Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah its on my ps4 now.

as of right now the only new game coming out that i care about on ps4 is kojima babybot, so im just keeping an eye out for sales on any fighting games i skipped out on for whatever reason and preparing the console for the undying lands, as a backlog of games to try again like bloodborne and others in the future and work towards doing all the online dev for mgsv bc im stupid and want to before konami melts the servers down for more pachinko machines

right now unless theres weirdo titles that i dunno about or hasnt been announced yet since e3 it feels like everything is targeting next gen. im pretty surprised that death stranded wasnt delayed to do both ps4/ps5 like what they did with mgsv. as of now its pretty much switch or nothing for me, bc ive been taking a long break from pc gaming and not feeling too bad about it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i just want the last of us 2.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

colachute posted:

This and Cyberpunk

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's an arcade game called Killer Queen which is apparently really loving good. A few of my buddies have played it and loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyeIlDRa90

There is a version for the Switch that is on the way, now, and is slated for Q3 this year. I'm pretty loving stoked for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgOvGK3Ebo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

colachute posted:

I just want to play TloU on PC. Game looked absolutely incredible, and I remember watching the YouTube “movie” that someone pieced together with cutscenes and choice gameplay bits and being deeply envious.

This right here is how you set up a loving game

https://youtu.be/9Gk-QXZkUL8

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NlntedoAmerica/status/1134967792892076033?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I always thought Mario and Luigi were supposed to be brothers :stare: but then again I haven’t played one since N64.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I always thought Mario and Luigi were supposed to be brothers :stare: but then again I haven’t played one since N64.

They are. That's kind of the issue.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
That's also not the real Nintendo account, so

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brands during pride week

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So the Barkley Shut Up and Jam 2 thread has kept the vigil over that failed Kickstarter and the devs came in. poo poo went from 0 to Post mortem in like 2 pages, but it keeps going, most recent post for other differently gruntled devs.

Hiratio posted:

Chef vanished from the project 2 1/2 years ago. I've tried contacting him multiple times and haven't received a response. Bort left around the same time to be a family man.

The Kickstarter was not necessary, especially in hindsight. The majority of work on this game was unpaid. Myself, Bort, and Chef are the original Barkley 1 creators. I did not join the Kickstarter with them because I was aware of the many problems that could (and did) arise.

I was asked to join the project 3 years after the KS when the project had little money and was in shambles. I was committed to trying to finish the game but it was consistently set back by horrible management and I ended up quitting. The person who owns ToG and is running it now had nothing to do with Barkley 1 and has zero game dev experience. He is the ToG PR guy.

When I quit, Lazrool also quit. We were the only two remaining who understood the technical inner workings of this game. Laz worked on this project nearly from the start, pro bono, and was tired of the nonsense as well.

There is no incentive for "ToG" or anyone attached to the KS to talk about this debacle.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The range from above quote to here has been a feel good/bad read

FrankieSmileShow posted:

And like many have stated, we all contributed to making the game overly complex and convoluted. "That's the joke" etc.
Im the one who pushed for having gun materials, which two years later led to me drawing 2001 loving gun sprites. An entirely self-inflicted wound. The idea of gun materials was that it would be one of the main ways we "gate" higher level gun drops, by controlling which enemies drop what materials of weapons. It also added a lot of diversity to the weaponry you find, and made gun fusion really fun, because you could end up with really absurd-looking weapons after just a little bit of experimentation. Like a revolver made out of brains, an origami sniper rifle or leather machinegun turning into a studded leather machinegun. The gun materials affected the weapons' stats and stat growth, but also sometimes applied special effects to the shots that could then mix with the affixes and made really cool results. Like, the "SALT" material made a bunch of guns with salt shakers at the end, and they all fired shotgun-like spread shots of salt, so that material essentially turned any weapon into a bit of a shotgun. Another material (Itano) made any of its shots into enemy-seeking rockets that left behind smoke trails, so it basically turned any weapon into a heat-seeking mini rocket launcher.

Another super absurd idea I pushed for was to have the gun's type (pistol, revolver, rocket launcher, double-barelled shotgun etc) come from this absurd system that involved a procedurally-generated colored map on which there are continents and islands representing each gun type, different for every game but built with a rough internal logic (similar weapons' lands are close to one another) , and every weapon in the game "lives" somewhere in that map, and fusing two weapons made those two "meet in the middle" based on their relative power to decide what new weapon type they are. In my defense though, I then immediately built that absurd idea and as far as I know, that is still the same code working in the game now, but its definitely one of these absurd ideas that could have degenerated and added to these problems.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

PS4 XCOM2 review - it’s still as good as it ever was but whichever company ported it to PS4 hosed it up real bad.

