Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Help me Reddit, my husband is taking care of himself and getting hotter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I hate how I feel like that’s more transphobia bait

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I mean it is pretty hosed that melanoma and lung cancer is manly, somehow.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh look, more cishet dumbassery. Leave me out of it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

As a cishet man, I could not stop talking about growing my hair out before, during and after the process. It was the highlight of that year.

"How do you think I'd look with long hair."

"I'm thinking about growing my hair out."

"Yeah, I haven't had a haircut in months."

"Look how long my hair is now!"

"Yeah, it was time to get a trim..."

"Remember when my hair was long. I miss those days."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wheatpuppy posted:

Was this wedding in the winter? Because I can think of few things less comfortable than wearing a sweater or puffy jacket to a beach in Hawaii in summer.

I mean, today in Honolulu it's going to be between 68 and 80 F so it's not cold even in January. The main islands are all in the tropical zone. Sweaters and puffy jackets and wearing high heels at the beach (but not for the fattys) sounds like a great tropical beach wedding.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hey, you know what, she at least did the thing she should've just done first and talked to him. Society fucks us all up about what we should expect out of men and women so just opening up and talking about it is good.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

oh jay posted:

As a cishet man, I could not stop talking about growing my hair out before, during and after the process. It was the highlight of that year.

"How do you think I'd look with long hair."

"I'm thinking about growing my hair out."

"Yeah, I haven't had a haircut in months."

"Look how long my hair is now!"

"Yeah, it was time to get a trim..."

"Remember when my hair was long. I miss those days."

Yeah I've let my hair grow out over the past 2 years and it's longer then my gfs now and I find myself playing with it all the time and adjusting it

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Ragnarok the Red posted:

My (23F) boyfriend (24M) has waifus and it’s destroying me.

quote:

He’s genuinely someone I want to be with for the rest of my life, he makes me feel (sorry to quote rianna) like I’m the only girl in the world.

Probably should get gone with a quickness.

I know we’ve since had a brilliant thread title change, but I’m cracking up over the thought of r/relationships: (sorry to quote rianna).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Write a story about you convincing his waifus to dump his rear end and then you all go on a girls trip to famous historical sites

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

WIBTAH if I(21F) breakup with my boyfriend(22M) because he follows an influencer I do not like?

“Follows” an “influencer” is lifting this story like a loving tough man competition

If he is listening to Andrew taint’s misogynist views, he’s already done, end the relationship now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
She knows male ballet dancers are a thing, right? And that they don’t wear pink tutus?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some more sinister details about the husband:

Concerning!

This is what I'm doing right now for the same reasons

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for staging an intervention of sorts for my best friend and calling my brother possessive?

quote:

One of my (23F) best friends since nursery, Celeste (23F) has been seeing my brother Henry (29M) for almost a year. In that year, Celeste and I went from hanging out at least 3x a week and talking on the phone everyday for at least two hours, to hanging out once a week and calling maybe once a week for an hour as well.

She hangs out with Henry everyday because they practically live together now. I’ve known Henry all my life, I don’t find him interesting enough to hang out with daily. From what we’ve seen on instagram, Celeste also hangs out with Henry’s friends girlfriends quite a lot after work. I used to think Celeste’s change was because of her demanding job but its not.

Its not just me she’s stopped hanging out with in our friend group. We all discussed Celeste’s change in behaviour in our private group chat without her and came to the conclusion that she’s just acting like this because Henry is her first boyfriend, her first kiss, her first everything. I believe she’s infatuated with him and not really valuing her friends because of it. Celeste is the sweetest person, so we thought she wasn’t doing it on purpose and decided to be nice about our concerns.

Yesterday was my best friend Eve’s birthday dinner, we had a private room and decided to do a kind of intervention for Celeste. She was pretty much trapped because Lynn had driven us all to dinner so she had to listen to what we had to say.

I started by saying it was nice to be hanging out with her and how we’d been doing it less and less since Celeste got into a relationship. She responded by saying that she’s the only one that works, she’s tired after work and just likes to chill, watch movies then sleep.

Lynn told her she can do all those things at our weekend sleep overs which she’s been missing for 2 months straight. Celeste got quiet so we just kept going on about how she was hurting us and how when she’s single again because Henry isn’t that type for a long term thing she might not have us to lean on or hang out with because she’s pushing us away. We might have went overboard by calling her some things but we were just trying to get our point across. She responded by claiming she doesn’t like how I talk about Henry, my own brother and how she gets tired of going out drinking like its the only thing we do. She did say she’ll do better and she’s sorry.

Later Henry called and went off on me for ‘attacking’ Celeste, he could’ve called everyone involved but just targeted me for some reason. He called me an AH, jealous and so many other things.

So I called him possessive and controlling because it’s his fault Celeste won’t hang out with us as much. I told her he’s acting like an abuser by isolating her from her friends who are her main support system after her family. Of course he told everyone in our family and now I’m being called anything but a child of God. AITA? Or does ESH?

My post-college friend doesn't have time for our weekly sleep-overs or 15+ hours on the phone every week! Clearly the problem is her romantic life time for an intervention to save her from her abuser!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

My (29F) husband (30M) is becoming more and more feminine

Fellas, is it feminine to dress well and have good skin?

