Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

ArbitraryC posted:

Please show this to your teenager and start calling them a city bitch.

Done.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I have bluegrass Gangnam Style if that helps. The Weird Covers thread has a whole bunch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9s57UBMWdk

It does help! also this is exactly the kind of thread I’d probably like to read but never would have thought to search out on my own. Thanks!

Philonius posted:

Money, ho's, and pickup trucks.

That accurately describes life in exceptionally rural northern NY if you ignore the money bit.

Admiral Ray posted:

play them distilled country music like "We Rode in Trucks"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIntnHarCg

Also done. Boy, I’m so glad I said something about this.

e:

Adar posted:

my woke-dom demands...

It took me way longer than it should have to parse this. I was trying to figure out what having a woke dominant would have to do with any of the other things you said in a way that made sense. I guess I read this thread and/or the forums too much, but I already sort of knew that.

burial fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GCU Quelle surprise and extra row of teeth, if you don’t mind my asking, do you get a shitload of unsolicited ‘advice’ on what to do for the fibro pain?

‘I have fibromya-‘
:haw: Have you tried yoga?!
:downs: You should go vegan!
etc.

For years I’ve struggled with insomnia so bad I’ve bulldozed through just about every rx sleep med on the market with little/no effect. If people hear about it, I’m given unsolicited advice like:
‘Try sleepy time tea!’
‘You should take melatonin!’

Those suggestions got old by the third time I heard them. And if I tell them ‘tried it, didn’t do a drat thing’, it’s inevitably :haw: ‘Well it worked for me!’

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have an unholy knee-jerk hatred of country music thanks to my dad, but the earlier stuff into the 90s was pretty ok. I mean, I'll still enjoy an occasional Garth Brooks song or some Dolly Parton and hell yes to my man Johnny Cash if I'm in the mood. But country music is my last ditch go to if I'm gonna listen to something.

I live in the South. I have actually picked my place of employment because they wouldn't force me to listen to goddamn country music all day long.

If you want to imagine my life, just imagine a bunch of chubby white girls in scrubs gettin' loose af at 1am putting a IV cath into a dog while listening to rap music and swearing at the dumb poo poo receptionist for the 14th time today.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

I’ve always loved that answer. It’s hating the music of poor people but being colorblind about it!

I can’t really think of a genre of music I blanket dislike. Sure, some is only good in small doses (smooth jazz and dubstep, for example) but there’s usually something for everyone if you actually look.

Mashups are cool, too.
https://youtu.be/d2nLoh32CS0

If anyone asks, I just say I like Drake.

I used to dislike country until my nieces began having country music danceparties, now I love it!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

LadyPictureShow posted:

GCU Quelle surprise and extra row of teeth, if you don’t mind my asking, do you get a shitload of unsolicited ‘advice’ on what to do for the fibro pain?

‘I have fibromya-‘
:haw: Have you tried yoga?!
:downs: You should go vegan!
etc.

For years I’ve struggled with insomnia so bad I’ve bulldozed through just about every rx sleep med on the market with little/no effect. If people hear about it, I’m given unsolicited advice like:
‘Try sleepy time tea!’
‘You should take melatonin!’

Those suggestions got old by the third time I heard them. And if I tell them ‘tried it, didn’t do a drat thing’, it’s inevitably :haw: ‘Well it worked for me!’

Not them, but... yes. Oh, God, yes.

I practice the "smile, nod and say 'I'll have to look into that.'" technique. No, I don't think cutting gluten is going to cure my fibromyalgia. Pretty sure essential oils won't do much, but thanks!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Mostly for the title:

My [26M] brother [24M] will literarily use violence if I try to sell the guinea pigs he bought 3 months ago that he cast aside and doesn't even see them

mods, rename me "literary violence"

quote:

I take care of them daily like they're my own children, I do it because the first few weeks they lived next to a mop in the basement and sometimes didn't eat or drink for days.

I cannot take care of these guys, I've been trying my best for 3 months and they're stressing me out, cleaning their cage full of poo poo daily that often involves me getting clawed and waking me up at night from them biting the cage. One of them is trying to bang his mom and sister, so I bought a cage to separate the guy alone but he's become more depressed them ever, they're social animals I can't believe how he cast them aside like this.

It's always an instant no followed by aggression and threats whenever we try to sell them. He does not take care of them, doesn't even ever see them, they're in my room and I take care of the responsibility he just left to die. He almost bought 2 cats last week and if it wasn't for our father getting involved they would've definitely ended up here. I have no idea how to deal with him or this situation.

