Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Box of Bunnies posted:

I mean, I'm a loving idiot for a whole multitude of reasons but "lives in the middle of nowhere in regional nsw where covid hasn't been sniffed for a year and also is in the age range where atagi said not to get az and am not yet being offered pfizer" isn't really one of them

I'd go get the clot juice for three hundred ablo bucks when there is currently no other reason to when covid's current impact on my life is "have to wear a mask while listening to people make transphobic jokes about Laurel Hubbard while doing work for the dole at vinnies"

would you do it for a lottery ticket? a chance at a million buckaroonies? just imagine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Getting AZ'd already is a lottery.

We should up the clot factor and make it a tontine.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chadzok posted:

would you do it for a lottery ticket? a chance at a million buckaroonies? just imagine!

If I wanted to play the lottery I'd have gotten the astrazenica and hoped the clots would kill me. That's worth well more than a million dollarydoos

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Those clots are keeping all those idiots away from a free lunch.. better odds for you. and you're about due for a lucky break. I mean, it's not like it's for sure you'll win, but, it's nice to think about. And who knows, you could win! Someone has to!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Goddamn it with all my loving around today I forgot the 1/2 price Mayvers at Woolies

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I respect you posting through your nonsense.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah its not really unreasonable to not want AZ when you have a low risk profile.

all you are doing is helping the government achieve their made up goal of 70% of the eligible population (which is 50% of the population) vaccinated. once we hit that they will fully open 'er up and let 'er rip. make no mistake.

Im working from home, Im getting groceries delivered and im really only going outside to do exercise.

I dont feel like doing the bulk of the work on this uni group assignment so that scomo and gladys can get all smug about how well they handled the Delta outbreak. You want credit? do your fuckin job.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, that's what irked me about getting AZ. It was taking on a (minuscule) risk to cover for the constant failures of the governments. But in the end, with the outbreak only going to get worse, it's better to to got a shot than to not.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:dogstare:

"How bad the cognitive decline was appeared to be linked to how serious the infection was. Researchers said those who had been placed on a ventilator while ill showed the most substantial effects. On average, their score dropped 7 IQ points."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210730/study-finds-covid-19-may-lower-intelligence

Jesus.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

:dogstare:

"How bad the cognitive decline was appeared to be linked to how serious the infection was. Researchers said those who had been placed on a ventilator while ill showed the most substantial effects. On average, their score dropped 7 IQ points."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210730/study-finds-covid-19-may-lower-intelligence

Jesus.

now the LNP will want to open up for sure

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
loving sloshed (again)

https://twitter.com/JonDeeOz/status/1422846629170737168

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Laserface posted:

Yeah its not really unreasonable to not want AZ when you have a low risk profile.

It is completely unreasonable to not want AZ. It takes 1-3 MONTHS for the 2nd jab and another 1-2 weeks later to get to full impact. The delta variant can and will put anyone in a bad way and it's NOT predicable who will it impact or by how much.

And of course, you can be completely asymptomatic and breathing it over everyone you know and don't know and cause 100's to 1000's of people (if not traced like in Australia) to get it. If you have both jabs the chance of YOU spreading it to every goes down and the chance you might get a bad reaction to it that ends up in medical care is much smaller.

Outbreaks will continue in all states (due to lack of dedicated quarentine sites that won't be ready for at least 6 months) and NSW is not going to get on top of it at the current restrictions and leadership. We're going to get maybe 60% of the population covered by the end of the year and then the LNP will open the borders.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 4, 2021

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
AZ and Pfizer are effectively the same and you should get whatever you can get the quickest (assuming you haven’t been told by a doc you shouldn’t get AZ)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Looking like Keir Starmer there.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
This is not health advice in anyway, but I think we've been lied to. People trying to trick us into not getting AZ.

The vaccines are like pokemon, you've gotta catch 'em all. They don't want us to get to the elite 4 guys. Morrison is Gary.

It all makes sense now. I may be sick right now, just dropping that out there. Which means now that I am eligible to get a vaccine, it won't let me sign up for another week.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

please tell me there is a repository of sloshed barnaby highlights

I dont mean in a "just watch him whenever he speaks, op" way, I mean an honest to god clip that I can laugh at and depress myself equally

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lilbeefer posted:

please tell me there is a repository of sloshed barnaby highlights

I dont mean in a "just watch him whenever he speaks, op" way, I mean an honest to god clip that I can laugh at and depress myself equally

https://twitter.com/Barnaby_Joyce/status/1209372444726743046

one of the all time greats.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Konomex posted:

This is not health advice in anyway, but I think we've been lied to. People trying to trick us into not getting AZ.

The vaccines are like pokemon, you've gotta catch 'em all. They don't want us to get to the elite 4 guys. Morrison is Gary.

It all makes sense now. I may be sick right now, just dropping that out there. Which means now that I am eligible to get a vaccine, it won't let me sign up for another week.

Morrison is nowhere near cool enough to be Gary.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Comstar posted:

It is completely unreasonable to not want AZ. It takes 1-3 MONTHS for the 2nd jab and another 1-2 weeks later to get to full impact. The delta variant can and will put anyone in a bad way and it's NOT predicable who will it impact or by how much.

And of course, you can be completely asymptomatic and breathing it over everyone you know and don't know and cause 100's to 1000's of people (if not traced like in Australia) to get it. If you have both jabs the chance of YOU spreading it to every goes down and the chance you might get a bad reaction to it that ends up in medical care is much smaller.

Outbreaks will continue in all states (due to lack of dedicated quarentine sites that won't be ready for at least 6 months) and NSW is not going to get on top of it at the current restrictions and leadership. We're going to get maybe 60% of the population covered by the end of the year and then the LNP will open the borders.