Just continually lovely frame rates, load times and poor performance all round.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh also add Outer Worlds to my ps4 list

im not dealing with pc store shenanigans to play that

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm pretty interested in Atomic Heart. Basically a Russian-made take on Fallout.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

There's a Polish company doing a 2019-Stalker type of game called Chernobylite that i'm looking forward to.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Dauntless from Epic games (fortnite) is a pretty cool free-to-play monster hunter type game. It's 100% cross platform as well, and saves your character across all platforms.

It's not as in-depth but it's also new and epic has lots and lots of money/skill to add more stuff so it could be on par with monster hunter in time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Long Dark is a black hole for my time. I'm on the Whiteout challenge and comfortably have almost all the poo poo needed already collected with 20 days left before the storm deadline. It's probably my half-dozenth stab at the challenge and the smoothest going so far. There was an update yesterday but it looks like mostly bug fixes.

I should've bought this game the first time I saw it on a half off sale a few years back. It's pretty much the exploration side of fallouts that I loved.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

psydude posted:

I'm pretty interested in Atomic Heart. Basically a Russian-made take on Fallout.

That already exists in isometric view. ATOM RPG. It's on gog and steam.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Apple TV and iOS will soon support Xbox One and PS4 controllers 23 Available with new tvOS and iOS 13 updates

I mean why not

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That already exists in isometric view. ATOM RPG. It's on gog and steam.

Have you been playing? How is it?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Have you been playing? How is it?

Not yet. I'll probably pick it up after I get through with Pillars of Eternity and my replay of Deadfire.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pokemon direct tomorrow. 15 minutes about sword and shield.

my kid and i are ready

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Dauntless from Epic games (fortnite) is a pretty cool free-to-play monster hunter type game. It's 100% cross platform as well, and saves your character across all platforms.

It's not as in-depth but it's also new and epic has lots and lots of money/skill to add more stuff so it could be on par with monster hunter in time.

It's not actually made by Epic I don't think, unless something happened to Phoenix Labs since last I heard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShabbyYoungBettong.webm

or however the hell you're supposed to embed these dumb things i dont care

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShabbyYoungBettong.webm

or however the hell you're supposed to embed these dumb things i dont care

Now make it turn into a giant gun

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Now make it turn into a giant gun

It's from Reddit, I didn't make it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

put everything on switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxtSG-ttTbE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wiped my KSP install and started over. Aside from a few convenience mods (scatterer, alarm clock, some visual stuff, and mechjeb) I'm playing stock parts. The DSN is set to quarter power, no extra stations, progression difficulty is normal. Scott Manley rules with the Kerbals: no badasses, no quickloading, dead is dead. I'm allowing mechjeb because you have to manually do its major functions before they unlock and really to save some tedium. The goal is to see what I can do with the new robotics and science parts bare stock.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

put everything on switch
QFT

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EBB posted:

I wiped my KSP install and started over. Aside from a few convenience mods (scatterer, alarm clock, some visual stuff, and mechjeb) I'm playing stock parts. The DSN is set to quarter power, no extra stations, progression difficulty is normal. Scott Manley rules with the Kerbals: no badasses, no quickloading, dead is dead. I'm allowing mechjeb because you have to manually do its major functions before they unlock and really to save some tedium. The goal is to see what I can do with the new robotics and science parts bare stock.

Me too. Only thing I might re-add is the Future Propulsions mod and mechjeb

I needed more NERVA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Three tourists dead, one pilot accidentally in solar orbit and I don't have patched conics yet. :jeb:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Im still in the middle of rebuilding my Deep Space Network for my Mars and beyond missions

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

Three tourists dead, one pilot accidentally in solar orbit and I don't have patched conics yet. :jeb:

Forgot which thread I was in briefly

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey nintendo is doing a big eshop sale starting 6/11. Since they never put their stuff on sale its worth a look

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey nintendo is doing a big eshop sale starting 6/11. Since they never put their stuff on sale its worth a look

Oh hell yeah. Thanks king.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you like exploration and space games you are loving up by not playing Outer Wilds. It's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

OTOH black holes freak me the gently caress out in these games (like Everspace) so if you can't handle that then avoid it