TL;DR: Brother bought and keeps trying to buy pets he never takes care of, pets could've been miserable or even reached a slow death if I didn't step in to care for them (this has happened with rabbits, a parrot and a dog just within 4 years). Brother will resort to violence if we try to sell them.

Then stop taking care of his pets and let them die! You are manufacturing a problem from taking over a responsibility you were never asked to! Jesus!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

With that many neglected oets I think its time to talk with your vet and put your brother down

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bonster posted:

Not them, but... yes. Oh, God, yes.

I practice the "smile, nod and say 'I'll have to look into that.'" technique. No, I don't think cutting gluten is going to cure my fibromyalgia. Pretty sure essential oils won't do much, but thanks!
I think people are really bad at dealing with a problem they can't do anything for but say 'I'm sorry that's happened to you'. It makes them feel bad, and then they want to help! So they say the first thing they think of that maybe could help, except it usually won't and it almost certainly has been suggested or tried before if it's something that could be valid.

I wish more people were comfortable with just going 'I'm sorry that you have to deal with that'.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
That's kind of why I say what I do. They feel like they've contributed and I can let it roll off.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I typically go with “I’m sure you’ve tried
all the usual stuff/you must get tired of having people suggest [insert applicable obvious thing].” That way they get a chance to either let it drop or bitch about something else.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bonster posted:

That's kind of why I say what I do. They feel like they've contributed and I can let it roll off.

Follow up curiosity question for all of ya:

What’s the most bonkers unsolicited suggestion you’ve gotten? I’m guessing essential oils.

Someone once told my cousin she needed to get rid of her cat and her fibro pain would vanish because pet dander was causing it.

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think fibro is a catch all for structural damage and swelling from different low grade immune system problems. My joint pain is cut in half by montelukast on its own.

I call that my Montel Williams pill and accidentally did so to my doctor :I
Also the sponge on a stick is fuckin' godly for cleaning because there are many grades of scrubber you can get for it and I love it so much.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My (21/f) mother cut contact with me after I moved away for a job; my father suffered a heart attack, and now my mother refuses to let me see him/says it’s my fault

quote:

This is my first reddit post, so I’ll try to keep it short and to the point.

8 months ago I moved across the country for a once in a lifetime job opportunity. However, I had to leave my parents behind. My mother has since refused to speak to me or see me, despite my various attempts at visiting since moving, as she feels I have “abandoned” her.

I have since settled into my new home, and have been with my current boyfriend for 6 months (and I realize this is not a very long time). I have kept him from my family for the most part because they are very religious and stuck in their ways, and have attempted to sabotage relationships of mine in the past.

Unfortunately, these things have exploded in my face over the past week. My mother was involved in a serious car accident and is undergoing physical therapy for 8 weeks. My father, who has been dealing with putting my brother through a very expensive college, still coping with having his daughter move far from home, and now my mother’s accident/impending hospital bills/car repairs, suffered from a heart attack just one week later.

At the time of the incident, I was visiting my mother’s sister in LA for vacation. I rushed to purchase a ticket to see my dad as soon as i heard the news, but my mom called my aunt and told her that I was not welcome to visit my dad and that I caused him the stress that led to his heart attack. This was devastating to me. I begged my mother over and over to let me come see my father, and she stated that if I came to her house, she would call the police and have me removed. I chose to leave the family by moving away, so I was no longer welcome in their lives. My aunt took my mother’s side.

And so, as my vacation was ending, I told my aunt I would be making a stop to visit my boyfriend who was on a business trip in AZ before returning home. My aunt berated me for wanting to see my boyfriend when I should be going to see my father, despite having just been told I wouldn’t be allowed to see him. She said I was wasting my time dating a guy who “didn’t want to marry me” (she’s never met him) and that he was using me for sex and would get rid of me when he is ready to settle down with someone and have children. She said that I need to ask him to marry me immediately or break up with him. She said that I shouldn’t date someone of a different faith than mine (she doesn’t know that I no longer practice any religion), and that he’s a bad influence for me. I tried repeatedly to explain to her that what she was asking was unrealistic of a couple that has only been together for 6 months...still, she continued to insult my relationship, doubt his love for me, and tell me that I was making a mistake by continuing to be with him. She also stated that she had the ability to contact him via social media and make him break up with me, though she then said that she was “too mature” to do such a thing.

The amount of emotional abuse I’ve dealt with at the hands of my family, even from so many miles away, has taken such a toll on me. I haven’t been able to sleep, as I’m so worried about my father. I’m beginning to doubt my relationship with my boyfriend for no reason other than my aunt has drilled it into my head that I’m making a mistake, and have been picking fights with him non stop.

