluous to the story. To give you the basics though: there are two teams, and each team plays with four players. Each player has their own lane, which then feeds to a larger communal lane. In other words, everyone gets sent more or less the same batch of monsters to destroy. If they fail to kill their wave, the remaining monsters feed into the communal lane, and your teammates have a chance to kill the rest of your wave. Games usually consists of 31 waves. Wave 30 is the "final boss," and wave 31 is the beginning of sudden death, where monsters are continuously sent until one team dies.

Anyways, there was a bug introduced in a patch sometime last year that caused the game to more or less lock-up before wave 31 could send. The "prepare for sudden death" message would pop up, but no monsters would ever spawn. When this bug triggered, the only way to win the game was to wait for all of the players on the other team to quit. Seeing as some games could last more than 40+ minutes to reach sudden death, people were reluctant to leave a hard-fought game and hand their opponents the victory...even if it meant staying in the broken game for hours. It wasn't as simple as leaving StarCraft II running in the background either; if a player stays AFK for more than 5 minutes, the opposing team gets the choice to kick them. You needed to be on your loving toes.

Thankfully I was only a part of three games like this, because it really was hell. The fiercest BM and poo poo-talking I've ever seen in any game ever took place during these sessions. It probably sounds ridiculous and stupid because quitting the game and going on to do something more entertaining seems like such an easy and obvious thing to do, but it's not that simple. I don't know what it says about humans and our natural compulsion towards competition, but if you made it that far, you simply NEEDED to outlast the other team. Take a quick run to the bathroom, make a quick sandwich, and strap yourself in, because no matter what happens, you're not letting those cheeky fuckers on the other team see that victory screen, even if it means sitting in your computer chair and talking poo poo to the opposing team for over four hours if need be.

And they would last for over four hours. In the one waiting game I did lose, I got the boot after two hours when I had to move my car across the street at 2am to avoid a parking ticket. I was gone for just over five minutes, and the last remaining guy on theirteam managed to get the !kickafk message entered as I was running back into the apartment. The guy left on my team was a friend of mine, and despite my best efforts to stay awake for the conclusion, I finally had to turn it at 4am. I got a hold of him the next morning to find out the guy on the opposing team finally got kicked for afk shortly after 5am. It was the most satisfying and depressing victory he will ever know, and I regret that I could not be there to share in the glory/sadness.

Holy poo poo just get autohotkey, I could make a script that would win that waiting competition did you every time in under five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've even seen people use oscillating fans or those vibrating baby cribs to keep a mouse moving when a software solution wasn't possible.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

Most fun I ever had was in Jihad Squad in Eve.

We would separately search out mining corps to join, and during mining ops with the corporation, would suicide/call in goons waiting to warp in on us.

Yeah man, this is fun.
Ok cool, glad you like it.
Hey new guy where are you from?
YOU INFIDELS ARE INTRUDING ON OUR SACRED LANDS, AND MINING ALLAH'S MOONROCKS WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF OUR GREAT CREATOR!!; PREPARE TO DIE.

All of a sudden everyone is dead, and screaming a million obscenities at me in chat, as well as to kick me out of the corporation, which they of course can't do until I dock up. :getin:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

That standoff reminds me of the classic WC3 strategy, the noble art of Highperching

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

More Dust talk!

A few pages back we talked about running team mates over with LAVs, then stabbing them with a needle to revive them over and over, ruining their KDR.

Well in this most recent build they introduced something called "Faction Warfare" which is just the same battles as before, only you can pick the side you want to fight on. Which means we have started putting 2 members of GoonFeet on opposite sides, then finding a lone individual in the battle by coordinating over voice and killing him and reviving him as quickly as possible. They never have time to even fully get up between deaths, and they can't access the "leave battle" option because dying and reviving kicks you out of the pause menu. The only way for people to escape our assholery is to actually quit the game via the PS button.

This thread has it all, We made a Japanese guy mad, and he can't write english, so his replies are all literally Google Translate.

quote:

Divided into friends and enemies
I repeat hand-to-hand combat and resuscitation
This Incorporated Do not you can only do that?
Name sammus420
Eltra Ardell

敵味方に分かれて
蘇生と白兵戦繰り返す
このコーポはそんなことしかできないのか?
名前 sammus420
Eltra Ardell

Then one of the goons decided to reply to all his posts in haiku

quote:

friendship we offer
for good times call the goonfeet
sorry, no homo

Then some dude fell for our corp description, which claims that we're a Christian Faith based organization.

quote:

Way to represent the christian faith, Nippy.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 7, 2013

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Sammus posted:

Then some dude fell for our corp description, which claims that we're a Christian Faith based organization.

