Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Digirat posted:

What's the best perk for tone in FD? Most of the titans seem to have ones I can write off but all of tone's seem really good. Double sonar has been working best for me so far

Sonar ping is the one, when you get his splasher 40mm rounds it means you mark multiple targets up with each. You may not be the final hit on titans but support wise you're doing better than any other titan on the field.

That an making GBS threads out missles in the amount you can with him is always funny, it makes Northstar's core look half arsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I managed to lock on 5 titans at once with tone on Rise. When I used R1 it was a loving Robotech missile barrage that even made the fps drop quite a bit for an instant. It was awesome because I instantly deleted two titans and damaged the other three.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I lined up 8 titans with a flame core today. That was a good core.

I used to dominate on regular MP though, any mode. Now I'm a weak little pissbaby with reactions like molasses and aim like a tweaker. Better than a few weeks ago, but it's amazing how bad I am after only a few months off the game. Anyone else in [BRXT] European Goonion?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vlex posted:

I used to dominate on regular MP though, any mode. Now I'm a weak little pissbaby with reactions like molasses and aim like a tweaker. Better than a few weeks ago, but it's amazing how bad I am after only a few months off the game. Anyone else in [BRXT] European Goonion?

I'm always looking for EU goons to play with, but sadly is hard on PSN.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Guillermus posted:

I'm always looking for EU goons to play with, but sadly is hard on PSN.

Add my face; Nude_Tayne_

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The titans that drop on wave 1 also seem to have good luck airshotting pilots vying for a rodeo all at once

or going WWE on them through the smoke

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vlex posted:

I used to dominate on regular MP though, any mode. Now I'm a weak little pissbaby with reactions like molasses and aim like a tweaker.

Co-op and Titan Brawl came along at a good time.

I don't think I'm bad at this game by any measure, I've platted it and put in hundreds of hours in MP, but the pilot game has surpassed me at this point and many of the players/teams that I get matched against after 8pm pst are unbelievably skilled. It's just the natural progression of a game like this.

I mostly play Titan Brawl now since it's slightly less twitch and more focused on monitoring your teammates positions/cooldowns etc.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
How can I join the goon Titanfall assault clan?

EvilHenners
Jul 4, 2004
tbh

Sigma-X posted:

How can I join the goon Titanfall assault clan?

Guild is called Titanfall Goons. Should be easy to find!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Also Clans don't unlock until level 3 I think.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't know Titan toons existed and now I loving love them :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qWnMx5VDTk

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Patch Notes are out for tomorrow's update

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/

quote:

Jayfresh_RespawnJayfresh_Respawn
7:09PM edited 7:16PM in Game Updates
NEW CONTENT [FREE]
Map: UMA [Live Fire]: Tight corridors guide combat into three arenas flanked by balconies, doorways, and windows. A large central divider provides cover for short range effectiveness, with a long flank that opens opportunities for confident marksmen.
New Execution: Hole in the Wall [Amped Wall] : Get five kills while Amped Wall is active to unlock.
Onyx 'Good Boy' Banner
TitanToons banners [8 total]
Community Creation Banners: Titan Restaurants by Nicole Peh [6 total]

NEW FEATURED MODES
Aegis Titan Brawl: Standard Titan Brawl but with your Aegis Titans.
Aegis Last Titan Standing: Standard Last Titan Standing but with your Aegis Titans.

NEW CONTENT [PURCHASABLE]

8 NEW ELITE WEAPON WARPAINTS: Each comes with a Squad Leader Bonus
10% chance per owned Elite skin (up to 30%) to earn a Double XP token at the end of a match.
Grants one extra merit to you and your teammates at the end of a match. A player can only receive this bonus once per match.
$4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundle of 8 (bundle limited time only until 9/26).

New Skins include:
Thunderbolt ‘8-Bit’ ELITE
Spitfire ‘Lead Farmer’ ELITE
Devotion ‘RSPN Custom’ ELITE
Hemlock ‘Mochi’ ELITE
Kraber ‘Masterwork’ ELITE
R-97 ‘Purple Fade’ ELITE
R-201 ‘Frontier Patriot’ ELITE
Mozambique ‘Crimson Fury’ ELITE

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
The purchasable Frontier Defense shoulder plate can now be applied to Prime Titans and all skins, and can be toggled on or off in the loadout menu.
You can now edit Pilot loadouts from the Titan selection menu in Last Titan Standing
Chat box added to Titan selection screen in LTS and FD.
Single Player: BT’s loadout menu doesn’t delay when selecting loadout button [thanks Bryonato for reporting!]
Added option for “Friendly” to Hold to Rodeo control - works on friendly Titans.
Frontier Defense has been added to Private Match settings.

FRONTIER DEFENSE IMPROVEMENTS
Applying an Amped Battery to a doomed Titan now provides a full shield when used to bring a Titan out of Doomed State.
Reaper and Titan weak spots are now hidden when cloaked by Cloak Drones.
Difficulty is now shown during Titan selection screen.