How do I explain to my family that I can have my own life and still want to be in theirs? How can I explain to them that I may not want the same things that they want for me, but that I can still be a good person? I love my family so much, but I can’t continue to be gaslighted and emotionally manipulated.

Tl:dr; after moving away from home for a new job, my mother cut contact with me. My father suffered a heart attack, and my mother refuses to let me see him.
UPDATE

quote:

I ended up cutting my trip to CA with my mom’s sister short. I bought a ticket to visit my father across the country and no one was happy with this decision. My aunt essentially disowned me, told me I was selfish, and was a “fcking btch”.

I made a stop at my house to pick up my boyfriend, who was going to be joining me on my trip to my father for emotional support. When I got there, my bf shared with me a message my aunt had sent him via Instagram, saying that I was a disgusting person, a liar, homeless, and would ruin his life. She was basically trying to sabotage our relationship. He doesn’t believe a word she said, but I feel terrible that he is now being dragged into this mess.

What do I do? I don’t want to contact her and fuel another argument? Should I drop my attempt to see my dad and completely remove this family from my life? I don’t want my family dragging the one non toxic relationship I have through the mud.

Tl;dr: disowned by my mother for taking a job across the country, now I can’t see my father after his heart attack. My mother’s family is now trying to sabotage my relationship with my boyfriend for revenge.

:killing:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I recommend she start a series of events that culminates with the phrase "Who's homeless now?"

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

My Imaginary GF posted:

If anyone asks, I just say I like Drake.

HAHAHAHA oh man this is awesome.

Hey man, what kind of music are you into these days?

"oh you know. Drake, like...? The rapper? He's cool with the, you know, the kids these days right? Love that guy, and oh um, his music? Yeah I only like Drake, I dunno, it's not weird at all that I answered your question with a single specific artist right? Is it hot in here? It feels REALLY hot"

*sweats profusely*

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 19, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

What’s wrong with just inventing band names?

“Me? Oh, I’m really into Panda-pult Remediation, these days. Anything like that, really. Crones in the Doorway just came out with a new one too. You?”

e: I just like maybe making up stupid band names, I guess. Next time I’m going with “The Severed Polycules.”

burial fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 19, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Taima posted:

HAHAHAHA oh man this is awesome.

Hey man, what kind of music are you into these days?

"oh you know. Drake, like...? The rapper? He's cool with the, you know, the kids these days right? Love that guy, and oh um, his music? Yeah I only like Drake, I dunno, it's not weird at all that I answered your question with a single specific artist right? Is it hot in here? It feels REALLY hot"

*sweats profusely*

"No, not that Drake, the other Drake.

"No, the other other Drake."

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Haifisch posted:

Today on buried ledes:

How do I(23F) explain I’m not into music without seeming like a weirdo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BApemrpz2CY

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Then stop taking care of his pets and let them die!

Uh...No?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Some people basically buy pets as house ornaments and will go through dozens without blinking.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Sedisp posted:

Uh...No?
Why not, it's the obvious solution?

While we're still having music chat, the poor woman anxious about having no clear taste reminded me of my tensest experience with being asked about music taste. I was 18, still quite teenage-nerd-weird but trying to outgrow it, and getting friendly with my super down-to-earth mechanic colleague in a social thing I had to do for a year (to escape the then-mandatory draft). He invited me to do a few things with his friends who were all also worker-types, very nice on average but I stuck out super hard with my general nerdiness and the whole "about to go to university" thing. There's a lot of stories with cultural/"class" clash there. But when I first met them, hoo boy. My colleague took me and two of his buddies for a trip somewhere in his self-tuned car, and I was sitting wedged in-between the two strangers, one of which was about 2 meter tall, about as wide in the shoulders, shaved bald and with "Blood" and "Honor" tattooed on his jacked-rear end arms.

You know, honest, normal working-class Germans. He assured me later it was not a nazi thing, but "heritage".

Anyway, then he suddenly drops the question.

"So, what do you like? Hip-hop or Techno?"

I think I took the longest three seconds of my life to decide which answer was less likely to end my life. At the time, I hated both about equally, but I went with the truth, that being the super dorky "I like melodic stuff, and Techno does some interesting things with the melodies".

Turns out they're all super SUPER into Techno, raves, hardcore poo poo and I was now their best friend. Holy poo poo though.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

Why not, it's the obvious solution?

They're living beings that don't deserve to starve becase of a poo poo head sibling.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I think young people subconsciously use that question to try and gauge class and social standing in the same way that adults ask ‘so, what do you do?’