God I love pubbies :allears:

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Does 4/20 exist in Japan?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Sammus posted:

More Dust talk!

A few pages back we talked about running team mates over with LAVs, then stabbing them with a needle to revive them over and over, ruining their KDR.

Well in this most recent build they introduced something called "Faction Warfare" which is just the same battles as before, only you can pick the side you want to fight on. Which means we have started putting 2 members of GoonFeet on opposite sides, then finding a lone individual in the battle by coordinating over voice and killing him and reviving him as quickly as possible. They never have time to even fully get up between deaths, and they can't access the "leave battle" option because dying and reviving kicks you out of the pause menu. The only way for people to escape our assholery is to actually quit the game via the PS button.

This thread has it all, We made a Japanese guy mad, and he can't write english, so his replies are all literally Google Translate.

Then one of the goons decided to reply to all his posts in haiku

Sounds liken you have some bad company 2 vets in your clan.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Oppenheimer posted:

They have the internet. I'm sure some of them have figured it out by now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

nigga crab pollock posted:

It's called spacebuild

Spacebuild could theoretically be fun, I'm talking so many giant heads and teletubby avatars and "HAAAACKS" soundclips that the game simply does not have the power to render that many lame injokes.

Oppenheimer posted:

The Japanese believe the number 420 (yonjuunijū) is evil and brings bad luck, so their calendars go straight from 4/19 to 4/21 :eng101:

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 7, 2013

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

Lady Naga posted:

The Japanese believe the number 420 (yonjuunijū) is evil and brings bad luck, so their calendars go straight from 4/19 to 4/21 :eng101:

So that guy's name is the Japanese version of 666darklord666 then?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

So that guy's name is the Japanese version of 666darklord666 then?

Sadly, I think that sammus420 is the name of the Goonfleet member, not the person who posted the topic.

Also, those haiku posts are pretty beautiful:

quote:

I can't imagine
Life without pondering truth
gullible much, dude?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing makes a pub
Rage harder than reading a
Finely crafted verse

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Not quitting for hours
Endless stalemate follows
Sweet pubbie tears flow

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

OmniDesol posted:

Sadly, I think that sammus420 is the name of the Goonfleet member, not the person who posted the topic.

GoonFEET, not Goonfleet
They are very similar
It's a pun, you see

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Haikus kinda suck.
Can we please cut back on them?
I just want some griefs.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Sammus posted:

More Dust talk!

You can grief that same way in Battlefield 2 if you pick the medic class. Knife a guy, take out the shock paddles to revive, repeat. I've only seen a video of one guy doing it but with multiple medics it's bound to be utter hilarity.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

So I've got this game on Gamefly and have been playing it a lot recently. In the game there is Hardcore mode which includes friendly fire. If you kill your team mates 3 times in one round you are automatically kicked as a kind of fail-safe to prevent griefers. Usually it works pretty well, with a few exceptions I found out.

In previous CoD games if you blew up a friendly players equipment it would count as a suicide, not as a teamkill on their part since someone intentionally blew it up. I think that still remains mostly true here, but not 100% true, because this guy would follow me around and blow up my bouncing betties and they would count for team kills on my part. I ended up getting kicked and thought it was a pretty good grief on his part.

I think the better one is the one I pulled on this guy doing a similar tactic. If an ally calls in a care package, a helicopter comes in and drops a crate that can then be accessed for a weapon upgrade or some such. Well, it turns out if you stand under the crate it counts as a team kill for the other guy! Que me standing under this guys crate, getting killed (1), then I come back to life, shoot the guy and take his crate. He is PISSED, and I justify it by his terrible crate-team-kill. So he shoots me (2) and kills me again, then, I walk over to where HE set a bouncing betty and shoot it. This kills me (3) and he is immediately kicked from the server. Petty? Yeah. Hilarious? Yup.

