Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

BearsBearsBears posted:

Most Zionists aren't the survivors of the Holocaust or even their descendants. Zionists were around before the Holocaust, they collaborated with the Nazis during the Holocaust, and they despised the actual survivors of the Holocaust after the war was over.

I apologize for the mistake.

I think about this a lot because one of the most formative movies for my worldview was Schindler's list. Anything is better than repeating the events depicted in that movie. One of the things I remember most about the movie is one of the few color scenes is at the very end where modern day Israelis pay respects in front of a monument. I was under the impression that Israel was founded by Holocaust survivors along with some people who already lived there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

wow this loving rocks i would absolutely buy a poster of this

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:58 on May 12, 2024

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Zoeb posted:

I think about this a lot because one of the most formative movies for my worldview was Schindler's list. Anything is better than repeating the events depicted in that movie. One of the things I remember most about the movie is one of the few color scenes is at the very end where modern day Israelis pay respects in front of a monument. I was under the impression that Israel was founded by Holocaust survivors along with some people who already lived there.

Zionists were murdering Palestinians in the mandate long before Hitler became Chancellor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zoeb posted:

Using European Jews after WWII to help form Israel and bring legitimacy to the state, was perfect for zionists. But Israel was always meant to be established for Zionists and was promised to them as far back as 1900 (I think that was the right year?), by Great Britain. It was ethnic cleansing in all but name, hand waved away by a U.N. resolution that was finally drafted and signed after WWII, so it took decades to finally happen.

I said come in! has issued a correction as of 08:03 on May 12, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Thread title

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1789518410885304758

Joe Biden has "evolved" in the last 7 months from someone who supports Israel unconditionally, to someone who supports Israel unconditionally but complains about it.

*allegedly* complains about it *privately*

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

KomradeX posted:

What do you think

bon0r

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

I said come in! posted:

But Israel was always meant to be established for Zionists and was promised to them as far back as 1900 (I think that was the right year?), by Great Britain.

You're probably thinking of the Balfour declaration, which was issued in 1917.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/mayadeenenglish/status/1789558645912469831?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

everyone in the Biden administration should face revolutionary justice

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Using European Jews after WWII to help form Israel and bring legitimacy to the state, was perfect for zionists. But Israel was always meant to be established for Zionists and was promised to them as far back as 1900 (I think that was the right year?), by Great Britain. It was ethnic cleansing in all but name, hand waved away by a U.N. resolution that was finally drafted and signed after WWII, so it took decades to finally happen.

Zionists only used the holocaust as a way to win sympathy and post-facto justify the ethnic cleansing of Palestine. They looked down upon holocaust survivors and actively aided the Nazi regime.

Wealthy German Jews paid a high price to the Nazis for a ticket to Palestine, and Zionist magazines were the only Jewish publications allowed under the Nazis. They also maintained strong trade relations with Nazi germany during the height of the holocaust.

Zionists aren’t as bad as Nazis, they’re worse. They actively spit on the legacy of their own people while cynically using that legacy to justify their own atrocities.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Dutch singer who got banned from Eurovision for fighting with the Israelis had a more explicitly pro-EU anthem than most contestants.

Which meant the supporters of the Dutch singer adopted the EU flag as a symbol.

So Eurovision banned the EU flag.

https://twitter.com/DorinFrasineanu/status/1789343562678640770?t=CAcYxNB3WVZHnEwv-dnZPA&s=19

The speed at which authorities in the West are trashing their ideological apparatus to defend the apartheid state is astonishing.

Lmfao what is going on, how are there more depths to how tone-deaf euros are

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
europe is the original heart of evil, they can't help it

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Zionists aren’t as bad as Nazis, they’re worse. They actively spit on the legacy of their own people while cynically using that legacy to justify their own atrocities.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

CODChimera posted:

why is this guy still banned?

His real crime was exposing nazis in D&D, which is apparently a load-bearing part of this site.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the euros have a shame kink so they like looking like little piss pigs

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

this is a good img

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Devil posted:

His real crime was exposing nazis in D&D, which is apparently a load-bearing part of this site.

state department stooges have been a pillar of that subforum for nearly its entire existence, and their role has always been the same. at least evilweasel had the good graces to be open about the kind of monster he is, i'd take that over the two-faced narrative crafting that seems like the defining trait shared between mods

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anybody who believes in the EU is too loving stupid to manage their own life, which is appropriate because they believe in rule by unelected technocrats.

e: https://twitter.com/azure_meraki/status/1789370247679512851

gotta open image in new tab to see that spear tip

:discourse:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ded redd posted:

state department stooges have been a pillar of that subforum for nearly its entire existence, and their role has always been the same. at least evilweasel had the good graces to be open about the kind of monster he is, i'd take that over the two-faced narrative crafting that seems like the defining trait shared between mods

like getting probated by Koos is at least understandable because he’s a vain, cruel monster, but getting probated by Google Jeb Bush sucks because he’s the stupidest, naivest, and most gullible mod ever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The guy who named himself as a Jeb Bush meme is a dumbass?

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1789583828727615946

Borell is the EU's "High Representative" of Foreign Affairs.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 10:59 on May 12, 2024

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Please dont make more crimes against humanity, we are so tired of looking the other way!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Measured, managed, massacre.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Zionists only used the holocaust as a way to win sympathy and post-facto justify the ethnic cleansing of Palestine. They looked down upon holocaust survivors and actively aided the Nazi regime.

Wealthy German Jews paid a high price to the Nazis for a ticket to Palestine, and Zionist magazines were the only Jewish publications allowed under the Nazis. They also maintained strong trade relations with Nazi germany during the height of the holocaust.