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sedisp posted:

They're living beings that don't deserve to starve becase of a poo poo head sibling.
I guess he could quick-poison the little clawy poo poo machines instead...

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I think young people subconsciously use that question to try and gauge class and social standing in the same way that adults ask ‘so, what do you do?’
Wonder to this day if they'd have decided that I was too high-class for them if I had said Hip-Hop instead (or maybe it was the too-big felt hat I thought was cool at the time, they later stole it, filled it with ice cubes and handed it back to me, proving that bullying works even into adulthood because I no longer wear stupid hats).

I also think the biggest lesson I learned at that very moment was that saying the actual truth of "actually, I despise both about equally!!!" would have triggered the trap somewhat fiercely.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I hate when people ask you where you are from or a question like that, and you answer it, and then they don’t tell you what they do or where they are from or whatever. It’s like, do I actually need to ask the same question back to you for you to offer up a response or have a conversation? No, it’s just a one way interview and the other shithead has nothing to talk about but they want to engage you with a list of rhetorical questions. What’s funny is just to outright lie to people when they do that poo poo. You can see the anger boil up inside them when they already know the answer to the question they just asked before they asked it. I told some shithead at burning man that i was from papua New Guinea and he said my accent seems really midwestern and I told him I took a neutral accent course like they do for newscasting. He didn’t tell me where he was from without me asking him back which is like, are we in kindergarten here where everyone has to repeat the same thing when we go around the circle to introduce ourselves? Anyways people always got a whole lot of questions and not a lot of poo poo about themselves to say, probably mostly because most people are too stupid to think up complex contingency schemes on the spot.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

"Try not to unnecessarily bring about the death of your pets" is simple life advice that should not need to be elaborated on.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Wait a minute...haven't we seen this guy before??

I got hosed up on crystal meth and was in a fast food bathroom by the sink half-naked when someone walked in. The person ran out and called security, who kicked me out. Could the police have been called? Could I have gotten charged?

quote:

State is California. City is Los Angeles.

I got hosed up on crystal meth and was in a fast food bathroom masturbating. I exited my stall half-naked (in just underwear) to wash my hands. Someone walked in and saw me. He ran out, called security, who kicked me out.

Could the police have been called? Could I have gotten arrested?

The Mad Methsturbater strikes again!!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Could the police have been called? Could I have gotten arrested?

Were you masturbating outside the safety of your own domicile?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pvt.Scott posted:

I’ve always loved that answer. It’s hating the music of poor people but being colorblind about it!

I can’t really think of a genre of music I blanket dislike. Sure, some is only good in small doses (smooth jazz and dubstep, for example) but there’s usually something for everyone if you actually look.

Mashups are cool, too.
https://youtu.be/d2nLoh32CS0

congrats on being woke but country has been pop synths in cowboy hats since garth brooks

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

burial posted:

What’s wrong with just inventing band names?

“Me? Oh, I’m really into Panda-pult Remediation, these days. Anything like that, really. Crones in the Doorway just came out with a new one too. You?”

e: I just like maybe making up stupid band names, I guess. Next time I’m going with “The Severed Polycules.”
Someone asks a normal ‘getting to know you’ question and you start spewing a bunch of random words strung together and then expect them to react as if you’ve responded substantively? Or that you’re not trying to get one over on them and fool them into thinking those are real bands? That’s not how human interaction works, that’s a Parks and Rec outtake.

I know this is a comedy forum and all but if anyone did this in IRL it’d be super obnoxious and I’d end that conversation immediately.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Business Gorillas posted:

congrats on being woke but country has been pop synths in cowboy hats since garth brooks

?????? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1gdoCWozU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Business Gorillas posted:

I think it's one of those cases where people get turned off a genre mostly because their exposure to it is from terrible people with terrible taste playing particularly bad to mediocre examples of it extremely loudly on lovely stereos in public.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it's one of those cases where people get turned off a genre mostly because their exposure to it is from terrible people with terrible taste playing particularly bad to mediocre examples of it extremely loudly on lovely stereos in public.