Other great hits include walking in front of friendly sentry guns, picking up friendly grenades, and the old classic, blocking door ways. The game is so fast paced it really isn't much of a set back, you just join another game, but its a special griefing when you punish friendly's for doing nothing wrong.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

One irony I enjoy about goon Dust griefing is what happens after these "bugs" get fixed. In general, a lot of us just giggle about messing with idiot snipers who sit uselessly on the edge of the map. However, there are a few goons who have kind of an inverse e-bushido thing going on, where they consider it a moral imperative to mess with as many non-self-aware pubbies as possible. So after a grief-y tactic is patched out, our space samurai have nowhere to vent their righteous indignation, and so they shake their skinny/corpulent fists at this grave injustice to good gamers everywhere :argh:

This is also one of the reasons you'd probably go nuts playing a CCP game without goony-type comrades. I know I would :v:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

One irony I enjoy about goon Dust griefing is what happens after these "bugs" get fixed. In general, a lot of us just giggle about messing with idiot snipers who sit uselessly on the edge of the map. However, there are a few goons who have kind of an inverse e-bushido thing going on, where they consider it a moral imperative to mess with as many non-self-aware pubbies as possible. So after a grief-y tactic is patched out, our space samurai have nowhere to vent their righteous indignation, and so they shake their skinny/corpulent fists at this grave injustice to good gamers everywhere :argh:

This is also one of the reasons you'd probably go nuts playing a CCP game without goony-type comrades. I know I would :v:

It is even better when you find one of the biggest tryhards in the game and you subject him to 250+ deaths in one match that ruins his KDR indefinitely. Its a very humbling experience... for them. It is also enjoyable to see them lose the respect of their corpmates after we ruin their leader board numbers.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Fuzzyjello posted:

It is even better when you find one of the biggest tryhards in the game and you subject him to 250+ deaths in one match that ruins his KDR indefinitely. Its a very humbling experience... for them. It is also enjoyable to see them lose the respect of their corpmates after we ruin their leader board numbers.

This pretty much describes my TF2 experience.

Today I got yelled at. Pomson minisentry wrangler engineer. I had alot of fun making GBS threads out mini sentries behind spawn on Doublecross. I got to wrangler down a medic with uber ready and his heavy almost before they realized I was there. I get yelled at for spawn camping alot. It never ceases to amaze me how people will repeatedly run out the one out of three spawn exits which I am currently guarding and claim that I'm being unfair. Usually it's the spy who runs into pomson blasts as he tries to stab me in the face who speaks up first. I got kicked for aimbotting because "there's no way that engie could track my scout with that drat ray gun!"

When you run in straight lines on the ground it gets easy to predict no matter how fast you are :ssh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I use the liberty launcher.

For those who don't play TF2, the soldier is a class that almost exclusively uses his rocket launcher for fights. The shotgun, his secondary weapon and only other ranged weapon, has a billion things you can swap out for that aren't a shotgun. The regular launcher is considered "best" while others are gimmicky. One lets you heal on every hit for less than 10% if your health, one deals huge direct damage but no splash damage, one lets you preload and burst fire rockets, and they're all considered side grades.

The Liberty Launcher is not a side grade.

It makes your rockets 40% faster, at the cost of only putting 3 rockets in your clip instead of 4. In most prolonged fights, this is a detriment. In situations against one person, especially other soldiers, it is an "I Win" button. The rockets are too fast to handle without knowing I have a Liberty Launcher to begin with, and even then I am a decent soldier. I know how to shoot in ways that make enemies pop up in the air, so that I can either kill them with a mid-air rocket (which is difficult normally, and brain dead easy with a LL) or use my shotgun replacement which deal bonus damage to airborne enemies.

It is called "the scrubbiest weapon", "completely overpowered", is blacklisted on some servers, and my favorite name for it is: "The Crutch"

So I went and bought a version of the LL that tracks my kills, slapped "airborne enemies" and "soldiers" parts on the gun which track those two types of kills independently, and named my Liberty Launcher "The Crutch"

My get-high-and-fuckaround server is one that plays on a Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask themed map. One team spawns in the clock tower, the other in the fairy fountain in north clock town. I have perfected the rocket jumps required to go from behind the clock tower to just in front of RED's spawn, where I reload rockets and wait. Eventually after spawn camping for a while, a soldier I've killed a few times will target me, and attempt to kill me. 2 out of 3 times, I kill him. When I get overwhelmed, I can use those rocket jumps to be back at their spawn in almost literal seconds, ready to rain too-fast rockets down onto the soldier that just killed me.