Almost every single post you’ve made in this version of the thread is some variation of your anti-ATAGI Scomo stanning rant

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Comstar posted:

It is completely unreasonable to not want AZ.

Aren't you the person that didn't want to stay home because your kid wanted to go to the park or something silly? Don't come in here saying what is reasonable or not.

Some people may be more susceptible to clotting and therefore not want the vaccine that appears to be killing people via clots. Pretty reasonable reason, really.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsak posted:

Aren't you the person that didn't want to stay home because your kid wanted to go to the park or something silly? Don't come in here saying what is reasonable or not.

Some people may be more susceptible to clotting and therefore not want the vaccine that appears to be killing people via clots. Pretty reasonable reason, really.

No that was a different lunatic

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Nutsak posted:

Its amazing we have multiple insane covid posters tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gladys isn’t getting on top of this so you’d better get the shot, homsar

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

Almost every single post you’ve made in this version of the thread is some variation of your anti-ATAGI Scomo stanning rant

ATAGI was wrong for NSW, though early on the lack of AZ would have been a problem anyway, a reason I suspect was one of the causes for them to restrict it.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

Comstar posted:

ATAGI was wrong for NSW, though early on the lack of AZ would have been a problem anyway, a reason I suspect was one of the causes for them to restrict it.

I often take medical advice of random goons rather than professional medical bodies.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

This may come as a shock to you but not everyone lives in the accursed shithole you refer to as NSW (although it’s becoming increasingly clear why you love Morrison’s bullshit so much, go sharks).

ATAGI has also released advice specifically for NSW, as well as more generalised advice for outbreak settings.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Comstar maybe if you'd shared your crystal ball with Gladys, NSW wouldn't be in this mess and ATAGI's correct at the time advice would still be correct.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Probably need more public figures to step up and say they got AZ cause all most people have seen is clot death news and now cunts who got Pfizer telling them to get AZ. It's a sentiment I've seen in my partners family at least.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Aware posted:

Probably need more public figures to step up and say they got AZ cause all most people have seen is clot death news and now cunts who got Pfizer telling them to get AZ. It's a sentiment I've seen in my partners family at least.

Didn't a heap of premiers get az like Gladys.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, if there was a news story about every AZ jab that didn't have complications you'd be loving swamped with it. It's selection bias.

Regardless, it was better to wait for pfizer when the AZ risk was non-zero but minimal and the covid risk was zero. The government has hosed up and now it's better to get AZ.

What is also hosed up is the framing that it's unvaccinated young people catching, spreading and dying to the delta outbreak, when there was absolutely no way they could be fully vaccinated regardless of personal choice or actions. Even getting your first dose was impossible until poo poo really hit the fan (you couldn't get a booking anywhere or a GP to recommend it when the government first tried to let people under 40 opt for AZ). It shifts the blame to these people, because now you can get your first jab, and these people are unvaccinated so it must be their choice.

AZ hesitancy isn't helped when the fuckwit PM also responds to a TTS death with "everyone makes their own health choices".

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
6 cases in Vic today including the 1 reported yesterday. 3 of them are still unknown sources.

I'd be shocked if we aren't back in lockdown soon. gently caress you Gladys and gently caress you Scomo.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
That's absolutely true, it's almost victim blaming at this point to expect any particular person under 40 to be fully vaccinated if they weren't a part of 1a/b. Maybe in 3-6 months time they can do that with a little more credibility.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
At this point I highly recommend as many people as possible lie and claim they're indigenous so they can get vaccinated because the cost:benefit analysis is comically in favour of it

(Bundjalung man whose skin is white as the driven snow, for the record)

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Comstar posted:

And of course, you can be completely asymptomatic and breathing it over everyone you know and don't know and cause 100's to 1000's of people (if not traced like in Australia) to get it.

Which country is this the pol thread for again

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Aware posted:

What would be great is if there was political representatives that were under 40 to set the example.

and ya know, just in general.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

ungulateman posted:

At this point I highly recommend as many people as possible lie and claim they're indigenous so they can get vaccinated because the cost:benefit analysis is comically in favour of it

(Bundjalung man whose skin is white as the driven snow, for the record)

Or just claim a child or spouse is in a risk group, they don't ask for proof (at least not in wa)

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Laserface posted:

all you are doing is helping the government achieve their made up goal of 70% of the eligible population (which is 50% of the population) vaccinated. once we hit that they will fully open 'er up and let 'er rip. make no mistake.

Im working from home, Im getting groceries delivered and im really only going outside to do exercise.

I dont feel like doing the bulk of the work on this uni group assignment so that scomo and gladys can get all smug about how well they handled the Delta outbreak. You want credit? do your fuckin job.
Imagine what was going through ScoMo's head all those weeks. "God these loving quiet Australians have got so loving noisy. They won't shut up about this vaccine rollout. If only I could give them all AstraZeneca, that would be so sweet. Why won't ATAGI let me give them AstraZeneca? I know, I'll pressure ATAGI a bit and see if they crack".

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Periphery posted:

6 cases in Vic today including the 1 reported yesterday. 3 of them are still unknown sources.

I'd be shocked if we aren't back in lockdown soon. gently caress you Gladys and gently caress you Scomo.

Yeah, I've written off the next few weekends

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

norp posted:

Or just claim a child or spouse is in a risk group, they don't ask for proof (at least not in wa)

My dad is 1a and I care for him. They got me to sign a declaration but then I just took it home with me because the next station didn't ask for it lol. Really higgledy piggledy you could do whatever and get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

see how numbers tomorrow look but an immediate short lockdown prior to this weekend might be the best thing for vic