But in all seriousness, this man must have the cleanest rear end possible. Do not let go, op.

OP and the girl with the Tate chud bf should swap

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hughlander posted:

AITA for staging an intervention of sorts for my best friend and calling my brother possessive?

My post-college friend doesn't have time for our weekly sleep-overs or 15+ hours on the phone every week! Clearly the problem is her romantic life time for an intervention to save her from her abuser!

Hard to believe this person made it to 23 before experiencing their first “friend meets a new partner, disappears during the honeymoon phase” scenario

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hughlander posted:

There are definitely situations where an abuser isolates their partner from their circle of friends and family. "My friend is now hanging out with her boyfriend's friend group, we should convince her he's going to dump her anyway and threaten to not welcome her back when he does" is probably not one of those.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

Seems like Celeste just doesn't find their friend group interesting enough to talk to daily, idk

Also is it just me or is weekly hangouts and a 1 hour weekly call more than reasonable for adult friends? I don't hang out with my friends even that much lol

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Hard to believe this person made it to 23 before experiencing their first “friend meets a new partner, disappears during the honeymoon phase” scenario

Not just that, but they are all 23 and Celeste is the only one with a job and a steady romantic partner.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think a weekly game night (also canceled sometimes when people were busy) is the most frequently I've done anything with friends post-college, when the friend group wasn't largely living in the same group of buildings. That just sounds tiring.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Deified Data posted:

Seems like Celeste just doesn't find their friend group interesting enough to talk to daily, idk

Add that to the fact that she finds her brother boring, there is a good chance that Celeste is spending time with people with vastly different interests for the first time and might be finding she actually enjoys things that her old peer group is hostile apathetic towards.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Can’t believe she doesn’t want to spend all weekend drinking with her jobless friends.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seriously though, we're a quarter way through the 21st century and people still think a clean man is a bad thing. Humanity will never be welcome into the Galactic Federation at this rate.

When aliens drive by Earth, they have to roll their windows up to avoid breathing in human male stench.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DemoneeHo posted:

But in all seriousness, this man must have the cleanest rear end possible. Do not let go, op.

i want to make a joke i promised i wouldnt in the thread anymore so bad so instead ill just say this is oldspice astroturfing

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I had a gf who was convinced I was gay for the same reasons. I also worked at a gay bar at the time so that probably didn’t help. I got the “talk” at least twice.

15 years later and I’m still super duper straight.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kaewan posted:

15 years later and I’m still super duper straight.
Society has failed you :(

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Buzzman posted:

I cheated on my (M30) wife (F28) and now I don't know how to get her back to normal

How can I fix this situation?

Easy, just unfuck that woman.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Seriously though, we're a quarter way through the 21st century and

I want you to know I turned into an ancient skeleton and crumbled away into dust when I read this.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Pookah posted:

I want you to know I turned into an ancient skeleton and crumbled away into dust when I read this.

me over here polishing my 2015 high school diploma: lol imagine being old

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I'm looking forward to being old. I already sleep all day. I don't do poo poo. Give me some slippers and a nice sweater and I'll be ready to act befuddled and confused.

"oh, look at that poor old man! he's so confused he barely knows where he is!"

Joke's on them. I'm just really high.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Spaced God posted:

me over here polishing my 2015 high school diploma: lol imagine being old

So Jeffrey just allows literal children to post here now?!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Most Power Alex posted:

Add that to the fact that she finds her brother boring, there is a good chance that Celeste is spending time with people with vastly different interests for the first time and might be finding she actually enjoys things that her old peer group is hostile apathetic towards.

That's the part that sticks out the most to me, the OP is complaining that her best friend is hanging out too much with her boring, possible-abuser brother. With family like that, who needs enemies?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

I'll start off by saying that only OP knows, and it doesn't quite seem like that's the case based on her post.

But also, people very rarely go out of their way to change so many things about themselves, especially for the better. Not that it doesn't happen, just that it's rare. And sometimes that kind of change comes from having a romantic interest of some sort. The changes she listed are the most obvious that could be causing such insecurities but maybe there's other stuff about who he's hanging out with or whatever.

Once again, there's nothing really suggesting that even in her own post, just what my own biased experience is telling me could be part of the perceived issue. Guy sounds cool tho, guys wearing earrings are pretty hot.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nebrilos posted:

Easy, just unfuck that woman.

I really like how his proof of not-cheating is taking occasional selfies at work, presumably the same work the coworker he cheated with is at, all "Aha! Observe, a moment in which I am *not* getting sucked off!"

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

"Aha! Observe, a moment in which I am *not* getting sucked off!"

:lmao:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Out at work having the time of my life not cheating with my one-time affair partner. They're just out of frame, not cheating too

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Pookah posted:

most people on SA were born in the late 1900's

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

AceClown posted:

most people on SA were born in the late 1900's

Well look who just rolled up in their horseless carriage!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I don't know how people can go around saying it's 2024 when 2000 was clearly like 15 years ago, 18 max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

i honestly don’t understand cheaters. just fuckin break up first. every guy my wife has been in a relationship with has cheated on her until me. shes wonderful and i don’t get it.