It is waaaaaay too much fun to piss off other purist soldiers who only use the stock rocket launcher, all because I use THE CRUTCH, and every time I kill them, they get to stare at me, covered head to toe in hot pink hat/baubles/formal military uniform, my charactzr literally laughing at them, while "THE CRUTCH" is displayed at the bottom of their screen and a text bind config automatically types/sends "get gud scrub" in the chat.

bawk fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 7, 2013

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
In Raven Shield you could block doors, but friendly fire was enabled. So you pull the pin on a grenade that had no fuse timer until you drop it and just stand there.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

death .cab for qt posted:

I use he liberty launcher.

For those who don't play TF2, the soldier is a class that almost exclusively used his rocket launcher for fights. The shotgun, his secondary weapon and only other ranged weapon, has a billion things you can swap out for that aren't a shotgun. The regular launcher is considered "best" while others are gimmicky. One lets you heal on every hit for less than 10% if your health, one deals huge direct damage but no splash damage, one lets you preload and burst fire rockets, and they're all considered side grades.

It makes your rockets 40% faster, at the cost of only putting 3 rockets in your clip instead of 4. In most prolonged fights, this is a detriment. In situations against one person, especially other soldiers, it is an "I Win" button. The rockets are too fast to handle without knowing I have a Liberty Launcher to begin with, and even then I am a decent soldier. I know how to shoot in ways that make enemies pop up in the air, so that I can either kill them with a mid-air rocket (which is difficult normally, and brain dead easy with a LL) or use my shotgun replacement which deal bonus damage to airborne enemies.

It is called "the scrubbiest weapon", "completely overpowered", is blacklisted on some servers, and my favorite name for it: "The Crutch"

So I went and bought a version of the LL that tracks my kills, slapped "airborne enemies" and "soldiers" parts on the gun which track those two types of kills independently, and named my Liberty Launcher "The Crutch"

My get-high-and-fuckaround server is one that plays on a Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask themed map. One team spawns in the clock tower, the other in the fairy fountain in north clock town. I have perfected the rocket jumps required to go from behind the clock tower to just in front of RED's spawn, where I reload rockets and wait. Eventually after spawn camping for a while, a soldier I've killed a few times will target me, and attempt to kill me. 2 out of 3 times, I kill him. When I get overwhelmed, I can use those rocket jumps to be back at their spawn in almost literal seconds, ready to rain too-fast rockets down onto the soldier that just killed me.

It is waaaaaay too much fun to piss off other purist soldiers who only use the stock rocket launcher, all because I use THE CRUTCH, and every time I kill them, they get to stare at me, covered head to toe in hot pink hat, baubles, and formal military uniform, literally laughing at them, while "THE CRUTCH" is displayed at the bottom of their screen and a text bind config automatically types/ends "get gud scrub" in the chat.

I know my black box/gunboats/escape plan is by far not the best soldier's loadout, but drat if it isn't the most fun pub stomping toolkit in the loving game. I'm everywhere and I'm blowing dudes up and if they weren't terrible pubbies I'd barely be in the middle of the pack. Whenever I play with Goons I end up being a medic or a heavy or engie or something because I can't hack it with you guys and your demo pop up shots and poo poo, but I almost never run into someone capable of going toe to toe with my black box monstrosity on pub servers. My very loadout is a gently caress you to everyone I play with.

I love the cow mangler for the same reason. I love using it to shut down sentries so scouts can grab intel on pub servers. People rage endlessly when you actually use it as intended.

Can anyone explain to me why there are a billion 2Fort servers and always a smattering of like 15 turbine servers on the populated lists but almost never a doublecross? It's the best intel map, why don't more people play doublecross?

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 7, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jastiger posted:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Other great hits include walking in front of friendly sentry guns, picking up friendly grenades, and the old classic, blocking door ways. The game is so fast paced it really isn't much of a set back, you just join another game, but its a special griefing when you punish friendly's for doing nothing wrong.
By far the best friendly-fire grief I've found is when you accidentally TK someone because like an idiot they ran in front of you while you were firing (ridiculously common) then come back and TK you in 'revenge' - that's 1 kill out of the way, and you know they're mad - from there you just make it your duty to get in front of them at all times. Bonus points if they're sniping because you can then just prone in front of them forcing them to get up and move or just rage away on the mic. Most of the time just doing that makes them so mad they'll TK you on purpose until they get booted.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I want a strange Cow Wrangler named "gently caress pyros" with a Pyros Killed strange part. I would buy a conscientious objector with a pyro in a red "NO" sign like on the no smoking signs, and hold it after every kill.

