Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Zeth posted:

dad wasnt the one sitting in the wall going scritch scritch scritch all night long

but little did you know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

t_violet posted:

I'm in Texas and it's 31 right now. I don't really have a thermostat, my house only has one gas space heater. I've got it blasting and it's only got the temp up to 64 which is way too cold for me; I'd prefer 70+. I generally don't use the heater at night unless it's just ridiculously cold, I just worry about something bad happening when I'm sleeping.

For your own safety turn it off when you sleep. Also if necessary I'd close doors to the room you're in and put a towel under them as this will trap heat for your space heater making it not have to work so hard to heat the space you're in.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

t_violet posted:

I'm in Texas and it's 31 right now. I don't really have a thermostat, my house only has one gas space heater. I've got it blasting and it's only got the temp up to 64 which is way too cold for me; I'd prefer 70+. I generally don't use the heater at night unless it's just ridiculously cold, I just worry about something bad happening when I'm sleeping.

Just wear some extra clothes to bed, that usually does it, space heater electric bills can get pretty hefty.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

amarantinesky posted:

Our pipes froze twice in the past two weeks or so :( The toilet wouldn't flush and I first just assumed they decided to do construction and shut off the water without informing us (it happens a lot, but is a pretty dumb theory for winter), but I was really confused since the hot water to wash my hands worked. We had to blowdry the wall of the bathroom to defrost the pipes. So I'm going to go with "it's probably not warm enough in here." Of course we have giant radiators and drafts so it feels really warm in the bedroom, cold in the hallway, and freezing in the bathroom.

If you're having a lot of problems with freezing pipes, it helps to wrap the pipes in a layer of foam.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

amarantinesky posted:

Our pipes froze twice in the past two weeks or so :( The toilet wouldn't flush and I first just assumed they decided to do construction and shut off the water without informing us (it happens a lot, but is a pretty dumb theory for winter), but I was really confused since the hot water to wash my hands worked. We had to blowdry the wall of the bathroom to defrost the pipes. So I'm going to go with "it's probably not warm enough in here." Of course we have giant radiators and drafts so it feels really warm in the bedroom, cold in the hallway, and freezing in the bathroom.

I love the target fuzzy blankets. A lot of quilts and duvets look really nice but they just can't compete with the softness of those blankets. They're really cheap though so they're probably made of children's dreams and industrial waste.

if the temps are getting that bad run a very slow amount of water from the pipes in all the faucets
just enough for a tiny steady stream. It'll keep the water current moving thus preventing freezing.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

I love the target fuzzy blankets. A lot of quilts and duvets look really nice but they just can't compete with the softness of those blankets. They're really cheap though so they're probably made of children's dreams and industrial waste.

We have 4. At least those dreams are now being used for a good cause. And now dreamless, the children can spend their lives sewing me more fuzzy blankets.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2014

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It's actually been unseasonably warm for the past couple weeks here. Snow is melting and there are puddles! It seriously feels more like March.

I always find that the best way to cheaply heat a room is to close the door and light a bunch of candles. I have a ton of candles that I'll bring out when it's chilly. So long as you blow them out when you go to sleep, a few hours of candles burning will make your room plenty toasty and probably make it smell nice too.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
i'm envious of any of you fuckers that has a gas burning stove. the one thing i would love to have in this snowy bullshit weather.

the one. loving. thing.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I have my cat under a little blanket

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Tucked in

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pics pls. My demon kitty would not allow that no way.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Obligatory Toast posted:

i'm envious of any of you fuckers that has a gas burning stove. the one thing i would love to have in this snowy bullshit weather.

the one. loving. thing.

It really doesn't heat up the place that much. The cold pouring in from the windows does a great job of neutralizing it.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

poopkitty posted:

Pics pls. My demon kitty would not allow that no way.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

re: heating setups, it's been so hot around here that I've been running more into the issue of the AC not really working in my room, I'm really glad I invested in a little tabletop fan

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 3, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm not drunk yet but i'm feeling quite good

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Al Borland posted:

It really doesn't heat up the place that much. The cold pouring in from the windows does a great job of neutralizing it.

we had our windows redone. what are we waiting on?? the loving kitchen.

i want to bake brownies so bad.