Wargames
Reduced difficulty of wave 2 and 5 on lower difficulty settings.
Reduced chance of tick drop pods detonating upon landing.
Reduced chance of ticks jumping to the pilot drop zone.

Rise
Spawn-as-titan locations are now closer to the harvester.

BALANCE CHANGES

TITANS

Legion
Fixed a bug where Long Range Power Shot could hit a target twice.

Ion [Frontier Defense balance]
Combined the Split Shot upgrades into one upgrade.
Added a new Laser Shot upgrade that increases weak point damage.

Monarch [Frontier Defense balance]
XO-16: Critical Hit now increases weak point damage by 50% from 25%.

Tone [Frontier Defense balance]
Signal Strength Upgrade now increases the duration of Sonar Pulse by 100% from 60%.

MISC BUG FIXES
Frontier Defense: Fixed bug where player would get stuck on Titan selection screen if they joined a game late and got killed while transitioning from Titan screen to game.
Frontier Defense: Adjusted Stalkers pathing to reduce cases where they would go to unreachable areas of the map.
Fixed bug where a Monarch with Superior Chassis would have more Health than displayed.
Fixed a bug where a Titan that was undoomed with an Amped Battery would have less Health than displayed.
Fixed issue where Classic Frontier Defense music option was missing for consoles.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 28, 2017

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

EvilHenners posted:

Guild is called Titanfall Goons. Should be easy to find!

PC PS4 or the other thing?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

NEW FEATURED MODES
Aegis Titan Brawl: Standard Titan Brawl but with your Aegis Titans.
Aegis Last Titan Standing: Standard Last Titan Standing but with your Aegis Titans.

:getin:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Are there any new maps for FD? I heard there would be but don't see a mention of one in the patch (that one at the top seems to be for competitive)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Digirat posted:

Are there any new maps for FD? I heard there would be but don't see a mention of one in the patch (that one at the top seems to be for competitive)

Yeah a bunch it was in the trailer teaser

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Digirat posted:

Yep, it'll have Exoplanet, Drydock, and Angel City FD.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

PC PS4 or the other thing?

He was referring to the Titanfall Assault goon clan.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Those are good changes for war games but it ain't gonna fix the dummies that ignore the mortars on that round

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

Those are good changes for war games but it ain't gonna fix the dummies that still play on wargames

Fixed that for you

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

IMO the worst thing about War Games is people that quit when it comes up.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 28, 2017

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eyud posted:

IMO the worst thing about War Games is people that quit when it comes up.

If it wasnt such a garbage designed map people wouldn't be so afraid of it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Vlex posted:

I'm about most evenings buddy for some FD. Haven't played pvp in ages as my usual buddy is having net issues.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
that's sure no patch notes on multiplayer balance changes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I don't think I'm bad at this game by any measure, I've platted it and put in hundreds of hours in MP, but the pilot game has surpassed me at this point and many of the players/teams that I get matched against after 8pm pst are unbelievably skilled. It's just the natural progression of a game like this.

Same. I still feel like I can get by allright, sometimes I do really well, but so many people who play at night have this basic level of twitch skill that is just not something I'm ever going to be able to learn. Luckily there are plenty of ways to offset it and my titan game is allright. But I find myself losing the dumbest shootouts a lot because I can't aim at all these guys bouncing all over the place and shooting me dead in the face.

Luckily this is a game that allows me to step on them/punch them with a giant robot once in a while which is a nice condolence .

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So is Aegis Brawl gonna let you play with your maxxed out titans vs others who don't have the time to spend ploughing hours into FD?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think that's the whole point of it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'd better get levelling poo poo up then.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Post Cards from the Frontier Update is out now.

Comes with a new Live Fire map, existing maps added to Frontier Defense and a new Amped Wall execution.
http://i.imgur.com/zPZGud0.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/4BXNBBK.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/tm55N48.gifv

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 29, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hell yeah guess I'll be binging FD all day

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Flipswitch posted:

I'm about most evenings buddy for some FD. Haven't played pvp in ages as my usual buddy is having net issues.

Cool I'll keep an eye out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Joke's on you fuckers, all you get is WARGAMES FOREVER

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:bisonyes:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

:chloe:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Take WarGames out of the rotation and make a WarGames-only playlist.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I think Drydock might be one of those 'Leave my titan on guard mode and live on the rooftops' kind of maps

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the Titanfall Assault guild is filling pretty quickly, I think there's around 13 slots left. Get in now before we're filled.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is that the mobile game? How is that? I mean, really?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is that the mobile game? How is that? I mean, really?

It's ultimately to make money, so you know how that goes but it's actually pretty fun. Though, it does suck when you're up against a wallet warrior who's units are just way stronger than yours and you get Steamrolled. So far that hasn't happened often to me and I'm usually up against people with similar level units. Give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'll throw like :10bux: at it but that's it. Guess it depends how bad the greed is, I'll check it out