Have shared this article before, but for the first decade and a half of Israel's existence, Israeli society largely didn't sympathize with Holocaust survivors. The idea that Israel was founded by and for Holocaust survivors is a later fabrication.

Zionism was developing the ideal of the "New Jew", a strong farmer-soldier-intellectual capable of fighting for, and building, the fatherland. The "Old Jews" of Europe were considered weak and sniveling by contrast, and so Holocaust survivors weren't viewed kindly: They were the old kind of Jew, and if they didn't want to be killed, they should have just been better, stronger people.

You can still find this distinction floating around today among Zionists.

Thinking of Israel as a place founded by Holocaust survivors in response to the Holocaust is wrong. Holocaust survivors went there later, and when they did, they weren't treated well. Even today, many of the remaining survivors live in poverty.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Military Analysts Agree, no matter what Israel does, Hamas is going to win the war

===

‎News report: Israel's control of Rafah will not deal a heavy blow to Hamas‎

‎The Wall Street Journal on analysts:‎

‎Israel's takeover of Rafah is unlikely to deliver a heavy tactical blow to Hamas.‎
‎The resumption of fighting in Gaza City and the northern Gaza Strip shows that Hamas maintains its combat capabilities.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6532638

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zoeb posted:

Holocaust survivors tend to be critical of Israel

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

And this is why October 7th was justified. Sderot have always celebrated Gaza bombings and even hold viewings parties.

They got what they deserved last year.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Weird, it's almost like they've been attacking the population not hamas this whole time

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Esran posted:

Have shared this article before, but for the first decade and a half of Israel's existence, Israeli society largely didn't sympathize with Holocaust survivors. The idea that Israel was founded by and for Holocaust survivors is a later fabrication.

Zionism was developing the ideal of the "New Jew", a strong farmer-soldier-intellectual capable of fighting for, and building, the fatherland. The "Old Jews" of Europe were considered weak and sniveling by contrast, and so Holocaust survivors weren't viewed kindly: They were the old kind of Jew, and if they didn't want to be killed, they should have just been better, stronger people.

You can still find this distinction floating around today among Zionists.

Thinking of Israel as a place founded by Holocaust survivors in response to the Holocaust is wrong. Holocaust survivors went there later, and when they did, they weren't treated well. Even today, many of the remaining survivors live in poverty.

Ben-Gurion, the founder of Israel, literally called Holocaust survivors "human debris" whose experiences had "purged their souls of all good".

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ashkelon getting rocketed from right under the noses of the israelis

===

Rockets from Gaza and sirens sound in Ashkelon

The Al-Jazeera correspondent reported that the rocket launched by the resistance towards Ashkelon was launched from the place of the occupation forces incursion in the Jabaliya camp. The reporter also reported that the sirens sounded in the city of Ashkelon.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31604;&%231609;

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

god im just laughing at how much europeans are cucks that they are being asked to give up on their rights, have their boos censored, their votes manipilted are banned from protesting,etc. just for some corn-pizza eating racist poo poo hole lol

they really are failed state dictatorships

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Military Analysts Agree, no matter what Israel does, Hamas is going to win the war

===

‎News report: Israel's control of Rafah will not deal a heavy blow to Hamas‎

‎The Wall Street Journal on analysts:‎

‎Israel's takeover of Rafah is unlikely to deliver a heavy tactical blow to Hamas.‎
‎The resumption of fighting in Gaza City and the northern Gaza Strip shows that Hamas maintains its combat capabilities.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6532638

this was supposed to be THE Rafah operation and instead the IDF is fighting in Rafah, Jabalia, Netzarim, and the Zeitoun district of Gaza City. they’ve been building up for the assault on Rafah for months because they needed time to assemble the necessary concentration of forces, and they’re still forced to over-commit because they wouldn’t give up on the Netzarim corridor. Israel pretty much has no plan besides trying to kill as many people as possible, and Rafah is the last bastion of Israeli copium.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anybody who believes in the EU is too loving stupid to manage their own life, which is appropriate because they believe in rule by unelected technocrats.

e: https://twitter.com/azure_meraki/status/1789370247679512851

Saint George is Khamas

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol at any of you loving idiots who thought otherwise:-

=====

‎Egypt: Peace agreement with Israel is our strategic choice‎

‎Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry says that "the peace agreement with Israel has been Egypt's strategic choice for 40 years."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%B9%D9%84%D9%89

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas now back to Drone Striking Merkavas

====

‎Al-Qassam targets an occupation tank by dropping a shell from a drone

‎The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades announced that its fighters "shot an anti-armor missile with a drone on a Merkava tank east of Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza."‎

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Another Major got taken out

=====

‎Israeli Media: The deputy observer of the security system in Gaza was injured‎

‎The Israeli newspaper Maariv reported that Maj. Gen. Yogav Bar-Shesht, deputy controller of the security system, was wounded during clashes with the resistance in Gaza on Friday.‎

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Danger posted:

they’ve been shown repeated evidence of Israel breaking the rules (a Dutch finalist was DQ’d for less) and refuse to do anything. several other countries in the finals refusing to perform. the host has indicated she will refuse to present the award if Israel wins

it's as if a political decision was made to keep Israel in and they weren't getting kicked out even for cause

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
There's got to be some record that Hamas has set for most ranking enemy officers killed in a conflict at this point.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
About loving time

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1789644840315015183?t=ys7LLQWycbHUaAYC95Ctgw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow if egypt had a border with israel the israelis would be in huge trouble