My wife played a lot of sand volleyball when we lived in St. Louis like 5 years ago, we went to this tournament at a suburban cowboy bar and this song came on the stereo from the perspective of a dude who took a breakup badly and was stalking his ex and her new boyfriend. It included examples like parking his truck on her front lawn, shining his high beams in her window, etc. I probably shouldn’t have been shocked that it was very popular and the crowd sang along. Literally my only experience with modern pop country as an adult.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
If the brother doesn't take care of the pets at all, why not just give them away and not tell him. Not like he's gonna miss them.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My son [32] told me [63] and my wife [61] that he's planning on proposing to his boyfriend and my wife won't have any of it.

quote:

My oldest son came out to us when he was 21 years old, in 2007. Personally I never saw what the big deal was- my parents were Creaster Episcopalians so I have no strong religious opposition to it, and I knew for years that there was something he was holding back and that he was somehow unhappy, and afterwards he seemed so much looser and freer- he seemed at peace with himself for the first time in years.

The best I can say is that my wife held her tongue. She was raised Catholic and after Vatican II her parents started attending what they call a Sedevacantist church, which from what I can understand means that they don't recognize the Pope because they think he's too liberal. Naturally she insisted that all five of our children go to Catholic school and get Confirmed and all that, and I went along because I loved her and because I had no strong religious feelings of my own.

She didn't say anything, even to me, but I could tell she disapproved, the way she pursed her lips whenever the topic came up, the way she referred to every boyfriend our son had as a "friend" or a "roommate." I never said anything because I didn't want to upset that particular apple cart, and so I kind of brushed it to the side and assumed she'd come around eventually.

It's even more jarring when you consider what happened when I told my own mother, rest her soul. The woman was born in 1927, and when I told her the only reaction I got was that she resumed her normal grandmotherly henpecking with the pronouns swapped (eg, "does he have a boyfriend yet," "are he and his boyfriend thinking about getting married?" "are they thinking about adopting? You know your sister and her husband gave your father and I five grandkids from foster care after her hysterectomy")

So fast forward 11 years, and my son tells us that he's planning on taking his boyfriend out to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge in Philadelphia and proposing to him when they're halfway across. Of course I'm delighted- they've been together three years, he makes my boy happy, and they're already looking into the process to get registered as foster parents. They bought a house in East Falls together a year ago. His sister and her husband are exoecting already, but I wouldn't mind getting grandchildren from him as well.

My wife purses her lips and says nothing. She hangs back while I congratulate him and wish him the best. Then the moment the door closes the first words out of her mouth are

"We're not going."

I say "of course we are- our son's getting married." She says that it's a farce, and a crime against God, and that he can fornicate with sodomists all he wants but it won't be a true marriage. It ended with the first big, blow-up fight we've had in years and me sleeping in a motel room. It's been a few days and she's not budging- not only is she not going but she doesn't want me to go either.

How do I navigate this? We've been married 35 years and somehow this is the hill she's willing to die on? How do I get her to understand that our son's happiness matters far more than words written in a 2,000 year old book?

Tl;dr: My gay son is proposing to his boyfriend and my wife is categorically opposed, and wants me to boycott it with her. I think she's being unreasonable and will go even if she won't.

quote:

What truly bewilders me is the fact that we've never tried to force our beliefs on each other. Every year on election day we joke about how we're cancelling out each other's votes. She's never had a problem with me getting a Big Mac on the way home from work on a Friday in Lent. She's never bugged me to go to Mass because she knows I converted in order to marry her. Now she's insisting that I not go to my own son's wedding and I insist that I shall.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Haifisch posted:

My son [32] told me [63] and my wife [61] that he's planning on proposing to his boyfriend and my wife won't have any of it.

Time your divorce to complete itself the day before his wedding.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

His first clue should have been when she thought the Pope was a filthy liberal.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Haifisch posted:

Wife sucks rear end and will die forgotten by her children

quote:

It's even more jarring when you consider what happened when I told my own mother, rest her soul. The woman was born in 1927, and when I told her the only reaction I got was that she resumed her normal grandmotherly henpecking with the pronouns swapped (eg, "does he have a boyfriend yet," "are he and his boyfriend thinking about getting married?" "are they thinking about adopting? You know your sister and her husband gave your father and I five grandkids from foster care after her hysterectomy") 

:hmbol: Granny loving owns

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Danaru posted:

Wife sucks rear end and will die forgotten by her children

:hmbol: Granny loving owns
She seriously does.

OP posted:

To be fair [Granny]'s what I would call a convert to the sexual revolution. She was already a mother of six when she read The Feminine Mystique and in many ways was more of a "flower mother" than a flower child. My father once had to bail her out of jail when I was fourteen and she was arrested protesting the Vietnam War, and she made signs to demonstrate in favor of Roe v Wade (a fact I never shared with my wife). I swear if she were closer to my age she would have hitched a ride to Woodstock and joined a commune in the late '60s and early '70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

dying alone and unloved to own the liberal pope John XXIII