Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Superterranean posted:

I play as Serrated, just requested membership.

Just approved you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Requested for Goonery. Finished off Thor, Daken, MN Mags and Storm, and I'm still OBW cover-starved, so I guess the long wait for 3* begins...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There's a recruit pool with like 12.5% OBW drop rate right now, if you haven't already done that PvE.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

There's a recruit pool with like 12.5% OBW drop rate right now, if you haven't already done that PvE.

Enemy of the State? Yep, the problem is that she's at 3/5/3 and I've gotten about 8 each of the two I don't need. Not a long-term problem (I'm sure soon I'll hate every OBW cover, not just 2/3 of them) but yeah.

edit: Thanks, whoever added me! Also gently caress Enemy of the State gently caress these ninjas gently caress Adamantium Slash gently caress gently caress

No Friend of Gravity fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 18, 2015

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

No Friend of Gravity posted:

Enemy of the State? Yep, the problem is that she's at 3/5/3 and I've gotten about 8 each of the two I don't need. Not a long-term problem (I'm sure soon I'll hate every OBW cover, not just 2/3 of them) but yeah.

edit: Thanks, whoever added me! Also gently caress Enemy of the State gently caress these ninjas gently caress Adamantium Slash gently caress gently caress

gently caress Gorgon and caltrops

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

bacon flaps posted:

gently caress Gorgon and caltrops

high level gorgon is a total rear end in a top hat. And Kishu are such a kick in the nuts

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Have they given any reason why they don't just release him as a new character?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The worst thing about kishu is that, unlike every single other character, killing him doesn't release his trap tiles until you've possibly taken damage from the match that kills him.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Shooting for all the standard token rewards in Enemy of the State (want those 1* Spider-Man covers), lots of repeat stages. But having fun with a team of 3*Bullseye, Scarlet Witch, and 1*Storm. SW generates decent pink for Bullseye, who then tosses Storm's hailstones and the ninjas. Lots of opportunity to see the greatest portrait in the game.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Nobody skip Deadpool today, it's Iron Fist day. Purple Iron Fist.
Is that Bullseye supposed to be comedic or serious btw? I can't figure out if he's intentionally goofy or supposed to just look crazy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Who says it can't be both?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Bullseye was actually a Deadpool villain during Dark Reign. It was pretty great.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
oh, purple iron fist

how I wish I had more than one purple iron fist cover

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wow, the game has been very nice to me today. That purple IF, and of my four Enemy of the State tokens, four were 3* and above. Well, one was Yellow Spider-Man and he's maxed, another was Mohawk Storm and she's maxed, one was yellow Captain Marvel and she was maxed, but not in yellow so her powers are now the recommended one.

And the other one was mother loving Blue Prof. X. I didn't have any blues for him yet.

Also I'm on track for that 80,000 point Daredevil.

Oh, and I finally cracked the "I hate ninjas" problem. Hulk and Patch and OBW. It is complete carnage.

bacon flaps posted:

Have they given any reason why they don't just release him as a new character?

Because he's dead. :v:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Everyone in the Marvel universe has died before that poo poo's like DBZ

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well I guess that explains the sudden namechange for Falcon to Sam Wilson :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why does the pyro's flamethrower take like three minutes to resolve? Is there some sort of bug?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If by three minutes you mean 10 seconds it's because the devs are fully aware of how bullshit flamethrower's turns/damage ratio is and want you to clench your anus in dread when it goes off.

If by three minutes you mean literally three minutes you should contact support because that's not supposed to happen.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
A couple of moves just seem to lag like that. Kamala Khan's team heal passive seems to take 5 seconds to trigger sometimes.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Top 50 in Enemy of the State :toot:

Never, ever again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only Top 100, which was easy enough without having to redo a node.

I can get my last Cyclops Red from the current event, anyways.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I got top 50 without grinding at all, just doing three full clears per sub and then cutting back to one each on the last two subs after I'd gotten the progression DD. I guess waiting for new shards to open really does make a big difference.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh God, QS, SW, and Vision in one group. I wish I had more Tokens. Only have 40. 50 if I count the ones I'll get during the week.

I used up my current batch of tokens and got 2 Rag, 2 IF, a bunch of 2*s and like two or three dupe 3*s. Which was a pretty good haul, since that brings up my IF to 2/2/2 now.

Also a new 4*!

Assumed to be Fantastic Four, since one of the new character's skills works with "Family".

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also a new 4*!

Assumed to be Fantastic Four, since one of the new character's skills works with "Family".

http://puzzlespoiler.tumblr.com/ posted:

Mr Fantastic (Reed Richards)
As the engineer of the cosmic experiment that forever changed the lives of his closest friends, Reed Richards blamed himself for their transformation.
One of the world’s foremost scientists, Mr. Fantastic has dedicated his life and talents to saving his world and those he loves as the leader if the Fantastic Four.
(creates black countdowns, blue protects, and generates green. Probably Blue, Green, Black. Maybe purple instead of green.
Pretty much has to be 4*; even if they weren’t handing more 4*s out he’d likely be one anyway)
Imaginaut
Reed Richards emerges from his lab with a Fantastic device that defies imagination. He places a %NumTurns-turn Black Countdown tile.
(PASSIVE) While one of these tiles is on the board, friendly Red, Green, and Yellow matches do an extra %NumDamage and increase the duration if these tiles by %NumExtraTurns.
Name, desc, boarddesc, next level, next level 2
Fantastic Elastic
Always thinking ahread, Reed Richards uses his elastic body to envelop his opponent before they have a chance to attack. He stuns the enemy for %NumStun turn(s) and also creates %NumTiles Blue Protect tiles of strength %NumStr
Master of the Fantastic
(PASSIVE) Mr Fantastic stands against the impossible in defense of his family and his world. Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, Mr Fantastic heals himself for %NumHeal and generates %NumAP green AP for each other Fantastic Four member on his team.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Really?