(Pyros can reflect rockets, a good one can kill you with your own rockets. The Cow Wrangler shoots lasers which can't be reflected, and holds 5 shots,
not four. The CO is a big sign you can put pictures in, and other players can see)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Actually Cow Mangler shots can be reflected, it's just a pain.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh, well :( I guess I'll stick with this then. I can just name my shotgun that

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I found another. Apparently you can hit people with shock charges in hardcore. It doesn't kill then if you direct hit them but it does wound and shock them. This means I run around following team mates shocking them until they team kill me enough to get kicked. Hohohoho they need yo patch this out.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Fun fact! Even back when the description for the Cow Mangler said that the shots could not be reflected, what actually happened was that any shot fired by the Cow Mangler could be reflected and would deal crit damage. This was made even stranger by the facts that reflected projectiles normally only become mini-crits and Cow Mangler shots normally cannot crit under any circumstances! Very strange.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

TheSpiritFox posted:

Can anyone explain to me why there are a billion 2Fort servers and always a smattering of like 15 turbine servers on the populated lists but almost never a doublecross? It's the best intel map, why don't more people play doublecross?

Doublecross' sniper ledge is too far away for demomen to attack without stickyjumping directly into it. You need a demo to get through the inevitable sentry nest.

It ends up being a standoff between snipers until some team manages to time a cleared sniper ledge with a demo on offense that's good enough to get rid of the sentries, get the intel and get out before any of the other team's 7 other classes can contribute to their demise.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CTF may as well be TDM from what I see on most servers anyway

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What you can do is hope for a strange Righteous Bison and stick a Pyros Killed part on it. THEN you can name it "gently caress Pyros." :eng101:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
2fort is the absolute worst as is any CTF map. Complete wastes of time in most cases. Pl and cp maps are the best. I used to be an avid Tf2 player but that game jumped the shark somewhere between the demo knight update and engineer update. Then came the hats and it was no longer a well balanced quirky fps, but a poorly balanced mmo with servers dedicated to grinding hats or special items. Every time i log in there is some new weapon that does something crazy weird. I am greifed.

Cod blops II. when a care package is thrown that means I slay the thrower and take it for myself. Game is so easy to grief.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

oldskool posted:

Doublecross' sniper ledge is too far away for demomen to attack without stickyjumping directly into it. You need a demo to get through the inevitable sentry nest.

It ends up being a standoff between snipers until some team manages to time a cleared sniper ledge with a demo on offense that's good enough to get rid of the sentries, get the intel and get out before any of the other team's 7 other classes can contribute to their demise.

A scout with a fan and some bonk cola can take care of almost any sentry on that map. I love double cross, its also a spy haven.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

My get-high-and-fuckaround server is one that plays on a Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask themed map. One team spawns in the clock tower, the other in the fairy fountain in north clock town.

Is this Shadow Mavericks or did someone actually finish that map?

Shadow Mavericks.. Well, all I really need to say is that 'shadow' refers to the hedgehog, and they have a tendency to put maps blindly into the rotation without play testing them or even loading them. Somehow they managed to attract a sizable number of 10-15 year olds as a regular playerbase and debatably more griefers.

There was a map they added that was a payload set on a ship where the red team spawned inside. Except there was only one exit, and it was covered by a solid clipping volume with the trigger texture applied to it. This basically meant nobody on red could ever leave spawn.

This became even funnier when one of us discovered that the cart passes over the spawn, so if you're standing in the correct spot (on top of some pipes, iirc) you can block the bomb when it passes by. With an autohotkey script disabling anti-idle protection the game basically turned into a who-can-wait-the-longest competition of the sort described above, as a bomb with no blu players on it and no time left on the timer is red's victory condition.

The only thing funnier than a group of tf2 players being made to wait is a group who has no idea why they're waiting or who is responsible.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

bucketmouse posted:

Is this Shadow Mavericks or did someone actually finish that map?

Shadow Mavericks.. Well, all I really need to say is that 'shadow' refers to the hedgehog, and they have a tendency to put maps blindly into the rotation without play testing them or even loading them. Somehow they managed to attract a sizable number of 10-15 year olds as a regular playerbase and debatably more griefers.

