Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks for telling everyone my Meteos strategy jerk

That was my puzzles and dragons strategy too :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone put off by the $16 asking price for the quite good Layton's Mystery Journey, there's a new free trial version dubbed the "Starter Kit" that comes with the first case unlocked and the rest available via IAPs. There's an American version and a Euro version; get the one that works for you.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Meteorfall: Journeys is a new roguelike deck building card game that plays like Reigns and has an Adventure Time influenced look. It's pretty neat.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Playing now and it seems pretty cool. Still a little buggy since it's crashed twice on me but the game play is really fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A friend of mine works for the company that made the Harry Potter game and she's really excited for the release. Apparently they had to run poo poo by JK Rowling to get approval so they're not half-assing it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

A friend of mine works for the company that made the Harry Potter game and she's really excited for the release. Apparently they had to run poo poo by JK Rowling to get approval so they're not half-assing it.

Ask her why they haven't made a Bully-style Harry Potter game.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Both Baldur's gate games and planescape: torment are 50 percent off for 6 days.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/cool-january-app-sales.html

Torment is kinda tempting, and my phones are on the large side... 7 inch screen should work for it.

Cannot really play bg without a couple of mods i really like, though... And cloud saves one steam are very nice.
Might buy torment once again.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Luisfe posted:

Both Baldur's gate games and planescape: torment are 50 percent off for 6 days.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/cool-january-app-sales.html

Torment is kinda tempting, and my phones are on the large side... 7 inch screen should work for it.

Cannot really play bg without a couple of mods i really like, though... And cloud saves one steam are very nice.
Might buy torment once again.

Had anyone played Planescape on a tablet? Just wondering how hard it will be too read the text.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trampus posted:

Had anyone played Planescape on a tablet? Just wondering how hard it will be too read the text.

I know it's nearly unplayable on a phone.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I played Planescape on a Chromebook. Could read it, no problem. So I guess a bigger tablet would be fine, less sure about something like a 7 in.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

I sideloaded it and although I'm not a big Potter fan I still found the game quite charming and I got into the story more than I thought I would. It was actually really cool being your own Hogwarts student and I liked how you can build friendships and deal with rivals in different ways.

There's not a lot to the actual "gameplay" however; like the video I posted earlier shows, missions (and taking classes) mainly involve randomly tapping on things that incrementally drain your energy while building up a completion percentage, and since you often don't have enough energy to finish the mission off in one sitting you have to go away to let it recharge or shell over some gems. They also all have time limits; I failed a story mission with a 3 hour time limit because I forgot to return to the game with enough energy to complete the mission and had to start it all over again. I uninstalled the game shortly afterwards.

I think the game has potential but dealing with the F2P stuff in its current form is disappointing. I also would have rather preferred some Bully like minigames instead of this boring tapping on things nonsense, but ultimately I think a lot of fans probably wouldn't care.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 26, 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

They also all have time limits; I failed a story mission with a 3 hour time limit because I forgot to return to the game with enough energy to complete the mission and had to start it all over again.

wow

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

mrkillboy posted:

you often don't have enough energy to finish the mission off in one sitting you have to go away to let it recharge or shell over some gems. They also all have time limits; I failed a story mission with a 3 hour time limit because I forgot to return to the game with enough energy to complete the mission and had to start it all over again.

Fuuuuuuck that!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
That's also when I uninstalled. It was something like a 50 energy story progressing task and I had like 15 energy so to progress in 3 hours I had to open the app, click a button 15 times, close app and wait for the energy to refill, then repeat that three more times. I failed it and closed it forever.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is a new game called cosmic eggs where you make pokemon have sex to make stronger pokemon.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Dragon warrior monstermon?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Vhak lord of hate posted:

That's also when I uninstalled. It was something like a 50 energy story progressing task and I had like 15 energy so to progress in 3 hours I had to open the app, click a button 15 times, close app and wait for the energy to refill, then repeat that three more times. I failed it and closed it forever.

One night I stayed up later than I usually do because I wanted to finish an 8 hour story mission before going to sleep (and failing it) because I'm a stupid moron.

Anyway it looks like WB have geo-restricted the soft launch beta now, so anyone still interested in the game will have to wait for it to come out later this year.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Someone was asking about a darkest dungeon style game earlier.
China has heard your cry.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Meteorfall: Journeys is a new roguelike deck building card game that plays like Reigns and has an Adventure Time influenced look. It's pretty neat.

