Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Hammerstein posted:

Houthis are not getting any sympathy points from me for holding a crew hostage, predominantly from the Phillippines, that has nothing to do with Israel's crimes. "We are being treated well"' I say, while the good looking pirate, who likes anime, is holding me at gunpoint.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ansar Allah deserves uncritical support actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023
"We are being treated well" I say, while we're being treated well. The horror!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

When South Africa thinks your apartheid is a bit much

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Alchemist posted:

When South Africa thinks your apartheid is a bit much

Idk if you noticed but South Africa is currently run by the people who overthrew apartheid

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

VoicesCanBe posted:

Ansar Allah deserves uncritical support actually

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Hammerstein posted:

Houthis are not getting any sympathy points from me for holding a crew hostage, predominantly from the Phillippines, that has nothing to do with Israel's crimes. "We are being treated well"' I say, while the good looking pirate, who likes anime, is holding me at gunpoint.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how will the houthis survive without your sympathy points??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Nonsense posted:

Helen Thomas said nothing wrong.

i just looked at her wikipedia page because while i vaguely remembered her getting "canceled" over allegedly antisemitic remarks, i forgot what she said that was supposedly so awful

but holy poo poo lol they really railroaded her over fairly common sentiment, starting with the 2nd bush administration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Thomas#George_W._Bush_administration

quote:

In a later interview on CNN, on The Joy Behar Show, Thomas defended her comments. In response to Behar's question of whether she was an antisemite, Thomas replied: "Hell no! I'm a Semite, of Arab background." She then said of Israelis: "They're not Semites."

In addition, Thomas said in the CNN interview: "Why do they [Jews] have to go anywhere? They aren't being persecuted! They don't have the right to take other people's land." When asked if she regretted the comment, she said: "We have organized lobbyists in favor of Israel, you can't open your mouth. I can call the president of the United States anything in the book, but you say one thing about Israel and you're off limits."

quote:

Thomas was interviewed for the April 2011 issue of Playboy magazine, and made further contentious statements. When asked "Do you actually think there’s a secret Jewish conspiracy at work in this country [the US]?", Thomas replied, "Not a secret. It’s very open."

tbh just reading that (e: wikipedia, although the playboy one sounds interesting too lol) article proves she was right

Beeftweeter has issued a correction as of 21:21 on May 12, 2024

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The houthis are welcome to take me as a hostage if it will help the Palestinians.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Marenghi posted:

What's going on with the ICJ case. Last I heard they said Israel has to limit it's warcrimes and that was months ago.

A bunch of other countries have joined the suit but otherwise not much has happened. I fully expect any potential decision/verdict to be ignored but at least it would be nice to have it officially recorded that the zionist pigs are committing genocide.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

I said come in! posted:

The houthis are welcome to take me as a hostage if it will help the Palestinians.

Tie me to a chair and fire me at Sanaa, I am ready

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

I said come in! posted:

i agree, the houthis are welcome to take I said come in! as a hostage to help the Palestinians

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i agree, the houthis are welcome to take I said come in! as a hostage to help the Palestinians

:hellyeah:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
May I join the hostages? Chillin on a ship drinking coffee and watching anime sounds awesome.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I was filling up gas at a gas station and there was a Yemeni guy working behind the counter. Didn't like Ansar Allah, said it was basically the US behind that or something

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

assuming those are photos from the ship, just lol at the wall decorations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

E2M2 posted:

I was filling up gas at a gas station and there was a Yemeni guy working behind the counter. Didn't like Ansar Allah, said it was basically the US behind that or something

What else would you expect from expats?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

expats are almost always reactionary so yeah that tracks

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This cracked me up.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/tiffany-haddish-tracking-online-trolls-calling-rcna150574

quote:

Tiffany Haddish revealed to the Los Angeles Times that she sometimes investigates the trolls spamming her social media accounts with hateful comments and finds a way to reach out to them directly.

The “Girls Trip” favorite said that online bullying got so negative over the last year (with commenters calling her “pedo” and “not funny,” for instance) that she hired a digital forensics analyst when death threats starting coming her way. The analyst’s research showed that 75% of these threats were “created by robots in Malaysia and Iran.”
🤔🤔🤔
Hmmm I wonder what happens if you Google "Tiffany Haddish israel"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1789722044705239489

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:28 on May 12, 2024

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Why should they, their job is to be the mouth pieces of empire

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The IDF returns to Jabalia for their seasonal migration. If they can't lay their eggs in the corpses of juvenile humans, the larvae will starve upon hatching.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Chillgamesh posted:

It's good that Hamas attacked on Oct 7 to capture people for a prisoner exchange imo. But did they have to use curse words? Why can't they model better behavior for our children?