I mean, at least create a heroic DDQ or something, goddamn.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah at the moment it's too much effort to grind for 4* characters. Plus there's no point in doing so; I can get 3* characters just fine with my squadron of maxed 3*s.

This game needs 2 things :

DDQ for 4*s
More story events for new characters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hosed up.

Forgot there was 1 more day left of the Deadpool Batch and used up 2 of the next batch's tokens. So I'll only have 48 tokens to throw at SW, QS, Vision, and whatever 4*s show up.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I've gotta cull the herd a little bit in the next few days. Between Vision, Quicksilver, Daredevil, Blade and Hulk, who are the better heroes?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'd keep blade and hulk first. Definitely keep hulk if you have black covers and wolverine patch green covers.

Daredevil is ok, the others less so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ignite Memories posted:

I've gotta cull the herd a little bit in the next few days. Between Vision, Quicksilver, Daredevil, Blade and Hulk, who are the better heroes?

Among the ones you listed, Vision and Quicksilver are generally considered not as useful.

That being said, Vision and Quicksilver will both be required for Deadpool Dailies starting tomorrow (QS tomorrow, Vision 3 days from now), which means 1 more free DP token + a copy of each hero (assuming you can beat the nodes). So that's worth keeping under consideration.

I personally really like QS, even though his Black is probably his only useful skill. Green is way too random.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Vision and Quicksilver are easily the worst of those. That said, every 3* you throw away is a potential essential in the future.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Bummer, those are the two that I find more interesting. I like Vision's unique mechanics. Hulk and Blade always seemed sort of boring to me.

Right now I only have one cover for each of those heroes - Red Daredevil, Green Quicksilver, Red Vision, Green Hulk, Green Blade. I'm still in stage 2* right now, with my highest team members around 65. It was actually a loving miracle that I beat today's DDQ for another Kamala cover, because I had no business beating all 4 waves.

How do Falcon, Cage, Kamala, Bullseye, Psylocke and Grocket compare to those guys? I've got 2-4 covers for each of them, and figured I would probably hang onto them for now.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 21, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Falcon is good at 5/5/3
Cage at 5/3/5
Bullseye 5/3/5 (imo)
Psylocke 5/3/5
Grocket 5/3/5

Least valuable ones here are either Bullseye or psylocke

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ignite Memories posted:

Bummer, those are the two that I find more interesting. I like Vision's unique mechanics. Hulk and Blade always seemed sort of boring to me.

Right now I only have one cover for each of those heroes - Red Daredevil, Green Quicksilver, Red Vision, Green Hulk, Green Blade.

How do Falcon, Cage, Kamala, Bullseye, Psylocke and Grocket compare to those guys? I've got 2-4 covers for each of them, and figured I would probably hang onto them for now.

Check this out:
https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30187

I disagree with this dude about a few rankings (Beast/She-hulk), but it's at least an effort post that discusses the pros & cons of each 3*. For your list, Cage, Kamela, & Groot are all definite keepers, as is Blade from the list you're trying to pick from. The rest are meh to pretty meh.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Thanks guys, I will put that into consideration. Where do you find out about upcoming quests, like that?

edit: Oh yeah, I also found a blue Invisible Woman cover this morning. That makes 3 4* covers I have taking up space right now. (Sue, Fury, LadyThor).

Considering I'm still about a year and a half from stage 4, should I be chucking some of these for space or should I hang onto them?

edit: I saw that post, but I noticed Quicksilver and Vision weren't on there so I wasn't sure how up-to-date his opinions were.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 21, 2015

Onato
Dec 29, 2014
I've been sinking an ungodly amount of hours into this game recently. Looking to get an invite into a goon guild if possible; going by the username of Onato. Cheers.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I remember a rumor that they were going to HP cap roster slots? Does anyone know if they're still planning to do that? 800 for a roster slot is so freaking expensive....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think they were capping them at 1,000. I forget where I heard that, and am not sure if it's true.

On a side note, I'm somehow managed to stay within Top 100 despite joining a bit late and not doing much grinding.

I've been having a ton of fun with SW, Prof X, and GBW. SW only has 4 Blue and Prof X only has 3 Blue, but I feel like Prof X has a hidden passive that states that 5-matches become 100 times more common. Selective memory, probably, but I get so many 5-matches even without using skills.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh great, a kamala contest on PvP. Kamala is one of the few *** i have multiple covers for, so I really wanna place well in this one. Were you guys saying something about a website that tracks the number of entrants in the events to help you rank up? I wanna do anything I can to place well in this one, despite not even having a maxed team of 2s.

edit: how does the 'low-effort' queue work, and how can I try and get put onto it?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fuuuuuuck, today's SW is SW Green, not SW Blue. Still need 1 more Blue .

On a positive note, I got Hulkbuster Blue from today's DPD Token, bringing him to 1/1/3. Wish it had been a Black, though. Hulkbuster Black would be really useful.

Not gonna get far in the Deadpool PvP cause I'm up against strong people and I'm too lazy to make an effort. Guess that's the price I have to pay for doing well in the PvE event.