There was a map they added that was a payload set on a ship where the red team spawned inside. Except there was only one exit, and it was covered by a solid clipping volume with the trigger texture applied to it. This basically meant nobody on red could ever leave spawn.

This became even funnier when one of us discovered that the cart passes over the spawn, so if you're standing in the correct spot (on top of some pipes, iirc) you can block the bomb when it passes by. With an autohotkey script disabling anti-idle protection the game basically turned into a who-can-wait-the-longest competition of the sort described above, as a bomb with no blu players on it and no time left on the timer is red's victory condition.

The only thing funnier than a group of tf2 players being made to wait is a group who has no idea why they're waiting or who is responsible.

Define "finished"

It has all of Termina Field, all of Clock Town, the Moon Tree, the Observatory + route there, a few hidden areas in clock town, and a grotto that has the map credits inside. No NPCs or extra areas. It's a spy's dream map if you're on blue, just disguise then pop outside into the field, and pop back in west clock town. Never fails.

The server is =LOLWUT=, though, which is usually a Mario Kart server. Lately it's done MM instead

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
The version on shadow mavericks has no objectives and missing textures. They literally just grabbed it off the mapper's wip deviantart posting and ran it. There's also a fully textured/mapped booster tower from Mario RPG that also has no objectives but it's still fun as hell to lock it down with sentries.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

I use the liberty launcher.

For those who don't play TF2, the soldier is a class that almost exclusively uses his rocket launcher for fights. The shotgun, his secondary weapon and only other ranged weapon, has a billion things you can swap out for that aren't a shotgun. The regular launcher is considered "best" while others are gimmicky. One lets you heal on every hit for less than 10% if your health, one deals huge direct damage but no splash damage, one lets you preload and burst fire rockets, and they're all considered side grades.

It is called "the scrubbiest weapon", "completely overpowered", is blacklisted on some servers, and my favorite name for it is: "The Crutch"

It is waaaaaay too much fun to piss off other purist soldiers who only use the stock rocket launcher, all because I use THE CRUTCH, and every time I kill them, they get to stare at me, covered head to toe in hot pink hat/baubles/formal military uniform, my charactzr literally laughing at them, while "THE CRUTCH" is displayed at the bottom of their screen and a text bind config automatically types/sends "get gud scrub" in the chat.

I just started playing TF2 again after a long absence - it is sad to see how the game has deteriorated, but I generally play in the evenings on a pretty high-skill public server with people I have known for a good while. I am missing so many weapons, though, which is kind of depressing - I do not give a toss about hats and other cosmetic bullshit, but I like to play with all the toys and I wish I had a Liberty Launcher because it would fit my style better and I play quite a bit of soldier. I am a very mediocre player and giving me an "overpowered" weapon is not going to break the game, trust me. I would also like to try that one weapon that shoots laser-style projectiles.

I think that Valve shot themselves in the foot, because the number of quality servers, by which I mean those that are not shite like Insta-Spawn 2-fort, idle/achievement, and other gimicky bullshit are way too hard to find these days. They are probably raking it in from all the microtransaction horseshit, but the game seems to be dying far earlier than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I just started playing TF2 again after a long absence - it is sad to see how the game has deteriorated, but I generally play in the evenings on a pretty high-skill public server with people I have known for a good while. I am missing so many weapons, though, which is kind of depressing - I do not give a toss about hats and other cosmetic bullshit, but I like to play with all the toys and I wish I had a Liberty Launcher because it would fit my style better and I play quite a bit of soldier. I am a very mediocre player and giving me an "overpowered" weapon is not going to break the game, trust me. I would also like to try that one weapon that shoots laser-style projectiles.

I think that Valve shot themselves in the foot, because the number of quality servers, by which I mean those that are not shite like Insta-Spawn 2-fort, idle/achievement, and other gimicky bullshit are way too hard to find these days. They are probably raking it in from all the microtransaction horseshit, but the game seems to be dying far earlier than it should.

I mean, it is six years old, games usually die sooner than that. I don't like what they've done with the HUNDRED BILLION WEAPONS crap either and I do think it is at this point killing the game, but I think they refined the idea with DotA (it's all Hats now, every single one of the ~100 heroes has like seven or eight item slots that are all cosmetic) and would go that route if they released a TF3, because it makes for a better and more sustainable game.

Weapons were loving awesome before the Mannconomy update though, I loved having like 2-3 choices for each of my weapons on all my characters. They just kept adding more and more though :smith:

• Locked thread