Avshalom posted:

already drunk. my manager made good on a "i do this thing for you, you give me booze" promise

and aren't those the best kind?

im watching frozen as we speak because i don't feel like leaving the house tomorrow.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Avshalom posted:

but little did you know...

that JERKBUTT

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
http://www.ediva.com/choose-your-ediva/

Hahahaha.

loving $200-$300 for a tiny set of drawers

"Organize your makeup with class" nothing says 'class' like 'clear acrylic.'

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

I finished off some white wine today. Not bad I think it was Yellow Tail which comes from your country. Had fish yesterday with it so just drank what was left.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am having no-brand sauvignon blanc that i got from the supermarket because i am elegant and refined in my tastes and also extremely handsome for what it's worth

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Fabulist posted:

Hahahaha.

Pretty sure I can get something like that at the Dollarama.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Fabulist posted:

Hahahaha.

sixteen loving inches high??? OOOH AN EXTRA DRAWER FOR POLISH??

i require two loving ikea helmers for my makeup and nail polish. both still cost less than this bullshit and holds 2x the amount of crap.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i put al my makeup right IN MY rear end

it's a good place foer it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Anal bleaching is a thing so that's not as shocking as it sounds.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i odn't mean to shock only to inform and arouse

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Al Borland posted:

I finished off some white wine today. Not bad I think it was Yellow Tail which comes from your country. Had fish yesterday with it so just drank what was left.
yellow tail wine is so great. excellent tasting wine for prices that are inexplicably lower than even local wines.

yeah i'm back in this thread, after embarassing myself greatly a few weeks ago because too much liquor.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Prettz posted:

yellow tail wine is so great. excellent tasting wine for prices that are inexplicably lower than even local wines.

yeah i'm back in this thread, after embarassing myself greatly a few weeks ago because too much liquor.

Dude YT merlot is my favorite. Their whites are also quite good. I had Tilapia yesterday with it. Awful pre baked Tilapia but was a great wine. If I had some lemon fish mighta gone better. Seriously its like 5 dollars or less a bottle too. Fantastic.

e:

Avshalom posted:

i put al my makeup right IN MY rear end

it's a good place foer it
The anus is the best way to a man's heart don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
dont you fuckin lie to me al borland i aam an EDUCATED WOMEN

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

dont you fuckin lie to me al borland i aam an EDUCATED WOMEN

Did you get some of that education liquor into you?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i put it in my rear end

waitr i've alreyad made that joke

gently caress it i'm free

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

i put it in my rear end

waitr i've alreyad made that joke

gently caress it i'm free

Have a pleasant evening Avs Im off to bed. Try not to get banned!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

you're drunk now, i see your posts

HEY

go look at the military history thread everyone, that's where i post

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
HAHA UNRPOBATED HELLO

jsut coming bac kto give you all my lvoe before the admins wake up <3

dont' cry for meeeeeeeeeeeee

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

HAHA UNRPOBATED HELLO

jsut coming bac kto give you all my lvoe before the admins wake up <3

dont' cry for meeeeeeeeeeeee

godspeed you beautiful flower

those who burn twice as fast last half as long or...something

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i', on fiiiiiiiiiire

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Av, I just remembered that I bought a carton of wine at the grocery store.

I'm right behind you.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Ladygoons getting drunk when I'm trying to convince myself to get up and go to work. So jealous :(

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
lol it's 8:50pm av is the lightest lightweight :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fruity Gordo posted:

lol it's 8:50pm av is the lightest lightweight :3:

It's 18:51 here and Mr.Kitty is making meatball sammitches. Baller.

Fruity! New avatar! Less blush.
E: I already have a defense job, only I spell it defense.

• Locked thread