Thanks for your posts, I have been playing a bunch of games because of them, and this one is another little gem.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any recommended VR games or experiences? Couple caveats: no Bluetooth controller, and I'm rockin' an LG G4, so I don't think I can run the dream vr stuff, or whatever it's called.

Someone brought over their VR goggles, and I'd like to try it out. I have cardboard, but it's not a headset, and I prefer not having to hold it all the time.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone put off by the $16 asking price for the quite good Layton's Mystery Journey, there's a new free trial version dubbed the "Starter Kit" that comes with the first case unlocked and the rest available via IAPs. There's an American version and a Euro version; get the one that works for you.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the professor layton games but this is a battery killer and my phone dies halfway to work :(

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone tried Last Day on Earth? I keep seeing ads for it.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any recommended VR games or experiences? Couple caveats: no Bluetooth controller, and I'm rockin' an LG G4, so I don't think I can run the dream vr stuff, or whatever it's called.

Someone brought over their VR goggles, and I'd like to try it out. I have cardboard, but it's not a headset, and I prefer not having to hold it all the time.
That's gotta be tough with a curved LCD screen... There won't be anything more you can do that you can't already do with cardboard.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Trastion posted:

Anyone tried Last Day on Earth? I keep seeing ads for it.

Tried it months ago. The game was a pain in the rear end with NPC and player survivors fully decked out mercing you on resource runs and stealing your poo poo.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Oh man I finally won a game of (Shattered) Pixel Dungeon, I'm so happy. Amazing game and crazy that's it totally free and open source.

(Even though it crashes sometimes but that only happens when I've been playing for hours.)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a new game called cosmic eggs where you make pokemon have sex to make stronger pokemon.

you can also jack off your space aliens for better results

quote:

Get together with friends and shake your phones for even better breeding results!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Aww I don't have any RL friends into Android gaming I can jerk off my monsters with.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Burrito Bison has me addicted more than any game in recent memory. Grindy F2P bullshit, but stick with it long enough you can earn shitloads of in-game money.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Mr Hootington posted:

Tried it months ago. The game was a pain in the rear end with NPC and player survivors fully decked out mercing you on resource runs and stealing your poo poo.

Yeah I installed it and as soon as I went to the 2nd area (the first seems safe) I was killed by a player right away.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Are there any hot new idle games?
I've done Idle Oil Tycoon, Shop Heroes, and Egg Inc already

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of 2012 PC business sim Game Dev Tycoon is out now for Android.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

mrkillboy posted:

A port of a PC game that was a copy of the mobile port of the Japanese PC game named Game Dev Story made by Kairosoft.

Is this better than the original?

Hekk fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 31, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Even the PC version wasn't better than the kairosoft game

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Also out right now is Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, to coincide with the release of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on consoles.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Is this better than the original?

It's not nearly as charming but the user interface is a lot better.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 31, 2018

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

$5? lmao no thanks

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

mrkillboy posted:

Also out right now is Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, to coincide with the release of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on consoles.

It's not nearly as charming but the user interface is a lot better.

Despite being released like a year ago in Japan this is severly lacking in content, there are 5 story chapters that take about a day to get through with a generic mobile story and some daily dungeons and that is it. No PVP no "endgame" nothing to really fight or grind if you wanted to.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I've been having a lot of fun with Meteorfall, so thanks to whichever goon recommended it.

I haven't been able to make it past a second boss, though. Any advice?

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Mikey Purp posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with Meteorfall, so thanks to whichever goon recommended it.

I haven't been able to make it past a second boss, though. Any advice?

Mischief is super op - just make a deck full of stuff that gives you an extra move (stab is best) and 2 eviscerates and you 1HKO almost everything. I 2 hit the uberlich and my brother killed him before he got a turn. For this build always go blacksmith to upgrade eviscerates and always take stamina over health. I haven't worked it out for the other characters though!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Flea Bargain posted:

Mischief is super op - just make a deck full of stuff that gives you an extra move (stab is best) and 2 eviscerates and you 1HKO almost everything. I 2 hit the uberlich and my brother killed him before he got a turn. For this build always go blacksmith to upgrade eviscerates and always take stamina over health. I haven't worked it out for the other characters though!

Can confirm this to be very amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

uXs posted:

Oh man I finally won a game of (Shattered) Pixel Dungeon, I'm so happy. Amazing game and crazy that's it totally free and open source.

(Even though it crashes sometimes but that only happens when I've been playing for hours.)

Nice. Do you have any tips for that game? I'm actually so loving bad at it