Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

NecroMonster posted:

read My Hero Academia, it's good.

watch Mob Psycho 100, it's good.

Yes to both

Also watch Gurren Lagann

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

The weird thing about SF4 is that half the criticism I've read about that game was about it being "too defensive", but we spent half of its lifespan getting hit by divekicks into combos into hard knockdown into setups into combos into hard knockdown, hehe.

for this you can thank low tech, a strong defensive option, and how it interacted with combos starting from lights...

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
New Berserk started. The animation style is unique, its not bad, it just takes a little bit to get used to. Its the same style they used in Kingdom. Needless to say Berserk is really good. I think they use that 3D anime engine cause it lets them do big scale fights without a lot of work.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Microwaves Mom posted:

New Berserk started. The animation style is unique, its not bad, it just takes a little bit to get used to. Its the same style they used in Kingdom. Needless to say Berserk is really good. I think they use that 3D anime engine cause it lets them do big scale fights without a lot of work.

i still can't believe they finally got off the ship

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/Fivda/status/751590208160825344

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
also casca is white as gently caress

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Berserk is artwork and no berserk anime has ever come close to matching up to it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just happy KOF XIV's animators are getting work in other places.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Pomp posted:

also casca is white as gently caress

Yeah they ain't gonna have the naked titties and orgies that come up in the series either tho. So :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guts didn't even slice like 6 dudes in half in the bar in the first episode this adaptation is fuckin garbage

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I decided to read Gigantomakhia in place of watching new whitewashed Berserk and feel better for it.

Also, any predictions for the SFV panel at EVO? I think Season 2 is a given, though perhaps without as many characters as Season 1.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ono blames capcom usa for everything and then ono and combofiend have an honor duel to the death.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Don't tease me like this tabs I swear to god

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

I need to get around to finish watching Season 1, I guess.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

One Outs is an anime about fighting games. I'm serious

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bad metaphors posted:

One Outs is an anime about fighting games. I'm serious

No its about baseball.

You mean Hajime No Ippo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

i still can't believe they finally got off the ship

and hunter x hunter just got on the ship and back on loving hiatus

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Revelant posted:

Can someone point me in the direction of the Street Fighter V thread.

[Ono dressed up as The Road Runner hammers "SF V HERE ====>" sign into the ground next to a cliff]

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Draynar posted:

Berserk is artwork and no berserk anime has ever come close to matching up to it.

trying to translate berserk to anime is like trying to make a movie out of classical paintings. like, idk, it just doesnt work in motion. its about gorgeous still images and the scope of the art is just insane.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Berserk is horror dressed up in armor and elf ears, you'd just need someone who really gets it in order to get a proper adaptation, and (while i freely admit that I don't watch enough anime (because most of it's really bad) to know who, if anyone, has a really good handle on horror) i just haven't seen any anime really get horror right

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 13, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My horrific prepubescent witch butts and bdsm waifus

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Miura is so good at horror because he's a loving horrible person i'm psure

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

dark souls is best berserk anime

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Has anyone ever done a good job adapting Junji Ito?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Someone should really remake this game. Scott Pilgrim is a good effort but not quite there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground well this is a thing I guess.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I don't know anime fills me with horror every time I see it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

no

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun posted:

panty & stocking season 2

https://a.pomf.cat/vjwyke.webm

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Someone should really remake this game. Scott Pilgrim is a good effort but not quite there.

i thought scott pilgrim was better than rcr by several miles. prob my second fave side scrolling beat em up

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Microwaves Mom posted:

No its about baseball.

You mean Hajime No Ippo.

If Kaiji isn't about fighting games then Ping Pong is about ping pong

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

i thought scott pilgrim was better than rcr by several miles. prob my second fave side scrolling beat em up

What's ur first fav

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Stocking

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Specineff posted:

What's ur first fav

shock trooper

avp

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bad metaphors posted:

If Kaiji isn't about fighting games then Ping Pong is about ping pong

ping pong is about ping pong it's just not about anime ping pong

My favorite beat 'em up is Streets of Rage 2 because I played it a lot. AvP is cool but the one machine my "local" arcade had was set on stupid hard mode, and therefore I just played a lot of Metal Slug.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my fav is one of the tmnt arcade ones but i don't remember the loving name of it or even a lot of details anymore poo poo i'm old

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A.o.D. posted:

gyo is good, uzumaki the live action is good, tomie the live action is good

please read high score girl and umehara: to live is to game

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Specineff posted:

What's ur first fav

All the rest are tied for 1st.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Maybe they released sf5 just to show that sf4 was actually pretty ok and that capcom could entirely gently caress up if they wanted to.

Sf x tk was a warning.

Sf5 is they delivering passionately. From netcode and all else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Is high score girl still running? Thought snk sued the mangaka into oblivion