It's the myth of the perfect victim.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

e: accidental burger

Jonah Galtberg has issued a correction as of 22:59 on May 12, 2024

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
this man has overdosed on copium

https://twitter.com/Mr_Andrew_Fox/status/1789362758024069399

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The IDF returns to Jabalia for their seasonal migration. If they can't lay their eggs in the corpses of juvenile humans, the larvae will starve upon hatching.

they have so much in common with their enemy (the wasp)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

quote:

The IDF are conducting another assault in the North of Gaza, around Jabalia (see @2023gazawar’s excellent map, below). Critics are asking why the IDF are repeatedly going into areas they have already cleared and claiming this is a flaw in operational design. These critics have totally misunderstood what Israel is trying to do.

Here’s what I think: The answer is simple: the IDF have absolutely no intention of using the clear / hold / build counterinsurgency tactics the West tried in Afghanistan. Why would they? Those tactics were a disaster in Afghanistan. The flaw in Western analysis is always the same: “we wouldn’t do it that way”. See Russia in Ukraine for another example of another country catching out Western analysts (me included).

If you look at what’s possible, what the best version of “success” looks like, and what Israel are doing… I put it to you that in Gaza we are seeing a masterpiece of operational design. Ignore the “destroy Hamas” political rhetoric. The IDF are not *trying* to clear Gaza. So what are they doing? What’s possible? Any kind of political solution? Definitely not. No-one on the international stage has expressed any interest in helping with governance in Gaza. According to polling, 2% of Gazans support an Israeli-backed administration. The majority want Hamas back. Israel’s solution? Let them have Hamas. But the version of Hamas they’ll get is one heavily degraded militarily, but most importantly, with vast swathes of their tunnels and civilian-embedded infrastructure destroyed. “Never again is now” isn’t just an empty slogan.

Israeli operational design isn’t built around destroying Hamas, or regime change, or political change in Gaza. Those things aren’t possible. The operation is built around making sure 7th October can never happen again. Absent the possibility of any enduring political solution, that’s what success for them looks like for Israel. Israel have methodically razed what civilian-embedded Hamas infrastructure they could find in Gaza City, Khan Younis, and now Rafah. They have secured the Netzarim corridor (middle of the map) to control freedom of movement from South to North. It looks like they are trying to do the same thing along the Philadelphi corridor and Gaza’s southern border with Egypt, to cut off the inflow of weapons and supplies to Hamas (see the blue, bottom right corner of the map as the IDF break in to Rafah). Facial recognition software in controlled areas allows the IDF to stop known Hamas commanders moving around. This also allows the IDF to strike as and when concentrations of Hamas are identified, to degrade their manpower, then withdraw again (see the Shifa hospital operation and the current Jabalia operation).

At the same time they have destroyed buildings to create a 1km buffer zone around the Gaza border. This will prevent any repeat of 7 October. Nobody in Gaza is getting anywhere near the border. The operational end state here is significant infrastructure destroyed, Hamas fighting capability degraded, and the border secure; with the IDF retaining the capability to strike into Gaza at will. All whilst shifting hundreds of thousands of civilians out of harm’s way and minimising innocent casualties (Hamas’ human shield tactics aside).

The downsides: the destruction of Hamas-infested civil infrastructure has caused enormous damage. Urban warfare always comes with civilian casualties. The Egyptians look very twitchy about Israeli control of the Southern border. This isn’t a long-term political solution. The destruction has, of course, drawn huge international condemnation. Failure to communicate the plan has damaged Israel’s international standing, and they have been crushed in the global information war for the narrative. But: none of these are show-stoppers yet, strategically speaking. Debate the morality in the comments. But, militarily, this is quite brilliant operational design within the bounds of what was realistically possible.

So many words that still fail to explain how the IDF repeatedly leaving and occupying the same areas of the Strip is somehow part of a brilliant strategy. If they destroyed Hamas' military capabilities in the north and center, why do they need to go back again?

And of course the regrettable part for sickos like this is somehow Israel's PR failures, not the genocide itself. Although I'd sure like to hear some elaboration on how the IDF failed to communicate their intentions. Seems like they're doing exactly what they've been screeching about doing since the beginning of the war.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Morbus posted:

Tie me to a chair and fire me at Sanaa, I am ready

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

I've played enough real time strategy games to know this is nonsense. Giving up map control means you're losing

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Karach posted:

So many words that still fail to explain how the IDF repeatedly leaving and occupying the same areas of the Strip is somehow part of a brilliant strategy. If they destroyed Hamas' military capabilities in the north and center, why do they need to go back again?

And of course the regrettable part for sickos like this is somehow Israel's PR failures, not the genocide itself. Although I'd sure like to hear some elaboration on how the IDF failed to communicate their intentions. Seems like they're doing exactly what they've been screeching about doing since the beginning of the war.

'failure to communicate the plan' lmao

given that the plan still sounds loving psychotic even from this guy who is doing his level best to market it, I don't think communicating it better would have made the international community more pro-Israel

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Karach posted:

Make the land a desert and then call it peace, except you're too incompetent to actually do the desert part properly

Morbus
May 18, 2004

getting perpetually bogged down in costly urban combat purely for the sake of it while losing territory in a multi-front war is brilliant, actually

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
https://archive.ph/7jQD0

Zionists no longer master of their domain

Vanity Fair posted:

Jerry Seinfeld Commencement Speech Spurs Walkout at Duke University

Jerry Seinfeld has steered clear of controversy for decades, saving his strongest opinions for the arguably mundane. But it appears his recent comments on what’s acceptable fodder for comedy, as well as his ongoing support of Israel, have prompted a new wave of frustration with the comedian. That aggravation boiled over today, in the form of a student walkout at Duke University’s graduation, just as the Seinfeld star took the stage to deliver the school’s commencement speech.

According to a video posted to social media, Seinfeld’s introduction by school president Vincent Price was “drowned out” by chants of “free free Palestine.” The rallying cries appeared to come from both the soon-to-be-graduates seated on Brooks Field as well as folks in the surrounding rows at Wallace Wade Stadium.

Another video shows be-gowned students standing, unfurling Palestinian flags, and leaving the stadium as Seinfeld prepared to speak. According to The Daily Beast, the livestream of the graduation ceremony cut away from the protest as it occurred.

Seinfeld, who also received an honorary doctorate from the school, didn’t allude to the protest in his speech, which focused on general life advice for the graduates. WRAL reports that the still-working standup announced three keys to life: Work hard, pay attention, and fall in love. (All activities, one should note, that seemed to eternally elude his namesake character.)

“Whatever you’re doing, I don’t care if it’s your job, your hobby, a relationship, getting a reservation at M Sushi, make an effort,” he reportedly said from the stage. “Just pure, stupid, no-real-idea-what-I’m-doing-here effort. Effort always yields a positive value, even if the outcome of the effort is absolute failure of the desired result. This is a rule of life. Just swing the bat and pray is not a bad approach to a lot of things.”

As Seinfeld spoke, the departed graduates chanted, “Disclose, divest, we will not stop, we will not rest” from the parking lot, the Times reports.

Jerry Seinfeld’s latest bat swing is Unfrosted, a Netflix film that offers a satirical look at the creation of the Pop-Tart. The Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee creator has been borderline ubiquitous as he works to promote the film, including an appearance on last week’s episode of Saturday Night Live in which he depicted “A Man Who Did Too Much Press.”

Some might argue, however, that the issue hasn’t been the quantity, but the quality: In an interview with The New Yorker, the 70-year-old confoundingly claimed that “the extreme left and P.C. crap” has killed televised comedy, despite a multitude of comedic properties available for viewing every day of the week. The remarks were praised by many on the far right, while others said the remarks were out of touch, but perhaps unsurprising given some of the views expressed on his popular sitcom.

The comic, who is the parent of two Duke students and whom the New York Times describes as an “active booster” of the school, has been a vocal supporter of Israel since the October 7 attack on the country by Hamas; his wife also made headlines for actively funding an ultimately violent pro-Israel counterprotest at UCLA last week.

The Times reports that when Seinfeld was announced as this year’s speaker, students such as PhD program grad the Rev. Dr. Stefan Weathers Sr. wrote to Price to oppose Seinfeld’s planned appearance, characterizing the ongoing war in Gaza as “genocide.” Speaking with the NYT, Weathers warned that “There won’t be a business-as-usual commencement taking place,” as students were poised to “lift up our voices any way we can.”

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This cracked me up.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/tiffany-haddish-tracking-online-trolls-calling-rcna150574

🤔🤔🤔
Hmmm I wonder what happens if you Google "Tiffany Haddish israel"

Many different people state that they do not like me and do not want me posting

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zoeb posted:

I think about this a lot because one of the most formative movies for my worldview was Schindler's list.

lol dumbass

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

StashAugustine posted:

Make the land a desert and then call it peace, except you're too incompetent to actually do the desert part properly

the saddest part of all this is that all the sicko Zionists are dreaming of getting out of all this butchery is lovely beachfront condos and resorts built on the bones of dead children. their ability to dream up new horrors is so much more powerful than their ability to imagine enjoyable ways to pass the time.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
so are the galaxy leader crew really not allowed to leave because their contracts would see it as abandoning their posts? that's so stupid.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Looking at the map it's pretty obvious what they're doing, they've divided the Palestinian state once again, and will continue letting their boys and girls cause random terror in the north and south. They'll never give up that blue parcel of land and it will get bigger and bigger as they have to continually expand it for "safety" sake.

Now it's not just Gaza and the West Bank, it's Northern & Southern Gaza and the West Bank. The genocide slowly continues under the watchful eye of the west.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'm guessing if social media had been around to show us daily photographs of what happened in Darfur and Rwanda he might have cried seeing those too but I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

TrekBek posted:

so are the galaxy leader crew really not allowed to leave because their contracts would see it as abandoning their posts? that's so stupid.

maritime law and shipping companies really do not give a gently caress about crew comfort if anything goes wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Fleet when the suez canal was closed due the 6 day war, some ships were stuck in the middle for 8 years. some of the crews had to stick around for up to 5 years, and there always had to be some crew presence on the ships or flotilla.